Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Broken Hearted - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Broken Hearted (1186 Views)

Valentine Special For A Broken Hearted Female Romancelander. / Best Advice For The Broken Hearted / Those That Have Been Broken Hearted Before, Share Your Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Broken Hearted by Godfathern(m): 11:45am On Apr 28, 2007
[b]I had a very painful experience two years ago and I still feel hurt. I was in a relationship with a lady for eight year, both promised getting married, she was all I had and I loved her passionately, not that she was perfect, but I loved her. I met her when She was having just school cert and I was working. we both scaled through till she graduate and got a job, then I lost my job and things changed. in a note shell when I needed her most she broke up with me, I had no where to turn to, it was like my world have come to an end, I remembered that night, I saw her with her boy friend, they have been going out all along, I was just so much in love and believed in her that I did not not see it coming. but as God will have it three month after we broke up, haven done every thing to reconcile I left her and about that time I got a very good job. now she is married with a baby for that guy. but for me I find it very difficult to commit myself in any relationship, I just cant fall in love no matter how hard I try. each time I try, there seems to be smthing inside me that scares me frm getting deep with anyone. I dont know if it is fear, infact anytime a lady starts giving me noticeable attention, I just unconsciously starts avoiding her. and I still feel the pains I felt two yrs ago, what can I do?[/b]
Re: Broken Hearted by IBDat(m): 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2007
Omo as i dey read yo post i actually feel yo pain  cry. The first thing u need to do is get closure. Do you regularly see this girl around yo area? If it is in the case that yes there is an opportunity to see n talk to her, do it! The conversation doesn't necessarily have to be about yo relationship n what she did, but for you to understand the kind of person she is NOW and that it was her loss - as it is no longer an option. Sooner or later you will have to get into another relationship - as the only way you can move on, is to infact move on. Meet people, get into another relationship. It is going to a baby steps technique, but you 'll have to gradually learn to be able to put yo trust in another girl and this time be very cautious and protect yoslf (in essence, don't fall heads over hill - as i'm sure you don't want to end up in the same situation again). You're gonna have to grab the bull by the horns and hopefully you'll realise that not everyone is the same n or behaves in the same way - some people are actually deserving of being trusted. Life is full on new joyful n painful experiences, but everytime you get knocked down, the remedy is to get back on the ride!  smiley
Re: Broken Hearted by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 28, 2007
its quite tough,and i can feel u cox i have been in the same boat.but then 2yrs is a long time to nurse ur wounds,but u have the choice to let the anger eat up and stay feeling as though u are a victim,or u can move on from it.how long are u going to give dis girl free lodgings in ur head,by doing this there would be no room for anything or anyone else,i might be saying things u dont want to hear but as some1 who is being thru it,i think it wld u gud to reflect on these words.until u start to see this girl as the shallow,selfish and pathetic human being and not as the image she presented to u,that u fell in love with,that when ur healing process would begin.ur wounds dont hurt the girl who hurts u,they wld only hurt u,u will have to close the door urself before the next one opens fully, i hope for ursake u do that quickly enuf so u dont miss out on the luvly and trustworthy girls out there.the advice i have for u that is that u shld neve give ur control away like that again.be susceptible of girls who seems too perfect cox when sum1 seems too perfect they 've gat sumting to hide.lastly i wld conclude by saying that no one gets off scot-free,in one way or the other every deed and action is accountable for.if u tie ur self up in knots hating and drooling over dis woman,then there would be no room for new and goood things to come in to ur like.if u want tomove on u have to let it go and trust that its all part of a bigger picture that God has for us that we cant see.my dear u cant do it without God.like the guy above said i do hope to a closure to this episode in ur life and accept it as part of God's divine plan 4 u cox if this didn"t happen some thing worse could have.goodluck.
Re: Broken Hearted by rock2(m): 4:11pm On Apr 28, 2007
Sorry about the dissappointment but i think it is unrealistic for a lady to promise marriage in sec school and keep to it. Especially after going to the University and graduating. Shit happens. Dont punish yourself else u'll be losing twice. Try to meet other people, open up but dont expect much. Life goes on. Check yourself and try to figure out if its something you did wrong. Good luck
Re: Broken Hearted by toomuch3: 2:32am On Apr 29, 2007
My Brother,
I feel real tite. I hav been thru such stuff. But have u ever asked ursef ,if dis could have been a bad market God has taken off your life. It doesnt mean she s bad. she might not just make a good product in ur life. Move on man , be strong , Once u get over u can never be down again. ur instincts will sharp automatically , above do like me. Pray this prayer point. God let there a divine arrangement to meet btw me and my life partner say this prayer point every single day and watch miracle flowing. Dont under estimate the power of prayer, like i told i hav been thru dis b4, now am enjoying an excellent relationship. Gods sent one. Back to our talk, that she is married now does not mean u are backward or not progressing. U can meet with all u think time has taken off u. I wish u Good luck
Re: Broken Hearted by whobethis(m): 9:01am On Apr 29, 2007
@ poster

Don't worry, God sees everything. Believe that God would find you a better wife. This experience of yours, happened to a very close friend of mine. And it only happened to him just last year. So I could visualise your pain in the message you posted. I pray that God should bless you with a very good wife. Amen. One thing I would advise you is to forget about the girl and forgive her in your heart. I know this WOULD
Re: Broken Hearted by whobethis(m): 9:19am On Apr 29, 2007
@ poster

Don't worry, God sees everything. Believe that God would find you a better wife. This experience of yours, happened to a very close friend of mine. And it only happened to him just last year. So I could visualise your pain in the message you posted. I pray that God should bless you with a very good wife. Amen. One thing I would advise you is to forget about the girl and forgive her in your heart. I know this WOULD be hard, to forgive and forget but you have to. It may not be in God's plan for you to have this girl. God has a better, bigger and finer plan for you! AND I know the God I serve, that he would not forget you. May God heal your heart. AMen.
Re: Broken Hearted by hannydarl(f): 11:15pm On Apr 29, 2007
Its her loss.Dont flog yourself she is not even thinking of you i know its hard to forget believe me ive been there it took me time to get over it.You will fell used,stupid,daft for trusting soo much and worse of all the one you once loved will be parrading her new catch to make the i am tru with you point clear. Take heart talk to someone you can trust about how you feel.Remember that she is happy now dont let her pull down your spirit too.Tell yourself youv mourned enough now its time to be happy listen to music that will not remind you of romance so you dont flash back.make friends and spend time with them.If you can try to find out the bad things that has happened to her since she left you i.e if her guy beats her up, if he is a drunkard etc it may seem wicked but it does a lot of good when you feel God is paying her back.If nothing bad dont worry you are still in charge of your life.Write her name on a piece of tissue paper and all her negative part read them out throw it into the toilet and flush.Its good riddiance to bad rubbish.Then forget her for real and move on with life.
Re: Broken Hearted by tenor(m): 11:26pm On Apr 29, 2007
I've been in that boat before. How did i forget her? i put my mind in my work like i'd never done before.She would see me next time a better guy,more successful chap.She would have won if i continued sobbing wink.Have this mind set and you'll see positive results. Then i wont advice this but it won't be a bad idea.Explore other territories. I had sex like mad!But please play safe.And don't be in a rush to enter a relationship.
Re: Broken Hearted by Godfathern(m): 10:31am On May 01, 2007
I never knew I could find such encouragement like this, after reading through all ur replies, (I had to read over and over again) I feel as if a big weight was removed from my shoulders, I will try and forget her, but its nt easy cos I see her in my dreams.
Re: Broken Hearted by jgirl3: 10:59am On May 01, 2007
Yeah it won't be easy at all. These are the kinds of girls that allow us to be tagged as untrustworthy people. Not all girls are the same. You better thank your stars because everything happens for a reason. Perhaps if you had married her, the marriage would have ended bitterly or you might be in a loveless marriage. I feel your pain seriously and I know that there is someone better who would learn to keep you and treat you like you deserve to be. When that girl comes, all your talks of this pain would fade away and you won't even be able to compare this girl to your last one.
I'm not asking you to go out and trust every girl you meet, just give them the benefit of a doubt until proven guilty
Re: Broken Hearted by Godfathern(m): 1:34pm On May 01, 2007
j-Girl, u made a point. honestly its scary some how to start all over , but I will try.
Re: Broken Hearted by mekoyo(m): 2:00pm On May 01, 2007
It's really a sad story. But man, you just have to let go of those emotions. You can't turn back the hand of time. All you need do now is to concentrate, be focussed and pick up the pieces.
True is every where. BUt you can only find it if you follow your heart. Listen to your heart, Dont let your emotions stray you away. It would be very difficult to fall in love again but surely you will. Love is a feeling of the heart it is felt inside, you have to forget the past, forge ahead and i promise you will surely get to your heights.
Re: Broken Hearted by omoelele1(f): 12:38pm On May 02, 2007
My brother abeg make u no hurt urself b'cos of one fulish girl,put urself 2geder and start a new life,but this time arround u need 2 b extra careful.

(1) (Reply)

What's D Way To Ur Man's/woman's Heart! / How Will It Sound If A Guy Wants You, But No Plan For Long-term Relationship / She Miscalculated Or Was It Smartness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.