Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,089 members, 7,957,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning (1947 Views)

Bible-burning Egyptian Cleric Jailed For 11 Years / Does The Koran Really Encourage Faithful Moslems To Kill Christians? / The 5 versions of the Arabic Koran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2010
Fhemmmy:

So sad that the media has made people that aint worth the second of a day to become an overnight celebrity

demagoguery
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2010
safariman:

@Kobo
Versus a Jewish vs Moslem thing

No, it is not vs anything . . . that is all you. We are on one issue and you are throwing in a pighead in isreal for? I don't know. I explained that Bibles are equally burned around the world, even by muslims, and you immediately claimed a Christian burning Bible is no big deal . . , what else do you want me to say?
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by dayokanu(m): 7:10pm On Sep 10, 2010
oyb:

i'm mostly indifferent.

my fellow muslims should learn to laugh off crackpots rather than be annoyed by them. most of these 'fundamentalists' are hypocrites anyway - the smart thing to do is bide your time, catch them in compromising positions with hooker etal, then destroy their credibility

freedom of speech and all that

it should be noted though, that the man was looking to provoke a public reaction - its not a case of the guy burning the Quran in his backyard, or among his friends

you don't need to call a press conference or announce to the world that you want to burn an 'evil' book

Oyb, How come when xtian literatures are destroyed in the Islamic world it never brings an uproar?

Another point, The Ground zero advocate were exercising their right to build regardless of public sentiments

Why should this Pastor not be allowed to exercise his own right to burn and why should he consider public sentiments?

Does this mean the world have to allow the Moslem fanatics to do whatever they choose to but not let other "fanatics" do likewise?
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by safariman(m): 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2010
@Kobo
All I said was, things are more magnified when it comes to one faith versus the other and when it is coming from supposedly a "man of the cloth"
Sorry, the pighead was a reply to one other post that I made regarding wrong doings by another religion
Re: Us Pastor Terry Jones Cancels Koran Burning by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 10, 2010
dayokanu:

Oyb, How come when xtian literatures are destroyed in the Islamic world it never brings an uproar?

Another point, The Ground zero advocate were exercising their right to build regardless of public sentiments

Why should this Pastor not be allowed to exercise his own right to burn and why should he consider public sentiments?

Does this mean the world have to allow the Moslem fanatics to do whatever they choose to but not let other "fanatics" do likewise?

did you read what i wrote at all?

i'm indifferent. my fellow Muslims should learn to laugh it off/ ignore it.

freedom of speech and all that

as long as he is in a country where its not against the law he's free to do whatever

however - setting up a 'burn the Quran day' smacks of an agenda.

i doubt if those misguided bible burning fanatics decided called a press conference, to announce we are burning several thousand bibles today

(1) (2) (Reply)

Virtue Of Guiding People To Goodness. / Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered / Allah's Promise Of Houris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.