Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic (25765 Views)

FG Begins Movement Of Cargoes From Lagos To Onitsha Port To Ease Apapa Traffic / Apapa Traffic: Lagos To Provide 3,000-capacity Truck Terminal In Orile-iganmu / The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by Hotfreezer: 12:29am On Apr 03, 2019
Propsvilla:

Shatap

Is that all?
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by Hotfreezer: 12:31am On Apr 03, 2019
9jaRealist:

The reality is that we would not know, since taxes are paid where the taxpayer is resident/doing business and not in the state of origin...

Keep hiding behind one finger.

You say you don't know if Igbos are the ones contributing to the IGR of Ogun state, abi?

Are there more Igbos resident and doing business in Ogun state than the entire SE?

Why then does Ogun's IGR dwarf the entire SE?

2 Likes

Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by Ziggylady(f): 12:34am On Apr 03, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Yes. There is a vision for development.

Can you give me a single project on your region slated for the nearest future? Just one.

Gala factory is not a project o!

You will soon receive another ban,keep calling people's father.

Hotfreezer aka Okoyeeboz,HusbandofIgbos,Nyamiri e..t.c
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by 9jaRealist: 12:40am On Apr 03, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Ibadan has been developed right from when your fathers were still living in trees and learning how to make human sounds.

When did you have a University in your region? When did Ibadan have a University?

Hawking gala in traffic is not development, it won't be allowed in Ibadan.

Without prejudice to the rest of the frankly childish and backward ethnicity-riven arguments pervading this thread...
It's an HONEST livelihood, and there's always DIGNITY in honest labor. Sadly, many idolize Yahoo boys while denigrating honest hardwork.
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by nedubest(m): 12:44am On Apr 03, 2019
they won't do anything. they will squander the funds
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by Hotfreezer: 12:52am On Apr 03, 2019
NaijaFutbol:

Is Ondo in the SE? Your point?

You said they don't grand approvals for Seaports by states. I guess that's what your mediocre leaders told you.

He pointed out that Ondo is doing same. FYI, Lagos is constructing the Lekki Deep Seaport and Ogun is also working on a Seaport.

Maybe he needs to type in your native dialect before you can understand.

20 years from now, you'll be telling your kids the reasons why you guys failed to develop the SE and they'll be looking at you with shame.

2 Likes

Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by Hotfreezer: 12:54am On Apr 03, 2019
[s]
Ziggylady:

You will soon receive another ban,keep calling people's father.

Hotfreezer aka Okoyeeboz,HusbandofIgbos,Nyamiri e..t.c
[/s]

Lmaooooo
My posts have made this one unable to sleep. grin
See him calling those who have tormented him.

Oya, stop crying. I would donate a. Seaport to your village.

1 Like

Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by 9jaRealist: 12:55am On Apr 03, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Keep hiding behind one finger.

You say you don't know if Igbos are the ones contributing to the IGR of Ogun state, abi?

Are there more Igbos resident and doing business in Ogun state than the entire SE?

Why then does Ogun's IGR dwarf the entire SE?

Sorry, but I have no desire to prolong these frankly childish, backward and crude ethnicity arguments... undecided

I will limit myself to the FACTUAL assertions that I made that we would not know, because taxes are paid wherever taxpayers are resident and/or doing business - added to the FACT the tax authorities do not collect data on the ethnicity of taxpayers (thankfully so). Furthermore, IGR is not just limited to income taxes, and accordingly there are myriad other levies and charges that are paid by the many corporations (clustered primarily around Agbara and Otta) in Ogun State, several of which could well be owned by Ibos (eg, Beloxxi Industries Ltd.) or employ Ibos who pay local taxes/VAT. Thus, yet again, as your question is/was whether Ibos are "contributing" to the IGR of Ogun State, the answer is most likely YES! But the FACT is that we would not really know (not least because ethnicity is largely IRRELEVANT data to the tax authorities).

1 Like

Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by Hotfreezer: 1:09am On Apr 03, 2019
[s]
9jaRealist:

Sorry, but I have no desire to prolong these frankly childish, backward and crude ethnicity arguments... undecided

I will limit myself to the FACTUAL assertions that I made that we would not know, because taxes are paid wherever taxpayers are resident and/or doing business - added to the FACT the tax authorities do not collect data on the ethnicity of taxpayers (thankfully so). Furthermore, IGR is not just limited to income taxes, and accordingly there are myriad other levies and charges that are paid by the many corporations (clustered primarily around Agbara and Otta) in Ogun State, several of which could well be owned by Ibos (eg, Beloxxi Industries Ltd.) or employ Ibos who pay local taxes/VAT. Thus, yet again, as your question is/was whether Ibos are "contributing" to the IGR of Ogun State, the answer is most likely YES! But the FACT is that we would not really know (not least because ethnicity is largely IRRELEVANT data to the tax authorities).
[/s]

Many of your ignorant ilk here say that Nnewi is more industrialised than the average South Western state. However, when IGR statistics are released, the entire Anambra and Enugu states struggle to match a single Local Government in Lagos, eg. Ifako Ijaiye Local Government or Alimosho Local Government in Lagos.

It is either the snall scale firms in Nnewi are overestimated and over-valued, or they are run by criminals who evade tax. Or doesn't common sense tell you that if indeed Igbos are behind the tax figures in Lagos, Igbo businesses are also responsible for the mediocre figures in the East?

Your states have some of the lowest IGR rates in the entire country and it is a shame that the empty unproductive barrels make the most noise.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by Nobody: 1:29am On Apr 03, 2019
Hotfreezer:
[s][/s]

Many of your ignorant ilk here say that Nnewi is more industrialised than the average South Western state. However, when IGR statistics are released, the entire Anambra and Enugu states struggle to match a single Local Government in Lagos, eg. Ifako Ijaiye Local Government or Alimosho Local Government in Lagos.

It is either the snall scale firms in Nnewi are overestimated and over-valued, or they are run by criminals who evade tax. Or doesn't common sense tell you that if indeed Igbos are behind the tax figures in Lagos, Igbo businesses are also responsible for the mediocre figures in the East?

Your states have some of the lowest IGR rates in the entire country and it is a shame that the empty unproductive barrels make the most noise.
Chai shocked
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by googi: 1:34am On Apr 03, 2019
While the Ethnic bashing is going on, did anyone notice that

China is taking 55%

Maybe I missed someone that raised it.

Can that happen in China with American, British or Japanese money?
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by LordPsalm(m): 1:52am On Apr 03, 2019
Blue3k:

Source: https://leadership.ng/2019/04/01/proposed-134m-ibadan-port-will-end-apapa-traffic/

But The one in Portharcourt and warri has been shut down for decades. We are watching
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by Hotfreezer: 1:57am On Apr 03, 2019
LordPsalm:

But The one in Portharcourt and warri has been shut down for decades. We are watching

Why do you tell lies as if you're talking to your fellow members of your illiterate drunkards association?

Read this link and digest it before you say anything here again. It contains statistics and figures, not stories.
http://nigerianports.gov.ng/ports-statistics/

Oh, there are containers mentioned inside. I fear that's the only thing you may understand inside.

2 Likes

Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by mikeapollo: 2:37am On Apr 03, 2019
Blue3k:

Source: https://leadership.ng/2019/04/01/proposed-134m-ibadan-port-will-end-apapa-traffic/

Silly talk! Why talking about building a dry pot in Ibadan when you could build better ports in coastal cities like Calabar, PH, Warri, Igbokoda Onitsha etc?
This country does not have great thinkers!

1 Like

Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by dreamwords: 2:39am On Apr 03, 2019
LazyGold:

You guys are still Crying lol grin

You always sound funny
Yes so sufferisticated funny grin grin
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by IkpuMmadu: 3:15am On Apr 03, 2019
keee:
Why cant all these Igbo Business men build a private sea port in Onishta, Asaba or PH or somewhere in the East since federal govt is not thinking along that line. Do it as a business and stop complaining about what ndi Yoruba is doing over here

How many Yoruba as Hausa business men built a sea port in their place

You are just smart by half .... don't you know what is exclusive list and concurrent list
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by Hotfreezer: 3:39am On Apr 03, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

How many Yoruba as Hausa business men built a sea port in their place

You are just smart by half .... don't you know what is exclusive list and concurrent list

Is that the excuse you'll give your children for failing to develop the SE?

Presently, Lagos state is building the Lekki Deep seaport. Ogun and Ondo are working on sea ports too.

It would be a grand shame if all you have to show for your existence are excuses.
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by Simbrixton(m): 4:11am On Apr 03, 2019
I am yoruba and this investment no favour us what the hell is wrong with our politicians gan sef let government develop the east
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by Dami12345: 6:02am On Apr 03, 2019
Amuocha:
Another purple elephant project.
Main reason why Man Utd lost tonight. embarassed
Nonsense Ibadan project angry

Na just to thief money again
But its owned by the Chinese this time.
Better go learn Mandarin

1 Like

Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by lanreunlimited(m): 7:36am On Apr 03, 2019
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by 9jaRealist: 7:41am On Apr 03, 2019
Hotfreezer:
[s][/s]

Again with the CHILDISH personal insults...
Fortunately, I was raised better and thus won’t join you in that gutter.

Now to the substantive matter at hand, I could not possibly have argued that Nnewi is more industrialized than anywhere (in the Southwest or elsewhere), not least because I have NEVER been to Nnewi (nor indeed anywhere else in the Southeast) and frankly do not have any reliable data on industries in that part of Nigeria - nor frankly any part of Nigeria outside of Agbara and Otta (and of course Lagos). I made a LIMITED point (highlighting only the part of your post that I was addressing), which was that Ibos most likely “contribute” to the IGR of Ogun State (while noting that we would never know for certain), and gave the FACTUAL basis for that conclusion. You may have an aversion for FACTS but they are what they are. As for your CHILDISH and crude ethnicity-riven vitriol, they are like a-holes - when uncovered they tend to stink.
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by 9jaRealist: 7:52am On Apr 03, 2019
googi:
While the Ethnic bashing is going on, did anyone notice that

China is taking 55%

Maybe I missed someone that raised it.

Can that happen in China with American, British or Japanese money?

Going by the crude and backward ethnicity-riven drivel being spewed on here...
Most likely that many here would rather partner with Martian aliens than other Nigerians. grin

Nonetheless, I personally have no qualms with foreigners (Chinese or anyone else) bringing in money, taking an equity risk and profiting therefrom if the risks succeeds and yields a return. There was nothing precluding Nigerians from taking the same risks and making the same investment. So why get our panties in a twist now that foreigners have seen an opportunity that has been sitting there all along while we were busy building megachurches and flying around in private jets? After all, if the investment tanks those foreigners lose their equity investment. Anyway, Nigerians should not be such economic xenophobes given that millions of us earn a living and own businesses across the globe!
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by 9jaRealist: 8:03am On Apr 03, 2019
mikeapollo:

Silly talk! Why talking about building a dry pot in Ibadan when you could build better ports in coastal cities like Calabar, PH, Warri, Igbokoda Onitsha etc?
This country does not have great thinkers!

We can do BOTH...
Many countries do both.
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by hisgrace090: 8:12am On Apr 03, 2019
Hotfreezer:

What is greedy West?

When they wanted to build the rail line to reach Calabar passing through the SE, didn't Igbo Senators shoot it down so that they can fight Amaechi and Buhari?

The SE has been supporting Saraki. Tell me a single thing the SE got from Saraki's Senate.

The consequences of the politics played by the SE isn't yet clear now. 20 years from now, your children would curse you for mortgaging their futures just to fight, insult, abuse and oppose those indifferent about you.

Hmm!
I'm speachless at this observation.
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by IkpuMmadu: 8:15am On Apr 03, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Is that the excuse you'll give your children for failing to develop the SE?

Presently, Lagos state is building the Lekki Deep seaport. Ogun and Ondo are working on sea ports too.

It would be a grand shame if all you have to show for your existence are excuses.

Abia State has started building Obuaku deep River port and Oguta Imo state has started channeling of the Oguta river but exclusive list is halting it
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by hisgrace090: 8:16am On Apr 03, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Which Igbos?

Mention a single Igbo state with IGR up to one-fifth of Ogun state.
Or Igbos are the ones contributing taxes in Ogun state too?

See, Igbos are always bitter when good things come to other people. Bring a project to the SW, they cry. Take it to the North, na cry. Take it to the SS, they insult SS that they are foolish for allowing the APC deceive them.

Look at how Igbos insult SE leaders that try to reach out. Umahi, Rochas, Kalu, Obiano, etc are routinely insulted. It is blockheaded leaders like Ikpeazu that they like.

That is why the SE has become what it is today.

Bitter truth!
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by 123papas(m): 8:20am On Apr 03, 2019
Obiano can build a seaport in Anambra state; lets tell him
keee:
Why cant all these Igbo Business men build a private sea port in Onishta, Asaba or PH or somewhere in the East since federal govt is not thinking along that line. Do it as a business and stop complaining about what ndi Yoruba is doing over here
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by hisgrace090: 8:21am On Apr 03, 2019
Ttipsy:
nice development.

but the most vital measure to end Apapa gridlock, is the get port of the Eastern part working. from Onitsha to Warri,port Harcourt, uyo. calabar. that should be the FG priority to decongest the western port of Lagos unfortunatly serving the Nation. SA, USA, Kenya, uk, mexico, Ghana, has multiple ports, one port can't be enough for a Country, not one as large as Nigeria with huge population.

its time we think progressively to push and attain Nigeria of our dream

But constantly telling the guy that will do it look you're the greatest person I hate will not facilitates it actualization.

1 Like

Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by hisgrace090: 8:25am On Apr 03, 2019
Alezy:
this is why this country will never soar. U re attacking him now cos he said the truth and u re from the said beneficial zone. Irrespective of who is president or senate president is Nigeria not one? Ate they not supposed to develop all?

So you're not for once moved that good thing that'll come to your place were stopped by those you elected to represent you or are you happy because they do it to mock whom you hatted most?
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by Basic123: 8:27am On Apr 03, 2019
Akabuking:
dont deny the obvious
Are you Yoruba Slaves?

Are your fate and destiny in Yoruba hands?
later you go dey chest beat that you are greater than Yorubas?
Re: Proposed $134m Ibadan Port Will End Apapa Traffic by hisgrace090: 9:14am On Apr 03, 2019
oruma19:
If not that these yorubas are selfish people, what is this nonsense talk about Ibadan when we have warri, sapele, koko and calabar ports lying fallow and idle? This is not a country. Wicked and self centred people of the southwest. We are waiting to disgrace u people in 2023. North will rule Nigeria forever, Tinubu will cry blood. We shall make sure that happens.

Their full support to buhari paying off, work and chop!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Update On The Oshodi-Airport Road Construction / Road Trip To Hamilton And Naigara Falls Ontario / Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.