Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad (37841 Views)

My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey / Why Are Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity / Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by SirToby(m): 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
Good evening friends.
I was going through this thread yesterday and the writer clearly advised any new immigrant to stay from Nigerian churches abroad in other to avoid drama and Toxicity.

https://www.nairaland.com/6328171/sad-truths-living-abroad

Please I want people to share the experiences with Nigerian churches abroad.

I am planing to travel out before this year runs out and I needs to be well informed with regards to churches.
Relocating to UK (london) has never been part of my plan due to high population of Nigerians residing there. Why should I leave Nigeria for another country with high concentration of Nigerians. It makes no difference anymore.

Please kindly help us share your experiences with Nigerian churches abroad. Thanks

Cc: DisGuy, justwise

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 21, 2021
Okay I never comot for this country before so I will join you and wait for those who have grin

But you may like this

https://www.nairaland.com/5739365/uk-used-laptops-available-here

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by ednut1(m): 4:57pm On Jan 21, 2021
Den of gossips and envy, people nacking each other's wives/ husband, competition and back biting, pastors always want to milk you with different tithes and some have awards and special callouts for highest tithers ( na there you go know say mr sola doesn't have a mortgage but went to buy an expensive car, sister Mary is an assylum seeker using female genital mutilation formats, bro Kenneth married an old mama for papers bla bla bla)

The good side- socialization (abroad life is lonely), invites to birthday, naming and weddings etc.

Oyinbo churches are somewhat calm, they are not tithe and offering obsessed, everyone minds their own businesses.

Source - used to attend one in Birmingham back in 2006 with my mother . Stopped being religious shortly after that grin. Na scam

225 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by SirToby(m): 5:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
ednut1:
Den of gossips and envy, people nacking each other's wives/ husband, competition and back biting, pastors always want to milk you with different tithes and some have awards and special callouts for highest tithes.

The good side- socialization (abroad life is lonely), invites to birthday, naming and weddings etc.

Oyinbo churches are somewhat calm, they are not tithe and offering obsessed, everyone minds their own businesses. I had the chance of relocating to London 3 years ago but I turned it down when I discovered Nigerians have already saturated the place. I think white churches will be better while still being connected to few good Nigerians abroad

Source - used to attend one in Birmingham back in 2006 with my mother . Stopped being religious shortly after that grin. Na scam
That's shocking! Same Nigeria mentality manifesting abroad.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by SirToby(m): 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
ednut1:
Den of gossips and envy, people nacking each other's wives/ husband, competition and back biting, pastors always want to milk you with different tithes and some have awards and special callouts for highest tithes.

Oyinbo churches are somewhat calm, they are not tithe and offering obsessed, everyone minds their own businesses. I had the chance of relocating to London 3 years ago but I turned it down when I discovered Nigerians have already saturated the place. I think white churches will be better while still being connected to few good Nigerians abroad

That's shocking! Same Nigeria mentality manifesting abroad. I had the chance of relocating to London 2 years ago. but I turned it down when I discovered Nigerians are all over the place. What's the point of leaving Lagos for another Lagos Phase II (London). I think I will prefer white churches will still keeping in touch with few good Nigerians

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by ednut1(m): 5:17pm On Jan 21, 2021
SirToby:

That's shocking! Same Nigeria mentality manifesting abroad. I had the chance of relocating to London 2 years ago. but I turned it down when I discovered Nigerians are all over the place. What's the point of leaving Lagos for another Lagos Phase II (London). I think I will prefer white churches will still keeping in touch with few good Nigerians
sorry you are not making sense. Nigerians in London are not up to 3% of the total population there. Who goes abroad thinking about how many of his country men are there Abeg

417 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by SirToby(m): 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2021
ednut1:
sorry you are not making sense. Nigerians in London are not up to 3% of the total population there. Who goes abroad thinking about how many of his country men are there Abeg
Based on my research, London is the number one city where the highest population of Nigerians can be found. Anyways, I've never been a fan of London

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Brightfab(m): 5:32pm On Jan 21, 2021
SirToby:

Based on my research, London is the number one city where the highest population of Nigerians can be found. Anyways, I've never been a fan of London

My friend go and sit down, you don't have anything to contribute to this thread.

256 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by SirToby(m): 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2021
Brightfab:

My friend go and sit down, you don't have anything to contribute to this thread.
Thread that I created ?

196 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by hapydaddy: 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
Lol...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by justwise(m): 6:43pm On Jan 21, 2021
SirToby:
Good evening friends.
I was going through this thread yesterday and the writer clearly advised any new immigrant to stay from Nigerian churches abroad in other to avoid drama and Toxicity.

https://www.nairaland.com/6328171/sad-truths-living-abroad

Please I want people to share the experiences with Nigerian churches abroad.

I am planing to travel out before this year runs out and I needs to be well informed with regards to churches.
Relocating to UK (london) has never been part of my plan due to high population of Nigerians residing there. Why should I leave Nigeria for another country with high concentration of Nigerians. It makes no difference anymore.

Please kindly help us share your experiences with Nigerian churches abroad. Thanks

Cc: DisGuy, justwise

Nigerian churches in Nigeria are not different from those abroad, just another branch in another country.

ednut1:
Den of gossips and envy, people nacking each other's wives/ husband, competition and back biting, pastors always want to milk you with different tithes and some have awards and special callouts for highest tithers ( na there you go know say mr sola doesn't have a mortgage but went to buy an expensive car, sister Mary is an assylum seeker using female genital mutilation formats, bro Kenneth married an old mama for papers bla bla bla)

Oyinbo churches are somewhat calm, they are not tithe and offering obsessed, everyone minds their own businesses.

You nailed it

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 21, 2021
SirToby:

Thread that I created ?

Bros them say you don't have anything to contribute to your own thread abeg you fit transfer op to me cheesy wink cheesy

354 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Cousin9999: 9:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
Some churches are a valued resource for immigrants of every ethnicity. They can help you with everything, and direct you to good resources.

38 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Richdee1(m): 9:10pm On Jan 21, 2021
Lol. Dey wan unseat OP
Ednut1 take am easy naa
Lol

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by ednut1(m): 9:11pm On Jan 21, 2021
Richdee1:
Lol. Dey wan unseat OP
Ednut1 take am easy naa
Lol
one minute i wan travel, the other i never plan to travel. The guy just confuse na grin

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by SirToby(m): 9:43pm On Jan 21, 2021
kenddys:

Bros them say you don't have anything to contribute to your own thread abeg you fit transfer op to me cheesy wink cheesy
Person wey him head no correct

15 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Mike213: 9:47pm On Jan 21, 2021
One female pastor is presently cashing out on my mum, aunties and co in Canada. UK is where they cash out more as there are Nigerians mostly women who dedicate their lives to church and thank God for bringing them to a good life and system and in turn forgetting their families. They donate heavily to the extent the pastor in her own house drink a special bottle water that is always delivered to her. Even when she day Naija, she never touched pure water during her two years stay. Na members from abroad day donate money for her in Nigeria.

Imagine a woman who has been abroad for 20 years is still committing to the pastor. Pastor day enjoy with so much attention for abroad oo. No think am. Even if one of the members child contact them, they go read message no reply. But use yellow woman way take clean picture for Abroad with their red brick showing and with white people walking at the background she go reply you ASAP..

Should I go on?? As I know two pastors personally that lives like Emperors over there

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Richdee1(m): 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2021
Mike213:
One female pastor is presently cashing out on my mum, aunties and co in Canada. UK is where they cash out more as there are Nigerians mostly women who dedicate their lives to church and thank God for bringing them to a good life and system and in turn forgetting their families. They donate heavily to the extent the pastor in her own house drink a special bottle water that is always delivered to her. Even when she day Naija, she never touched pure water during her two years stay. Na members from abroad day donate money for her in Nigeria.

Imagine a woman who has been abroad for 20 years is still committing to the pastor. Pastor day enjoy with so much attention for abroad oo. No think am. Even if one of the members child contact them, they go read message no reply. But use yellow woman way take clean picture for Abroad with their red brick showing and with white people walking at the background she go reply you ASAP..

Should I go on?? As I know two pastors personally that lives like Emperors over there

Baba ride on.. make the thread blow

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by nnennachiji(f): 1:54am On Jan 22, 2021
I attend a Nigerian church Redeemed in Houston and is one of the best decisions ever
You can’t just conclude all Nigerian churches are bad
This particular church is a good one and really helps it’s members
They allowed my sister to bring her twins to their daycare for two years without paying
Even now what the are paying is below the normal rates
The help new immigrants to become comfortable
And can even be coming to your house to take you to church if you don’t have a car
The assist you a lot
It’s really a nice church
Even my son I have registered him to their daycare without paying but due to corona he has not been going
This church is a life saver
It’s a small church so no much gossip
I love this church

336 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Dliquidmetal(m): 3:13am On Jan 22, 2021
Lol good church or bad church omoo I've had total peace and focus since I stopped attending any church,all na just restraints and limitations to the human mind grin I would live once and I would chop it to the max. Abroad churches cant be different from what we have here(hypocrisy,envy,where they flout their expensive clothes,assistant jesus,tithes/loot,manipulations etc nothing different

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by zorani(m): 3:49am On Jan 22, 2021
Attended a Nigerian church here for three months when I first arrived and quit, haven't been to church since for 4 yrs now. Life's better now, no extra stress, no dramas.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by zorani(m): 5:09am On Jan 22, 2021
nnennachiji:
I attend a Nigerian church Redeemed in Houston and is one of the best decisions ever
You can’t just conclude all Nigerian churches are bad
This particular church is a good one and really helps it’s members
They allowed my sister to bring her twins to their daycare for two years without paying
Even now what the are paying is below the normal rates
The help new immigrants to become comfortable
And can even be coming to your house to take you to church if you don’t have a car
The assist you a lot
It’s really a nice church
Even my son I have registered him to their daycare without paying but due to corona he has not been going
This church is a life saver
It’s a small church so no much gossip
I love this church

Yes Daddy and Mummy crew. Lol

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by nnennachiji(f): 5:25am On Jan 22, 2021
zorani:

What do you mean by daddy and mummy crew
I told you my experience take a chill pill please

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by nnennachiji(f): 5:26am On Jan 22, 2021
zorani:

Do you know what it means to have a free day care for two years and paying less than the normal fees others pay
Go and sit down please

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by zorani(m): 8:52am On Jan 22, 2021
nnennachiji:

Do you know what it means to have a free day care for two years and paying less than the normal fees others pay
Go and sit down please

So how much child care money did you save in two years and how much tithe, seed and offering did you 'pay' in those two years? Waiting for your answer. Lol, you think say you wise.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Richdee1(m): 12:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
zorani:
Attended a Nigerian church here for three months when I first arrived and quit, haven't been to church since for 4 yrs now. Life's better now, no extra stress, no dramas.

Witches and Wizard no press you for night??
Lol

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by ednut1(m): 4:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
Richdee1:

Lol
all those things na wash. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by zorani(m): 6:42pm On Jan 22, 2021
Richdee1:

Lol

Baba nothing like that again since I quit church. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by uthlaw: 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2021
if me self enter UK this year,I go gist Ena watin de go on....for now I broke pass church rat!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Richdee1(m): 8:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
zorani:

Baba nothing like that again since I quit church. Lol
be like say na we dey carry this religion thing for head!!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by nnennachiji(f): 7:35am On Jan 23, 2021
zorani:

So how much child care money did you save in two years and how much tithe, seed and offering did you 'pay' in those two years? Waiting for your answer. Lol, you think say you wise.

Are they forcing you to pay tithe and offering?
In my church nobody forces anybody to pay anything
So someone saving you up to 600 dollars a month is not generous
Anyway I know the church is really a life saver
So quit trying to sound as if you know everyone’s Situation

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by NiklauseFred(m): 7:58am On Jan 23, 2021
This thread should be moved to the Joke section.
Haaa e don do grin

Zorani kee me cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

West African Countries Hate Nigerians? / Bridge Collapses In Niger State Due To Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Terrible Accident In Nasarawa, Many Dead, Others Injured (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.