Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria (29277 Views)

Pragya: Nigerian Comedian With The Largest 'Boobs' (photos) / Meet Ellen Baby, Danish Comedian With A Very Big Bum And Big Heart For Africa (P / Helen Paul Used Hijab For A Skit With Wo Song, Slammed By Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by newsynews: 7:32am On Mar 29, 2019
Helen Paul has expressed excitement in anticipation of becoming the first stand-up Comedian to be a PH.d holder. Apparently, she will be bagging the new status at the University of Lagos soon.

Taking to social media, Helen Paul thanked God for the achievement and invited everyone to her convocation ceremony.

https://lailasnews.com/helen-paul-first-comedian-phd/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by itspzpics(m): 8:04am On Mar 29, 2019
Waaawu

Watch Her Comedy Video => HERE
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Deji63: 8:32am On Mar 29, 2019
Who is fooling who? PhD in Nigeria is bagged by the illiterate who can't even construct a sentence in English. It's all about wearing gown& title and answering doctor that their levels of intellect don't match. Her caption says it all "first stand up comedian to bag a phd' That is all Helen Paul couldn't wait to say. PhD my foot .Nigeria is a mess even a danfo driver will bag a PhD if he greases the right palms.

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by IamD18: 8:35am On Mar 29, 2019
She's not funny, but she's sensible enough to hustle reasonably without hustling like Toke Makinwa.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Jayslicky: 9:26am On Mar 29, 2019
Good for her but I actually don't find her jokes funny, she is a hard-working woman who lives a modest life unlike other female celebrities who cannot live a day without seeking public attention.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Cceramicaltd: 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
Congrats Helen

4 Likes

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by tuhamworld: 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
Congratulations

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Ishilove: 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
Is this an academic PhD or honorary PhD? My bet is on the latter.

3 Likes

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by madridsta007(m): 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:
Who is fooling who? PhD in Nigeria is bagged by the illiterate who can't even construct a sentence in English. It's all about wearing gown& title and answering doctor that their levels of intellect don't match. Her caption says it all "first stand up comedian to bag a phd' That is all Helen Paul couldn't wait to say. PhD my foot .Nigeria is a mess even a danfo driver will bag a PhD if he greases the right palms.

So you have your PhD?

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by festacman(m): 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2019
PhD no be beans. And when it comes from Unilag and out of usually tough supervisory interaction between two females, then you are almost sure that Helen Paul is worthy of this proof of higher intellectual capacity she had just acquired. By the way, that guarantees another stream of income.

Congratulations Tatafo!

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Geenosko: 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:

If it's easy go and get phd na
If not for inferiority complex why don't you just read the post and pass?

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by tuhamworld: 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
I guess it's honorary degree?

Note - It is just a question and not to belittle her achievement
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ishilove:
Didn't you read the part of her supervisor, Prof Osita Ezawanebe or something?, do honorary Ph.d recipients have supervisors?

Many People will find it hard to believe because of her profession, I heard its a Ph.d in theater arts or so. Its not easy at all. I know because my mom went through this process, from going for seminar to seminar especially when you are working. She would give multiple excuses to take leave from work to meet up with the seminar (you must be present) and would leave her workplace by 5pm to go to Unilag to meet her supervisor in-spite of this nonsense lagos hold-upand would get home by 11pm sometimes 12. The stress is crazy, then there's Apc, Vivre and so on, not really conversant with the terms. Then there are the battle hardened professors throwing horrible questions at you during presentation that would break you down, your supervisor would then try to defend you. I have seen it live and know it's not an easy feat.

I've thought about it before, but at this point in my life i'm not interested in a Ph.d, even masters sef get as e be as B.sc don show me pepper. Maybe my perspective would change over time, I don't know. I wouldn't want a Ph.d so people would keep calling me Dr. upandan, i'm not really interested in research or the academic route, but i know its not easy and admire the guts of those who tread that path.

Congrats to her once again.
A real role model to young Nigerian women, not those other ones

Deji63:
You are one of those pessimist who see nothing good in others, your country or things you are directly affiliated with, you always think they're all inferior.
It says a lot more about your person than her's in this case....

She has bagged a Ph.d in Theatre arts from the university of Lagos. Let you and your danfo driver go and bag your own, or at least perform exceptionally in whatever field you are, let us hear your news on Nairaland and congratulate you, abi you and success get beef?
Na person wey never achieve anything dey quick to bring down people wey don do pass am

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by korel9: 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
Unlike that goro chewing......

5 Likes

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Tolbanks(f): 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:

Pele! We all understand! sad

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by daylae(m): 12:59pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:
Meaning

14 Likes

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 12:59pm On Mar 29, 2019
and so.
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by UTILITYMAY(m): 12:59pm On Mar 29, 2019
Congratulations
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Mac2016(m): 1:00pm On Mar 29, 2019
With the kain mentality above, it is certain people are wandering about with a lot of negative energy. Why would you debase anything autochthonous? Must it just be from America to be a good one?

Bro, many brains need to be reconfigured!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by ensamy(m): 1:00pm On Mar 29, 2019
PH.d ? is this Ph.D for Nigerian stand up comedians ?? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by UTILITYMAY(m): 1:01pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:

Na wa for you ooo!
Simple compliment, you cannot do
Haters

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Gforce2019: 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2019
tuhamworld:

Honorary degree on what basis?

To get PhD is not too difficult as you think...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by ensamy(m): 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
Congratulations Helen Paul.
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Mac2016(m): 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
tuhamworld:
The problem of this country on display with you here. YOU WILL NEVER READ! If you had read, you wont ask this shameful qstn.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by RisMas(m): 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
I'm sure u havent heard about Prof Akinwale from UNILORIN, Professor of Performing arts, He isnt a Sit down tragedian either wink

3 Likes

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by faithfull18(f): 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
Congrats to her.
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by Mac2016(m): 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ishilove:
wrong bet! when you wont read! grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by toprealman: 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:
It appears your are irked by the simple fact that an 'illiterate' decided to sweat it out for a PhD degree. Even if She obtained it from Nepal abi na Sudan sef.....if you have issues, take it to the senate of her University.
Well done Dr Helen Paul, let them continue hating!

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by datola: 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2019
Deji63:

Hmm....
Re: Helen Paul To Become The First Stand-up Comedian With A PH.d In Nigeria by 1Sharon(f): 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2019
Educated illiterates. Not saying her but some Nigerians in general

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bring Your Mother, Bastard”- Ubi Franklin Replies A Troll Who. / Nadia Buari And Michael Essien Set To Wed In Dec / Toke Makinwa Poses With Her N2.5m Bag In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.