Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? (23401 Views)

Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ / Sergio Ramos Shows Off Football Career Trophies For Club And Country (Photos) / Samuel Eto'o Ends His 22-Year Football Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by stagger: 12:07am On Apr 04, 2019
Luca Toni of Italy was a late bloomer.

He was 2nd highest goal scorer in Serie A in 2013/2014 as a 37-year old, and topped this performance by being the oldest ever top scorer in Serie A with 22 goals the next season as a 38-year old.

Then stroll over to Sampdoria and see what Fabio Quagliarella is doing as a 36-year old.

Men, age is just a number. As a footballer, you only have to take care of your body by eating right, no smoking, drinking, clubbing or womanizing. Those factors kill football careers quickly. The amount of energy dissipated in a sexual encounter can power a TV for 1 hour. You simply cannot afford to subject yourself to such a draining activity too often.

You need especially to take a look at the European footballer's diets. Nutrition is the most important factor. We do not have that here and that is why you see Nigerian footballers looking unfit and unable to play beyond 31 or 32 years.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 04, 2019
ThothHermes:
Yeap. Jamie Vardy was playing for Fleetwood Town and doubling as a factory worker at around that age.

See where he is now. cool

If he is good he can still make it.

Though making it as a footballer for anyone regardless of age is a case of, except the Lord builds a house...

Another good example is retired Arsenal legend Ian Wright.

Signed his first proper professional contract with Crystal Palace at 22 years of age...and moved to Arsenal a few years later...where he blossomed.

Before football...he was an electrician who played football on weekends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by SOFTENGR: 12:15am On Apr 04, 2019
ClearFlair:
If you could lie like Atiku and Obiliar maybe it would be easier
He says the truth like Lai
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Olibboy: 12:29am On Apr 04, 2019
Solowande:
guy u lied. Point of correction, when Taye Taiwo was 22, Kehinde was 40.
Uhm... Mathematician
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Switruth: 12:33am On Apr 04, 2019
What a terrible heading.
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 04, 2019
germanized:

Which kind Kenneth... Na you gan gan. undecided
All of una go dey hide behind "my friend" angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by tbaba1234: 12:57am On Apr 04, 2019
Olibboy:
If yhu want to make it inside life. I repeat inside life. Your age is just 15. Ask Taye Taiwo.

When Taye Taiwo was 22. Kehinde was 28

False story, Taye's twin died at birth.

1 Like

Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Tiger01: 12:59am On Apr 04, 2019
Yanumo:
Hi guys, my friend Kenneth needs help, he his almost falling into depression. Kenneth wants to be a professional footballer but he's 24 and he'll be 25 October 29. He wants to know if he can still have a career in professional football, and what are the ways to go about it. The highest age for academy is 23, please help out with trials and advise. Thanks
Who be this one way sun smoke en sense?
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Olibboy: 1:04am On Apr 04, 2019
tbaba1234:

False story, Taye's twin died at birth.
Just kidding. but something like this is happening in this generation
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by klad00(m): 1:11am On Apr 04, 2019
Yanumo:
Hi guys, my friend Kenneth needs help, he his almost falling into depression. Kenneth wants to be a professional footballer but he's 24 and he'll be 25 October 29. He wants to know if he can still have a career in professional football, and what are the ways to go about it. The highest age for academy is 23, please help out with trials and advise. Thanks
Can I have your friends number pls, only if he's good enough

1 Like

Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by bossrillboss: 1:12am On Apr 04, 2019
Sethzenon:
lol, your friend is just 17...
if you know, you know
..Walahi u b wereee.lol

1 Like

Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by wisdomkid: 1:18am On Apr 04, 2019
ClearFlair:
If you could lie like Atiku and Obiliar maybe it would be easier

I spot one idiotic supporter..
Mumu them.

1 Like

Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by jaxxy(m): 1:58am On Apr 04, 2019
Yanumo:

Which academy is that? In naija here? It’s better to start early bt if he’s fit and talented he still has a good chance. Football Age these days are changed now or are u naive of this fact?
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Excuzeme: 2:37am On Apr 04, 2019
Yanumo:

Depends on the level of his skills.

if he is very sure of his skills, first, let him travel to the U.K.
Then let him go to the training ground of a 3rd division in his area, lobby to train with them and let them assess him but he should NOT sign a contract with them.
Play for them for a few weeks and then scout around for a Div 2 team. Train with them and prove your worth.
If he is good enough, they would sign him but he should be very careful not to sign long contracts (One year is enough, if he is very good otherwise what happened to some Nigerian stars can happen to him)

If you are very good like Vardy (was he a plumber or Construction worker sef?), it will take him just two seasons to hit first division team.

Wish him luck.

BTW: What was he looking at all these years till he hit 24yrs? Banging neighborhood girls and forming Hommies, abi? angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Nobody: 2:39am On Apr 04, 2019
Yanumo:
yes ,surez and i started at 26 in windin windin academy.
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Nobody: 3:15am On Apr 04, 2019
Yes. Go for it.
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Originalsly: 3:16am On Apr 04, 2019
Is playing professional football about age?...or talent? Your guy is 25....what is the highest level football he ever played? Was he ever even called for trials for local competitions? If not...he should dream a different dream.
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by iragbmite: 3:20am On Apr 04, 2019
Your career is over! It never started anyway.
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by GavelSlam: 3:31am On Apr 04, 2019
Funniest thread I've come across in a while.
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by GavelSlam: 3:43am On Apr 04, 2019
tactius:

Another good example is retired Arsenal legend Ian Wright.

Signed his first proper professional contract with Crystal Palace at 22 years of age...and moved to Arsenal a few years later...where he blossomed.

Before football...he was an electrician who played football on weekends.

True but Wrighty was already a product of a good academy at junior level, playing alongside his mate David Rowcastle who had gone on to establish himself at Arsenal.

Wrighty wanted it badly. Looking at a mate who had gone on to great things may just have been the spur.
However, he had structure.

Structure and opportunity are important in a world of talents and limited spaces.

Not saying our 'friend' Kenneth can't make it, but he needs structure even before opportunities.

If he has videos, he can send them to various channels.

I think can help him if I can see evidence.

Would nice to know his height, what time he clocks at 100m sprint, preferred foot as a start.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Judybash93(m): 5:00am On Apr 04, 2019
martins18:
Jamie Vardy started professional football at age 25, so your friend still has hopes.

In England not in Nigeria
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Studyinchina200(m): 5:07am On Apr 04, 2019
NO
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Nobody: 5:24am On Apr 04, 2019
namiji2598:
age right now
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Sterope(f): 5:56am On Apr 04, 2019
James Vardy is lucky. Living abroad is not enough for things to work out.

This man will be ruining his life for a wish that may never come true. I hope he has rich parents, who are ready to bear his financial burden at the are of 25.

andrew444:

Jamie vardy is from a country where things work out ,while this so called guy is from naija ,you know the rest

If your friend real age is 25 then he should reduce it to 18 ,Brazilians also do this.

Wishing your friend the best .
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Guestlander: 5:56am On Apr 04, 2019
Sethzenon:
lol, your friend is just 17...

if you know, you know

Funny.
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by gladisa7: 6:01am On Apr 04, 2019
as long as you follow club and scout wey make sense wey go help u move up. U still young well well.
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by DRPAIT123(m): 6:01am On Apr 04, 2019
The same way I hope I can still be a professional boxer at my age. I love boxing
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by ogawisdom(m): 6:11am On Apr 04, 2019
Yanumo:

Yes now

Just know that your football age is under 14 grin

That is how it works

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iheanacho Scores First Goal For Leicester In 12 Months (Video). / Victor Moses: Spartak Moscow Sign Chelsea Wing-back On Permanent Deal / Carlos Vela Beats Ibrahimovic To 2019 MLS MVP Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.