Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,863 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists (114797 Views)

10 Nollywood Stars Whose Stage Names Became Popular Than Their Real Names / Top 10 Nollywood Superstars Married At Least Twice(photos) / 10 Nollywood Celebrities That Have Died In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by safarigirl(f): 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2019
Following the other lists on Early Nollywood, this weekend, I’m compiling a list for the top ritualists in Nollywood. This list solely concerns some of the best Blood money partakers, Nollywood has ever seen, bear in mind, we aren’t just talking about people who did juju, but those who did juju with the aim of making money. So, the likes of Patience Ozokwor and Chiwetalu Agu, whose sole purpose of using jazz was to kill, maim and destroy, rather than elevate their own financial status, will not be included in this list, but will be saved for another list.

So, without further ado, here is a list of the guys who convinced us that they had the best blood money priests on speed dial, and that anyone wearing a cowboy hat is a ritualist grin.

10 Tony Umez

First off on the list, is the universal mugu, Tony Umez. Tony was never one of the inner circle ritualists, no, he’s the confused, cowardly guy that only got in because of peer pressure and his wife, constantly harassing and bullying him. More often than not, he’s the first one to mess up and do something unforgivably stupid. Very good at begging for his life after he has irrevocably messed up, Tony rarely ever survives whatever blood money rituals he goes into.

9 Jerry Amilo

Jerry may have been one of the youngest ritualists in Nollywood back in the day. He was the leader of the young boys ritualist gang, he also served as chief recruiter. Before Yul Edochie and Malay money came onto the scene, Jerry was the plug if you need fast blood money and you were below thirty-five years of age. He took some of his friends Across the Bridge, in one of those popular ritualist movies, and introduced them to the revered Nwanyi Asaba, whose breast milk had the power to make you rich beyond your wildest dreams. So, next time, when you hear someone refer to a lady’s massive boobies as ala nwanyi asaba, rememeber that Jerry was the plug grin

8 Prince Emeka Ani

Prince Emeka Ani was always part of the inner circle of ritualists and council of elders in the group. He was one of those responsible for ex-communicating any errant ritualist, and organizing midnight sessions to deal with pastors who try to break up their ring. Emeka’s glare was only second to Pete Edochie’s, and his beard was enough to scare any right-thinking human.

7 Zach Orji

Zach Orji’s ritualist story shares similarities with that of Tony Umez, in the sense that, he usually went into it due to peer pressure and an unsupportive wife, or a wife who supported ritualism. Zach Orji usually had to be led to do everything. Someone within the inner circle always liked him enough to spoonfeed him through the process, but eventually, if you ain’t got it, you ain’t got it, and Zack never really had the balls for rituals. He was usually the bad recruit, the one who would eventually lead to the downfall of the entire ritualist ring, but not before it had taken away some of his loved ones. In fact, it was the death of his loved ones that would lead him to a church, to ask for forgiveness.

6 Charles Okafor

[img]https://1.bp..com/-jDndZbQtPRY/VE3DSOxYhxI/AAAAAAABBT0/r3M3wUCS3rI/s1600/Charles%2BOkafor.png[/img]

Just like Jerry Amilo, Charles played the recruit a lot of times, for ritualist rings. He was also responsible for doing some of the dirty work. Unlike Jerry though, he was recruiting for the big guys. He was the go-between of the senior men and the upcoming ritualists grin. Charles was also the guy who always warned the wimpy recruits to desist from their imminent stupidity, whenever they were losing their minds and set to leave the life. He rarely ever survived the destruction of the blood money guys, but at least, e dey try

5 Clem Ohameze

If you want to finish Clem, just tell him to bring his mother for rituals grin

Clem is another bad recruit in the blood money gang. He was the one guy that, in hindsight, should never have been invited to the table to begin with. He had a thing for being a poor man, who would beg his newly rich friend to show him the way to his money, and he would foolishly walk into anything, because he was desperate for cash. He was usually warned multiple times, before-hand, but e too dey form hard guy, so e no dey hear word….until his first son becomes an slowpoke. Clem was particularly good at crying, and begging for mercy from whatever god that had blessed him with the blood money, but it was all to no avail, because the only way out for him, most of the time, is through death.

4 Alex Usifo

Another member of the inner circle, Alex Usifo was the ritualist with twenty years ritual experience. He always had a few words of advice for the youngings and lived his baby boy life to the hilt. A man about town, if the group needed some young ladies who were no longer in need of their destinies, they would find them at whatever party Alex Usifo was organizing. Let us call him the Resource Manager of your average Blood Money Group of Companies

3 Kenneth Okonkwo

Most people in Nigeria were introduced to the woes of blood money through Kenneth Okonkwo in the iconic movie, Living in Bondage. Yes, Kenneth Okonkwo was the friend who was down and out and desperately needed a come-up, and was ultimately lured into the gruesome blood money circle. He, like many of us on the internet today, was never really patient enough, to look through the terms and conditions of the organization he was subscribing to, and so, fell into a rabbit hole, he was generally unprepared for.
Kenneth would reprise that role of the clueless ritualist over and over again, in his Nollywood career. However, after almost ten years in the game, Nollywood producers finally acknowledged the OG status of Kenneth in the ritual game, and upgraded his post, so that he became part of the inner circle- occasionally. But his role in that iconic movie, will forever remain ingrained in the minds of all blood money movie watchers.

2 Pete Edochie

The CEO of Blood Money Gang, mixer of the jazz, Founder, Ogwu Ego Group of Companies, the only one allowed into the inner chamber to fraternize with the gods of ogwu ego, Pete Edochie was always the Supreme Leader in the group. All the recruits had to pass through him, and any recruit that mssed up, had to face him. And he was unforgiving, his sneer alone, will send the fear of God down your spine.

Pete was involved in so many rituals, whether it was putting people into coffins to sleep, or pounding newborn babies to cook a strong medicine for quick money. He never suffered fools, had not time for he whimpering cowards like Tony Umez and once your face appears on his mirror or in his calabash, e don be for you. You either run mad or die, but your life was essentially over. In fact, if Pete has to leave his den to come to your house, just prepare yourself, because your time is surely up. This man was so good in blood money, I’m sure a lot of people must have genuinely believed he engaged in it.

My most memorable movie of Pete Edochie doing money rituals, was this movie, where he used a girl who sells banana for rituals, and her ghost used to haunt him, with her tray of bananas on her head, crying “Buy banana” I am not ashamed to say, that as a child, that scene haunted me for years.

1 Kanayo O. Kanayo

[img]https://1.bp..com/-vBDu145c_n4/UY3gaUZIMQI/AAAAAAABJfA/rclSqrvpeic/s1600/Kanayo_O_Kanayo.jpg[/img]

And finally, the King of them all, the number one ritualist in Nigeria and beyond, the only man that till today, his face alone, inspires tales of mutilated bodies, and kidnappings, Kanayo O. Kanayo. This man is so good, his name, KOK, is synonymous to ritual. There is nobody KOK cannot use for rituals, no relationship is too sacred; his mother, wife, children, siblings, even his pastor. KOK was ruthless, he only lived by one rule, and that was, Money must be made, by any means necessary. If KOK has acted 100 movies in Nollywood, at least 70 of them had him doing money rituals.

He was the plug, to all your necessary ritual needs. If you need the poop of a six-month old tse-tse fly, KOK knew where to take you, you want the intestine of an albino tortoise, KOK had a guy who could arrange it. Nothing was too great or too little for KOK to find on this earth, and no powers against him could defeat him. This man is the Elite ritualist through and through, they don’t make ‘em better than KOK.

Our Jagaban of the ritual world has mostly retired from the roles, but KOK will forever be the Eze ndi Ogwu Ego.

Worthy Mentions

Enebeli Elebuwa

Ejike Asiegbu

Zulu Adigwe

Emeka Enyiocha
www.nairaland.com/attachments/7709583_img20180904212259000_jpeg45feb88d244c5f66c6582d5aea188af2

Yul Edochie

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by nairamaniac: 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2019
Confirmed.

These guys played the ritualist roles so well that while I was younger, I prefare to see the devil himself than any of these actors.

I don't think Prince Emeka Ani learnt any other role in acting school, besides these ritualist roles.

MODIFIED:
Legend has it that Prince Emeka Ani was arrested for ritual crimes in real life and sentenced to death.

His only bail condition was for him to act in movies all his atrocities from real life.

That beard you see on his face in all those movies is the particular beard-style worn by real ritualists in their various shines.

OP safarigirl u are too much.

May you dream of all these scary guys this particular night grin

Wow!!!!!! I made first to comment.
I wd give testimony in church tomorrow, sunday.
I shall be the Head and never the body or tail.
Amen!!!

Seun, where is my Money?
Let me wire u my Aza.

Safarigirl, lovely thread.
When do we start dating? So every morning you can be waking me up on our bed with such interesting topics? kiss

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by Kusherman: 5:04pm On Mar 29, 2019
Can't forget that Kanoyo movie where he wasseeing a dog chasing him and shouting "Arusee Arusee"

I used to fear that guy no be small

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by Kenedy16(m): 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2019
Those dayz if i just c pete edochie 4 film i go lose appetite 2 watch film.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by cescky(m): 5:48pm On Mar 29, 2019
Lol

Funny and nice write up

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by eleojo23: 10:07pm On Mar 29, 2019
Nice write-up....cheesy

Pete Edochie the CEO of Blood Money Gang and
Founder, Ogwu Ego Group of Companies,
grin

Lalasticlala, have you seen this? cheesy

28 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by HopeAlive14(m): 11:23am On Mar 30, 2019
KOK is no.1 grin

Him no get rival

105 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by NaijaOlosho(f): 11:23am On Mar 30, 2019
Is this now a true confirmation that Igbos are the main Ritualists in Nigeria?? cheesy

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by Miracle4Sure: 11:23am On Mar 30, 2019
cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 30, 2019
grin Like for Kanayo. O. Kanayo, Share for Pete Edochie

143 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by Soso990240(m): 11:24am On Mar 30, 2019
Nollywood is nothing without these guys.. I salute una. Indomie Children, oya come and tell us u don't know them.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 30, 2019
Ok
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by uchimadarasan: 11:25am On Mar 30, 2019
The crypto based portal only

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by Olyibe: 11:25am On Mar 30, 2019
They made backyard without light at night hellish.

43 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by helinues: 11:25am On Mar 30, 2019
Undisputed, Kanayo is number 1

11 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by Kendumazy(m): 11:25am On Mar 30, 2019
Mheen! Those good old days when movie industry was still movie industry and artists were acting with passion not the get rich quick people we have there now producing thrash.

27 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by Baddestshit(m): 11:26am On Mar 30, 2019
Yoruba own na Murphy afolabi.. That guy and him accent ehn... He like to dey do ritualist

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by Nobody: 11:26am On Mar 30, 2019
Kanayo o. Kanayo the legend grin

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by Soso990240(m): 11:27am On Mar 30, 2019
uchimadarasan:
Why are 90% from the Igbos.. That's not fair na..
Olu Jacobs, etc nko
Be sincere to urself, nollywood then was made up of 80% Igbo producers and actors.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by ken6488(m): 11:28am On Mar 30, 2019
No 5

Dat man all his movies I watched always a ritualist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by amidel(m): 11:29am On Mar 30, 2019
Okay.

Now, the Young boys are doing real rituals.

But how does blood money work?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 30, 2019

13 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by CaesarDon(m): 11:30am On Mar 30, 2019
Zach Orji and clem ohaneze should be ranked higher on that list, but u tried, cos Kanayo I Kanayo deservedly placed on top that list,

If I see that man for night aswear I fit run angry angry

14 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by careytommy37(m): 11:31am On Mar 30, 2019
Where is KOK
Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by megareal: 11:33am On Mar 30, 2019
Good one OP. I love the way you write and your list is so apt.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by Lordave: 11:33am On Mar 30, 2019
I already know who will be first on the list

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by shuttox: 11:34am On Mar 30, 2019
you why always Igbos..Ar they known for rituals?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by Kharol1234: 11:35am On Mar 30, 2019
na d real list b dat no mistake.........kanayo o kanayo na e b der oga..

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nollywood Ritualists by BenzEne1(m): 11:35am On Mar 30, 2019
Kusherman:
Can't forget that Kanoyo movie where he wasseeing a dog chasing him and shouting "Arusee Arusee"

I used to fear that guy no be small

That was Kenneth Okonkwo. The movie Aru Siyi. The Protector the destroyer. Fear that movie dat year. Scariest I've watched remains Last Burial

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emmanuella Samuel's New Height / Bobrisky Arrested By Police In Lagos Over Fight With Toyin Lawani (Photos) / Throwback Video Of Bobrisky: How His Girlfriend Dumped Him And Lots More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.