Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer (37997 Views)

Air Peace Takes Delivery Of Second Brand New E195- E2 Aircraft / Air Peace Takes Buys E195-E2 Aircraft (Photos) / Airpeace Embraer E195-E2 Jet Was On Display At The Dubaiairshow2019(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Babaflenjor: 9:07pm On Apr 03, 2019
iamJ:
I pray say na brand new

2nd hand, air peace will be buying old planes and be forming modern

We know all these things na

Their recent 777 na year 2000 version

Africa na dumping ground for old planes, only ethiopian airlines have new planes in Africa
u are a fool

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by fx45(m): 9:09pm On Apr 03, 2019
RTSC:
What is your purpose in life?
The idiot has no purpose in life. It's a known fact

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Duru009(m): 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2019
These guys should be careful so that thy will not run into debt
Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Kennydoc(m): 9:14pm On Apr 03, 2019
ItzBIM:

BA and virgin Atlantic

medview stopped a while ago.
Oh, Virgin! Alright.
Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2019
nonsobaba:
Anambra leading the Igbo race since 12 B.C.

Air Peace is also a strong APGA chieftain.
Shut up oga!!!!

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by nickxtra(m): 9:28pm On Apr 03, 2019
Anambralstson:
West and Central Africa’s biggest airline, Air Peace today (Wednesday) set a continental record with a firm order for 10 brand new Embraer 195-E2 aircraft. The deal which was unveiled today (Wednesday) during Embraer Business Meeting with the Aviation World in Port Louis, Mauritius, makes Air Peace the first to order the brand of jets in the whole of Africa, thereby becoming the official launch customer of the brand of aircraft in Africa.

The order comprises purchase rights for a further 20 E195-E2 jets. The aircraft is a 124 seater jet in dual class and 146-seater jet in single class configurations respectively. With all purchase rights exercised, the contract has a value of US$2.12 billion based on current list prices.The carrier also set a regional record in September 2018 when it ordered 10 brand new aircraft from Boeing, increasing its fleet size then to about 37 aircraft. With the new order, Air Peace’s fleet size has increased to 67 aircraft. Shortly before the firm order for 10 brand new aircraft from Boeing, Air Peace set a domestic record as the first Nigerian airline to acquire and register the Boeing 777 aircraft in the country.

Three of the four wide-body aircraft it acquired for its long-haul operations to Dubai, Sharjah, Johannesburg, London, Houston, Guangzhou and Mumbai have so far been delivered
Speaking on the latest order in faraway Port Louis, Air Peace Chairman/Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Allen Onyema said: “Embraer’s new E195-E2 presents us with a marvel of economic performance. It’s also great that we will be the first E2 operator on the African continent. We already have the ERJ145s in our fleet, so we understand the high standards of Embraer products.”

The E195-E2 aircraft, he said, would strengthen Air Peace’s drive to deploy the right kinds of aircraft to underserved and unserved domestic and regional routes under its no-city-left-behind project. Onyema thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for creating an enabling environment for the growth of aviation in Nigeria through waving customs duties on commercial aircraft, engines and spares as well as granting value-added tax (VAT) waiver. “Without these noble gestures from my President (Muhammadu Buhari),” he said, “Air Peace would not have been able to achieve this growth. Thank you very much, Mr. President”. For his part, Vice President, Sales Africa, Embraer Commercial Aviation, Mr. Raul Villaron said: “Air Peace embodies the kind of pioneering spirit Embraer loves. The airline was established to bring highly skilled work opportunities to the people of Nigeria, boosting connectivity, and therefore the economy, in the region. Air Peace has delivered on both aims, while at the same time developing a fast-growing successful airline. It’s great to have them on board.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/04/breaking-news-air-peace-orders-30-brand-new-e195-e2-jets-in-2-1bn-deal-with-embraer/

Which Nigerian politician is behind Air Peace. The person is only using Chief Onyema as a front
Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Akabuking: 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2019
iamJ:
wetin air Peace mean?

Peace in the air? cheesy

See name, with una 2nd hand Danfo, na air pollution Dem suppose call that airline

With their made in onisha headphones that dey give long haul passengers
oga 80%of your people that fly makes use of Air peace, So chill.
Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Akabuking: 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2019
nonsobaba:

Air Peace is also a strong APGA chieftain.
people like you are the reason why Igbo's aren't united. Always forming superiority.

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Akabuking: 9:36pm On Apr 03, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Air Peace and Peace Mass Transit. Anything in common?
no.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Akabuking: 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2019
Hedonisst:
Who is financing the acquisition?
google it.
Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by masseratti: 9:40pm On Apr 03, 2019
RTSC:
Embraer is a Brazilian company.

Brazil that was at the same level with Nigeria at a point in our history is now among the big boys in aerospace engineering.

oga please stop that thing, Brazil. And Nigeria were never at the same level after the Inquisition. Go and read your history.
Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 03, 2019
Anambralstson:

You guys hate can't stop us that's is why I luv my people grin grin
They don't fly. Where will they fly to when lagos is their home and abroad and ogun, oyo, osun and eketi is not their state but their brothers.
Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by djon78(m): 9:44pm On Apr 03, 2019
Akabuking:
oga 80%of your people that fly makes use of Air peace, So chill.

Yes that's the only efficient airline in Nigeria.
Sometimes I ask whether truly it is owned by a Nigerian. There services are excellent top notch. Keep to time. There booking perfect. There flights cool. They have the highest number of passengers. If you are at the airport, it is only there flight that pulls crowd.
Honestly the guy has truly tried big time

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Asour: 9:54pm On Apr 03, 2019
RTSC:

Reinforces the theory that blacks cannot build anything worthwhile.

It's very hard but I think we can. In fact, a number of inventions/innovations in history have been made possible through the contributions of unmentioned blacks.

However, blacks have it(have made it, in some cases) tough for themselves through perennially inept leaderships. Innovations in Developed countries build upon the shoulders of older innovators/leaders because there's only so much one can achieve in a lifetime. Building upon the work of others is the most effective way to ensure continued progress.

This requires selfless leadership at many points in a Nations quest for growth.
God help us all.
Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Akabuking: 9:57pm On Apr 03, 2019
djon78:

Yes that's the only efficient airline in Nigeria.
Sometimes I ask whether truly it is owned by a Nigerian. There services are excellent top notch. Keep to time. There booking perfect. There flights cool. They have the highest number of passengers. If you are at the airport, it is only there flight that pulls crowd.
Honestly the guy has truly tried big time
the man is passionate about his business, he knows the in and out of the business. Interestingly this was the same man that was almost denied license to fly on our space, he has redefined and created thousands of jobs directly and indirectly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Myself2(m): 9:57pm On Apr 03, 2019
I like the aircraft,,,,each passenger sits on his seat without being bugged by the ones sitting close to them

Sharp man Mr Onyema, as Boeing max is having issues, Allen Onyema don dodge from Boeing at least for now

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Benosky011(m): 10:07pm On Apr 03, 2019
The last time I flew with Air Peace, it was hell.
The plane was clearly obsolete.
But I had faith in God. After all it was a 45-50mins journey from Lagos to Owerri.

I hope that some of these new fleets will be deployed for domestic services.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Masterclass32: 10:09pm On Apr 03, 2019
Air Peace taking airline business in Nigeria to new heights. More grease to their already well greased elbow.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Donjazzy12(m): 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2019
iamJ:
I pray say na brand new

2nd hand, air peace will be buying old planes and be forming modern

We know all these things na

Their recent 777 na year 2000 version

Africa na dumping ground for old planes, only ethiopian airlines have new planes in Africa
You mean the actual Ethiopian Airliner where hundreds perished the other day? You no well!

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by stagger: 10:19pm On Apr 03, 2019
Bighead9:
I no trust this Air Peace at all. I hope they have nothing in common with Peace Mass Transit, the Transport Company whose Cars are frequently involved in Road accidents?

Do you even know where airport is?

3 Likes

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Germannig: 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
nonsobaba:

I hope you do know also that 99% of Igbos caught committing crimes abroad are from Anambra?
Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by djon78(m): 10:22pm On Apr 03, 2019
Akabuking:
the man is passionate about his business, he knows the in and out of the business. Interestingly this was the same man that was almost denied license to fly on our space, he has redefined and created thousands of jobs directly and indirectly.

True the man has created plenty jobs. I was in Abuja airport 3 weeks ago and I saw a lot of young people working for the company, the same thing in Lagos airport.

That he was denied licence is a blessing. One of the things I have discovered is that denying a person something intensifies the desire and passion. And when you get that thing you value it. But when things come easily, there is no deep value for that thing. And this is the major problem we have in this country. Most of the people that got things, was on a platter of gold so no value to things. The same way when they run businesses, no passion along the line it dies. The sweetness and value for things comes as a result of denial and hardships we faced before getting that thing.
And that is what happened to this air peace man

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Bighead9: 10:22pm On Apr 03, 2019
stagger:

Do you even know where airport is?

Weting this one dey talk?

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by manny4life(m): 10:25pm On Apr 03, 2019
As much as this is a welcome development, I would caution that they ease out on buying new airplanes aggressively. This is how many airlines went bankrupt due to cash pledged in the purchase of new airplanes, and the most recent which is WOW airlines.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by ubox: 10:37pm On Apr 03, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
This is what I am talking about! Good statement.., please you guys should run Arik out of the business in Nigeria!!
Lol, Arik was once like this, wonder where it all went wrong
Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by PAQ(m): 11:24pm On Apr 03, 2019
Nice move. The E195-E2 was showcased 2017 and introduced April 2018. Even if na tokunboh AirPeace buy, its way better than the 20- 30 something year old air-coffins we have been flying for years.
Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Akabuking: 11:34pm On Apr 03, 2019
djon78:

True the man has created plenty jobs. I was in Abuja airport 3 weeks ago and I saw a lot of young people working for the company, the same thing in Lagos airport.

That he was denied licence is a blessing. One of the things I have discovered is that denying a person something intensifies the desire and passion. And when you get that thing you value it. But when things come easily, there is no deep value for that thing. And this is the major problem we have in this country. Most of the people that got things, was on a platter of gold so no value to things. The same way when they run businesses, no passion along the line it dies. The sweetness and value for things comes as a result of denial and hardships we faced before getting that thing.
And that is what happened to this air peace man
Very true bro, no pain no gain. to cap it all, the man is very humble, I know the man too well, he is from my local government (ihiala) but he is from mbosi. Always donating millions to church and other charitable course. you dare not snatch a poor widows land without him reacting.

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by kernel001: 12:30am On Apr 04, 2019
bjtinz:
NA wa O. The wey this man dey expand, I no understand again. Go to any airport over 90% of traffic are for airpeace. kudos to the man sha

Are you joking?
Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by kernel001: 12:34am On Apr 04, 2019
Chartey:

I believe there's a large foreign investor. I suspect the Asians, they're the ones who prefer to let the local partner make all the noise so people think it's indigenous. Look at Ethiopian Airlines for instance.

My dear, lots of Igbos are mega rich, but wouldn't make noise to avoid government coming after them.

The first place I worked while doing my IT years again, my Boss and his partner makes an average profit of over 2 billion every year, he's not loud, so... You wouldn't know him.

3 Likes

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Funnyguy83: 1:00am On Apr 04, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Air Peace and Peace Mass Transit. Anything in common?
no sir !
Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by manny4life(m): 1:34am On Apr 04, 2019
kernel001:

My dear, lots of Igbos are mega rich, but wouldn't make noise to avoid government coming after them.

The first place I worked while doing my IT years again, my Boss and his partner makes an average profit of over 2 billion every year, he's not loud, so... You wouldn't know him.

If according to you, they make N2billion a year, and most businesses net about 5-8% net profit margin, then it's fair to say that revenues are in excess of N35billion annually, or about N3billion monthly. I'm sorry, that's not the type of business that's under the radar that govt cannot come after them. Even Air Peace doesn't net $100 million annual revenues yet it's a well known aviation company.

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Orders 30 Brand New E195-E2 Jets In $2.1bn Deal With Embraer by Senator4real: 3:37am On Apr 04, 2019
Liers everywhere. Peace airlines ordered for only 10 aircrafts from Embraer.
Please check the site here
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_E-Jet_E2_family

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad / Safety Tips Whenever You Visit A Hotel / Aircraft Model Used By Wigwe Crashed 5 Times In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.