Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,056 members, 7,953,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:02 PM

The Love Grotto - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Love Grotto (77929 Views)

The Love Peddler (18+) / The Love Doctor / The Love Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Love Grotto by Ann2012(f): 2:56pm On Sep 14, 2019
aprilwise:
Nice one. Ruth mom don't want Frank cos of class difference.
My thought too
Re: The Love Grotto by Zamar: 8:25pm On Sep 14, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Re: The Love Grotto by FairCritic(m): 7:06am On Sep 15, 2019
Interesting.
Re: The Love Grotto by Hardes(m): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Re: The Love Grotto by Janet96(f): 9:59pm On Sep 16, 2019
Interesting story
Re: The Love Grotto by Tonyspecial(m): 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2019
Nice Work
Re: The Love Grotto by Janet96(f): 7:13am On Sep 19, 2019
aprilwise:
Nice one. Ruth mom don't want Frank cos of class difference.

Yes.
Re: The Love Grotto by ThrillPlus: 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2019
Nice story.
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 7:39am On Sep 21, 2019
She smiled and opened her bag. I could see that she brought extra cloths along.

‘I intend to sleep here tonight,’ she said. ‘Then, I brought something we could eat along.’

My heart started racing. Her mum said she did not really love me, yet she wanted to sleep in my apartment. How would I reconcile these two variances?

She brought a nylon containing some burger out.
‘I won’t eat much, so this should be okay for us.’

I smiled and nodded. She had saved me yet another trouble.

‘Let me warm it with the micro-wave in the kitchen,’ I said. We went to the kitchen together. At that point, I decided it was time I told her that her mum called me.

‘Your mummy called me on Monday afternoon,’ I started.

She didn’t look surprised. ‘Yes. She said she would like to call you, so I gave her your number.’

I grinned wanly. I could bet Ruth did not know what her mummy said. ‘Did you know what she told me?’

She smiled. ‘I can guess. She told you to be very careful, and not to break my heart.’

I chuckled. My dear Ruth, you’re so wrong, I thought.

‘Do you really love me?’ I asked.

She stopped to stare at me. ‘How could you still ask such a question?’

I shook my head. ‘I’m sorry, but what your mummy said made me to ask.’

She continued to stare at me, in addition to the curiosity that clouded her face. ‘What did she say?’

I sighed, weighing how best to tell her.

‘Tell me,’ she said urgently, ‘what did my mummy tell you?’

I tried to look very sober. ‘She said your love for me is only a fancy; that I shouldn’t think much of this relationship.’

Her mouth was open. There was no doubt she was astonished to hear what I said.

‘Tell me … tell me you’re joking.’

I shook my head a little bit sadly. ‘Honestly, I wished it was a joke, but that was what she said. I was made to believe that this is more of infatuation or something.’

She was silent for several seconds. ‘But how could mum say such a thing? I thought she was happy for me that I’ve found love.’

I sighed but did not say anything. The micro-wave oven chimed. She removed the burger and up put the plate in a small tray. We returned to the sitting-room.

‘I shouldn’t be totally surprised that she said that. I can see it now. When I first told her about you, she asked if I really thought you loved me. I told her yes. She didn’t say anything again, but I can see now that she didn’t believe me.’

I nodded. Somehow, I could not totally blame her mother. Ruth looked like a naïve lady – beautiful, but very innocent. Besides, I could see that her mother was trying very well to protect her daughter.

You can get the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

3 Likes

Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 7:40am On Sep 21, 2019
She smiled and opened her bag. I could see that she brought extra cloths along.

‘I intend to sleep here tonight,’ she said. ‘Then, I brought something we could eat along.’

My heart started racing. Her mum said she did not really love me, yet she wanted to sleep in my apartment. How would I reconcile these two variances?

She brought a nylon containing some burger out.
‘I won’t eat much, so this should be okay for us.’

I smiled and nodded. She had saved me yet another trouble.

‘Let me warm it with the micro-wave in the kitchen,’ I said. We went to the kitchen together. At that point, I decided it was time I told her that her mum called me.

‘Your mummy called me on Monday afternoon,’ I started.

She didn’t look surprised. ‘Yes. She said she would like to call you, so I gave her your number.’

I grinned wanly. I could bet Ruth did not know what her mummy said. ‘Did you know what she told me?’

She smiled. ‘I can guess. She told you to be very careful, and not to break my heart.’

I chuckled. My dear Ruth, you’re so wrong, I thought.

She continued to stare at me, in addition to the curiosity that clouded her face. ‘What did she say?’

I tried to look very sober. ‘She said your love for me is only a fancy; that I shouldn’t think much of this relationship.’

I shook my head a little bit sadly. ‘Honestly, I wished it was a joke, but that was what she said. I was made to believe that this is more of infatuation or something.’

She was silent for several seconds. ‘But how could mum say such a thing? I thought she was happy for me that I’ve found love.’

I sighed but did not say anything. The micro-wave oven chimed. She removed the burger and up put the plate in a small tray. We returned to the sitting-room.

‘I shouldn’t be totally surprised that she said that. I can see it now. When I first told her about you, she asked if I really thought you loved me. I told her yes. She didn’t say anything again, but I can see now that she didn’t believe me.’

I nodded. Somehow, I could not totally blame her mother. Ruth looked like a naïve lady – beautiful, but very innocent. Besides, I could see that her mother was trying very well to protect her daughter.

You can get the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by emeraldlife: 8:58am On Sep 21, 2019
Me cannot wait this long for 350 words per week. Abeg drop the Glo number make I do d needful sharp sharp
Re: The Love Grotto by Gvnl(f): 11:33am On Sep 21, 2019
I can feel your pain. Please I need your glo number as well.

emeraldlife:
Me cannot wait this long for 350 words per week. Abeg drop the Glo number make I do d needful sharp sharp
Re: The Love Grotto by Gvnl(f): 11:34am On Sep 21, 2019
Please I am quite new here(on nairaland) and I must confess that I've been a regular visitor here but I need help with getting the complete books I read. Please I need help. Thank you
Re: The Love Grotto by Ann2012(f): 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2019
Hmm mm, let me keep watching na
Thanks for the update OP
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2019
Gvnl:
Please I am quite new here(on nairaland) and I must confess that I've been a regular visitor here but I need help with getting the complete books I read. Please I need help. Thank you

You are welcome. You can can get the book you are interested in by following the link to the book provided or by contacting the writer's email if the story is available on PDF.

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2019
emeraldlife:

FrankAkowe:

You are welcome. You can can get the book you are interested in by following the link to the book provided or by contacting the writer's email if the story is available on PDF.

Thanks for your your interest. The PDF costs N200 glo recharge pin number to oloruntoyin21@gmail.com or by directly crediting 08113703920
Re: The Love Grotto by FairCritic(m): 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
FrankAkowe:

Nice story.
Re: The Love Grotto by Gvnl(f): 2:55pm On Sep 22, 2019
[Thank You very much
quote author=FrankAkowe post=8243519

You are welcome. You can can get the book you are interested in by following the link to the book provided or by contacting the writer's email if the story is available on PDF.[/quote]
Re: The Love Grotto by Gvnl(f): 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2019
Thank you very much
FrankAkowe:

Re: The Love Grotto by Tonyspecial(m): 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2019
Following
Re: The Love Grotto by Janet96(f): 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2019
Thank you for the update
Re: The Love Grotto by Zamar: 8:38pm On Sep 24, 2019
Nice story.
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 8:37am On Sep 28, 2019

‘It’s okay,’ I said, smiling. ‘I think, like any good mother, she’s just trying to protect her daughter.

She wants you to be very careful and to make the right choice.’

‘So, you think she’s right? You think I’m not capable of falling in love genuinely?’

‘Oh no,’ I quickly answered. ‘I’m not saying that.

I’m only saying that so far, all I can see is a loving mother who does not want her lovely daughter to fall into a wrong hand.’

‘Are you a wrong hand?’

I chuckled again. ‘No, I don’t think so. But, I’m just trying to look at things from her perspectives. Hey, you don’t worry. I know the feelings I have for you are real. Let’s eat.’

I said a short prayer over the meal and we ate, silently. Just as my mind was busy, I supposed that hers was busy too.

After the meal, and after the table was cleared, we sat on the sofa together. I could see that the information about what her mum had said still somehow distressed her. I pulled her to me and tried to make her relax.

I wrapped my left hand on her shoulders.

‘When two people are in love,’ I said, ‘the important thing is they must genuinely be in love. Once their love is real, then they will be able to withstand any pressure or challenge. I love you, Ruth. I can assure you of that.

I really love you, so nothing anybody says can dampen my love. It’s genuine and God knows that.’

I thought she would try to reciprocate what I said. She did not. Instead, her lips came on mine and there was a long, deep kiss.

‘I think Ruth should not be carried away by infatuation,’ I said, quite breathless.

‘You think at twenty-four, she doesn’t know what real love is?’

I smiled. ‘If she were my sister, I’ll advise her to be very sure before giving her heart to a man.’

‘And what if she’s already sure?’

‘In that case, I’ll wish her the best of luck.’

Her lips came again and the kiss resumed. It went for such a long time I wondered if it had become a pastime. All along, I only cuddled her back. Then it occurred to me that she might want more than that. She I take a step further?

My mind said yes so the right hand move slowly but steadily to the bust. It was not the first time that adventurous hand would be making that trip.

Unlike the previous attempt at exploring that region, the hostess was receptive this time around. As a fact, the hand was warmly welcome. That was a good encouragement. The other hand was invited for full exploration. She yielded all along.

I took her to the bedroom and we had first most intimate moments together.

‘What made you change your mind?’ I asked afterwards. We were naked under the blanket and she still cuddled up to me, stroking my chest.

‘Why did you think I changed my mind?’ she parried.

I appeared in thought momentarily. ‘I guess it’s because I’m a handsome guy.’

She playfully smacked my chest. ‘You’re wrong. Try again.’

I smiled. ‘Maybe it’s because I go to church regularly.’

She chuckled. ‘Nope. Being religious has nothing to do with it.’

I sighed. ‘Alright, I give up. Tell me the reason.’

She took her time before saying: ‘I’ve realized that the two of us are truly in love.’

I was enamored to that statement. I forgot all the reservations expressed by her mother and went on to have another round of love-making with her. We had a blissful night together.

Early in the morning, we woke up, took our bath and dressed up for our different places of work. For the remaining part of the week, thinking about my moments of intimacy with Ruth made me glow.

That Saturday, I was supposed to visit Ruth again at the Ikeja G.R.A residence. In the morning while I dressed up, I realized that I must really look my best anytime I paid her a visit.

I wore my best shirt and one of the new trousers she gave me. I also wore the black brogues and used the perfume. I was about to step out of my apartment when my phone rang.

I was surprised to find that it was Ms. Judith that was calling.

‘Hello, Francis.’

‘Good morning, madam. How’s the weekend?’

‘Ah, the weekend is good o,’ she replied gleefully. ‘I’m really happy.’

I wondered the source of her happiness. ‘I’m happy for you, madam,’ I said without thinking much about what I had said.

‘Yes, you should be. I’m at that hospital and I’ve just got the medical report that I’m three weeks pregnant. Oh, Francis, thank you so much.’

The smile froze on my face. ‘I’m …I’m happy for you, madam,’ I managed to say.

‘Yes o. I just called to inform you and to say thank you once again.’

You can get the full download: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

2 Likes

Re: The Love Grotto by Tonyspecial(m): 10:01am On Sep 28, 2019
FrankAkowe:

‘It’s okay,’ I said, smiling. ‘I think, like any good mother, she’s just trying to protect her daughter.

She wants you to be very careful and to make the right choice.’

‘So, you think she’s right? You think I’m not capable of falling in love genuinely?’

‘Oh no,’ I quickly answered. ‘I’m not saying that.

I’m only saying that so far, all I can see is a loving mother who does not want her lovely daughter to fall into a wrong hand.’

‘Are you a wrong hand?’

I chuckled again. ‘No, I don’t think so. But, I’m just trying to look at things from her perspectives. Hey, you don’t worry. I know the feelings I have for you are real. Let’s eat.’

I said a short prayer over the meal and we ate, silently. Just as my mind was busy, I supposed that hers was busy too.

After the meal, and after the table was cleared, we sat on the sofa together. I could see that the information about what her mum had said still somehow distressed her. I pulled her to me and tried to make her relax.

I wrapped my left hand on her shoulders.

‘When two people are in love,’ I said, ‘the important thing is they must genuinely be in love. Once their love is real, then they will be able to withstand any pressure or challenge. I love you, Ruth. I can assure you of that.

I really love you, so nothing anybody says can dampen my love. It’s genuine and God knows that.’

I thought she would try to reciprocate what I said. She did not. Instead, her lips came on mine and there was a long, deep kiss.

‘I think Ruth should not be carried away by infatuation,’ I said, quite breathless.

I smiled. ‘If she were my sister, I’ll advise her to be very sure before giving her heart to a man.’

Her lips came again and the kiss resumed. It went for such a long time I wondered if it had become a pastime. All along, I only cuddled her back. Then it occurred to me that she might want more than that. She I take a step further?

My mind said yes so the right hand move slowly but steadily to the bust. It was not the first time that adventurous hand would be making that trip.

Unlike the previous attempt at exploring that region, the hostess was receptive this time around. As a fact, the hand was warmly welcome. That was a good encouragement. The other hand was invited for full exploration. She yielded all along.

‘What made you change your mind?’ I asked afterwards. We were naked under the blanket and she still cuddled up to me, stroking my chest.

She took her time before saying: ‘I’ve realized that the two of us are truly in love.’

I was enamored to that statement. I forgot all the reservations expressed by her mother and went on to have another round of love-making with her. We had a blissful night together.

Early in the morning, we woke up, took our bath and dressed up for our different places of work. For the remaining part of the week, thinking about my moments of intimacy with Ruth made me glow.

That Saturday, I was supposed to visit Ruth again at the Ikeja G.R.A residence. In the morning while I dressed up, I realized that I must really look my best anytime I paid her a visit.

I wore my best shirt and one of the new trousers she gave me. I also wore the black brogues and used the perfume. I was about to step out of my apartment when my phone rang.

‘Hello, Francis.’

I wondered the source of her happiness. ‘I’m happy for you, madam,’ I said without thinking much about what I had said.

‘Yes, you should be. I’m at that hospital and I’ve just got the medical report that I’m three weeks pregnant. Oh, Francis, thank you so much.’

You can get the full download: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460
Thank u too
Re: The Love Grotto by Tonyspecial(m): 10:02am On Sep 28, 2019
Nice one bro
Re: The Love Grotto by Jennymaryjane01(f): 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2019
You guys and the way you quote the whole story, not fair please try n minimize it its annoying

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Love Grotto by decent101(m): 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2019
Jennymaryjane01:
You guys and the way you quote the whole story, not fair please try n minimize it its annoying
it'z really annoyin wlh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Love Grotto by Ibunkun1(m): 12:36am On Sep 29, 2019
Kai
Re: The Love Grotto by mokoh(m): 12:38am On Sep 29, 2019
FrankAkowe:

How long will it take after I send u the card

Thanks for your your interest. The PDF costs N200 glo recharge pin number to oloruntoyin21@gmail.com or by directly crediting 08113703920

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by FairCritic(m): 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2019
Nice story.
Re: The Love Grotto by Zamar: 1:03pm On Oct 01, 2019
FrankAkowe:

‘Hello, Francis.’

Congrats wink
Re: The Love Grotto by Zamar: 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
FrankAkowe:

‘Hello, Francis.’

Congrats wink

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny / Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / The Devils Touch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.