Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People (9509 Views)

Inside Ilu Aje, A Ghost Village In Oyo, Where Money Has No Value. / What Ooni Said In An Interview About Igbo During Aje Festival / Olubadan Saliu Aje-Ogunguniso Visits Tinubu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by IamJames: 9:08am On Apr 03, 2019
immhotep:

Deomelo will not like this

PointB:
Did he just say Igbos are from the lineage of Obatala? shocked shocked shocked

At 2:21

Exactly.

Here's another truth they don't want anyone to know. Obatala who's revered as the head of all Orishas or gods in Yoruba land is actually the father of the Igbo nation. Read this

Now, at Yoruba Center in Havana of Cuba Prof. Acholonu had this to state:

“I saw among the Yoruba pantheon of gods at the center, the statue of a god named Obatala whose inscription/explanation read: Father of the Igbo nation, Master of all divinities, Creator of man in various forms, Gentle Lord of the Pure White”! Continuing, Acholonu said that “this was a great puzzle to her”; that the Father of the Igbo nation was revered among the Yoruba not just as a god, but that he was seen as the master and head of all known Yoruba divinities and as The Creator of Man. Acholonu confirmed in the treatise that the Yoruba Center was set up under the guidance and approval of Prof. Wande Abimbola, the well known Yoruba authority on Ifa.”

http://chatafrik.com/articles/nigerian-affairs/the-origin-and-meaning-of-the-word-igbo-a-response-to-ozodi-osujis-dilemma#.XIt4lkQo80M

Cc: kayfra FOLYKAZE MetaPhysical
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by OgboAto: 9:20am On Apr 03, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

These are Ugbos people under the rulership of Olugbo. Ugbo is not same as Igbo. Ooni was particularly referring to Ugbo who were supporters of Obatala who fought against kingship of Oduduwa. Ugbo people raided Ife and cause too many tensed atmosphere unti[b]l Moremi from Offa, a relative of Oduduwa (through marriage with Oranmiyan)[/b] came into the picture and exposes Ugbo secret to Ife people which ended the crisis.

This is why Ife people see Moremi as Hero and Ooni built a stature to honor her. While Ugbo people see her as betrayer and disloyal wife who exposed their secrets.

While Ugbo acknowledge they are Yoruba, they despise Ife for overthrowing Obatala and installing Oduduwa. Ooni is simply trying to appeal to them so that the long time enmity could end.

The supremacy also appears in Yoruba creation story where Obatala couldn't finish creation task because he was drunk, and Oduduwa took it up and finished it. Till date, Obatala adherent don't take alcohol because it became a taboo to them.

From the relationship stance with Obatala, Ooni is definitely referring to Ugbo of southern Ondo state, not Igbo of Eastern Nigeria.

Moremi was not from Offa. At the time she existed, Offa had not even been founded. She was from Yekere town in Ile-Ife. She was an Ife woman, as in Ife proper.
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by IamJames: 9:43am On Apr 03, 2019
kayfra:

It's like a rat biting you and blowing cool air on it to make it less painful. If you know squat about the Orisha Obatala (the creator of all humans) , you'll laugh out loud

He can say the same thing about Chinese or Aborigene folks. If you know, you know grin

It's obvious you don't even know about Obatala. Go learn more about the deity.
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by IamJames: 9:48am On Apr 03, 2019
PointB:

History of Southern Nigeria is not same for everyone.

Obatala is a Yoruba deity. There it begins; there it ends!

What's the literary meaning of Obatala in Yoruba and what does it mean in Igbo? Can you tell?
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by IamJames: 10:07am On Apr 03, 2019
wowcatty:
Useless Ooni, I knew something is wrong with this man but didn't think it's this bad. How can you say igbos are descendants of Obatala? I think the Ooni stool is cursed or it's his alcohol problem, same way his predecessor did werewere till his end. Thank God it's not Alaafin, the paramount king of Yorubaland that is saying this. The Orisa are punishing Yorubaland seriously for us to have people like this running anything other than a poultry farm. The Yoruba patriots have a lot of work to do and it must include an underground plan to disgrace people like this Ooni out of the shrine turned palace. This idiotic Ooni needs to have his resident barged into, have his cap removed and have some orisa statues lifted up to whack his dumb head and knock him out cold. He will surely be disgraced like his predecessor. Yoruba youths are responsible for this, when nothing happened to the other useless one from Iwo that call himself Oba Akanbi, I knew more bastards calling themselves Oba will publicly shame Yoruba.

And to the igbo amaka-kwenu parade, I hope you also believe him when he said that the original garden of eden is in Ile ife and all mankind were created and came out of iIe Ife.This might actually have nothing to do with your igbo but the Yoruba Ugbo, but since the drunken Ooni wants to drag Yoruba on the ground, he made it into frenzy,

Have you given it a thought that you could be the ignorant one here with zero knowledge on this subject matter?
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 03, 2019
IamJames:

Have you given it a thought that you could be the ignorant one here with zero knowledge on this subject matter?
Wowcatty just wants to embrace hatred and abandon his reasoning process grin

Cc lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by IamJames: 10:15am On Apr 03, 2019
Shayetet13:

Bros, take it easy o. You are pushing yourself too hard on the hatred path. Dont go and kill yourself. It takes a courageous monarch from Yorubaland to say those good things about the Igbos. He said the truth though. Everyone knows, except those who dont want to know, that the Igbos have key to prosperity. Even the white people are currently studying their appenticeship system. Leave the Obatala and jews coming out of Igbos aspect, which is prone to debate, but everything else is true

The Obatala link to the Igbos isn't just coming from the Ooni or something he made up. There's a Yoruba center in Cuba which has the Statue of Obatala with an inscription which says "Father of the Igbo nation, Master of all divinities, Creator of man in various forms, Gentle Lord of the Pure White”
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by kayfra: 10:23am On Apr 03, 2019
IamJames:

It's obvious you don't even know about Obatala. Go learn more about the deity.

Lmao. You want me to teach you about Orisha Funfun?

grin

1 Like

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by wowcatty: 4:26am On Apr 04, 2019
Trying to sound human just doesn't fit you, when you renowned children of hate are still talking about hate, you must be have been canned in sardine.
immhotep:

Wowcatty just wants to embrace hatred and abandon his reasoning process grin

Cc lzaa
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by wowcatty: 4:30am On Apr 04, 2019
You have lost your mind.
IamJames:

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by Emekankwoka(m): 4:31am On Apr 04, 2019
xtgozie:
The most Powerful Royalty in the Yoruba lands, has described the Igbos as the custodians of prosperity in the world, even before the Jews.....

WATCH VIDEO
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=UZ8BA4l9oK0

We are still formidable....
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 04, 2019
wowcatty:
Trying to sound human just doesn't fit you, when you renowned children of hate are still talking about hate, you must be have been canned in sardine.
Receive sense

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by wowcatty: 4:52am On Apr 04, 2019
Oh my if this is true, I really owe the Ooni an apology. So sorry I was that pissed. I'm just so tired of these Ibos that I wish they disappear from our space, and would not hesitate to go after anyone I feel is egging them on no matter how well placed in the society the person is.
FOLYKAZE:

Dont mind that fool. I have activated ignore button on his mention.

That some people don't brag or make noise about relationship with Jew doesn't the belief is not outthere.

Ugbo people founded the first Yorubanized Christianity. C/S mount Zion has it headquarter in Igbonla (a town in Ugbo kingdom). And they practise Judaism, primarily mosaic Christianity. The church was founded by Oba Zion Lene who is a son of Ugbo land. They believe they are Jew. I know this because I was a member...snr cherubim. One funny thing is that they are Yoruba first because attaching with Jew.

Definitely Ooni is referring to Ugbo people and dont these Beast of no Nations.
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by Nobody: 4:54am On Apr 04, 2019
wowcatty:
Oh my if this is true, I really owe the Ooni an apology. So sorry I was that pissed. I'm just so tired of these Ibos that I wish they disappear from our space, and would not hesitate to go after anyone I feel is egging them on no matter how well placed in the society the person is.
Take heart

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by wowcatty: 5:19am On Apr 04, 2019
The man with one eye is still king in the land of the blind. And what will I be doing in igboland
when I'm not done touring places the locals are hospitable and not running away from? You igbos don'thave a single thing you pioneered. Yoruba had those i mentioned earlier and more. The first industrial estates, free education and healthcare. Yorubal are known all over the world for many first of its kind. We even own most of the words that come out of Africa, from Akata to Akara to Fufu. If not for the fact that Yoruba share a country with you, igbos will never be known anywhere except for crimes. We even have our own locally made clothes Aso oke which you don't have since you didn't start wearing clothes until the white man came as evident in the white man's circus clown socks you wear as hat. My friend, we are talking reality here, not the propaganda you do better than anyone.
Shayetet13:

You are strangely funny. So having first sky scrapper and tv station in Nigeria is an invention. Black soap is also an invention. You are strangely out of your depths. If you want to see invention, take a trip to the south east. Your hotel lodging and feeding will be on me for three days if you accept. You will have a dedicated hilux that will take you around if you so wish. If interested, send me a message. If you are angry about what the Oba said, what is stopping you from leading an assault on his palace to oust him?
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by wowcatty: 5:35am On Apr 04, 2019
Ode, always celebrating being with Yoruba man as great achievement when Yoruba see them as just another sex buddies (that's even if they are having sex at all, I just don't see those two having sex) Your albino is an arranged handler on the pay role of Fanikayode's drug dealer, better take that to the bank.
immhotep:

Take heart
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by Nobody: 5:52am On Apr 04, 2019
wowcatty:
Ode, always celebrating being with Yoruba man as great achievement when Yoruba see them as just another sex buddies (that's even if they are having sex at all, I just don't see those two having sex) Your albino is an arranged handler on the pay role of Fanikayode's drug dealer, better take that to the bank.
Don't develop high blood pressure, you hear grin grin
Igbo amaka.

cc lzaa husbandsnatcha

1 Like

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by Nobody: 6:12am On Apr 04, 2019
IamJames:

Gbam!
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by macof(m): 11:12am On Apr 04, 2019
IamJames:

The Obatala link to the Igbos isn't just coming from the Ooni or something he made up. There's a Yoruba center in Cuba which has the Statue of Obatala with an inscription which says "Father of the Igbo nation, Master of all divinities, Creator of man in various forms, Gentle Lord of the Pure White”

But seriously I don't understand how you guys can be so ignorant of your own history and have no records of events or migrations that you need yorubas to tell you your history
Personally I would have expected igbos not to take this seriously but being a people who claim to be jews also I guess it makes sense

Man, a nation without a known history, no heroes, nothing

1 Like

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by reality1010: 6:40pm On Apr 05, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
Our partnership with the church is working very well. We have imbued in our students that global competitiveness and a strong belief in themselves; which is very important. We have perfected what we call a “value-based education.” Umu akwukwo Anambra believe that nothing is impossible, absolutely nothing. And “Yes, We Can.” That’s our slogan. The belief that nothing is impossible. These are things we have taught them. We have taught them our shared values too; that they must be the best in all they do. Today we are excited that again Anambra State has done Nigeria proud. That in a competition that featured over 31 countries, we came back with the bronze medal,” Prof Omenugha enthused.https://etimes.com.ng/anambra-school-boys-win-bronze-at-world-tech-festival/
You r right.I v come across books written by Historians that tell about Igbo precolonial exploits and greatness.But d whiteman came and destroyed everytin.There s is great urgency 4 d Igbo ppl to go back to their indigenous ways of doing things before colonial era,and up their ingenuity and sophistications the more.They r d whiteman of Africa.The Benin ppl gave some greatness in them.It looks notin is there whereas they v alot 2 offer.The problem is that the leaders there dont assist d ppl esp those who v these potentials or create d enabling environment for them.Im always on d look for great tins frm there because their great grand father did great tins that marveled d whiteman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amaechi: Buhari Seeking Alternative Money For Rail Project / Governors Tighten Grip On APC Ahead Convention / Nnpc’s Unremitted Funds To Federation Account Are N4.9trn – RMAFC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.