Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God (30360 Views)

Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven' / It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says / Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Acehart: 1:38pm On Apr 01, 2019
Awoo88:

Which Bible warn against shaving of beard. Abi u just won talk

Levi. 19:27⌄¶ “ ‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by desiredhome: 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
Femijohn198:
people hate the truth...

Mathew 15:11, Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
When you see some DL especially female members in their approved wear, yet their heart is very wicked.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Tfbaby(m): 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2019
Tfbaby:
Anybody with the scripture that states that your dressing won't let you enter the kingdom of God should please quote me

Is their no scripture that back this up?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2019
Righteousness89:
how is your Summation relevant to the issue?

My dear don't be stupid. It's till death do us part.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Tfbaby(m): 1:43pm On Apr 01, 2019
This the major problem of this Old Testament people 2Cor.3.14 - But the people's minds were hardened, and even to this day whenever the old covenant is being read, a veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth. And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ. [NLT]

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Acehart: 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2019
Awoo88:

Which Bible warn against shaving of beard. Abi u just won talk

Levi. 19:27⌄¶ “ Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Delite01(f): 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2019
Kindly read the whole chapter of Deu.22 especially verse 9-12.
I don't know why some Christians make emphasis on this particular verse and ignore other things considered as abomination in the whole chapter.
For example, verse 9 says “You shall not plant your vineyard with two kinds of seed, lest the whole crop be forfeited [under this ban], the seed which you have sown and the yield of the vineyard forfeited to the sanctuary ,” are we not planting 2 or even more kinds of crop/seed on the same farm land?

And for 1Timothy 2v9 that chapter of the Bible is only talking about modesty in our dressing and not condemnation.
May God give us better understanding and interpretation of His word.

HenryInno1:

What Kumuyi said is Biblical Read Deutronomy 22:5 1st Timothy 2:9

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Godwin5766(m): 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2019
spongeisback:
Kumuyi is a big hypocrite, see his shaved side beards didn’t the Bible warn against that? Am sure he eats crayfish.

This man has emassed so much wealth preying on gullible minds using his faux humility and false doctrines.
A man of God who is old enough to give birth to your dad.....idiot !
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 01, 2019
Tfbaby:

Now if you're conversant with the Bible you'll note that their is no specific difference between male/robes they are either dressed in Robe or Garments giving us the conclusion that the robe was a universal wear at that time just as the trouser is a universal wear presently.

Do you even know the origin of these clothes cos according to research skirts were meant for males you can google search even some British still maintain their stand till date while trousers were meant for females

The same Europe where they wed gays in the church?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by gizane(m): 1:47pm On Apr 01, 2019
HigherEd:
Well, it isn't religion that should determine what a man, woman wears or not. In Scotland men wear skirts, In certain parts of Nigeria men also wear wrappers. Let everyone wear whatever their cultures allow... Messages of the church on dressing should end at decency.

I know this sermon reference regards women wearing trousers and I completely disagree that trousers are men wears. There are certain trousers men can't even wear... Can a man wear leggings or bumshort?

Probably the bible was even referring to cross dressers like bobrisky and denrele who intentionally identify with the opposite sex, not the average woman you see wearing jean trousers.

Believers of today should focus on preaching Jesus and unveiling his grace not showing people how unworthy they are. If you like fulfill the law in entirety if you don't have Jesus hell is your case.

Lastly, nobody is an abomination unto God, we've been saved by grace and by the precious blood of Jesus. It is His blood that qualifies us not our futile deeds. Thank you.God bless u my dear, I don't know y people allow religious mindset becloud true spirituality. Jesus Christ in his days wore robes which were like gown isn't that women's wear?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Tfbaby(m): 1:49pm On Apr 01, 2019
MyphoneandI:

The same Europe where they wed gays in the church?

The same Europe that introduced Christianity to you
The same Europe that gave you bible to read
The same Europe that produced the phone/PC you're using to comment
The same Europe that made the clothe you're wearing
Cos now you're talking about them as if you don't benefit anything from them

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by SnakeDoctor011(m): 1:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
Tfbaby:

Bros, just leave them. They are bloody hypocrites. They believe they are much more better than the people that introduced the religion to us. Just like claiming Northern Muslims in Nigeria are better than Saudi Muslims.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
People don't like to hear the truth.

Even the English man says truth is bitter.

Do not wear that which belongeth to a man. People who say trouser doesn't belong to a man should please explain what the Bible is saying.

Pastor Kumuyi didn't say so but the Bible did.

A lot of you say you won't be judged for what you wear.
So why don't female lawyers wear bumshorts to court
Or female doctors wear bikini to the hospital
Or workers wear shorts and singlet to work.

If we on earth set such standard, how much more our father in heaven.

I was invited to a Christ embassy church, a lady wearing a micromini skirt, hair open, was leading the praise and worship and they were calling on God. And when I asked, the pastor supported her.

Listen to me this day, Christianity is not an easy thing. The standard of God can't be compromised. "by their fruits you shall know them".

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2019
Tfbaby:

I'm very sure Wole Soyinka's teachers don't have half as much knowledge as he does.

So because the Europeans brought me to God, I should ignore God and follow them when they go astray?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by dochenaj: 2:00pm On Apr 01, 2019
HigherEd:
Well, it isn't religion that should determine what a man, woman wears or not. In Scotland men wear skirts, In certain parts of Nigeria men also wear wrappers. Let everyone wear whatever their cultures allow... Messages of the church on dressing should end at decency.
I know this sermon reference regards women wearing trousers and I completely disagree that trousers are men wears. There are certain trousers men can't even wear... Can a man wear leggings or bumshort?
Probably the bible was even referring to cross dressers like bobrisky and denrele who intentionally identify with the opposite sex, not the average woman you see wearing jean trousers.
Believers of today should focus on preaching Jesus and unveiling his grace not showing people how unworthy they are. If you like fulfill the law in entirety if you don't have Jesus hell is your case.
Lastly, nobody is an abomination unto God, we've been saved by grace and by the precious blood of Jesus. It is His blood that qualifies us not our futile deeds. Thank you.
You did make some valid points especially on the cross dressing statement. That scripture does favour a condemnation of the effeminate than it does on women putting on trousers.
But however, for most women putting on trousers is borne out of some sensual drive which clearly shows how the flesh lusts against the spirit.
Finally, you were wrong when you say that no one can be an abomination before God. Every man or woman that has refused to accept Jesus and continues living a life of sin is living a life that is an abomination to God.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by plaetton: 2:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
Amagite:
The G.O of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor William Kumuyi, on Sunday said women who put on men’s wears are abomination unto God, reports.

According to the outlet, Kumuyi, who was preaching on the topic: “The Inner and Outward Beauty of Kingdom Citizens,” said the Bible specifically warned that men should not put on women’s wear neither should women put on men’s wears.

He noted everybody would frown if a preacher come to the pulpit putting on a woman’s wear as people would think he was abnormal, adding that the society seemed to appreciate women putting on men’s wears than men putting on women’s wears.

He said the standard of God would never change even if the world would change, emphasising that God frowned at any woman wearing men’s wears or men putting on women’s wears.

According to him, some Christians felt inferior because they were not copying the standard of the world, while challenging such people to keep on obeying God’s word rather than the world.

Kumuyi stated that the outward beauty that the world seemed to appreciate bred pride and arrogance, saying that the inner beauty gotten through Salvation in Christ should be coveted by all as such would lead to heaven.

http://www.amagitesblog.com/2019/04/women-who-wear-mens-clothes-are-an-abomination-unto-god-pastor-kumuyi.html

These Yeye Charlatans and their schizophrenic yeye god. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Tfbaby(m): 2:05pm On Apr 01, 2019
MyphoneandI:

I'm very sure Wole Soyinka's teachers don't have half as much knowledge as he does.

So because the Europeans brought me to God, I should ignore God and follow them when they go astray?

You see you're just looking for a means to quote me out of context and it won't work don't derail this thread sir.
We are talking about how clothing will not make you enter the kingdom of God I've given you my opinion backed up with the Holy scripture what I expect you to do is to also give me your opinion backed up with the Holy scripture not derailing to another issue entirely.

So sir how is clothing going to determine who does/doesn't get to the kingdom of God?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by flamingREED(m): 2:06pm On Apr 01, 2019
HigherEd:
Well, it isn't religion that should determine what a man, woman wears or not. In Scotland men wear skirts, In certain parts of Nigeria men also wear wrappers, biblical Jews wear robes. Let everyone wear whatever their cultures allow... Messages of the church on dressing should end at decency.

I know this sermon reference regards women wearing trousers and I completely disagree that trousers are men wears. There are certain trousers men can't even wear... Can a man wear leggings or bumshort? By the way trousers is not even an invention of the Church therefore we can't determine who can wear it or not.

Probably the bible reference was even referring to cross dressers like bobrisky and denrele who intentionally identify with the opposite sex, not the average woman you see wearing jean trousers.

Lastly, nobody is an abomination unto God, we've been saved by grace and by the precious blood of Jesus. It is His blood that qualifies us not our futile deeds. Thank you.

Nobody is an abomination to God?
Well, the smallest syllable in the Bible is worthier than anything you have to say.

Here's the real last, the last book of the Bible, saying otherwise:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and THE ABOMINABLE, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Revelation:21:8

REPENT.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Dickson44: 2:06pm On Apr 01, 2019
What a surprise it will be when we all die and find out that heaven or hell is nowhere to be found.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Austinleo: 2:07pm On Apr 01, 2019
Totally agree with you. I'd believe specific trousers are made for women. I don't expect men to wear those and, some wrappers are made for men (Eastern People for example). Our pastors needs to stop messing around with our people by their own selfish standard because they want to sound different and be seen as special or seen as one who understands the bible more.
This are ways to confuse people and i feel bad for a lot of our people too.

HigherEd:
Well, it isn't religion that should determine what a man, woman wears or not. In Scotland men wear skirts, In certain parts of Nigeria men also wear wrappers, biblical Jews wear robes. Let everyone wear whatever their cultures allow... Messages of the church on dressing should end at decency.

I know this sermon reference regards women wearing trousers and I completely disagree that trousers are men wears. There are certain trousers men can't even wear... Can a man wear leggings or bumshort? By the way trousers is not even an invention of the Church therefore we can't determine who can wear it or not.

Probably the bible reference was even referring to cross dressers like bobrisky and denrele who intentionally identify with the opposite sex, not the average woman you see wearing jean trousers.

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by derecho(m): 2:08pm On Apr 01, 2019
I doubt skirt is the male outfit in Scotland bro.But even if skirt is the male outfit, if a woman wears it IN Scotland then she's wearing a man's wear in Scotland.
In as much as every culture have their dressing,
there is a Christian culture which is about moderation and righteousness. Our righteousness should exceed that of the Pharisees.. For example, a Christian lady can't afford to dress in a way that even an unbeliever would question the difference between her and his girlfriend.
Concerning bumshorts and leggings, the designers have a purpose for that fashion just like Mary Quant who designed miniskirt.
My point,
The world has its fashion and its goal.As Christians,we don't conform to the world's drive towards seduction.
My brother, even in professions like the military and engineering where ladies may need to wear trousers, their outfits aren't like leggings.

Let's be careful not to use our liberty just for our fleshly lusts. Galatians 5:13

HigherEd:

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 01, 2019
Tfbaby:

You see you're just looking for a means to quote me out of context and it won't work don't derail this thread sir.
We are talking about how clothing will not make you enter the kingdom of God I've given you my opinion backed up with the Holy scripture what I expect you to do is to also give me your opinion backed up with the Holy scripture not derailing to another issue entirely.

So sir how is clothing going to determine who does/doesn't get to the kingdom of God?

First you bring bullshit, then you play victim.

I leave you to your ignorance or refusal to learn.

When you die, ask God.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by HigherEd: 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2019
flamingREED:

Nobody is an abomination to God?
Well, the smallest syllable in the Bible is worthier than anything you have to say.

Here's the real last, the last book of the Bible, saying otherwise:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and THE ABOMINABLE, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Revelation:21:8

REPENT.
"But the fearful and UNBELIEVING". Unbelieving as regards non christians.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Tfbaby(m): 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2019
MyphoneandI:

First you bring bullshit, then you play victim.

I leave you to your ignorance or refusal to learn.

When you die, ask God.

Why are you beating round the bush you can as well reply by saying you don't know no one will scold you for been truthful
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by efonat(m): 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2019
But its what's in your inward man that comes out. If u re pure in heart, it will show in your dressing. So stop justifying evil. Bible say should we continue in sin because the grace abounds? Complete the rest. That Jesus paid the ultimate is not a guarantee to live your life anyhow.
HigherEd:

Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by AbuAeesha: 2:25pm On Apr 01, 2019
Torch1:
When God created man and woman did He also create specific clothes for each gender?
no but he gave them the intellect to identify and differentiate between make/female clothing .
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by dazzlingd(m): 2:25pm On Apr 01, 2019
Foolish man, you are an abomination to common sense.....yeye dog of man
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Tfbaby(m): 2:27pm On Apr 01, 2019
efonat:
But its what's in your inward man that comes out. If u re pure in heart, it will show in your dressing. So stop justifying evil. Bible say should we continue in sin because the grace abounds? Complete the rest. That Jesus paid the ultimate is not a guarantee to live your life anyhow.

I have no idea and I really want to know, how can one sin through their dressing?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by PrincewithGod(m): 2:27pm On Apr 01, 2019
martineverest:
who determines men or women's clothing?
Deuteronomy 22 : 5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for ALL that do so are ABOMINATION unto the LORD thy God.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 01, 2019
stephleena:

That wasn't necessary..Ibori special adviser to devil on theft affairs

Best answer o...thanks
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by mechanics(m): 2:38pm On Apr 01, 2019
Shibaraba:
We dont need a man of God to tell us...isn't it obvious?
We need men of God to tell us the truth, remember repetition is for emphasis.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God by mechanics(m): 2:39pm On Apr 01, 2019
That's right Pastor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gabola Church: Members Baptized With Beer In South African Church (Photos) / Apostle Suleman Gives His Church Member N500k & Brand New Nissan Jeep(pics) / Musa Dikwa Apologises To Oritsejafor & Oyedepo Over N7 Billion Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.