Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? (1074 Views)

Beings Walking Among Us In Human Form But Not Human / Moral Problems: Is Incest Wrong? Why? / Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by orisa37: 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2019
Please where in the Book did either God or Christ specifically forbid Incest?
Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by OpenYourEyes1: 5:42pm On Mar 29, 2019
'Cursed be anyone who lies with his sister, whether the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’ - Deuteronomy 27:22

Inbreeding not good for the genes anyway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by TVSA: 6:05pm On Mar 29, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
'Cursed be anyone who lies with his sister, whether the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’ - Deuteronomy 27:22

but Abraham married his sister.

1 Like

Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:19pm On Mar 29, 2019
TVSA:

Abraham's Niece. Human population was probably small during that time which was after the flood

1 Like

Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by TVSA: 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Abraham's Niece. Human population was probably small during that time which was after the flood

The incest law predates
Abraham married his sister not niece GEN 20:12. And there were 10 generations between the flood and Abraham, that is around 400 years. There were much people around already and some notable nations have already been formed. why must he marry his sister? And what is the excuse about the incest law coming later? soddom and gommorah were destroyed for their acts of perversion but there was no law against homosexuality at that time.

1 Like

Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by OpenYourEyes1: 6:14am On Mar 30, 2019
TVSA:
Abraham married his sister not niece GEN 20:12. And there were 10 generations between the flood and Abraham, that is around 400 years. There were much people around already and some notable nations have already been formed. why must he marry his sister? And what is the excuse about the incest law coming later? soddom and gommorah were destroyed for their acts of perversion but there was no law against homosexuality at that time.

Gen20:12 Abraham actually lied to a king to protect his wife

1 Like

Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by TVSA: 7:02am On Mar 30, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

oga, read your bible, Abraham is her brother. In GENESIS 20 verse 2, Abraham only told Abimelek she is his sister to protect himself but Abraham later confessed that she is both his sister and wife in verse 12

1 Like

Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:46am On Mar 30, 2019
TVSA:
oga, read your bible, Abraham is her brother. In GENESIS 20 verse 2, Abraham only told Abimelek she is his sister to protect himself but Abraham later confessed that she is both his sister and wife in verse 12

"And at that time Nahor and Abram took unto themselves wives, the daughters of their brother Haran; the wife of Nahor was Milca and the name of Abram's wife was Sarai. And Sarai, wife of Abram, was barren; she had no offspring in those days."- Jasher 12:44
Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by TVSA: 8:46am On Mar 30, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

"And at that time Nahor and Abram took unto themselves wives, the daughters of their brother Haran; the wife of Nahor was Milca and the name of Abram's wife was Sarai. And Sarai, wife of Abram, was barren; she had no offspring in those days."- Jasher 12:44
WTH is Jasher? I thought we were discussing the bible. Isn't bible the final authority again?

1 Like

Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by MuttleyLaff: 8:55am On Mar 30, 2019
orisa37:

OpenYourEyes1:

Thank you for that verse

TVSA:
Abraham married his sister not niece GEN 20:12
In light of Genesis 11:31 , it is obvious, that Abram lied, and a second time, lied another again

OpenYourEyes1:
Lied to protect his skin, and as usual, because he lacked faith that God will protect him if it being known the beautiful woman is his wife

TVSA:
And there were 10 generations between the flood and Abraham, that is around 400 years. There were much people around already and some notable nations have already been formed. why must he marry his sister?
Endogamy is the reason why

TVSA:
And what is the excuse about the incest law coming later?
The DNA block has degenerated. It no longer is wise to embrace that route anymore

TVSA:
soddom and gommorah were destroyed for their acts of perversion
Sodom and Gomorrah were already earmarked for destruction and this primarily was for being inhospital. The attempted rape, the lusting after a neighbour's body and trying to have carnal knowledge without consent was insult upon injury, like adding salt to a wound

TVSA:
but there was no law against homosexuality at that time.
There never was any law per se against homosexuality, against homosexuality as we know it, TVSA

TVSA:
WTH is Jasher? I thought we were discussing the bible. Isn't bible the final authority again?
Genesis 11:31 is bible as they come. Terah, took his daughter-in-law Sarai, the wife of his son Abram, making the disntinction very clear, didnt say daughter but said daughter in law

1 Like

Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by MrPresident1: 8:59am On Mar 30, 2019
orisa37:

Incest is Roman law

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by orisa37: 10:07am On Mar 30, 2019
MrPresident1:

Incest is Roman law

The Romans are wicked. Instead of bleeping their own, they prefer to scatter others. Romans introduce Wars. Fulanis and Daurans followed.
Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by orisa37: 10:16am On Mar 30, 2019
Deuteronomy 27:22 is human interpretation.

Inbreeding not good for the genes anyway. Same for masturbation and fingering..
Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by Bojack(m): 10:30am On Mar 30, 2019
most of the characters in the Bible married their siblings

1 Like

Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by orisa37: 10:35am On Mar 30, 2019
TVSA:

Jacob married his first cousins.
Adam married his Rib, blood, himself.
European Monarchs married themselves before until Elizabeth tried a North African.

1 Like

Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by TVSA: 10:41am On Mar 30, 2019
Muttleylaff, soddom and gomorrah were destroyed because of sexual immorality Jude 1:7. And read the discussion between Abraham and Abimelek again in genesis 20. The conclusion was that they were both half siblings and couples, after abraham told the whole truth.
Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by orisa37: 10:54am On Mar 30, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

So with larger population, sex became indiscriminately horizontal and diagonally. A Fulani man, that very skinning Bedouin Trekker, can come from Fouta Djallon(Morrocco, Mauritania, Bukino Faso and Sokoto to bleep the Yorubas anyhow.
Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by MrPresident1: 11:03am On Mar 30, 2019
orisa37:

The Romans are wicked. Instead of bleeping their own, they prefer to scatter others. Romans introduce Wars. Fulanis and Daurans followed.

There will be a just recompense for them and all their dogs, it is the promise of the LORD.

1 Like

Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by orisa37: 11:06am On Mar 30, 2019
TVSA:

Yes it is. It's a Lesson from above.
Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by MuttleyLaff: 11:09am On Mar 30, 2019
TVSA:
Muttleylaff, soddom and gomorrah were destroyed because of sexual immorality Jude 1:7. And read the discussion between Abraham and Abimelek again in genesis 20. The conclusion was that they were both half siblings and couples, after abraham told the whole truth.
TVSA, let me repeat again, Sodom and Gomorrah were already earmarked for destruction and this primarily was for being inhospital. It had nothing originally to do with the attempted rape, the lusting after a neighbour's body and trying to have carnal knowledge without consent, that was insult upon injury, like adding salt to a wound. The city had already been decided to be destroyed before their insensitive act and madness

Also, like, I already and earlier said, Abram's case, was once you start with a lie, you need another lie to cover yourself up with. He lied to Abimelech the first time, and also lied another lie, the second time
Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by TVSA: 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
TVSA, let me repeat again, Sodom and Gomorrah were already earmarked for destruction and this primarily was for being inhospital. It had nothing originally to do with the attempted rape, the lusting after a neighbour's body and trying to have carnal knowledge without consent, that was insult upon injury, like adding salt to a wound. The city had already been decided to be destroyed before their insensitive act and madness

Also, like, I already and earlier said, Abram's case, was once you start with a lie, you need another lie to cover yourself up with. He lied to Abimelech the first time, and also lied another lie, the second time
are you saying Peter and Jude were wrong for saying sodom was destroyed for their sexual immorality in 2 pet 2:6-9 and jude 1:7. And where is it in the bible that inhospitability is a capital crime? The angels were already in sodom for the purpose of destroying the cities gen 19:13. We all know the punishment for sexual perversion.
Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by TVSA: 12:31pm On Mar 30, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

why will Abraham lie again after God had warned Abimelek in a dream and punished his household. it does not make any sense for Abraham to lie again to the guy. There was nothing to cover up again
Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by MuttleyLaff: 6:49pm On Mar 30, 2019
TVSA:
why will Abraham lie again after God had warned Abimelek in a dream and punished his household.
The first lie I am referring to is the one he lied to Pharaoh, and not the second and third, two lies he told Abimelech

TVSA:
it does not make any sense for Abraham to lie again to the guy. There was nothing to cover up again
Guilty conscience and because he doesnt want to lose face
Did you read Genesis 11:31?

TVSA:
are you saying Peter and Jude were wrong for saying Sodom was destroyed for their sexual immorality in 2 Pet 2:6-9 and Jude 1:7. And where is it in the bible that inhospitability is a capital crime?
Will you for a minute, be objective here, huh. Lets take it for granted, yes Sodom and Gomorrah, has sexual immorality problems, but the fact still remains, that they were already earmarked for destruction and this primarily was for being inhospital. The decision to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah had already been made the attempted rape, the lusting after a neighbour's body and trying to have carnal knowledge without consent, that was insult upon injury, like adding salt to a wound. The city had already been decided to be destroyed before this their wicked, insensitive act and madness

TVSA:
And where is it in the bible that inhospitability is a capital crime?
"49Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
"
- Ezekiel 16:49-50

Anywhere, wherever and whenever God decides like in Ezekiel 16:49-50 above for example

TVSA:
The angels were already in Sodom for the purpose of destroying the cities Gen 19:13.
That is correct, but the decision to destroy the city was made known at Gen 18:17-33. The angels were there at Gen 19:13 already in the city to destroy it but the attempted rape and the trying to have carnal knowledge with another without their consent was like the case of someone another wants to barbecue but the someone is rubbing petrol all over his/her body.

TVSA:
We all know the punishment for sexual perversion.
Give the punishments for the list of these rich and inexhaustible examples of this sexual perversion please.
Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by TVSA: 8:06pm On Mar 30, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
The first lie I am referring to is the one he lied to Pharaoh, and not the second and third, two lies he told Abimelech

Guilty conscience and because he doesnt want to lose face
Did you read Genesis 11:31?

Will you for a minute, be objective here, huh. Lets take it for granted, yes Sodom and Gomorrah, has sexual immorality problems, but the fact still remains, that they were already earmarked for destruction and this primarily was for being inhospital. The decision to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah had already been made the attempted rape, the lusting after a neighbour's body and trying to have carnal knowledge without consent, that was insult upon injury, like adding salt to a wound. The city had already been decided to be destroyed before this their wicked, insensitive act and madness

"49Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
50They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
"
- Ezekiel 16:49-50

Anywhere, wherever and whenever God decides like in Ezekiel 16:49-50 above for example

That is correct, but the decision to destroy the city was made known at Gen 18:17-33. The angels were there at Gen 19:13 already in the city to destroy it but the attempted rape and the trying to have carnal knowledge with another without their consent was like the case of someone another wants to barbecue but the someone is rubbing petrol all over his/her body.

Give the punishments for the list of these rich and inexhaustible examples of this sexual perversion please.
I never said Sodom was destroyed because they wanted to rape angels. The problem was, Sodom had a group of depraved people. Group of people don't just wake up one day and try and rape other men. It must have been their practice to commit sexual perversion. Ezekiel talked about many sins, I agree, but it was also stated there that they did detestable things. Why did you assume Lot was angry with the people because they were inhospitable? when Peter and Jude already explained that the sin of Sodom was Sexual immorality. "Sodomite" was used in the bible to describe sexual perverts (specifically, male cult prostitutes) not people that were not hospitable.

And talking about Abraham and Abimelech, this is the Conclusion of their meeting. Abraham states that Sarah, his wife, is really his sister, leading Abimelech to try to take Sarah as a wife; however, God intervened before Abimelech touched Sarah. Abimelech complains to Abraham, who states that Sarah is actually his half sister and wife. So my question is why will Abraham lie again that Sarah was his sister? that Terah refer to Sarah as daughter in law doesn't mean she's not his daughter. Abraham said Sarah wasn't from his mother, so Sarah could have been a bastard in the family.
Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by MuttleyLaff: 10:20pm On Mar 30, 2019
TVSA:
I never said Sodom was destroyed because they wanted to rape angels. The problem was, Sodom had a group of depraved people. Group of people don't just wake up one day and try and rape other men. It must have been their practice to commit sexual perversion.
Yup, just as I earlier said that they werent generally a hospitable lot

TVSA:
Ezekiel talked about many sins, I agree, but it was also stated there that they did detestable things
Ah ha, now tell please, what were the detestable things they did?

TVSA:
Why did you assume Lot was angry with the people because they were inhospitable?
"But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly."
- Genesis 13:13

Lot was angry for not realising the grass is actually always greener on the other side, just because of the bullshit beneath and crap on the land. TVSA, remember that Lot earlier, had lifted up his eyes, and saw all the plain of the Jordan, that it was well-watered everywhere, like the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as you go to Zoar and so picked the area, this obviously was before God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.

Now tell me TVSA, is it hospitable people that will force themselves on visitors or guests and to make matters worse, do it without their consent or permission, huh?

TVSA:
when Peter and Jude already explained that the sin of Sodom was Sexual immorality.
If I dont know you TVSA, I would have accused you of being haughty just like Sodom and Gomorrah were, but I know you arent. Please stop cherry picking TVSA, because the truth is that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed for a plethora of sins, like adultery and walking in falsehood for example. Everything I type I've so far typed about Sodom and Gomorrah, is documented and backed up by the bible

You're coming across as being overly more interested in the sexual immorality than be fazed or bothered about Sodom and Gomorrah's adultery and walking in falsehood, being haughty, arrogant, overfed, greedy, unconcerned and not taking care of the poor and needy

Now TVSA, Peter and Jude were not explaining that the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was sexuality immorality. What they were talking about are those teaching that angels had sexual union with human beings. For crying out loud, Peter and Jude are decrying false teachers and their heresies. Their letters have nothing to do with sexual immorality(ies), but were all about refuting the book of Enoch and with loads of hypothetical "if"s

TVSA:
"Sodomite" was used in the bible to describe sexual perverts (specifically, male cult prostitutes) not people that were not hospitable.
I am ecstatically happy you brought this up because it points to you knowing your onions and one or two things about the "sodomites", especially when and where you made it less confusing and more understandable by using the phrase "male cult prostitutes" I am quite sure, you likely already know about the mistranslations and lies perpetrated over the passage of time with "sodomites" too. I am equally sure, you know what exactly God found detestable and/or to be an abomination to Him with this Sodomite hanky-panky sexual misbehaviour.

TVSA:
And talking about Abraham and Abimelech, this is the Conclusion of their meeting. Abraham states that Sarah, his wife, is really his sister, leading Abimelech to try to take Sarah as a wife; however, God intervened before Abimelech touched Sarah. Abimelech complains to Abraham, who states that Sarah is actually his half sister and wife. So my question is why will Abraham lie again that Sarah was his sister?
I've already told you guilty conscience, ego and because he badly needed to save face with Abimelech. I also asked, if you at all, read Genesis 11:31

The apple doesnt fall far from the tree, Isaac repeated this unexpected lying family trait about his wife too. Strange isnt that TVSA, all these passing off wives as their sisters?

TVSA:
that Terah refer to Sarah as daughter in law doesn't mean she's not his daughter. Abraham said Sarah wasn't from his mother, so Sarah could have been a bastard in the family.
I literally laughed out loud at this your comment. TVSA you no dey carry last. You try sha. Sarah could have been a bastard in the family, indeed.

1 Like

Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by orisa37: 10:51am On Mar 31, 2019
Deuteronomy 27:22 makes it Law and Conventions of God and Man, so thanks.
Incest is a Tower of Babel being built until it is stopped and scattered by The Supreme Spirit Himself. God's Pleasures must be served.
Incest must be controlled like an Anti-smoking Law of a Society. Controlling it, is doing The Will of God on Earth.
Incest is a self controllable Drunkingness.
In all, The Will and The Pleasures of God are involved and must be served.
Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by TVSA: 3:47pm On Mar 31, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Yup, just as I earlier said that they werent generally a hospitable lot

Ah ha, now tell please, what were the detestable things they did?

"But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly."
- Genesis 13:13

Lot was angry for not realising the grass is actually always greener on the other side, just because of the bullshit beneath and crap on the land. TVSA, remember that Lot earlier, had lifted up his eyes, and saw all the plain of the Jordan, that it was well-watered everywhere, like the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as you go to Zoar and so picked the area, this obviously was before God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah.

Now tell me TVSA, is it hospitable people that will force themselves on visitors or guests and to make matters worse, do it without their consent or permission, huh?

If I dont know you TVSA, I would have accused you of being haughty just like Sodom and Gomorrah were, but I know you arent. Please stop cherry picking TVSA, because the truth is that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed for a plethora of sins, like adultery and walking in falsehood for example. Everything I type I've so far typed about Sodom and Gomorrah, is documented and backed up by the bible

You're coming across as being overly more interested in the sexual immorality than be fazed or bothered about Sodom and Gomorrah's adultery and walking in falsehood, being haughty, arrogant, overfed, greedy, unconcerned and not taking care of the poor and needy

Now TVSA, Peter and Jude were not explaining that the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah was sexuality immorality. What they were talking about are those teaching that angels had sexual union with human beings. For crying out loud, Peter and Jude are decrying false teachers and their heresies. Their letters have nothing to do with sexual immorality(ies), but were all about refuting the book of Enoch and with loads of hypothetical "if"s

I am ecstatically happy you brought this up because it points to you knowing your onions and one or two things about the "sodomites", especially when and where you made it less confusing and more understandable by using the phrase "male cult prostitutes" I am quite sure, you likely already know about the mistranslations and lies perpetrated over the passage of time with "sodomites" too. I am equally sure, you know what exactly God found detestable and/or to be an abomination to Him with this Sodomite hanky-panky sexual misbehaviour.

I've already told you guilty conscience, ego and because he badly needed to save face with Abimelech. I also asked, if you at all, read Genesis 11:31

The apple doesnt fall far from the tree, Isaac repeated this unexpected lying family trait about his wife too. Strange isnt that TVSA, all these passing off wives as their sisters?

I literally laughed out loud at this your comment. TVSA you no dey carry last. You try sha. Sarah could have been a bastard in the family, indeed.

shocked shocked

you got me when you said Jude didn't say Sodom and Gomorrah were involved in sexual immorality aND perversion. Except if sexual immorality and perversion means something other than "sexual immorality and perversion ". Jude started by warning against men who take the grace of God for granted and became lascivious and he compared it to the deeds of Sodom and Gomorrah that led God to destroy them. But it seems you have a better understanding of the subject than Jude.

And talking about Abraham. You compared him to Isaac. But it's quite different. Isaac never repeated being Rebecca's brother after he had been "caught", there was no reason to "save" face when everything is out in the open. But it's quite different for Abraham. Abraham seems to insist that his sweetheart was indeed his sister. You said Abraham was "saving face" by lying that he married his sister, why didn't Isaac save face too? It seems from your explanation that Abraham was a messed up guy who kept lying and couldn't resist from it even when he's out of danger. And we couldn't differentiate between truth and lie from his statement. Pray, tell, what other things the Abraham lie about that you have a better understanding of?
Re: Is Incest Not Human Law And Convention? by MuttleyLaff: 3:41am On Apr 01, 2019
TVSA:
shocked shocked
Why are you gobsmacked my dear friend?

TVSA:
you got me when you said Jude didn't say Sodom and Gomorrah were involved in sexual immorality aND perversion. Except if sexual immorality and perversion means something other than "sexual immorality and perversion". Jude started by warning against men who take the grace of God for granted and became lascivious and he compared it to the deeds of Sodom and Gomorrah that led God to destroy them. But it seems you have a better understanding of the subject than Jude.
"1But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves
2Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
3In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness b to be held for judgment;
5if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
6if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
7and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless
8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)—
9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.
10This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh and despise authority.
"
- 2 Peter 2:1-10

You are running the risk of letting the tail wag the dog with your approach to these two letters, you're smart, objective and intelligient enough to see and know that the focal point of Jude and Peter's letters were about false prophets and teachers making false and malicious comments, and so refuting the pseudepigraphal book of Enoch (i.e. the 1 Enoch book, referred to as the "Ethiopian Enoch" book) and refuting it with loads of hypothetical "if"s, about "sleeping with angels, sexual immorality and perversion in Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them" and at the end of them with "... if this is so, then..." concluding comment

Peter warned but Jude, the most neglected book in the bible, maybe, because its only 25 verses, repeated Peter at Jude 1:4, in saying that, what Peter warned about was now there with them and then now happening.

Are you aware TVSA, that the Book of Jude was rejected from the Canon of the Bible for a number of years? It wasnt until the 4th century that it was accepted as kosher, yet it still isn't understood at all but only travestied. TVSA, you ought to give it a thought, think about it carefully, what prompted them, why were Peter and Jude quoting from this pseudepigraphal book of Enoch

TVSA:
And talking about Abraham. You compared him to Isaac. But it's quite different. Isaac never repeated being Rebecca's brother after he had been "caught", there was no reason to "save" face when everything is out in the open. But it's quite different for Abraham. Abraham seems to insist that his sweetheart was indeed his sister. You said Abraham was "saving face" by lying that he married his sister, why didn't Isaac save face too? It seems from your explanation that Abraham was a messed up guy who kept lying and couldn't resist from it even when he's out of danger. And we couldn't differentiate between truth and lie from his statement. Pray, tell, what other things the Abraham lie about that you have a better understanding of?
Please dont be getting personal with this. It is an observational and undeniable fact, that Isaac, when he found himself in similar circumstances, repeated the same lie like his father. I respect Abraham in leaps and bounds, he is just as human as each and/or any of us, so I hold nothing against him. I merely was only calling a spade a spade and not a fork. Pray, tell, do you find anything wrong in me saying and/or doing that?

Now, as per to dish the dirt, you trying so hard goading me to do and to spill the beans on Abraham, nah, no can do, suffice to say the God of glory appeared to Abraham while he was still in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran, Abraham hearkened, the rest is history and how we are having this discourse TVSA.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

mgffxcc / Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible / Eguavoen Reacts To Prophet Ayodele Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.