Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Has Uber Defrauded Me? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Has Uber Defrauded Me? (539 Views)

Adenike Arowolo (euro Money) And Peter Momoh Omodele Defrauded Me 390,000 / Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. / How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Has Uber Defrauded Me? by taxiappguy: 11:47am On Apr 03, 2019
Hello everyone,
So anybody that knows me knows how active I am with ride share issues.
I have closely followed and participated in all ride share sectors.
I have driven on the platform, I have managed vehicles on the platform and I have used it as a rider.
I have written a book about Uber and blog about the company constantly. It's safe to say that I have been closely involved with Uber since they came to Nigeria.

I have been referring people to the Uber referral program since 2016.
The referral program is for partners who refer other partners and when the people referred get to 50 trips with their cars, Uber pays the referrer 10,000.
I have referred more than 50 people to the program and at least 10 have gone on to become successful referrals.
So imagine my surprise when it turns out it seems they are trying to scam me by claiming I am trying to scam them, simply because they don't want to pony up my money.
I went to their office to ask why my referral earnings have not been paid and they claim I have been blocked since April 2018. Which is a blatant lie as I have referred and received referral earnings even this year.
They claim that my referrals get to 50 trips (which is the requirement) but never get to hundred trips, the lady said because of this I must be fraudulent because "why don't my referrals get to 100 trips". I reminded her that the threshold is 50.
I'm writing this to let everyone know that is seems Uber is engaging in fraudulent activities by withholding my funds while claiming I am fraudulent.
I am writing this to let everyone know not to participate in the Uber partner referral program because they will find an arbitrary reason not to pay you eventually.
Cheers,
Taxi App Guy.

Re: Has Uber Defrauded Me? by taxiappguy: 8:37am On Apr 06, 2019
taxiappguy:
Hello everyone,
So anybody that knows me knows how active I am with ride share issues.
I have closely followed and participated in all ride share sectors.
I have driven on the platform, I have managed vehicles on the platform and I have used it as a rider.
I have written a book about Uber and blog about the company constantly. It's safe to say that I have been closely involved with Uber since they came to Nigeria.

I have been referring people to the Uber referral program since 2016.
The referral program is for partners who refer other partners and when the people referred get to 50 trips with their cars, Uber pays the referrer 10,000.
I have referred more than 50 people to the program and at least 10 have gone on to become successful referrals.
So imagine my surprise when it turns out it seems they are trying to scam me by claiming I am trying to scam them, simply because they don't want to pony up my money.
I went to their office to ask why my referral earnings have not been paid and they claim I have been blocked since April 2018. Which is a blatant lie as I have referred and received referral earnings even this year.
They claim that my referrals get to 50 trips (which is the requirement) but never get to hundred trips, the lady said because of this I must be fraudulent because "why don't my referrals get to 100 trips". I reminded her that the threshold is 50.
I'm writing this to let everyone know that is seems Uber is engaging in fraudulent activities by withholding my funds while claiming I am fraudulent.
I am writing this to let everyone know not to participate in the Uber partner referral program because they will find an arbitrary reason not to pay you eventually.
Cheers,
Taxi App Guy.

(1) (Reply)

Starting Up A VTU Business In Nigeria (tips) / Do You Want A Website Like 9jaflaver? / deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.