Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) (61338 Views)

Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) / Back Of UNN Female Hostel Building, Enugu Campus (Disturbing Photos) / Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Hotfreezer: 5:06am On Apr 04, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:

I laugh when yeebow boys call Yoruba gals dirty out of frustration of being refused.

See what their yam legged gals are doing. The stupid chest-beaters would still give cunninlingus to animals as dirty as this?

They are truly PIGLETS

Hotfreezer.... you guys shouldn't have spared these animals on this issue. undecided To be honest i looked through half closed eye lids

Lol

I usually don't miss an opportunity to put the fear of God in those savages but I was damn busy yesterday. From noon to midnight, couldn't do much online.

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by starstaz(m): 5:08am On Apr 04, 2019
Beautiful tiles. Beautiful laid toilet. Yet those infrastructure were pushed to ruin .

This is typical of many Nigerian students carrying out their gutter mentality to destroy toilet infrastructure in skool.

Way forward::: Nigerian university system should employ facilities manager to manage skool toilet facilities as a way to avoid early decay but I must warn this will also come with consequence that cannot be predicted but will go a long way to put this structure in shape for the test of time.
facilities manager will also create unskilled job for the teeming youth.

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by LikeAking: 5:18am On Apr 04, 2019
CodeTemplar:
And people from that school are calling Madonna University IDP camp.
This one is concentration camp within an IDP camp. I can imagine the gas oozing out alone being at par with the Nazi Cyanide gas chambers.
God have mercy.

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by OyinO: 5:31am On Apr 04, 2019
Nigeria need a serious Revolution as it was carried out in Ghana and other Western countries.

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by anonimi: 5:34am On Apr 04, 2019
BananaTree:
You're a mumu. I really don't think you ever attended a university. If you did, please tell me tales of how you and your colleagues took a day to clean the toilets cleaners are being paid to do.

If you went to school you will know how to think out of the box, which in this instance means putting pressure on the school authorities to employ students as cleaners such as is done in Canada, UK, USA etc. Work to study tinz, bro!

4 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by anonimi: 5:36am On Apr 04, 2019
ictjobber:
Nigerians are pigs.. If i'm the VC of UNN i won't do anything about this. I remember back then in 2010 when the toilets and bathrooms were renovated... Trust Nigerians it didn't even take UNN Students upto 6 months to destroy it... Person go go toilet him no go carry water, some go use paper instead of tissue and instead of discarding it properly they dump it inside the toilet bowl, after messing and rendering their toilets unusable them go come begin break into other people's own..... It got to a point i just gave up and started patronizing the Convenience beside Environmental Faculty...

.. I learnt many things in UNN... one of them is Nigerians need re-orientation... This our "afterall no be my own" mentality is doing us more harm than good..

Considering the fact that a government is the reflection of its people.. It's no wonder our country is in shambles..

do not think your business is doing well without a website.. you are losing out on potential clients searching the web.. Get a website today... See mY signature. .

You are too smart to be a Nigerian cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Reference(m): 5:53am On Apr 04, 2019
That is why most things that succeed have to be run on an entirely commercial basis as far as Nigeria is concerned. If those students were charged anytime they use it as a running cost it would not be in that state. No two Nigerians agree on anything including their own hygiene, health and safety.

4 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by TONYE001(m): 6:06am On Apr 04, 2019
Effico5real:
I stayed in Nelson Mandela hostel in uniport. Every Saturday morning we do compulsory washing of the bathroom and toilet also brush the ground shiny. So no excuse from the students here bro. Dirty pigs

I too was at NMH. At a point, I was our Wing Captain. I always ensured that we cleaned our wing every Saturday. I still remember how we used to go to UPTH to fetch water.

This is just sad. Inasmuch as the government has failed us, we must be bold enough to tell ourselves the truth that we are as bad as the government we get. Imagine someone up there arguing against students cleaning their hostels.

Hopefully, one day, we'd get things right in this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Parrot69: 6:12am On Apr 04, 2019
Damn!! He said « Graphic «  & it was real graphic. cry

2 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by greenprince(m): 6:20am On Apr 04, 2019
Ttipsy:
African are so...

black is dirty

No please it's not an african thing.
I stayed in a hostel in my first year and the African students especially Kenyans and Nigerians were like the cleanest guys there. The Arabian students and some Europeans sef were lazy and untidy as shit.

I even share an apartment with some white guys and na them give me headache pass not the Nigerian guy, that one can even win health prefect in a university.

It's just a mentality of it's not mine, if I don't wreck it, probably someone else will anyway..... that's what causes that mess.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by greenprince(m): 6:23am On Apr 04, 2019
Reference:
That is why most things that succeed have to be run on an entirely commercial basis as far as Nigeria is concerned. If those students were charged anytime they use it as a running cost it would not be in that state. No two Nigerians agree on anything including their own hygiene, health and safety.

You have a point.... in some public areas abroad, you pay a token (about say 150 in naira) to use the restroom in a train station for instance.

By the time 100 people pay that same amount in a day, the money will be enough to keep it clean and keep facilities renovated and working fine

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by GavelSlam: 6:26am On Apr 04, 2019
The speed with which I scrolled down...phew!!
shocked
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Alloyhardu(m): 6:28am On Apr 04, 2019
grin grin
TonyeBarcanista:
Danboroba
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by greenprince(m): 6:30am On Apr 04, 2019
echodrum:
when will you take a day off to repair bad roads?? Or are you lazy?

Invalid argument.
You say damn the govt I provide everything for myself from private school to private guards and my generator serves my power needs.
Why don't you get a private passport and travel with it.

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by malatachete: 6:38am On Apr 04, 2019
This is embarrassing for all lionites. Back then in 1981 when I was admitted to study estate management in University of Nigeria Enugu Campus, we cleaned the hostels ourselves. There were no sweepers or employed hands to do it on our behalf. I am ashamed of what these current youths have turned into.

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by CodeTemplar: 6:43am On Apr 04, 2019
restored2016:
who paste this thing for here, the thing dey smell from there!
lol
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by GavelSlam: 6:54am On Apr 04, 2019
Everyone is saying it's disgusting.

Who come dey do am?
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 04, 2019
We’ve all been there before and sadly it’ll get worse than this.
Students come from different backgrounds and orientations. Lots of them have very bad toilet habits but a number of factors apart from their habits are responsible for the mess in those graphics.
Yes they paid for the services, the toilets are normally cleaned twice daily. Once there is problem in either payment of non academic staff etc, general environmental hygiene suffers.

To keep the toilets clean, you’ll need regular water supply. That is not possible except things have changed over the years.
Years ago, some guys in Kenneth dike hall would mobilise other students, contribute money to buy bleaches, cleaning liquids and to pay the cleaners but that wasn’t effective. You can’t sustain that as only a few students who are really concerned would pay and support the idea.
Lots of them don’t really care. They’d blame everything on the government or the school authority.

The hostels are not designed to accommodate that very many people.
In Kenneth Dike Hall (IJ) and Mbonu Ojike (GH) halls, there are not enough toilets for the more than 1500 students, ‘squatters’ and visitors living there. Some ESUT students live there as well or use the facilities when passing by.

The hostels need complete overhaul, there should be new buildings, new and adequate facilities in place and most importantly, regular water supply is top priority. The plumbings need to be repaired. I’m not sure the plumbings worked even during the days of Chris Okotie or Chimaroke Nnamani.

The hostels need to be modernised, it must be accessed with swipe cards because at the present state, it’s open to everyone. Anyone can literally walk up IJ or GH hall, go to the toilet, mess it up and leave.

The school can’t continue to look the other way. They need to act.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 04, 2019
malatachete:
This is embarrassing for all lionites. Back then in 1981 when I was admitted to study estate management in University of Nigeria Enugu Campus, we cleaned the hostels ourselves. There were no sweepers or employed hands to do it on our behalf. I am ashamed of what these current youths have turned into.

How many were you in the rooms at the time? Which hostel did you stay in?
Did you have regular water supply when you lived there?
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by NaMeAboki: 7:08am On Apr 04, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:

I laugh when yeebow boys call Yoruba gals dirty out of frustration of being refused.

See what their yam legged gals are doing. The stupid chest-beaters would still give cunninlingus to animals as dirty as this?

They are truly PIGLETS

Hotfreezer.... you guys shouldn't have spared these animals on this issue. undecided To be honest i looked through half closed eye lids

Lol, Yes indeed. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by AngelicBeing: 7:08am On Apr 04, 2019
CodeTemplar:
And people from that school are calling Madonna University IDP camp.
This one is concentration camp within an IDP camp. I can imagine the gas oozing out alone being at par with the Nazi Cyanide gas chambers.
God have mercy.
Gbam, Hahaha, chai grin
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by digitalgeorgy(m): 7:10am On Apr 04, 2019
Danrizzle:
The cleaners have deserted their jobs due to a backlog of unpaid arrears. Students are now left with the options of hiring cleaners with their own money, or cleaning the place themselves.

I sent you a pm...
pls acknowledge it, I need ur help...
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by 2shure: 7:14am On Apr 04, 2019
Wen i dey uniben 200l
Na maingate i dey ho kaka
Esp banks own. I use gtb bank toilet. Dem no allow me smoke for inside
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:19am On Apr 04, 2019
I was expecting someone to say this!
Brother you are the descendants of a colonized people,
A people enslaved and forced to assimilate both Arab and Western cultures, we are a lost people without pride, education should be free at all levels infact it should be a priority.

Nine-year compulsory education policy in China enables students over six years old nationwide to have free education at both primary schools (grade 1 to 6) and junior secondary schools (grade 7 to 9). The policy is funded by government, tuition is free.

Nigeria needs to catch up with the rest of the world and quality and very affordable education needs to be championed, but it doesn't even seem to be a priority, we spend less on education that running this useless government.

Nigerians are the most stupid hypocrites in the world, kids go to the most dilapidated secondary schools in the world but somehow we expect undergraduates to behave like they went to ivy league schools.

tactius:
I am going to say something unpopular here...

The truth is, this is what we get for the amount we pay in fees for university.

I have relations who schooled abroad. Fees were starting at $20000 per session. Of course, the hostel toilet was super clean because cleaners now have access to cleaning materials, and machines to make their job easier. If the toilet breaks, it can be fixed. Las las, salaries are adequate.

In Nigeria, we pay fees less than $500 per session and expect facilities of $50000. Imposicant. The truth is, money is needed to make school toilets and other facilities in tip top condition.No money, things deteriorate fast.

Nigerian cleaners get paid poor salaries, and you expect them to be happy.

And to be honest, students are dirty. Yes, I recall my student days, we made a mess, and somehow expected those poor cleaners, armed with a broom, to clean up after us. OOOkay....

The truth is, even in America, students clean their toilet facilities in their rooms. It is only in Nigeria that we expect our slaves to do it for us.

Truth be told, the problem with Nigerians is Nigerians. We expect to pay N10 for something that costs N1000000. And we won't take action to change things at all.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by perdollar(m): 7:25am On Apr 04, 2019
after students comes pigs. dirty animals
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Ubdavis(m): 7:26am On Apr 04, 2019
When I got admission into UNN, my plan was to stay in the hostel, but i discovered that the toilets were appallingly dirty, the rooms were like where goats are kept, one could perceive rancid smell of the toilet from ur hostel room....
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Neoteny(m): 7:26am On Apr 04, 2019
When you said graphic i didn't expect this level of gore.

Why did i view this before breakfast?!

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by ebukason3(m): 7:37am On Apr 04, 2019
BananaTree:

You're a mumu. I really don't think you ever attended a university. If you did, please tell me tales of how you and your colleagues took a day to clean the toilets cleaners are being paid to do.
Guy its not a big deal, I know of some people that clean it, I also use to clean Alvan and Eni Njoku T end when I was an Under G, until they discover that our series T ends used to be clean.

The problem with Unn students is that the first person to use it never flush it, and it continues like that till the next day when the cleaners clean it.

I know that the school renovated them, but the overhead tank is not working.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) / Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Who Exposed Universities Lecturers Never Graduated / John Paul Nwaezeigwe Graduates With First Class From A Univesity In Canada. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.