Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,074 members, 7,859,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:02 PM

Angry Residents Deface Alao-akala's Billboards In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Angry Residents Deface Alao-akala's Billboards In Ibadan (689 Views)

Angry APC Supporters Deface PDP Billboards In Benue In Retaliation Of PDP Attack / Gombe PDP Thugs Deface APC Billboard But Leave Buhari's Picture Intact (pics) / Low Turnout Mars PDP State Rally In Gboko; Angry Residents Boo Governor Suswam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Residents Deface Alao-akala's Billboards In Ibadan by AloyEmeka5: 3:01am On Sep 10, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Angry residents deface Alao-Akala's billboards in Ibadan

Olalekan Adetayo, Ibadan

Some residents of Ibadan, Oyo State capital, have started defacing billboards bearing the photographs Governor, Adebayo Alao-Akala in the metropolis.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2010/sep/9/punch/images/pix20100909330448[1].jpg[/img]
Alao-Akala's billboard

The billboards, located in strategic places, are being used by the governor to publicise his administration's achievements and to seek the electorates' votes for second term in office.

But some people had other plans as they started painting the face of the governor on the billboards with black paints.

Our correspondent gathered that the operation was always carried out under the cover of nights.

Mostly hit by the angry reactions were billboards erected on the stretch of road from the state headquarters of the Peoples Democratic Party in Mokola to the state secretariat housing the House of Assembly Complex and the Governor's Office in Agodi.

More pronounced were the smaller billboards attached to the poles of the street lights erected on the road.

There were mixed reactions from residents when our correspondent sought their opinions on the development on Tuesday.

While some respondents described the development as a clear signal to the governor that he no longer enjoyed the goodwill of his people, others attributed it to ��politics of bitterness and hatred.��

Those who hold the former view argued that no sane person would deface the billboards of a governor ��who was well loved and accepted by his people.�� They said the defacement was a sign that 2011 elections could not be an easy ride for the governor.

But those who hold the latter view said, rather than defacing Alao-Akala's billboards, those who were not pleased with his style of governance should decide the governor's fate with their votes.

In his reaction, the governor's Special Adviser on Public Communications, Mr. Dotun Oyelade, attributed the development to the opposition.

He said, ��The defacement of Akala's posters in some areas in Ibadan is symptomatic of the delusion that once the posters are distressed, the opposition will score an advantage.

��Nothing can be further from the truth because unlike the ink that smears the posters, the electoral worth of Akala is indelible in the minds of Oyo State voters.��

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/sep/9/833.html
Re: Angry Residents Deface Alao-akala's Billboards In Ibadan by AloyEmeka5: 3:09am On Sep 10, 2010

Bodija Road Ibadan[ why won't the residents vex for that fat fool?]
Re: Angry Residents Deface Alao-akala's Billboards In Ibadan by khairah: 4:06am On Sep 10, 2010
Defacing billboards isn't the solution for now.
Re: Angry Residents Deface Alao-akala's Billboards In Ibadan by Pukkah: 9:37am On Sep 10, 2010
khairah:

Defacing billboards isn't the solution for now.

But at least it sends a message to the incompetent and clueless governor.
Re: Angry Residents Deface Alao-akala's Billboards In Ibadan by omoabike: 10:52am On Sep 10, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Bodija Road Ibadan[ why won't the residents vex for that fat fool?]

I am an indigene of Ibadan and I do not like Akala myself  but are you sure the picture you showed is not somewhere in Lagos?
There are no yellow Commercial Buses in Ibadan.
Re: Angry Residents Deface Alao-akala's Billboards In Ibadan by Becomrich0: 12:47pm On Sep 10, 2010
I am not shock by the picture. PDP think the Yoruba people are joking with them.  I am going to show you the satellite pictures of Yoruba state. And you compare it to other state in Nigeria.   Look some yorubas state have 7 times the population of Akwa Ibom state, But Akwa ibom get 7 times what they recieve. And I would show you the satellite pictures of Akwa ibom and you judge for yourself. IF the PDP is been fair to the Yoruba people.  It is the same thing for all PDP state in Yoruba land .

Yoruba people would rather prefer to been in opposition than in the govt and fight for our right, than senators and reps who do not fight, we get doing from been in the federal govt. Some people think appointing one person as minister that this is what Yoruba gain. They have problem.

The bible says be good to all men. unfair treatment. Remove Edo,delta and Yorubas into Benin republic. I would show you the road in Benin republic. If not give us our own nation. Dont worry about united nation seat, I adesegun , would get that seat for my people at the united nation.
Re: Angry Residents Deface Alao-akala's Billboards In Ibadan by Pukkah: 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2010
Becomrich0:

I am not shock by the picture. PDP think the Yoruba people are joking with them.  I am going to show you the satellite pictures of Yoruba state. And you compare it to other state in Nigeria.   Look some yorubas state have 7 times the population of Akwa Ibom state, But Akwa ibom get 7 times what they recieve. And I would show you the satellite pictures of Akwa ibom and you judge for yourself. IF the PDP is been fair to the Yoruba people.  It is the same thing for all PDP state in Yoruba land .

Yoruba people would rather prefer to been in opposition than in the govt and fight for our right, than senators and reps who do not fight, we get doing from been in the federal govt. Some people think appointing one person as minister that this is what Yoruba gain. They have problem.

The bible says be good to all men. unfair treatment. Remove Edo,delta and Yorubas into Benin republic. I would show you the road in Benin republic. If not give us our own nation. Dont worry about united nation seat, I adesegun , would get that seat for my people at the united nation.

It is good to be passionate about what you believe will bring positive change to you and go about it peacefully.  I give you kudos for this. But why Edo and Delta?  Don't you think you may be weakening your case? Why not many parts of Kwara and very few parts of Kogi and Edo North instead of Edo and Delta?

(1) (Reply)

Group Outside Nigeria Behind Blasts: President / Ibb: Why I Was Not At Eagle Square / 10 Things You Can Learn From A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.