Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Eid Mubarak! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Eid Mubarak! (13282 Views)

Eid Mubarak!!! / Eid Mubarak / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid Mubarak! by mukina2: 1:21pm On Sep 09, 2010
Salaam Everyone.

As we have come to the end of Ramadan, for those of that fasted, those of us that could not fast for one reason or the other, May the blessings of Ramadan be upon us all and our families.Amin  smiley
Eid Mubarak to you and you and you and you!!!  kiss kiss kiss
Re: Eid Mubarak! by seal777(m): 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2010
Wish you same and muslims all over the world. AMIN
Re: Eid Mubarak! by azharuddin: 1:36pm On Sep 09, 2010
Eid Mubarak everyone,

[size=16pt]And DONT FORGET to give Zakat Al fitr before the Eid prayer. [/size] It is obligatory for every muslim.

[size=14pt]-1 Sa' (2.5kg) of any food stuff (rice, wheat) per each family member should be given. eg: 7.5kg of rice can be given on behalf of three member family.
- DONT FORGET to do niyat(intention) before giving the Zakat.
- You can start giving Fitr Zakat as soon as the sun sets today, but before tomorrows Eid prayer.
- Since this is Zakat, the recipeint should be a Muslim.
- It can be given to the needy and poor, To Zakat collectors, to recent converts.
[/size]

May Allah accept our Zakat and give us its benifits.
Ameen
Re: Eid Mubarak! by nyrol(m): 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2010
Alhamdulillah Rablihalamin! Eid Mubarak! may Allah accept our supplication as an act of ibadah. Remember to take different routes to and fro the eid praying ground, thats what the Prophet (saw) said.
Re: Eid Mubarak! by tolu001: 2:35pm On Sep 09, 2010
@OP Wish u the same
Re: Eid Mubarak! by Blueray: 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2010
Happy Eid Mubarak to all my muslim brothers and sisters. @ Azharuddin, could you please educate me on your statement that the recepient of Zakat should be muslims only shocked. I ask becaues I did not see restrictions on race, religion or whatever in Sura 2:177. It is a religion of peace and that peace is not only to those you know or love. And @ Nyrol, can you please give us the verse in which your advice on the routes to and fro the Eid praying ground that you creditted to the Prophet (SAW) is found undecided. Do have a blessed day as I await your responses for my enlightenment
Re: Eid Mubarak! by oluwabamis(m): 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2010
when is this festival actually, is it today or tomorrow because we were informed that its no longer today again, pls I need urther clarification
Re: Eid Mubarak! by misterh(m): 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2010
oluwabamis:

when is this festival actually, is it today or tomorrow because we were informed that its no longer today again, pls I need urther clarification
It's on Friday.
Re: Eid Mubarak! by ifyalways(f): 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2010
Eid Mubarak to Everyone especially,Lagosboy  kiss You are a Gem  kiss
@BlueRay,The Prophet '(SAW) left us with 3 things:
1. THE HOLLY QURAN
2. THE HADITH (HIS PERSONAL SAYINGS)
3. THE SUNNAH ( HIS EXEMPLARY WAY OF LIVING)
I think,not 100% sure tho that taking different routes to the prayer grounds during Ramadan falls into the 3rd category ie The Sunnah.
Reasons for that are:
1.THE LAND ON WHICH U TRAVELED TO THE EID WILL BEAR WITNESS FOR YOU ON THE DAY OF RECKONING, AND THE OTHER LAND (ROUTE) WILL DO SAME, THEREFORE YOUR WITNESSES ARE NUMEROUS.
2. TO EVADE THE PLOT OF THE KUFAR (NON-BELIEVERS) FROM ATTACKING THE MUSLIMEEN, ( THE BELIEVERS)
i stand to be corrected though  undecided
I dont agree with Azharuddin,i would give my Zakat to anyone in need/i feel like giving his religion notwithstanding.
Re: Eid Mubarak! by Yorubah(m): 4:20pm On Sep 09, 2010
Wishing all the Muslim folks happy Eid mubarak and God bless ya all. One love
Re: Eid Mubarak! by ALHAJIali(m): 4:22pm On Sep 09, 2010
Salam,Eid MUBARAK,to all our muslim brothers,ff are further notes on eid and Zakat fitr

`Eid

- Playing, recreation, and eating on the day of Eid:

These are permissible as long as they stay within the acceptable bounds of Islam. Anas said: When the Prophet, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, came to Madinah, they had two days for amusement. The Prophet, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, has exchanged these days for two better days: the day of breaking the fast and the day of sacrifice. (Related by An-Nasa'i and Ibn Hibban)

- Taking women and children to the prayer area:

The Prophet sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, used to take his wives and daughters to the two Eids. Umm Atiyah said: "We were ordered to go out with the single and menstruating women to the two Eids in order to witness the good and the supplications of the Muslims. The menstruating women though would stay away from the prayer area." (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

- Going to the prayer area:

The Prophet, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, used to go to the prayer area by walking. Jaber narrated: "On the days of Eid, the Prophet, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, would go to the prayer area by one route and come back by another route." (Related by al-Bukhari)

- Eating before going to the prayer area:

Since Eid al-Fitr is the day on which Muslims break their Ramadhan fast, it is preferable to eat before going to the Eid prayer. It is a Sunnah of the Prophet, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, to eat an odd number of dates before going to pray Salat al-Eid. Anas reported: "The Prophet, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, would not go out on the day of Eid al-Fitr without eating an odd number of dates."(Related by al-Bukhari.)

- Preparation for Eid prayer:

It is preferred to make Ghusl (take a bath), wear one's best clothes and, for men, to put perfume before going to Salat al-Eid. Ibn Al-Qayyim said: "The Prophet, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, used to wear his best clothes for the Eid prayers and he had clothes that he reserved for the two Eids and Jumu'ah."

- Making Takbeer:

Takbeer starts from the night of Eid's eve until the Imam comes out to start the prayer. Allah says (S2 A185): "You should complete the prescribed period and then you should glorify Allah (i.e., say Takbeer) for having guided you so that you may be grateful to Him." The form of takbeer is related by `Umar and Ibn Mas`ud: "Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, La illaha illallah. Allahu Akbar. Allahu Akbar wa lillahil-hamd."

- Congratulating each other:

It has been narrated that when the Prophet's companions met each other on the Eid day, they would say to each other: "May Allah accept from us and from you." (Related by Ahmad.)

Zakat Al Fitr

Zakat al Fitr is an obligatory charity on every Muslim at the end of the month of Ramadan. Ibn `Umar said: "The Prophet, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, enjoined the payment of one Sa'a of dates or one Sa'a of barley as Zakat al-Fitr on every Muslim, young and old, male and female, free and slave." (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

The purpose of Zakat al-Fitr is to purify the one who has fasted from any type of indecent act or speech he might have committed while fasting. It also helps the poor and the needy. Ibn Abbas said: "The Messenger of Allah, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, enjoined Zakat al-Fitr on the one who fasts to shield him from any indecent act or speech and for the purpose of providing food for the needy." (Related by Abu Dawud and Ibn Majah.)

The Amount of Zakat al-Fitr

As the first hadeeth indicated, the amount of Zakat al-Fitr is one Sa'a. Sa'a is a volume measure corresponding approximately to the volume of 5 lb of good wheat. The material of the Zakat can be either dates, barley, wheat, rice, corn or similar items considered as basic foods. Abu Saeed said: "We used to give for Zakat al-Fitr on behalf of every child, aged person, free man or slave during the lifetime of the Messenger of Allah, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, one Sa'a of food, or one Sa'a of dried yogurt, or one Sa'a of barley, or one Sa'a of dates, or one Sa'a of raisins." (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

The Time for Zakat al-Fitr

Zakat al-Fitr has to be paid by the end of Ramadhan. There are two times to pay Zakat al-Fitr. Either one or two days before Eid as 'Umar used to do, or the day of Eid before the Eid prayer. Ibn `Umar reported that the Prophet, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, ordered them to pay Zakat al-Fitr before they go out to perform the Eid prayer. If Zakat al-Fitr is paid after the Eid prayer, it will only be considered as regular charity. The Prophet, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, said: "If one pays Zakat al-Fitr before the Salat, it is considered an accepted Zakat, if he pays it after the Salat, it is considered an ordinary charity." (Related by Abu Dawud.)

Zakat al-Fitr is to be given to the same eight categories or people as in the other types of Zakat. Some scholars say that the poor and the needy are the most deserving ones since the Prophet, sallaallahu `alayhe wa sallam, said that it had ", the purpose of providing food for the needy.
ALLAH BE WITH US ALL NOW AND FOREVER,SALAM ALAIKUM
Re: Eid Mubarak! by ALHAJIali(m): 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2010
brothers and sister in islam,pls see this work from Sister Dr Amina Philips Bilal,its very good too on this topic;

[b]Zakaah al-Fitr
Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips

1. MEANING

Zakaah al-Fitr is often referred to as Sadaqah al-Fitr. The word Fitr means the same as Iftaar, breaking a fast and it comes from the same root word as Futoor which means breakfast. Thus, Islamically, Zakaah al-Fitr is the name given to charity which is distributed at the end of the fast of Ramadaan.

2. CLASSIFICATION

Sadaqah al-Fitr is a duty which is Waajib on every Muslim, whether male or female, minor or adult as long as he/she has the means to do so.

The proof that this form of charity is compulsory can be found in the Sunnah whereby Ibn `Umar reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu `alaihi wa sallam) made Zakaah al-Fitr compulsory on every slave, freeman, male, female, young and old among the Muslims; one Saa` of dried dates or one Saa` of barely. [collected by Bukhaaree - Arabic/English, vol. 2, p. 339, no. 579]

The head of the household may pay the required amount for the other members. Abu Sa'eed al-Khudree said, "On behalf of our young and old, free men and slaves, we used to take out during Allaah's Messenger's (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) lifetime one Saa` of grain, cheese or raisins". [collected by Muslim - English transl. vol. 2, p. 469, no. 2155]

3. SIGNIFICANCE

The significant role played by Zakaah in the circulation of wealth within the Islamic society is also played by the Sadaqah al-Fitr. However, in the case of Sadaqah al-Fitr, each individual is required to calculate how much charity is due from himself and his dependents and go into the community in order to find those who deserve such charity. Thus, Sadaqah al-Fitr plays a very important role in the development of the bonds of community. The rich are obliged to come in direct contact with the poor, and the poor are put in contact with the extremely poor. This contact between the various levels of society helps to build real bonds of brotherhood and love within the Islamic community and trains those who have, to be generous to those who do not have.

4. PURPOSE

The main purpose of Zakaah al-Fitr is to provide those who fasted with the means of making up for their errors during the month of fasting. Zakaah al-Fitr also provides the poor with a means with which they can celebrate the festival of breaking the fast (`Eed al-Fitr) along with the rest of the Muslims.

Ibn Abbaas reported, "The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) made Zakaah al-Fitr compulsory so that those who fasted may be purified of their idle deeds and shameful talk (committed during Ramadaan) and so that the poor may be fed. Whoever gives it before Salaah will have it accepted as Zakaah, while he who gives it after the Salaah has given Sadaqah." [collected by Abu Dawood - Eng. transl. vol. 2, p. 421, no. 1605 - rated Saheeh by Shaikh Naser Al-Albanee]

Hence, the goal of Sadaqah al-Fitr is the spiritual development of the Believers. By making them give up some of their wealth, the believers are taught the higher moral characteristics of generosity, compassion (sympathy for the unfortunate), gratitude to God and the righteousness. But, since Islaam does not neglect man's material need, part of the goal of Zakaah al-Fitr is the economic well-being of the poorer members of society.

5. CONDITIONS

Zakaah al-Fitr is only Waajib for a particular period of time. If one misses the time period without a good reason, he has sinned and can not make it up. This form of charity becomes obligatory from sunset on the last day of fasting and remains obligatory until the beginning of Salaah al-'Eed' (i.e. shortly after sunrise on the following day). However, it can be paid prior to the above mentioned period, as many of the Sahaabah (companions of the Prophet(sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) ) used to pay Sadaqah al-Fitr a couple days before the `Eed.

Naafi reported that the Prophet's companion Ibn `Umar used to give it to those who would accept it and the people used to give it a day or two before the `Eed. [collected by al-Bukhaaree - Arabic/English, Vol. 2, p.339, no. 579]

Ibn `Umar reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) order that it (Zakaah al-Fitr) be given before people go to make the Salaah (al-'Eed).

And Ibn `Abbaas reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "Whoever gives it before the Salaah will have it accepted as Zakaah, while he who gives it after the Salaah (will not, for it will only be considered as) ordinary charity. Therefore, one who forgets to pay this Zakaah al-Fitr on time should do so as soon as possible even though it will not be counted as Zakaah al-Fitr.

6. RATE

The amount of Zakaah is the same for everyone regardless of their different income brackets. The minimum amount is one Saa` (two handfuls ) of food, grain or dried fruit for each member of the family. This calculation is based on Ibn `Umar's report that the Prophet(sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) made Zakaah al-Fitr compulsory and payable by a Saa` of dried dates or a Saa` of barley.

The Sahaabee, Abu Sa`eed al-Khudree said, "In the Prophet's time, we used to give it (Zakaah al-Fitr) as a Saa` of food, dried dates, barley, raisins or dried cheese". [collected by al-Bukhaaree - Arabic/English vol. 2, p. 340, no. 582]
Re: Eid Mubarak! by tunyus(m): 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2010
happy eid il fitri to my fellow muslim nairalander,it was a wonderfull experience,hope it neva come to and end.I pray may Allah spear our life to witness many more on earth
Re: Eid Mubarak! by azharuddin: 5:47pm On Sep 09, 2010
Blueray:

@ Azharuddin, could you please educate me on your statement that the recepient of Zakat should be muslims only  shocked.  I ask becaues I did not see restrictions on race, religion or whatever in Sura 2:177.  It is a religion of peace and that peace is not only to those you know or love.   

ifyalways:

I dont agree with Azharuddin,i would give my Zakat to anyone in need/i feel like giving his religion notwithstanding.

Assalamualikum,
                         Sorry for the confusion brothers. There is a difference in opinion between scholar in this topic. I posted the earlier statement and i meant:

-Only a Muslim is entitled to receive Zakat(obligatory charity). 

BUT

-Sadaqa (voluntary charity)  can be given to non-Muslims also. In fact, it is not good to discriminate, while giving general charity, between a Muslim and a non-Muslim. The latter should never be deprived of help because he is not a Muslim.

The basis of first statement is according to the definition of Zakat as given in a Hadith, is :
" It will be taken from the wealthy among you and distributed to the poor among you." [Bukhari, Muslim]
Hadith commentators like Ibn al-Mundhir, Kasani, Ibn Qudama, Buhuti, are of the opinion that "poor among you" refers to Muslims only.

There is difference of opinion regarding this point, however between scholars.

The above is not my personal opinion, am not a scholar.

But to be on the safer side I personally give Zakat to Muslims and Sadaqa to everyone. (Since Zakat is an obligatory Ibadah i dont want to jeopardize it).

May Allah accept our Zakat and Sadaqa,
Ya Allah accept all our Ibadah we did in the past month of Ramadan,
Ya Rahmaan , Ya Raheem forgive our sins and save us from committing more,
May Allah include all of us in Heaven in Hereafter,
Ameen!
Re: Eid Mubarak! by deols(f): 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2010
EID MUBARAK.
Let us not celebrate with the forbidden things(haram) and let us try as much as possible to keep up wv the good deeds of ramadan. I pray Allah accepts our ramadan, c us through the rest of the year and help us become better muslims
Re: Eid Mubarak! by nyrol(m): 7:08pm On Sep 09, 2010
@ Blueray this is an authentic sunnah of the Prophet (saw) am saying it with all authority here. May Allah reward you abundantly amin.
Re: Eid Mubarak! by Remii(m): 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2010
Eld Mubarak, brothers and sisters, may Allah accept our fasting and others actions as acts of ibadah. May we witness many more Ramadan in good health and faith Amin.

@ifyalways, Zakat Filtri mainly to ensure that all Muslims have happy celeberations during Eld Filtri I would advise that you look for Muslim that may not have enough to celeberate, if you can not find one, you may give your Imam, since he should know the poor among the congregation, mosque committee should also have arrangement on how to distribute Zakat ul Fitri.
Re: Eid Mubarak! by princepee: 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2010
and if boko is haram. u guys have no reason to be on the net.
Re: Eid Mubarak! by olorikan(f): 8:29pm On Sep 09, 2010
All praises and adorations be to Almighty Allah (SWT) who made us to witness this year's Ramadan. May we witness more in this life. Eid Mubarak!!!,
Re: Eid Mubarak! by RichyBlacK(m): 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2010
May God bless the peaceful.
Re: Eid Mubarak! by Okwyjesus(m): 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2010
Repent and be saved.
Re: Eid Mubarak! by ayinba1(f): 9:53pm On Sep 09, 2010
^^
Go tell that to your fellow congregation.

We just completed Ramadan, We are blessed, but then you have absolutely no clue what Ramadan does for one now, do you.

To my brothers and sisters in Islam, Happy Eid to you all!
Re: Eid Mubarak! by GlobalD2: 10:31pm On Sep 09, 2010
May the auspious occasion of Eid bring joy and peace to each and every one's heart and home, Eid Mubarak!
Re: Eid Mubarak! by Ormania(m): 10:44pm On Sep 09, 2010
HAPPY Eid to all MUSLIMS!

May we all be there for next years RAMADAN with great health, happiness and wealth.

God bless you all.
Re: Eid Mubarak! by hornclob(m): 11:07pm On Sep 09, 2010
okwejesus and princepee should learn how to respect other people's beliefs. Disrespect to people's values and beliefs is major cause of crises all over the world. Muslims do not toy with the sanctity of their beliefs and attempts to protect their belief bring about different names journalists label them.

To all muslims brothers and sisters, happy Eid Mubarak.
Re: Eid Mubarak! by DisGuy: 12:12am On Sep 10, 2010
Happy Eid Mubarak to ye fellow muslims cool
Re: Eid Mubarak! by dinggle: 12:27am On Sep 10, 2010
Happy Eid Mubarak to MUSLIMS worldwide! hopefully this will serve as a reminder to the Farouk like extremist that you don't have to convert others from opposite religion by death, show us love and we might just follow y'all. If u blow us up how can we be converted to your religion True Muslim alike should not allow a few to tarnish the image of what is suppose to be the most peaceful religion on earth.
Re: Eid Mubarak! by bashydemy(m): 12:34am On Sep 10, 2010
I guess i dont have much to say than alhamdulilahi and glory to Almighty Allah for seeing be through Ramadan
Re: Eid Mubarak! by Blueray: 1:06am On Sep 10, 2010
@Azharuddin and @Nyrol thank you brothers for your response. And to all my muslim brothers and sisters contributing or reading this trend do not give a thought to some clowns who post useless comments to steal the joy of this divine and ordained celebrations . A deeper check will reveal that they are the real Kafri that needed repentance as they do not understand even the religion they claim to belong. A true believer of any faith respect and show love to followers of other religion(s). Only God is perfect and He will vindicate whoever He pleases weather you like it not. Am a christian and I cherish my interaction with muslim faithfuls from my formative years. May the Merciful Lord accept our obligations and forgive our sins, amen and amen, WASALAM
Re: Eid Mubarak! by Giyaz: 4:34am On Sep 10, 2010
Eid Mubarak to all my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters. May Allah give us the full reward for the fasting, continue to count us among the blessed ones and preserve us till next year Ramadhan.

Please join me in saying Alhamdulilah for the GIFT of a beautiful baby girl during Ramadhan (Ramadhan 26th to be precise). May Allah bestow her with Barakah, wisdom, knowledge and above all make her a shining light in the Deen.

I seize this opportunity to pray for those begging Allah for fruits of the womb that may He grant them their heart desires.

Maa Salam.
Re: Eid Mubarak! by Jarus(m): 6:56am On Sep 10, 2010
Eid mubarak to my brothers and sisters in Islam. May we witness many more on earth, and with sound health, under the banner of Islam.
Re: Eid Mubarak! by Lanrayy: 7:04am On Sep 10, 2010
Eid Mubarak To you all! May Almighty Allah make us witness many more of it alive. Ameen.

Asalam Alaikum.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islamic Quiz / What Islamic Scholars Said About Hell / Mermaids – Do They Exist Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.