Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver (50168 Views)

Tinubu Reveals Why Naval Officer Slapped Him In US / Atiku To Tinubu: How Did You Inherit Properties If You Are From Poor Background? / Bola Tinubu: How I Made My First Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by seguno2: 9:47pm On Apr 03, 2019
jieta:
I don't know between Nigeria politician and pastors who knows how to use hypothetical stories more. Very cunning set of people.

Like Osinbajo’s father in the Lord who said that he drove 300 kms with an empty tank
Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by highcadre: 10:06pm On Apr 03, 2019
That returned baba to default mode
Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by bizzibodi(m): 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
The NN shld tender an unreserve apology to tinubu.
Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by Shakirashakira: 11:03pm On Apr 03, 2019
As if is from ur mind without igbo no Lagos taa watin u know
Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by MetaPhysical: 11:31pm On Apr 03, 2019
By time this thread reach page 50, every Nigerian dey here dey comment. You go just wake up next dey hear Lawan is Senate President and begin wonder how e take happen. grin. Because Navy officer slap Tinubu, dats how e happen! grin grin
Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by ajl: 12:46am On Apr 04, 2019
Lie, lie. He said s suburb of Virginia, meaning this happened in the United States and that naval officer belong to US Navy. A US Naval officer will slap a member of the public? Lie from the pit of hell coming a disciple of devil himself.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by Bridget95(f): 1:53am On Apr 04, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:

Your papa and grandpa will bow down and call "this old papa" YES SIR because he's far greater than

your present, past & future generations.....

COMBINED! grin grin grin grin
This nonsense is what perpetually dwells in you people's minds that you can't help but to worship your fellow humanbeing far above your creator.you guys don't mind eating his shiiit .
Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by IvarTheBoneless: 2:47am On Apr 04, 2019
Bridget95:

Bridget95 to his / her useless father:

This nonsense is what perpetually dwells in you people's minds that you can't help but to worship your fellow humanbeing far above your creator.you guys don't mind eating his shiiit .

Better take care of the wretched fool first. He's suffering from poverty.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by iragbmite: 3:26am On Apr 04, 2019
This event never happened. Identifying US Navy officers on the street of Virginia is almost impossible. Americans don't even describe US Navy officers as Naval officers. Second, Tinubu could have gotten the man arrested and that would have been the end of the officer's career. Complete lie.
Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by Dedetwo(m): 4:18am On Apr 04, 2019
oluchisimfred:
Bola Tinubu, the former Governor of Lagos State who spoke during his 67th birthday celebration on 29 March, narrated how a naval officer slapped him. According to the APC Chieftain, it was an incident he will never forget and it all occurred when he over-charged a naval officer who was returning to the country.

Bola Tinubu who narrated how a naval officer slapped him when he was still a cab driver, said; “One experience I will not forget was when I over-charged a naval officer, who was returning to the country. It was not intentional. Apparently, I didn’t know the direction; there was no GPRS in those days to locate directions. So, he gave me the direction to his house in a Virginia suburb.“ I gave him the price and the man responded with a slap to my face. He said I should know the correct fare to charge to the location he mentioned. He slapped me and gave me the money."

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/03/bola-tinubu-narrates-how-a-naval-officer-slapped-him/

Your so-called diehard fans of Yoruba ethnicity did not equally know when you were a filling station attendant in NE, Washington, DC.
Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by Dedetwo(m): 4:24am On Apr 04, 2019
iragbmite:
This event never happened. Identifying US Navy officers on the street of Virginia is almost impossible. Americans don't even describe US Navy officers as Naval officers. Second, Tinubu could have gotten the man arrested and that would have been the end of the officer's career. Complete lie.

What do you mean? A commissioned officer in USA Navy is referred as Naval Officer. However in general, naval personals are called "Sailors".

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by iragbmite: 4:34am On Apr 04, 2019
Dedetwo:

What do you mean? A commissioned officer in USA Navy is referred as Naval Officer. However in general, naval personals are called "Sailors".

You are a retarrd for answering you own question. Slap yourself once!!!!
Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by Emekankwoka(m): 4:42am On Apr 04, 2019
oluchisimfred:
Bola Tinubu, the former Governor of Lagos State who spoke during his 67th birthday celebration on 29 March, narrated how a naval officer slapped him. According to the APC Chieftain, it was an incident he will never forget and it all occurred when he over-charged a naval officer who was returning to the country.

Bola Tinubu who narrated how a naval officer slapped him when he was still a cab driver, said; “One experience I will not forget was when I over-charged a naval officer, who was returning to the country. It was not intentional. Apparently, I didn’t know the direction; there was no GPRS in those days to locate directions. So, he gave me the direction to his house in a Virginia suburb.“I gave him the price and the man responded with a slap to my face. He said I should know the correct fare to charge to the location he mentioned. He slapped me and gave me the money."

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/03/bola-tinubu-narrates-how-a-naval-officer-slapped-him/

I don't see anything so important and interesting on this statement.
Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by AishaEstates: 8:09am On Apr 04, 2019
I thought his mum was into politics too.... At what point did he now do uber undecided
Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 04, 2019
OmoManU:
All great men have had their own shares of stories to tell stories of sacrifices stories that touches the heart from adenuga to ajimobi to tinubu. it's all tells us never to despise little beginnings. this gives me hope give me strength. Shout out to all hustlers out there
Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by wealthtrak: 6:43pm On Feb 25, 2022
oluchisimfred:

Bola Tinubu who narrated how a naval officer slapped him when he was still a cab driver, said; “One experience I will not forget was when I over-charged a naval officer, who was returning to the country. It was not intentional. Apparently, I didn’t know the direction; there was no GPRS in those days to locate directions. So, he gave me the direction to his house in a Virginia suburb.“I gave him the price and the man responded with a slap to my face. He said I should know the correct fare to charge to the location he mentioned. He slapped me and gave me the money."

Lol... grin A memorable slap in the State of Virginia, USA, back in the late 1970s when he was a student.

A lot of Nigerian students in the
US drove taxi cabs as extra sources of income aside from what was sent to them by their parents from Nigeria back then.

Mike Adenuga did the same while
studying at a University in the US
despite having wealthy parents. There's NO free food for a lazy man or woman.

Aha! Tinubu (BAT) will be 70 years on March 29, 2022.
Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by wealthtrak: 6:58pm On Feb 25, 2022
OmoManU:
All great men have had their own shares of stories to tell stories of sacrifices stories that touches the heart from adenuga to ajimobi to tinubu. it's all tells us never to despise little beginnings. this gives me hope give me strength. Shout out to all hustlers out there
Yup!smiley Never despise small legit beginnings and never look down on people... Never!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver by wealthtrak: 7:50pm On Feb 25, 2022
kayjay69:
If I were to take a wild guess, I'd say the Naval Officer in question was white and this was probably in the 70's in the US. Anyway, my takeaway from this is for someone who had passed through such an experience to find his way to a position of power and influence, you would atleast expect that he would want to use his power to prevent others from passing through what he faced.
Not saying its mandatory but at the very least morally speaking you would expect that.

It's ironic that most African leaders more often than not, use power to the detriment not to the advancement of their subjects never minding that these leaders passed came through humble beginnings.

Well said! This was in the 1970s while he was still a student in
the US. It couldn't have been
after graduating with Double Honours then getting employed
in a top US consultancy firm.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buratai, Mansur Mohammed Dan-Ali & Wike Meet In Rivers (Photos) / Buhari Waving To The Masses After Inauguration In 2015 Vs 2019 / 10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.