Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) (61368 Views)

Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) / Back Of UNN Female Hostel Building, Enugu Campus (Disturbing Photos) / Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Emmaculate77(m): 7:58am On Apr 04, 2019
If only students will start going to toilet with water!
I wonder how Nigeria will ever be civilised when most of the so called educated people are still behaving like animals!
I weep for the cleaners!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by solajacobs(m): 7:58am On Apr 04, 2019
This Na why success dey vex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LueXdPNBwZo
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by malatachete: 8:01am On Apr 04, 2019
gbosaa:

How many were you in the rooms at the time? Which hostel did you stay in?
Did you have regular water supply when you lived there?
I lived in Marire hall (the hall was named after one jeffeson marire the former governor of Mid West region now Delta and Edo states in the First Republic). We were 1 to 2 in a room unlike other bigger hostels like Mbonu Ojike and Kenneth Dike that accommodated 2 or 3 students. The then Anambra State Water Corporation supplied water on a daily basis even though there was a time we experienced water scarcity in 1982. However it was resolved in a week. I hope i solved your curiosity.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Badonasty(m): 8:08am On Apr 04, 2019
Danrizzle:
The cleaners have deserted their jobs due to a backlog of unpaid arrears. Students are now left with the options of hiring cleaners with their own money, or cleaning the place themselves.

mad students...they should be arrested and jailed
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 04, 2019
Best University in Nigeria my foot.
As ordinary as they come.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Dearlord(m): 8:12am On Apr 04, 2019
When I see this kind of shit, I will be wondering if some people are truly human.

I can't just imagine myself exposing my shit to even a public toilet

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 04, 2019
malatachete:
I lived in Marire hall (the hall was named after one jeffeson marire the former governor of Mid West region now Delta and Edo states in the First Republic). We were 1 to 2 in a room unlike other bigger hostels like Mbonu Ojike and Kenneth Dike that accommodated 2 or 3 students. The then Anambra State Water Corporation supplied water on a daily basis even though there was a time we experienced water scarcity in 1982. However it was resolved in a week. I hope i solved your curiosity.

How many students stay in a room in the present day Mariere? I wasn’t doubting whether you were a student of UNEC neither do I need a history of the name of the hostel to validate your claim.

Mariere, K. Dike and Ojike halls of 80s, 90s and early 2000 are not the same today. The hostels have done well to accommodate the number of students on campus and withstand whatever have been thrown at it.

The students there can’t take full responsibilities for the ugly state of things and present hygiene status in the hostels. School authority and perhaps an alumnus like you need to make an input.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 04, 2019
IgbosNIGHTMARE:

It will never be well with those wicked students.
Only hypocrites and fools will continue to blame the authorities in a case like this.
Why can't the students do the right thing?
Why use the floor?
Why use the paper to block the toilet instead of tissue?

IF YOUR MAMA NA CLEANER IF THOSE TOILETS, WILL YOU CURSE OR PRAY FOR THOSE STUDENTS?
It simple put strict rules and cameras to watch that place then watch how things will change. If mama cleaner I go tell am to resign since the school non wan do d right thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Effico5real(m): 8:27am On Apr 04, 2019
TONYE001:

I too was at NMH. At a point, I was our Wing Captain. I always ensured that we cleaned our wing every Saturday. I still remember how we used to go to UPTH to fetch water.

This is just sad. Inasmuch as the government has failed us, we must be bold enough to tell ourselves the truth that we are as bad as the government we get. Imagine someone up there arguing against students cleaning their hostels.

Hopefully, one day, we'd get things right in this country.

That's it. It can only get better
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Cityguy: 8:28am On Apr 04, 2019
Jeeesssuuuuu oooooo!!! shocked. Graphic na nice description.

4 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 04, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Oga, will you clean such adult shiit just cause you are paid? Cleaners are not paid to work with shiit directly but to clean tiles and water closes system. The students started it by defecating on floor and the water closet itself.
They aren't kids. This is why I laugh when people condemn private school student as kids. They are more mature and exposed to these things and don't mess up simple water closet. Maturity doesn't start and end with having and impregnating cohabiting partners oh!
Let the student grow up and realize part of maturity is the ability to cooperate on issues like these. Let them share the responsibility equally and put those toilets back in cleanable order or state. This is un-cleanable even if the cleaners are paid their arrears. Jesus.
This has nothing to do with maturity but the mindset many people have towards public thing. I bet you that those students have clean toilets in their respective houses. They wear clean shoes and shirts . The university is at fault here for not doing enough. They just choke the hostels with crowd yet they have less staff to manage the place. Yes you made reference to private university, haven't you thought why many of their toilets are clean?. Why many of their students rarely mess their toilets.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 04, 2019
midnighter:
im sure they hire those elderly women who will just swish a mop around and go home. and they will pay them a pittance for dong so. Lose-lose situation

actually in public institutions toilets and public areas need to be cleaned several times a day, not just once
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 04, 2019
dont they have cleaners again? i pity the girls from this skool, the vaginas will be cesspools for diseases.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by GGirll: 8:52am On Apr 04, 2019
Thank God for University of Lagos.....Great Akokites in the house know that this is alien to d University of First Choice.....I rep UNILAG....btw the school authority should do something about this d students are paying for these facilities n they must ensure condusive environments for the students to learn adequately...I remember when we went for a conference in UNN n they offered female UNILAG students Mary slessor hostel for God's sake it was an eye sour n that was d best they could offer even as host so our wonderful prof paid for a hotel around that place for us were we stayed through out d 4days seminar....I only liked their UNN Anthem d rest is just secondary.....Igbo Elites, politicians n Governors should do something about this....my sister of blesses memory read medicine in UNN n I love UNN but I schooled in Lagos n so went for UNILAG.....I am IGBO in case for those who will want to quote me with insults be warned !!!

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 04, 2019
sykeng:

Delsu is not like that, I praise them for that.
How does Delsu maintain their hostel facilities especially the toilets?
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 04, 2019
Kpene:
I used to stay for two weeks without shitting then in KSU hostel....

2 Likes

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Zainabhamzat20(f): 9:18am On Apr 04, 2019
wow we are really enjoying in my school ooo .This is correct toilet infection for anyone who use it wow. undecided
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by EngrKem: 9:22am On Apr 04, 2019
Odogu9195:
Here is something I don’t understand. Why can’t those students take a day and really clean the toilet?? So those yeye student expect school to come clean toilet for them? Smh lazy and dirty youth. Just 1k is enough. Everyone in the building contribute. Was this toilet like when it was opened?? Sometimes I think we deserve the kinda politicians and so called leaders we have. Looking at this, some stupid students they even poo for toilet ground.
Students should leave studies to come clean toilets that people are employed to clean and do daily? Is there anywhere in the prospectus that says students should clean toilets?
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by wharlz(m): 9:23am On Apr 04, 2019
I have seen badly used toilets, but this! I mean u can get infected at d slightest thought of it. What d hell? Poo on the doors, floor, walls! How is that even possible. Disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by franklingud(m): 9:27am On Apr 04, 2019
Everything in NIGERIA is stupidity.

Tufiakwa!!!

1 Like

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 9:32am On Apr 04, 2019
asuustrike1:

It simple put strict rules and cameras to watch that place then watch how things will change. If mama cleaner I go tell am to resign since the school non wan do d right thing
Very funny
Put camera in the toilet?
who does that?
Better still, employ the securities to monitor them after use.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Moukandjo: 9:39am On Apr 04, 2019
The last person wey get mind sh*t for this toilet na him I dey wonder o!
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by mechanics(m): 10:32am On Apr 04, 2019
Someone can contact toilet infection.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Herbwise(m): 10:38am On Apr 04, 2019
If you want a National Award, go to the toilet, take pics with the toilet in its messy condition.
Thereafter, clean the toilet by yourself. Also endeavor to take pics while doing that.
When you are done, take pics with the clean toilet and post online.

Trust me you will come here to give your testimony.

NB: Don't forget to share your blessings when it comes ooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Jaqenhghar: 10:38am On Apr 04, 2019
sykeng:

Seriously? Thays interesting. I would like to know how they achieved that
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Rolly22(m): 11:25am On Apr 04, 2019
Offpoint:
The students are useless, na cleaner dey clean their papa toilet for house?

They prefer to further ruined the place and pollute the whole environment with their shîts than to clean the toilet and make use of it.

I'd had been more productive and profitable to humanity, if their parents used their school fees to patronize oloshos or drank beers with it.

If you want to quote me with the intent of insulting me, please do me a favour by attaching your email along the insults. I still have 2 unused thunder in my spam box. I'll be glad to forward it to you.

Guy Kuku kill me na, that beer and Olosho cracked me up
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by sharena(m): 11:45am On Apr 04, 2019
WHICH KIND ONE BE THIS NA, ABEG MAKE UNA NOR LET ME VOMIT OOO
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Edge1(m): 12:36pm On Apr 04, 2019
ictjobber:
Nigerians are pigs.. If i'm the VC of UNN i won't do anything about this. I remember back then in 2010 when the toilets and bathrooms were renovated... Trust Nigerians it didn't even take UNN Students upto 6 months to destroy it... Person go go toilet him no go carry water, some go use paper instead of tissue and instead of discarding it properly they dump it inside the toilet bowl, after messing and rendering their toilets unusable them go come begin break into other people's own..... It got to a point i just gave up and started patronizing the Convenience beside Environmental Faculty...

.. I learnt many things in UNN... one of them is Nigerians need re-orientation... This our "afterall no be my own" mentality is doing us more harm than good..

Considering the fact that a government is the reflection of its people.. It's no wonder our country is in shambles..

do not think your business is doing well without a website.. you are losing out on potential clients searching the web.. Get a website today....I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

Maximum humanitarian standard should be 2 rooms to 1 toilet and not 10 rooms like it is obtainable there and mind you, there are about 6-8 students per room excluding squatters.
I finished from University of Nigeria Enugu Campus and that hostel is Kenneth Dike (IJ) male hostel.
The student per toilet ratio there is too high.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by ictjobber: 12:38pm On Apr 04, 2019
Edge1:

Maximum humanitarian standard should be 2 rooms to 1 toilet and not 10 rooms like it is obtainable there and mind you, there are about 6-8 students per room excluding squatters.
I finished from University of Nigeria Enugu Campus and that hostel is Kenneth Dike (IJ) male hostel.
The student per toilet ratio there is too high.

True... But that's not an excuse for the students to misuse the facilities
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Edge1(m): 12:42pm On Apr 04, 2019
ictjobber:

True... But that's not an excuse for the students to misuse the facilities

Owing to the number of users which is outrageous, no one can be held responsible and that brought about the misuse.
When there is zero accountability, irresponsibility becomes a norm.
It's simple.
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by seangy4konji: 12:53pm On Apr 04, 2019
Ohh boy hell fore toilet go better pass this...what kain of shit is this mehn..

Bleep u mehn
Re: Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 04, 2019
sykeng:

Bro are you still in Delsu or you've graduated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) / Show How Much U Remember About Ur Secondary School: Write Ur School Anthem / Sex For Grades: Kiki Mordi Who Exposed Universities Lecturers Never Graduated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.