Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project (25551 Views)

OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker / Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / PDP Sends Delegates To DSS Over Arrest Of Senator Abaribe, Suswam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by jamezman(m): 8:41pm On Mar 30, 2019
Just watch out of what comes up in their country...

Others African countries always using Nigeria flaws to learn and avoid making silly mistakes...

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by Kingcesar: 8:41pm On Mar 30, 2019
Hahahahahhahahahaha. Mockery
Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by seguno2: 8:41pm On Mar 30, 2019
oluwatosink:
Things wey PDP thieves suppose to don do.. sad
For how many years wey dem rule this country. angry

PDP saints who revived the railways that Buhari and other military misfits killed
Do you know what you are talking about?

The article below exposes the rot in Nigeria Railways as at 2009 when Former President Yar Adua took the initial baby steps to revive the railways. Yar Adua was elected President in 2007.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by SmellingAnus(m): 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2019
Like him or hate him...
Ameachi is simply the best Minister under this Administration... He has his faults but he is still one of the most efficient...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by CoolAmbience(m): 8:43pm On Mar 30, 2019
Xisnin:
Ghanaian government must be clueless to have sent delegates
to come and inspect a Chinese-constructed rail line in Nigeria.

Who be this?

Mtcheww.
Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by kiyosaki1(m): 8:43pm On Mar 30, 2019
The same way the Malaysian came to understudy the palm oil plantations in nigeria,

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by ubox: 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2019
Ttipsy:
when will they revive the eastern railways. pH, Aba, calabar Enugu, Onitsha, or are we not part of Nigeria?
Hasn't pdp done those already?

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by seguno2: 8:46pm On Mar 30, 2019
SmellingAnus:
Like him or hate him...
Ameachi is simply the best Minister under this Administration... He has his faults but he is still one of the most efficient...

He is the best propagandist, maybe that is what you mean

nawtyme:

Previous Govts Initiated ‘Most Of The Things This Administration Is Doing’ – Adesina

A majority of the projects the Muhammadu Buhari administration is working on was inherited from previous administrations, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity has said.

Mr Femi Adesina said this when he appeared on Channels Television’s special Independence anniversary programme on Sunday.

“Most of the things this administration is doing – 60 to 70 percent of them – were initiated by previous governments,” he said.

“That shows you that in the past a government will come and say ‘this is not our project’ And it will discard what was being done and start fresh ones.”

As a result, Mr Adesina said there are many half and quarter-completed abandoned projects.
But rather than abandon the project, he explained that the current administration will complete it.

An example is the Abuja-Kaduna rail project which the Presidential aide said was up to maybe 60 to 70 percent complete when the last administration left.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/10/01/previous-govts-initiated-most-of-the-things-this-administration-is-doing-adesina/

1 Like

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by Rockyrascal(m): 8:48pm On Mar 30, 2019
muykem:
Buhari has restored Nigeria back to its lost glory. A man is not born for bread alone, we can not continue from hand to mouth as experienced during PDP government.
you no well cheesy
Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by seguno2: 8:48pm On Mar 30, 2019
ElsonMorali:
The unfortunate part is that by the time Ghana implements its own, not only will it be better than Nigeria's, but will most likely last longer due to proper maintenance.

Which Asian country came to take a few seeds of our palm kernel to cultivate on their own land and today, they are the largest exporter. Indonesia or Malaysia? Can't remember now.

Malaysia.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by seguno2: 8:53pm On Mar 30, 2019
computer0810:
Flat heads hate news like dis

I pity your incomplete education.
When will you complete it

chesterlee:
Nigeria’s high speed rail project initiated by President Goodluck Jonathan has been rated among the global top 100 world-
class infrastructure projects by KPMG.

The rail will connect Lagos, Kano, Kaduna,
Warri, Bauchi, Abuja, and Port Harcourt and
will cost the country $13 billion, much of
which will be financed with a loan from the
Export Import Bank of China.
The China Railway Construction Corporation
has secured the contract to build the 3,218-
kilometre network,
which will be digitally
operated using fibre-optic cables, radio
communication and wireless services.
The project is designed to cover 54
stations and will take 25 years to build.
In the report, The Infrastructure 100: World
Markets Report, the KPMG panel of judges
said the project “will remove heavy freight
from Nigeria’s stressed roads, could save the
country millions on road maintenance”.
Other African projects on the list are: Khi
Solar One (South Africa), Square Kilometer
Array (South Africa), PRASA Rolling Stock
(South Africa), Kudu Gas Field and CCGT
Project (Namibia),Trans-Saharan Natural Gas
Project (Nigeria to Algeria), Mombasa-Kigali
Railway (Rwanda), KivuWatt (Rwanda), Jinja
Bridge (Uganda), and Jomo Kenyatta
International Airport Terminal (Kenya).
In its note, KPMG said the report highlights
key trends driving infrastructure investment
around the world.
A global panel of industry experts identifies
100 of the world’s most innovative, impactful
infrastructure projects showing how
governments are coming together with the
private sector to overcome funding
constraints to finance and build projects that
can improve quality of life – both solving
immediate needs and planning for future
societal demands.
The report looks at infrastructure based on
the dynamics of four key markets: Mature
International Markets (like Canada, Australia,
and UK), Economic Powerhouses (including
the US and BRIC countries), Smaller
Established Markets (like Chile, Sweden, New
Zealand, Korea and South Africa), and
Emerging Markets (including a number of
economies in Africa).

Source: www.thecable.ng/kpmg-nigerias-high-speed-rail-world-class

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by beresponsible(m): 8:55pm On Mar 30, 2019
Xisnin:
iyamri loading.......
Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by greggng: 8:56pm On Mar 30, 2019
Ttipsy:
when will they revive the eastern railways. pH, Aba, calabar Enugu, Onitsha, or are we not part of Nigeria?

When my igbo brothers stop putting their eggs in one basket...

1 Like

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by Blackie46(m): 9:01pm On Mar 30, 2019
And we haven't sent delegates to Kenya to learn how they accomplished 24 hours electricity. cry
Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by femtex007(m): 9:02pm On Mar 30, 2019
ednut1:
future impossible tense
bro. I have faith in God. So my own Nigeria will be great

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by computer0810(m): 9:02pm On Mar 30, 2019
seguno2:

I pity your incomplete education.
When will you complete it

I have 2 different BSc and a master's....nw u know who needs to get proper education..GEJ project r on papers or do u have any effective rail GEJ left behind...u may want to mention d 1s completed and commission by PMB

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by Akingun1990: 9:06pm On Mar 30, 2019
Xisnin:
A nice point there at the bolded, I don't really know if we don't have indigenous engineering firm In this country, from Berger to RCC, now to Ccec or what a view.....
Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by seguno2: 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2019
computer0810:
I have 2 different BSc and a master's....nw u know who needs to get proper education..GEJ project r on papers or do u have any effective rail GEJ left behind...u may want to mention d 1s completed and commission by PMB

Education is not the same thing as certificates of attendance in schools.
Please note that difference.
Do you know more about the sector than Amaechi, the minister

bumi10:
Former Rivers State Governor and current Minister for Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi has praised the former Nigeria preident, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for his ability to complete more than 80% of his projects before leaving office.

According to Daily Post, the Minister of Transportation on Tuesday commended the immediate past administration of ex-President, Goodluck Jonathan for embarking on massive projects that have been beneficial to Nigerians.

Speaking at a Town Hall meeting in Abuja, the former Rivers State governor said his Ministry did not meet any comatose project on assumption of office. He said the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration continued the projects of the previous administration because “We realised the impact of the recession.’

Amaechi noted that the Kaduna-Abuja railway was nearly 80% completed by the Jonathan’s administration. He said, “In the ministry of transportation, we did not meet anything comatose. We met an attempt to bring back our rail services.

“The Kaduna-Abuja railway was nearly 80% completed which we commissioned and commercial services have commenced.’’

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/05/rotimi-amaechi-commends-ex-president.html
b3

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by touchmenot: 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2019
Ghana has just taken the worst decision of their nation building.
Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by Charly68: 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2019
computer0810:
.If d pain is too much for u to bear just make use of dis
. Don't mind the looters association..na one of them I think

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by dollytino4real(f): 9:13pm On Mar 30, 2019
SmellingAnus:
Like him or hate him...
guy
Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by celeiyke: 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Who says Nigeria is not the big brother in Africa despite all our flaws and mistakes, many countries still look up to us for inspiration and understudy our works.

The Ghanaian government on Friday joined the Honourable Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon Rotimi Amaechi to inspect and tour ongoing construction works on the $1.5bn Lagos-Ibadan rail project.

Speaking after the inspection, Ghana’s Minister for Railway Development, Mr Joe Ghartey explained that he is in Nigeria to understudy the Nigerian standard gauge rail project.

According to Mr Ghartey, who led a high powered team to Nigeria, “Nigeria has done very well as regards the standard gauge rail project, and we are taking what we have seen back home as a blueprint for the development of our own rail sector.”

Also speaking after the inspection, the Minister of Transportation Rotimi Amaechi assured Nigerians that the Lagos-Ibadan Rail project will be completed before the first week in May.

“We’ve inspected Dk 102, and the only place we are having challenges is kilometre 102, but CCECC have assured that by Monday 8th of April they must have completed the tracks.

“Also at kilometre 110 is where we are having soil challenges and that is what they are working on now. Another challenge is kilometre 116 which also has soil issue, but the geological survey has been done and they have discovered that there is a high water level in those place.

“So I am very impressed with the work done so far. Although they didn’t meet up with my expectations, but you will agree with me that they are humans and not a machine.

” But we expect them to do track laying to kilometre 95. They have done sub-laying to kilometre 98, so what they have not done is track laying and they said when I come for inspection in one week time, they will have done the track laying up to kilometre 98 and they will start laying the beam to cross the bridge at kilometre 98,” the Honourable Minister of Transportation stated.

Photos courtesy: Legit.NG

[img]https://4.bp..com/-efQn-DNNIPI/XJ-zSDQJbBI/AAAAAAAAZ0Y/SteHtV1c6Xod7BgHewx04KAfLyQ98bsowCLcBGAs/s1600/55593310_2413136902116526_8109747945408036864_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Sl1Cj4bGtAM/XJ-zStQ5cPI/AAAAAAAAZ0g/6KbkkJYhgHcwtEakNUrZEGZakJXOJfP2gCLcBGAs/s1600/55624186_2413136942116522_2791500039686455296_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-EdRutSWQ4Ug/XJ-zSrUi14I/AAAAAAAAZ0c/KnulgB8EwjgceZ-B5wmy1vrZCVoiZC8FACLcBGAs/s1600/55692989_2413136755449874_5273624814718812160_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-4yYY1CynqWA/XJ-zTfd2prI/AAAAAAAAZ0k/C15ki18yvysmU5Ge8CbjdcNBeL-6-7KWwCLcBGAs/s1600/55698589_2413136738783209_5147668026815938560_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-j1-ojo7WZqk/XJ-zUSd9VAI/AAAAAAAAZ0w/2RYH491YVX0JVoThYwTMDVA4ak8j-bE4QCLcBGAs/s1600/55869067_2413136962116520_1316842723914809344_n.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/03/ghana-government-sends-delegate-to.html

From a blog? This is fake news walahi.
Do u need to study a rail project. One day this government will come telling us the Tanzanian government sent a delegation to understudy the Onitsha River Port

1 Like

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by lastempero: 9:18pm On Mar 30, 2019
Una want go see the scam apc use scam us.
Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by REDDEVILS1(m): 9:18pm On Mar 30, 2019
They must be stupid. They should go and study that of Rwanda not this shithole am forced to call my country

1 Like

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by Topmaike007(m): 9:19pm On Mar 30, 2019
isram:
They came to mock the Chinese fake rail

Ghana won't make same mistake, watch out for Ghana rail
I don't know when we will value what we have

1 Like

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by computer0810(m): 9:21pm On Mar 30, 2019
seguno2:

Education is not the same thing as certificates of attendance in schools.
Please note that difference.
Do you know more about the sector than Amaechi, the minister

d difference is what makes us different...I cannot drag issue with u....whatever u say I agree pls
Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by Topmaike007(m): 9:22pm On Mar 30, 2019
celeiyke:

From a blog? This is fake news walahi.
Do u need to study a rail project. One day this government will come telling us the Tanzanian government sent a delegation to understudy the Onitsha River Port
he dey pain you that we're progressing

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by Ttipsy(f): 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2019
ednut1:
5%
5% but the most resourceful
Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by Creampro: 9:38pm On Mar 30, 2019
Amaechi and co...The same people that destroyed the existing train lines going from Kano to Port Harcourt, Lagos to Kano etc.

Why are they making Lagos to Ibadan a big deal?
Re: Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project by ednut1(m): 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2019
femtex007:
bro. I have faith in God. So my own Nigeria will be great
God blessed us with oil. Countries like dubai and saudi have used it to upgrade we didnt. Oil will soon cast. The chinese would take over this rail in future mark my words

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar: I Swear To Almighty God, I Will Restore Security In This Country / Army Court-Martials Major General For Stealing $1,476,200 / Naira: Tinubu Will Shock Currency Speculators – Tope Fasua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.