Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria (29279 Views)

Pragya: Nigerian Comedian With The Largest 'Boobs' (photos) / Meet Ellen Baby, Danish Comedian With A Very Big Bum And Big Heart For Africa (P / Helen Paul Used Hijab For A Skit With Wo Song, Slammed By Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by datola: 1:08pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:
Who is fooling who? PhD in Nigeria is bagged by the illiterate who can't even construct a sentence in English. It's all about wearing gown& title and answering doctor that their levels of intellect don't match. Her caption says it all "first stand up comedian to bag a phd' That is all Helen Paul couldn't wait to say. PhD my foot .Nigeria is a mess even a danfo driver will bag a PhD if he greases the right palms.

Hmm...

1 Like

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Bluffly: 1:08pm On Mar 29, 2019
Has any research degree being beneficial to us as a country? The answer is no. I don't even rep naija research degree as mist will be filled with plagiarism of over 50%.

1 Like

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by festacman(m): 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2019
tuhamworld:
I guess it's honorary degree?
Stop guessing. Read the post.

1 Like

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by ensamy(m): 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:
Who is fooling who? PhD in Nigeria is bagged by the illiterate who can't even construct a sentence in English. It's all about wearing gown& title and answering doctor that their levels of intellect don't match. Her caption says it all "first stand up comedian to bag a phd' That is all Helen Paul couldn't wait to say. PhD my foot .Nigeria is a mess even a danfo driver will bag a PhD if he greases the right palms.

Big lie. Go and start yours if you have the right qualifications and the eyes of your understanding will be enlightened to know what you have been blinded of.
Congratulations to Dr Helen Paul, atleast she has something to fall back on.

2 Likes

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by 1Sharon(f): 1:12pm On Mar 29, 2019
toprealman:
It appears your are irked by the simple fact that an 'illiterate' decided sweat it out for a PhD degree. Even if She obtained it from Nepal abi na Sudan sef.....if you have issues, take it to the senate of her University.
Well done Dr Helen Paul, let them continue hating!

Most of them bag these degrees and can't even do anything with them, their life still stays the same. What is Helen Paul going to do with this degree?

Nigerian are experts in bagging these kind of degrees that do nothing for them.

I wish ppl could be more innovate when it comes to education
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by emkz: 1:14pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:

Bros, a PhD is a tough endeavour. If you have not gone through it, don't downplay the efforts of those who have. Eminent Professors like Muyiwa Falaiye, Jim Unah, Charles Soludo, Ike Mowete, Sophie Oluwole (Mamalawo) and a host of others bagged their PhDs in Nigerian universities and they can hold their own anywhere in the world.

If you think Helene Paul is unworthy of the doctorate, well, having being in the university system for more than 15 years, I can tell you for a fact that no university in Nigeria would award a PhD to someone who is unqualified. It would injure their reputation. I have a PhD myself and I know what i am talking about. The Professors that assess your thesis would make you sweat your pants. A PhD is a venture that goes beyond academic brilliance. You need resilience, self-motivation, falling down, getting up, challenging norms, defending your views to pull it through. I struggled as everyone else I know who has a PhD. It even got to a stage, I started interrrogating my advisors and questioned their theories. It earned me their respect, but one of them hates me till today.

The only issue I have with Helene Paul is that she felt the need to prove herself by stating she's the first female stand-up comedian to bag a PhD because this gives people like you the right to think that obtaining a PhD na beans. If you think it is so easy, enrol for one, and when a Professor gives you a scientific problem to solve wey fit give you hypertension if you think am too much, humility would become second nature to you.

Celebrate people when they succeed because you don't know their struggles. You too shall be celebrated. If you have nothing positive to say, simply ignore.

10 Likes

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by enemyofprogress: 1:18pm On Mar 29, 2019
She looks like a bag of beans
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by israelmao(m): 1:18pm On Mar 29, 2019
Good resource lies in the source.Congratulations to Helen Paul!
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by ibnlawal(m): 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:

Shut the f**k up man.....Try and hide your bitterness and show some love. To bag a PhD anywhere in the world is not an easy task, from endless research to the money spent, and time consumed.

I'm guessing u ain't even a master's degree holder. God! Maybe u are even an undergraduate.

Haha! Haba!

4 Likes

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by viktor88: 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ishilove:
Is this an academic PhD or honorary PhD? My bet is on the latter.
Lost
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by ThothHermes: 1:33pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:
Helen Paul is actually a very smart woman. I don't know what you are on about.

4 Likes

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Cmanforall: 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2019
shocked
newsynews:
Helen Paul has expressed excitement in anticipation of becoming the first stand-up Comedian to be a PH.d holder. Apparently, she will be bagging the new status at the University of Lagos soon.

Taking to social media, Helen Paul thanked God for the achievement and invited everyone to her convocation ceremony.

https://lailasnews.com/helen-paul-first-comedian-phd/

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Realbelieveer(m): 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:

Ugly handwriting grin
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 29, 2019
emkz:

Bros, a PhD is a tough endeavour. If you have not gone through it, don't downplay the efforts of those who have. Eminent Professors like Muyiwa Falaiye, Jim Unah, Charles Soludo, Ike Mowete, Sophie Oluwole (Mamalawo) and a host of others bagged their PhDs in Nigerian universities and they can hold their own anywhere in the world.

If you think Helene Paul is unworthy of the doctorate, well, having being in the university system for more than 15 years, I can tell you for a fact that no university in Nigeria would award a PhD to someone who is unqualified. It would injure their reputation. I have a PhD myself and I know what i am talking about. The Professors that assess your thesis would make you sweat your pants. A PhD is a venture that goes beyond academic brilliance. You need resilience, self-motivation, falling down, getting up, challenging norms, defending your views to pull it through. I struggled as everyone else I know who has a PhD. It even got to a stage, I started interrrogating my advisors and questioned their theories. It earned me their respect, but one of them hates me till today.

The only issue I have with Helene Paul is that she felt the need to prove herself by stating she's the first female stand-up comedian to bag a PhD because this gives people like you the right to think that obtaining a PhD na beans. If you think it is so easy, enrol for one, and when a Professor gives you a scientific problem to solve wey fit give you hypertension if you think am too much, humility would become second nature to you.

Celebrate people when they succeed because you don't know their struggles. You too shall be celebrated. If you have nothing positive to say, simply ignore.
God bless you sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Anambrapikin(m): 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2019
I don't understand is it an honorary Doctorate degree or Academic PHD?
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by ThothHermes: 1:36pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ishilove:
Wrong bet. You are feeding into the usual stereotypes.
Helen Paul is different. She is really intelligent.
I'm not surprised at all.
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by vascey(m): 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:

Brother we were all born illiterates. It's what you do about it that counts. Better start doing something.

1 Like

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Realbelieveer(m): 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2019
enemyofprogress:
She looks like a bag of beans

Who climb your mother like a ladder?
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ishilove:
Academic PhD

1 Like

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:
/
Don't forget.

Our education is only for the title just like a chieftaincy title.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

/

1 Like

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by opoloba: 2:02pm On Mar 29, 2019
congrat, good for her

In another news, to play Deal or No Deal game, whot game, poker game, click on https:///2HVwA3H
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by derbykol(f): 2:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
Congrats.No be beans
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by derbykol(f): 2:07pm On Mar 29, 2019
Geenosko:

If it's easy go and get phd na
If not for inferiority complex why don't you just read the post and pass?
Exactly.Phd in any field is not an easy sojourn.

1 Like

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Geenosko: 2:09pm On Mar 29, 2019
derbykol:
Exactly.Phd in any field is not an easy sojourn.

Don't mind them. They think four years plus of independent rigorous research is easy.

1 Like

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by derbykol(f): 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2019
emkz:

Well said.I have two PhD holders in my family and if they tell you what they passed through to acquire PhD in Medical Microbiology and Developmental Economics respectively,you will cut some slacks for them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by ebenholer2(m): 2:35pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:
This is ridiculously untrue, there is not smooth right(not even in unilag) to bagging PH. d. It is a hard fight. My brother when u see any PH. d holder in Nigeria kindly respect such person, even for the cognitive knowledge he must have acquired which is peculiar to Nigeria setting as the only way of awarding certificates.

2 Likes

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by donprof2k: 2:43pm On Mar 29, 2019
This is not a mean feat; Congrats to Helen Paul.

1 Like

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by iamfromlagos(f): 2:54pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:
Bad belle pikin, you don finish?

1 Like

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by iamfromlagos(f): 2:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ishilove:
Inferiority complex at work.
Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by eazykolobo(m): 3:14pm On Mar 29, 2019
una craze gan for NL ooo....some pple will just open their oral cavity and spew out trash.....am here to read sensible and coot comments though.
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Deji63: 3:21pm On Mar 29, 2019
ebenholer2:

This is ridiculously untrue, there is not smooth right(not even in unilag) to bagging PH. d. It is a hard fight. My brother when u see any PH. d holder in Nigeria kindly respect such person, even for the cognitive knowledge he must have acquired which is peculiar to Nigeria setting as the only way of awarding certificates.

Go to Universities and see half baked Lecturers who can't speak proper English yet say they have bagged a PhD Degree. It's a mess. I have a PhD from the US and when you know you know.
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Deji63: 3:25pm On Mar 29, 2019
ensamy:

Big lie. Go and start yours if you have the right qualifications and the eyes of your understanding will be enlightened to know what you have been blinded of.
Congratulations to Dr Helen Paul, atleast she has something to fall back on.

Bagged mine from Chicago five years ago and I know what I am talking about on my stance on the Nigerian Education System. It's the titles here. No more no less.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Khloe Calls Out U.S, U.K And Canadian Embassies Over Visa Denial / Pictures Of Celebrities At Monalisa Chinda's 40th Birthday Party / Kris Asimonye Ugboma & Bovi Celebrate 8th Wedding Anniversary With Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.