Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,025 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . (1869 Views)

Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari / Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman / EXCLUSIVE-Jonathan,Muazu,Okonjo,FFK wooing Ribadu To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by MRMoneyE(m): 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2010
[b]Nuhu Ribadu will be presented as the presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) when the party holds its national convention next month. The Minority Whip of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbaja-Biamila, disclosed this last night in an exclusive interview with NEXT.

Mr Gbaja-Biamila said Mr Ribadu is the ideal choice for the party. "The party needs a courageous and bold individual who is determined to fight corruption, and all those qualities are in Ribadu," he said.

Mr Ribadu has been courted by several political parties since his return to the country three months ago and this may represent a major coup for the ACN.

Bola Tinubu, an influential member of the party, was seen as a potential obstacle because he was investigated by the EFCC during Mr Ribadu's stewardship. However, the two men made up publicly last month, during a book launch in Lagos.

According to Mr Gbaja-Biamila, Mr Tinubu is keen on an announcement being made immediately but the party has decided to unveil Mr Ribadu in October.[/b]

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5617170-146/story.csp

Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by MRMoneyE(m): 5:42pm On Sep 09, 2010
I think this is a right move in the right direction.though i have been a strong critic of Ribadu, but when you have two evils, u go for the lesser one.i see the north queing behind Ribadu if jonathan finally picks the PDP ticket.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Gbawe: 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2010
MR Money £:

I think this is a right move in the right direction.though i have been a strong critic of Ribadu, but when you have two evils, u go for the lesser one.i see the north queing behind Ribadu if jonathan finally picks the PDP ticket.

This is indeed the right move. Ribadu stands a good chance especially if Jonathan is the candidate of the PDP . My concern is that this should happen sooner rather than later. Anyone that wants to defeat the PDP needs a serious grassroot campaign that will see them sell their vision of a better Nigeria to Nigerians in person in as many States as possible. The PDP can afford to drag its feet because the shameless Party is planning to rig as usual with "operation totality" . Ribadu and the ACN would get many free campaigners , similar to how many mobilised support for Obama on ideological belief alone, if they take the initiative bravely.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2010
MR Money £:

I disagree. I believe Buhari would have been a better option, both for the Northern vote and for the south as well since majority still remember how much better the country was in during the Buhari-idiaghon regime.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by bawomolo(m): 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I disagree. I believe Buhari would have been a better option, both for the Northern vote and for the south as well since majority still remember how much better the country was in during the Buhari-idiaghon regime.

couldn't it be argued idiagbon was the bigger visionary in that regime?  can buhari rule without a strong sidekick?

well you could also argue buhari surrounds himself with the right people
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Sep 09, 2010
bawomolo:

couldn't it be argued idiagbon was the bigger visionary in that regime?  can buhari rule without a strong sidekick?

We can definitely argue that but Buhari was the LEAD in that team and he was a part of that team that people remember. I am not advocating that he will definitely do a great job but when we are considering the lesser of two evils here, I say Buhari is likely a better choice for ACN if they are looking to kicking PDP to the curb.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Beaf: 6:53pm On Sep 09, 2010
bawomolo:

couldn't it be argued idiagbon was the bigger visionary in that regime? can buhari rule without a strong sidekick?

Shortly after Buhari siezed power, he announced that he wanted to resign. Informed observer put the reason for this as, that he had accomplished his primary task, which was to destroy all documents and lock up everyone that could have increminated him in the theft of $2.8billion from the NNPC. Fela amongs a lot of other people was locked up at the time.

After that announcement, Idiagbon took over and Buhari was a mere figurehead. All the attributes of that regime are due only to Idiagbon.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Gbawe: 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Arguably , Buhari may seem the less risky choice but the ACN may be banking on the consideration that Nigerians may be ready for change and a new direction under new generation leaders , like Ribadu , who are not tainted negatively as part of the past we are eager to forget and leave behind. In the minds of some analysts Buhari may be stigmatised as a perennial loser.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Spyker: 7:27pm On Sep 09, 2010
This Politicians want to destroy Ribadu with hope of Presidential ticket. By next month, you all will be amazed to see that Ribadu will not be given the ticket. Moreover, why do people think that OBJ will not be in Power if either GJ or Ribadu wins. Whoever wins between these two men are all OBJ cronies and IMHO, Ribadu should distant himself from this move and opt for an International appointment that will keep him away from this country for now. Otherwise, he will be soaked with looted funds which they will use for his campaign.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by monkeyleg: 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2010
Let us wait and see. I think this has come too late though
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Eziachi: 7:48pm On Sep 09, 2010
Nobody, no one born of a woman will ever fix Nigeria as one nation, let alone rule it successfully. There is no gain saying that you cannot mend a broken egg and a cow can never fly.

One thing you can surely guaranteed about Nigeria is that, any new ruler will always be worse than the one he replaced. We all saw how useless RIBADU was during his tenure at EFCC, big talk and no action despite the unbelievable power and fund available to him, rather more interested in his own PR.

He became Obasanjo’s attack dog towards the end. He told us that the likes of Ngige, Tinubu, Odili etc were as bad as arotten egg and will be locked up once their regime is over, as usual nothing happened in the end and now he is swimming in the same water with some of them in politics.

Lopsided formation of Nigeria makes it impossible to govern, so whether you put Ribadu or Dalai Lama in charge of Nigeria but kept its evil structures, it will not work and will never work until, people face reality and do the right thing which is to give everyone the option to remain in Nigeria or go your separate way and let those that agree to remain sit down and discuss what they really want with an open eyes and brain .

Or at least towards the formation of confederate independent states, but keep Nigeria just for foreign relation as the worst case scenario.

Nigeria as one entity ruled from one source, will never work in a million years. You cannot continue to go in circle and apply the same method and expect a different result. That same stagnant method that had failed for 50 years.
When will Nigerians tell themselves the truth? The elite whether Igbo, Hausa etc will not do that as the preset Nigeria is the only source of bread and butter they knew
The worst crime in life, has to be someone lying to himself.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by TewMuch: 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2010
hmm, Game changer. Good card played by ACN. Jonathan has a lot of rigging work to do. shocked. This should be a very interesting election. At least the winner will compete and work hard for the votes. Now we are talking. Jonathan open your eyes and work hard so that people will remember you did something. Nuhu has a good reputation with the youth and he is young.hmm smiley
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by bkbabe97y(m): 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2010
Eziachi:

Nobody, no one born of a woman will ever fix Nigeria as one nation, let alone rule it successfully. There is no gain saying that you cannot mend a broken egg and a cow can never fly.

Naysayer! Old Piece of shiyyt! Prophet of Doom! Your country is coming of age and all u want to preach is a war that happened over 40yrs ago when u were in ur mid 30s ! Shouldnt you be preaching love and reconciliation? Youre on ur way to the grave, should u be so intent on taking others with u, u old fuxck?! Anew age is coming to Nigeria, and the black race and folks are looking forward to it. Go hide in ur attic or just keel over and u-know-what, u hate-mongering monkey!
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by bawomolo(m): 8:36pm On Sep 09, 2010
Beaf:

Shortly after Buhari siezed power, he announced that he wanted to resign. Informed observer put the reason for this as, that he had accomplished his primary task, which was to destroy all documents and lock up everyone that could have increminated him in the theft of $2.8billion from the NNPC. Fela amongs a lot of other people was locked up at the time.

After that announcement, Idiagbon took over and Buhari was a mere figurehead. All the attributes of that regime are due only to Idiagbon.

so Buhari embezzled money from NNPC? interesting.

i've wondered how much buhari was involved in policies like war against indiscipline.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Ibime(m): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2010
Bkbabe,

You better respect your elders. Don't you have some Espanol website to go browse. What a life.

Eziachi, spot on. Messiah concept is a flawed one. No single man can change Naija.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by MetalGong4: 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Naysayer! Old Piece of shiyyt! Prophet of Doom!

If there is anybody that should call intelligent seniors OLD Piece of Shiyyt, it shouldnt be you useless Hispanic hag . You slut should deal with ur pathetic life.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by sholasys: 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2010
ACN seems the alternative party with ideaology and progressive minded personalities. It is evidence looking at their present and previous public office holders. Howeve, they get confused and politically miscaculated when ever it comes to their presidential flag bearer. It is either they dont have a presidential candidate or present a politically valueless candidate, one that is not sellable and cannot win votes. If they realy want to win power from PDP, RIBADU is not the right candidate for now. There a great differrent between a leader, technocrat and a politician.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by jason12345: 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2010
Look people, it hurts me how some of people think. So ribadu is the cure for Nigeria when tinubu is with him embarassed
It is just a vicious circle
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Eziachi: 9:41pm On Sep 09, 2010
bawomolo:

i've wondered how much buhari was involved in policies like war against indiscipline.

I never really believed the NNPC/ Buhari corrupt thing. I think he is something very close to something in the semblance of honesty when you look at Nigeria from top to bottom, but as usual, in the world of image obsessed that we live today, he doesn’t have the charisma of rogues likes of Babangida and co.

The way himself and Idiagbon approached corruption fight will tell you that the guy may not has anything to hide. Because for anyone to fight corruption in a rotten environment like Nigeria, It has to be someone who is remotely interested in material wealth of any sort and that is why Buhari/Idiagbon made some little impact because, they are both very austerehumans.

But with human beings, you will never can tell and I will be very surprised if Buhari is found wanting on the integrity side, hence the owners of Nigeria has wrongly or rightly labelled him a fanatical Islamic zealot, while ironically, IBB was the one that took Nigeria into the IOC.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Sep 09, 2010
bawomolo:

Really where is the proof that the man embezzled money? where is the evidence? I think we need to remember where these same men ended after the coup. I know that Idiagbon was unable to even buy a house of his own and died poor. His wife struggled to fend for the family.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Beaf: 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2010
[size=14pt]ALL NIGERIAN COUP GENERALS WERE ROGUES AND GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI WAS NO EXCEPTION[/size]
NAIWU OSAHON 02/05/2010 09:31:00

This article, rearranged for special emphasis, was first published by me in my now rested Sun newspaper Nigeria weekly column of May 26, 2003 under the headline: ‘Has anyone ever seen Buhari laugh?’
All our military heads of state were largely insensitive, corrupt, almost illiterate, self-appointed tyrants who seized their stripes of honour (dishonour is probably more appropriate) through coups rather than the rigours of formal training, experience or war.  Each one of the military heads of state simply got up from bed one chosen morning, pistle on the hip, jackboots on the ready to besmear our constitution to loot our treasury to their hearts content.  Of course, they soon made up on the job for their lack of proper war or soldiering experience by detaining, tear gassing, shooting and bombing citizens protesting against their high-handedness and misrule.  Everyone of our coup Generals aspired to be the richest lazy fool in the world sitting like an over-fed baboon atop the tallest tree in our devastated and rotting vineyard, savouring their exploits amidst squalor, hunger and decaying corpses. General Muhammadu Buhari was one of such military heads of state.

Shagari’s regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari’s wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo’s era as military head of state that preceded Shagari’s.  Dr. Olusola Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the majority party leader of the Senate at the time and he headed the Senate Committee set up to trace the stolen money after some three years of clamour for such an investigation by members of the civil society.  The money was traced to the Midland Bank London branch fixed account of Obasanjo’s appointee as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company.  The Committee’s report was presented to the Senate during the tail end of Shagari’s regime in 1983, so the House decided to deal with the matter and expose the rogue military head of the NNPC soon after the 1983 general elections.
The attempt at civilian-to-civilian transition provided the fillip for mayhem at the time.  The elections were marred by massive rigging because incumbent political office holders were refusing to slacken their stranglehold on Nigeria Plc., mortgaged as the leaders private property.
[b]On the 31st December, 1983, Buhari struck under the cover of the political commotion that trailed the presidential election results. Buhari generally had no agenda for leadership but vendetta against those he called critics and rabble-rousers. Buhari did not see any moral wrong in his conversion of our oil money into his personal use.  Rather he railed at the press and what he described as the self-righteous sections of the country for making a big deal out of the issue. He locked up without trial, politicians and critics including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue.  Satire saved my neck at the time.  Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at a Midland Bank London branch.  Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.[/b]

Buhari’s ‘War Against Indiscipline’ was obviously a swathe to camouflage his moral decadence.  He did not see anything wrong with the over 50 suitcases an Emir smuggled through the Murtala International Airport without routine checks. And as a master of selective justice, he refused to convict Shagari, claiming not to find direct evidence against him but making a mountain out of a molehill on the indulgencies of Shagari’s lieutenants.  His regime’s masterstroke to divert attention from his moral ineptitude was exemplified by his crating of Umaru Dikko to airfreight back to Nigeria from London.

Despite his moral degeneracy and his high handedness and intolerance of dissent, his regime was not a total disaster. He maintained a vibrant foreign policy with Africa as its principal focus.  Nigeria was already a failed state economically when he seized government from Shagari.  We had a staggering foreign debt load of US$18 billion, so Buhari stopped all further borrowing, and in defiance of the IMF and World Bank, provided a homegrown alternative to the IMF’s SAP and pegged the exchange rate of the naira at one to the US$1.50. He stopped all further borrowing from abroad; instituted counter trade for essential or desperately needed commodities and put a ceiling (or an upper limit) on the amount of foreign exchange earnings to be used in servicing foreign debts.  After sorting out and rejecting all the dubious and unverifiable foreign debts in our portfolio, he paid off nearly 50% of the genuine debts by the end of his regime in 1985.  Even Britain was already scheming to enter into counter trade agreement with Nigeria when Babangida was sponsored in 1986 by the West to sack Buhari in a military coup that reversed our limited economic gains.

Not much is known about Buhari’s family background.  Not a great deal has been heard about his educational qualifications either.  As head of state, he was a recluse to the core.  At least, that was the image he portrayed.  His deputy, the late Gen. Idiagbon, was considered by most Nigerians to be the star of Buhari’s regime.  It is to Idiagbon that any credit due to that regime is generally attributed.  Idiagbon was the defacto head of state.  He was honest, upright, disciplined, and like Murtala Muhammed before him, he succeeded briefly in introducing order and sanity to our lives.

After consigning the vexatious matters that brought him to power, to administrative oblivion with the help of Shinkafi, his Secret Service guru, Buhari announced his readiness to quit office. Idiagbon, as Buhari’s lieutenant, naturally insisted on taking over as head of state from his apparently prematurely retiring boss.  Babangida, who was Chief of Army Staff at the time and a member of the Supreme Military Council, insisted it was his turn to rule because he had been involved in virtually every military coup up to that time.  The quarrel split the Supreme Military Council members almost equally behind the two principal combatants and eventually led to the overthrow of Buhari’s regime by Babangida.  America, Britain and the other leading western nations hailed Babangida’s coup and immediately sent emissaries to strategize with him.  President Reagan went out of his way to send him gifts including books such as Niccolo Machiavelli’s: the Prince, advocating the destruction of civil freedom to strengthen despotism.
The June 12 annulment provided Buhari with the opportunity to publicly wear a messianic toga while quietly pursuing private vendetta against someone he considered his enemy.  He attended meetings at Ota to join with others to condemn Babangida’s decision and as soon as the decision was reached to ask Babangida to step down, he stopped attending further meetings.  He had achieved his revenge.

[b]Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he (Abacha) died in 1998.  When Obasanjo returned to power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly accounted for in the PTF and that there was not much on the ground to show for the colossal expenditure the agency was claiming. On the day Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure. Most of what he was able to achieve in the PTF, was focused in his backyard.  Haruna Adamu, who was appointed by Obasanjo to investigate the PTF before finally consigning it to the dung heap, quickly pocketed one hundred million naira of PTF’s money before operating table could be set up for him, thus forcing Obasanjo to hurriedly close the place down without further investigations.  Buhari has been trying desperately since to return to power, perhaps to get a chance to shred the PTF documents?[/b]

http://thewillnigeria.com/opinion/4382-ALL-NIGERIAN-COUP-GENERALS-WERE-ROGUES-AND-GENERAL-MUHAMMADU-BUHARI-WAS-EXCEPTION.html

Continued
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Beaf: 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2010
. . .More

[size=14pt]ALL NIGERIAN COUP GENERALS WERE ROGUES AND GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI WAS NO EXCEPTION[/size]
NAIWU OSAHON 02/05/2010 09:31:00

Buhari is a tribal and religious bigot. When he lost the presidential election in April 2003, he threatened the nation with mass action and refused to go to court. He organized a rally in Abuja, as one in a series of such civil acts of disobedience to protest what he described as the massive rigging of the election that brought Obasanjo to power the second time.
He almost succeeded in launching his Jihad. The alleged taped sermon of an unnamed pastor at an unidentified church in Adamawa claiming that: “Whether Muslims like it or not, Obasanjo must continue” and that “any Muslim who does not want that, can die or move to Niger” was obviously a blatant forgery. It was very likely to be the handiwork of the ‘Crater of Dikko brigade. For a start, the language of the sermon was too brash to be true, especially coming as it was claimed, from a Christian minority likely to bear the brunt of the consequences of the offensive sermon in a predominantly Muslim state. The Christian minority would have had to be mad to the last man, to call for their own annihilation in such a careless and irresponsible manner.

It is not logical that the Christian cleric would send hundreds of his suicide sermon tapes, not to Christians, but to Muslim clerics and the media around the country. Someone who desperately wanted to kill Nigeria must think we are all morons and I suggest we look for him at the backyard of our current number one Jihadist. Where else to look when Buhari was threatening he must occupy the Presidency whether he won the election or not. We begged him to go to the Electoral Tribunal to settle the matter but he insisted that he would rather clubber us to death, with religion than subject himself to the in indignity of being judged by another man. That is how badly he cares about our welfare and survival.

One is not always sure if he is truly a Nigerian because let’s face it; no true Nigerian would hate Nigeria so much as to threaten her with a Jihad. May be the problem is of a mental nature considering the gutter snipes often credited to the supposed statesman on the Hausa service of the BBC and other foreign media about his fatherland. He seems to love to speak before he thinks. There is something definitely troubling about the mind of this crater genius because it is probably not just Nigerians that he hates but life itself in its totality. In other words, we are probably all trapped in the vicious grip of a cool and calculating sadist. In fact, I am told that no one has ever seen him smile or laugh.

Sam Omatseye, writing about Buhari in the Sun newspaper at the time said: “He (Buhari) uses Sharia to justify his worldview; to justify a certain selfish view of the world that serves his interest at a particular time. He played that card in the presidential election in order to secure a base for himself. But he needed more than his northern base to become president. You must be flexible to pull non-sharia base with you and the man has no flexibility in his bones so when he tries to play the chameleon, he fails. He tries to carry a veneer of a man of principles but falls short when selfish interest is involved.”

Buhari has no respect for democracy. Under his behest, the ANPP humiliated five highly respected South-Eastern Presidential aspirants at their primary for the 2003 presidential election despite having Dr. Okadigbo as Buhari’s running mate. After rigging his party’s primary to become its presidential candidate, Buhari then felt he stood on moral grounds to preach election morals to the world. Buhari ignored the South-West completely, as if it did not exist and offered the South-South, the unattractive, legally diminished constitutional option on derivation. To rob salt into injury, he threatened to swap NDDC with PTF. If he wasn’t playing with words, he betrayed his selfish ethnic agenda because we all know what happened in his PTF. It concentrated its activities in the North.

Buhari definitely was not a sellable presidential candidate across Nigeria. What happened was that the incumbent ANPP governors needed a Buhari to help them hold on to their states on religious grounds. Even in the area of public debate, Buhari was not articulate or detribalized and he lacked charisma. He ignored all entreaties to explain his programmes to the ‘bloody civilians.’ Arrogant and condescending, he was unable to climb down from his high horse as a former military dictator. Infused with the moribund myth that Nigerian leadership was the sole property of his ethnic group, he assumed he could cow the rest of us with a jihad. If that failed, some said, military coup was a possibility because a kaferi must not continue to rule. He concentrated his campaign (if it could be called that, because he said very little at every stop), in the North-East and North-West of the country. The little he said, was only in the Hausa language to titillate the warrior nerves of his jihadist gang.

With 19 states in the North, he was convinced he could, at least, force a re-run in the elections, forgetting that the North Central states are already a little weary of jihad. Even the core North itself has some 30% Christian population. Awolowo and Zik exposed the fallacy of the monolithic north by winning elections all over the place during their time. Abiola proved that religion is not the cocoon the Buharis think it is in modern Nigerian politics.

He prostitutes his political ambition by moving from party to party, with the sole aim of becoming the presidential candidate of any party he joins. He is not prepared to serve under anyone else, definitely not under a southern candidate. On seeing that he would not be able to realize his selfish ambition in the mega party he initially joined with others to form, he hurriedly formed a break away party where no one would challenge him as presidential candidate. Since there is no hope of his legitimately ever becoming the Nigerian president or head of state again, Nigerians need to be preparing now for a possible jihad led by this man in the not too distant future.

http://thewillnigeria.com/opinion/4382-ALL-NIGERIAN-COUP-GENERALS-WERE-ROGUES-AND-GENERAL-MUHAMMADU-BUHARI-WAS-EXCEPTION.html
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by PapaBrowne(m): 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2010
Ribadu is not contesting on ACN. AC is using Ribadu's name to beef up their party's credentials.
Ribadu has asked that the article be taken down. If you doubt it, check the link!!! The article has been taken off 234next's site.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Beaf: 11:06pm On Sep 09, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Ribadu is not contesting on ACN. AC is using Ribadu's name to beef up their party's credentials.
Ribadu has asked that the article be taken down. If you doubt it, check the link!!! The article has been taken off 234next's site.

Wow! I just checked it and the page is empty! shocked
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Eziachi: 12:20am On Sep 10, 2010
@Beaf
I enjoyed reading the long and chunky stuff but it sounds like an opinion of the writer rather than fact. You just have to look at Buhari’s life style compare to the likes of IBB or OBJ.
He still lives in a modest home, while others live in mansions.
He fly economic class like you and I, while others hop around the world in their private jets.
Buhari is hardly seen abroad, while others are of the opposite.

If he had such amount of money in Midland bank in London, you think he will dare the audacious try to kidnap Dikko in London with the British knowing that secret of his?

Why should he arrest Shagari? Shagari is political novice but I do not think he is economically/materially dishonest.

As Kobojunkie had alluded, his partner in crime, Idiagbon died poverty-stricken. If Buhari has those kind of money starched away and was still doing all those corruption fight with Idiagbon, then he must be the biggest actor on the planet.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by bawomolo(m): 12:55am On Sep 10, 2010
Eziachi:

@Beaf
I enjoyed reading the long and chunky stuff but it sounds like an opinion of the writer rather than fact. You just have to look at Buhari’s life style compare to the likes of IBB or OBJ.
He fly economic class like you and I, while others hop around the world in their private jets.

If he had such amount of money in Midland bank in London, you think he will dare the audacious try to kidnap Dikko in London with the British knowing that secret of his?

Why should he arrest Shagari? Shagari is political novice but I do not think he is economically/materially dishonest.

As Kobojunkie had alluded, his partner in crime, Idiagbon died poverty-stricken. If Buhari has those kind of money starched away and was still doing all those corruption fight with Idiagbon, then he must be the biggest actor on the planet.

good point.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by MetalGong4: 1:04am On Sep 10, 2010
BTW: Why did 234NEXT newspaper retract their story?

Like Sahara Reporters, like 234Next - fake news propagators . . .
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Beaf: 3:14am On Sep 10, 2010
Eziachi:

@Beaf

Idiagbon had nothing to hide, because he was a good man, the 100% percent genuine article. Buhari'e case is very different, how can the disappearance of $2.8billion under his watch as NNPC boss be explained?

Also, unlike Idiagbon, Buhari has always been in one political position or the other in different govts and you know what "political" generals are like.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Mrnuel: 3:28am On Sep 10, 2010
The choice of Ribadu by ACN is a good choice though i still consider it an academic endeavour that will end up putting journalists on their way to fat bank accounts.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by Nobody: 5:00am On Sep 10, 2010
while Idiagbon lived an austere life, i can categorically state that he DID not die poverty stricken.

and he did have a house in ilorin, and his kids schooled abroad.

as to all this Buhari did this buhari did that - beaf is just playing character assassination for all contenders against Johnathan - we all have an idea of what Buhari stands for - we were there - till today, the sanitation day still stands

if his execution of drug couriers had been held up, nigeria would not be the international pariah it is today, whose citizens are known for fraud, drug pushing etal without, and celebrated for the same within.
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by MRMoneyE(m): 5:57am On Sep 10, 2010
Well lets see how the game goes ,
Re: Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . by 9ijaMan: 6:29am On Sep 10, 2010
oyb:

while Idiagbon lived an austere life, i can categorically state that he DID not die poverty stricken.

and he did have a house in ilorin, and his kids schooled abroad.

as to all this Buhari did this buhari did that - beaf is just playing character assassination for all contenders against Johnathan - we all have an idea of what Buhari stands for - we were there - till today, the sanitation day still stands

if his execution of drug couriers had been held up, nigeria would not be the international pariah it is today, whose citizens are known for fraud, drug pushing etal without, and celebrated for the same within.

@ OYB,
You have spoken the truth. Idiagbon did not die a pauper. He's kids are welloff in Ilorin. He was simply a strict and very disciplined man. Buhari also has the same tendencies. Buhari is not a poor man, but he's not got the amount of resources required to counter the likes of IBB, Atiku and now GEJ. However, amongst the lot, he's the best candidate for the job.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Mystery Behind President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan / With 25 Untapped Solid Minerals, Ebonyi Woos Investors / "Governor Fashola Lifts The Ban On Okada"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.