Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,157 members, 7,953,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:04 PM

The Love Grotto - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Love Grotto (77934 Views)

The Love Peddler (18+) / The Love Doctor / The Love Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Love Grotto by 198800Mam(m): 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2019
THIS YOUR UPDATE IS ALWAY TAKING AGES...KIP IT COMING
Re: The Love Grotto by Zamar: 6:49am On Oct 24, 2019
Nice update.
Re: The Love Grotto by Janet96(f): 9:25am On Oct 25, 2019
FrankAkowe:

After leaving Ruth and the head office of Saturn Oil, I went back to Apezlinks at Ikeja. As soon as I entered Ms. Aka’s office, she smiled at me.

‘I was about to call you,’ she said.
‘How’re you, now? Have you taken some treatment?’

‘Good morning, madam. I’m here to tell you the truth.’

She looked at me curiously. ‘What’re you talking about?’

I sat on one of the visitors’ seats, but moved closer to her. ‘I’m sorry, ma’am, there was nothing wrong with me. I lied because I had an appointment to keep.’

She looked disappointed. ‘But you could have told me that. What appointment?’

You can get the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

Interesting read.
Re: The Love Grotto by emonis88: 11:38am On Oct 25, 2019
Ann2012:
First to comment
Seat claimed
U take am collect money for bank?
Re: The Love Grotto by Wirelessmic(m): 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2019
Very interesting storyline
Re: The Love Grotto by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2019
Interesting
Read Romance and love story on

www.emperorblog.com.ng
Re: The Love Grotto by Legendguru: 4:11pm On Oct 25, 2019
Oh
Re: The Love Grotto by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2019
Still waiting oh... The story is very interesting
Re: The Love Grotto by chiboyo(m): 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2019
Awesome read....

Feed me more!
Feed me more!!
Feed me more!!!

1 Like

Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 9:28am On Oct 26, 2019
After leaving Ruth and the head office of Saturn Oil, I went back to Apezlinks at Ikeja. As soon as I entered Ms. Aka’s office, she smiled at me.

‘I was about to call you,’ she said.

‘How’re you, now? Have you taken some treatment?’

‘Good morning, madam. I’m here to tell you the truth.’

She looked at me curiously. ‘What’re you talking about?’

I sat on one of the visitors’ seats, but moved closer to her. ‘I’m sorry, ma’am, there was nothing wrong with me. I lied because I had an appointment to keep.’

She looked disappointed. ‘But you could have told me that. What appointment?’

‘I had an appointment with the Chief Executive Officer of Saturn oil and Gas Company. The good news is that the interview session was successful.’

‘And the bad news was that you’re leaving, I suppose.’

I nodded. ‘Yes, madam. I’ll be dropping my letter of resignation in a matter of minutes.’
‘You’re leaving me, just like that?’

I was surprised by that utterance. I thought I was resigning from the company. Why was she personalizing it?

‘Er … I’ll be calling you, ma’am,’ I put in.

‘Of course, you must. All the same, I’m going to miss you.’

‘Yes, I’ll surely miss you and the office too.’

One hour later, I dropped my letter of resignation. I packed my personal effects from the office, bade my former colleagues good bye and left the Apezlinks Advertising Company.

I went home to prepare for my resumption at Sagamu the following day. Early on Tuesday morning, I left my Agege residence and took a bus to Ketu. From Ketu garage, it was easy to get Sagamu. Before eight o’clock, I was at the Depot office at Sagamu.

Kabir, the Assistant Manager welcomed me.
‘I’ve been informed you’re coming, Mr. Akowe,’ he said, while I nodded. ‘You’re welcome.’

‘Thank you.’

He removed his right hand glove and I shook hands warmly with him. He seemed to be a likeable fellow, and I instantly took a liking to him. I was taken to my office.

It was a cozy place, but everything there smelt new.

‘I was instructed to give you some working information on the operations of an oil depot,’ Kabir went on.’

I nodded and sat on the comfortable leather seat.

He sat across the table. ‘An oil depot such as this is a kind of terminal for the convenient transfer of oil and chemical products into road tankers for distribution to fuel stations. We are involved in the storage and distribution of refined oil products like petrol, diesel, kerosene and even domestic gas.’

I nodded. This was going to be fascinating after all.

‘Right now, out total oil capacity is two million liters, but we’re still hoping to build a bigger depot in the nearest future. Saturn oil is still expanding. You will learn more as time goes on, but let me tell you a bit about safety. In this industry, safety is our key word. The use of powerful equipment, flammable chemicals and processes can easily lead to deadly incidents.

‘We have hazards like vehicle collisions, explosions and fire outbreak, falls, ergonomic hazards, electrical hazards, machine and equipment hazards and so on. Of course, we have various safety protections which include eye and head protection,’ – he touched the helmet he was putting on, - ‘face protection, foot protection, hand protection and so on.

We try to uphold all these safety measures to prevent casualties.’

I studied him carefully. Apart from the helmet he was wearing, he also wore hand gloves on his hands and boots to cover his feet. His cloth was jeans and t-shirt.

Obviously, my suit and tie would not be suitable for a place like this. Here, I would have to be down-to-earth.

By eight-fifteen, all the staffers had arrived. They were summoned and I was introduced as the new Depot Manager. Briefly, I told them I needed their cooperation and dedication. Indolence or tardiness would not be tolerated.

After that, Kabir took me round the equipment and the facilities at the depot premises. I had no doubt that Otunba must have invested billions of naira to have that company on ground.

We soon got down to work, supervising the in-coming downloading and out-going uploading of petroleum products.

The smell of gasoline and other products filled the air. Luridly, I imagined the situation if that place should be on fire. Oh, boy, that would be like a miniature of hell. Such an inferno was unimaginable.

You can download full story: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

4 Likes

Re: The Love Grotto by 198800Mam(m): 9:43am On Oct 26, 2019
SHORT UPDATE, KIP IT COMING
Re: The Love Grotto by Ann2012(f): 10:16am On Oct 26, 2019
Let's see how he copes in his new place of work

Thanks for the update
Re: The Love Grotto by Zamar: 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
Nice story.
Re: The Love Grotto by emonis88: 1:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
Op how can u send the PDF file to me n I pay u through recharge card?
Re: The Love Grotto by onihaxy: 2:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
Following
Re: The Love Grotto by emonis88: 8:11pm On Oct 27, 2019
More!
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 8:15am On Oct 28, 2019
emonis88:

Thanks for your interest. The book is available on Okadabooks for now.
Re: The Love Grotto by FairCritic(m): 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nice story.
Re: The Love Grotto by Tonyspecial(m): 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2019
Loving It
Re: The Love Grotto by superjaks(m): 8:39am On Oct 30, 2019
I love the suspense...keep the good work Mr Akowe
Re: The Love Grotto by mtmboss: 8:58am On Oct 30, 2019
Can I send the recharge for this book
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 9:55am On Oct 30, 2019
superjaks:
I love the suspense...keep the good work Mr Akowe
Wirelessmic:

Tonyspecial:
Loving It
Wirelessmic:

Thanks for the compliments.
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 10:01am On Oct 30, 2019
emonis88:

mtmboss:
Can I send the recharge for this book
emonis88:

You can send glo recharge pin of N200 or recharge 08113703920 glo
Re: The Love Grotto by emonis88: 6:42pm On Oct 30, 2019
FrankAkowe:

You can send glo recharge pin of N200 or recharge 08113703920 glo

How il u send the PDF file?
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 9:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
emonis88:

How il u send the PDF file?

Send the pin to oloruntoyin21@gmail.com. You will get the pdf through the email.
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 10:18am On Nov 01, 2019
The smell of gasoline and other products filled the air. Luridly, I imagined the situation if that place should be on fire. Oh, boy, that would be like a miniature of hell. Such an inferno was unimaginable.

By 1.00 p.m., a mini-van was driven inside the premises. Kabir explained that the caterer contracted for providing lunch to the workers usually delivered the meal by that time of the day. All the workers enjoyed free lunch. When I tasted the food brought to my office, I could see that the caterer was not a bad choice. After my lunch, I called Ruth.

‘My dear, how’re you?’
I'm
‘Sorry, I’ve been busy since morning,’ she said. ‘If not, I would have called you. How’s your new working place?’

‘It’s exciting, but I’m still learning. We’ve been quite busy, too.’

‘You like the job?’

I chuckled. Would I ever say I didn’t like it? ‘Sure. As I said, it’s quite exciting.’

‘I’m glad to hear that.’

‘It’s a great opportunity to work in a place like this.’

‘Ah, thank God for that,’ she said and giggled.

‘People in Apezlinks will miss you, especially Ms. Aka.’

My heart started pounding. Why did Ruth mention Madam Judith’s name?

‘Yes, they will all miss me,’ I said tightly.

We chatted a bit more before we cut off connection. Somehow, I was becoming unsettled about Ms. Judith. Now that my baby was growing in her womb, I felt perhaps I shouldn’t have agreed to her proposition.

What would be the reaction of Ruth if she got to know? Was it not like having a child outside matrimonial home? But you are not yet married to her, for God’s sake, my mind chided me.

Even if she got to know after we had married, I could easily argue that I only donated the semen to her; that there was never a sexual affair between us. Besides, it happened before the relationship between Ruth and I blossomed.

After the lunch break, work continued in earnest. Towards four o’clock, Otunba called my line.

‘How’re you finding the job?’ he asked without the luxury of exchange of pleasantries.

‘The job is fine, sir. Good day, sir.’

‘Yeah, good day. See, instead of you shuffling between Lagos and Sagamu every day, you can be putting up in the company’s residential block there at Sagamu.’

Really? I didn’t know such a thing existed. ‘Yes, sir.’

‘Ask Kabir about it.’

‘Yes, sir. Thank you …’

The man had already hanged up. Phew!
Kabir later confirmed the residential block.

‘It’s a storey building that had about twenty rooms all together. An interested member of staff is entitled to a room there.’

I nodded. ‘I will need to know the place. Although, I’ll be going back to Lagos today, I may put up in one of the rooms from tomorrow.’

The official closing time was five p.m. After closing, Kabir drove me to the place in his Peugeot 604. If my assistant could be using such a sleek car, there was no doubt that sooner than later, I needed to have a car for myself.

The residential block along Ijebu-Ode road turned out to be a recently completed storey building. Four of the members of staff were staying there. As for Kabir, he said he lived in a two-bedroom flat in Sagamu. It was either I relocated from my apartment in Agege, Lagos; or I would have to manage the one-room apartment that the place could offer me.

I wouldn’t know how long my sojourn in Sagamu would be, so I ruled off renting a flat in Sagamu. I would just accept this offer for now and watch how things would turn out to be.

‘Okay, I will take a room here for now,’ I said.

I decided to take the first room by the right on the ground floor. It meant I would be sharing the toilet and bath-room with the other two occupants on the ground floor, but I didn’t mind.

Taking the room would save me a lot of hassles and stresses, and that fact was what mattered.

You can get the full story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

3 Likes

Re: The Love Grotto by izaray(f): 11:22am On Nov 01, 2019
Well done dear
Re: The Love Grotto by Ann2012(f): 11:59am On Nov 01, 2019
I'm just waiting for the kasala to burst
Thanks for the update
Re: The Love Grotto by indodon(m): 4:55am On Nov 02, 2019
enjoying dis ....
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 7:38am On Nov 03, 2019
izaray:
Well done dear

indodon:
enjoying dis ....

Ann2012:
I'm just waiting for the kasala to burst
Thanks for the update

Thanks for your interests.
Re: The Love Grotto by Tonyspecial(m): 6:10pm On Nov 05, 2019
Nice One
Re: The Love Grotto by FrankAkowe: 8:26am On Nov 09, 2019
I decided to take the first room by the right on the ground floor. It meant I would be sharing the toilet and bath-room with the other two occupants on the ground floor, but I didn’t mind. Taking the room would save me a lot of hassles and stressed, and that fact was what mattered.

I soon left Sagamu back for Lagos. It was after nine in the evening when I entered my flat in Agege. There was simply no way I would be engaging my body and soul in this kind of energy-sapping shuffling every day, Monday to Saturday.

The following morning, I took three jeans trousers, two chinos trousers, three t-shirts and some other semi-casual wears when I left for Sagamu. A new phase of life had begun.

I called Ruth to let her know that I would not be returning to Lagos until Saturday afternoon and explained where I would be staying.

‘I understand, Frank, but be careful over there.’

‘Yes, I’ll be, darling. I can assure you of that.’

‘I love you,’ she cooed.

‘I love you too my sweetheart.’

‘Alright, have a nice day.’

‘And you too.’

I soon immersed myself in the work. At closing time, I went to the new abode. There was already a bed and a wardrobe in the room. That was okay by me.

As I would be eating out, I only needed the place to sleep and keep my few things; a place of convenience.

On Saturday afternoon, I returned to Lagos. Wow, what an exciting week it was. Ruth soon came around. We hugged as if I had been away for a long time.

‘I missed you, darling,’ she said.

‘I terribly missed you, my baby.’

She was with me till Sunday morning when she left. I dressed up and went to church. After the service, I went to explain the nature of my new job to the pastor and why I would not be coming for the mid-week service. I also explained that my new schedule would affect my coming to the church on Saturday.

‘I can understand,’ he replied. ‘The Lord be with you. You just remember to always be faithful to God and our Lord Jesus anywhere you find yourself.’

‘Thank you, sir.’

‘Let’s pray.’

He gave me a short prayer. I thanked him very well before I left. My activities the following week were like the previous one. I could see that I was learning fast on the job.

On Saturday morning, I was at work by eight in the morning. Later that day, I would be returning to Lagos. About ten o’clock, Kabir brought a man to my office.

‘This man is from the head office,’ he announced.

‘Good day, sir,’ the man greeted.

I looked at him enquiringly. ‘Good morning.’

‘I was sent by the Chairman to give you this envelope.’

It was a bulky one and I wondered what was inside. Certainly, it couldn’t be parcel bomb, I thought macabrely.

‘Good bye, sir,’ the man said and turned to go.

‘Wait.’ How could he think he would just go like that? If there was anything hazardous about what he had brought, we would all be the victims.

I opened the envelope and brought out the contents. There were documents and a key that looked like a car’s own. There was no message in it.

‘I don’t understand this,’ I said.

‘The car is outside,’ the guy said.

‘What car? What are you talking about?’

‘Oga said I should drive the car here and hand the envelope to you.’

‘I still don’t understand.’ I decided to call Otunba.

‘Good morning, sir. A guy brought a big envelope and said he was just to deliver it to me, and I don’t understand.’

‘Yeah,’ he replied. ‘That’s your official car. Have a nice day.’

Official car? I was elated. ‘Ah, thank you so much sir. I really appreciate this, sir.’

‘Yeah. I hope you’ll be dedicated to your work.’

‘Certainly, sir. I’ll put in my very best.’

‘Have a nice day.’

‘Yes, sir. And you too, sir.’

He cut the line. I whistled to myself.

‘Where’s the car?’ I asked the guy. I followed him out of the office to the sun shine. There, beside a tanker was a Toyota Highlander. It looked new and solid.

‘This is good. The Chairman has done well to send this,’ I said, half to myself.

‘Congrats, oga,’ Kabir said.

I smiled and nodded at him. ‘Thanks.’

‘I’m on my way, now,’ the guy said.

‘Sorry, I didn’t even ask for your name,’ I said apologetically.

‘Tony,’ he replied.

‘Thanks, Tony. Here, let me give you something for transport.’

‘That has been taken care of, sir,’ he said quickly.

‘I know. All the same, have this to buy some drinks.’ I fished out two thousand naira from my wallet and gave it to him.

‘Thanks, sir.’

‘You’re welcome.’

It was going to be an exciting weekend, wasn’t it? But then, I could not drive yet. I would have to learn that fast. For now, the car remained in the premises of Saturn Oil Company. I couldn’t wait to get back to Lagos before sharing the news with Ruth.

You can get the full download: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_love_grotto/28460

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny / Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / The Devils Touch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.