Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,038 members, 7,821,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? (23453 Views)

Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ / Sergio Ramos Shows Off Football Career Trophies For Club And Country (Photos) / Samuel Eto'o Ends His 22-Year Football Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Nobody: 6:17am On Apr 04, 2019
post=77244172:
YES, YOU CAN!

Winners don't QUIT!

All the very best!

Can be destructive, Winners know when to quit.
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Dino98: 6:18am On Apr 04, 2019
andrew444:

Jamie vardy is from a country where things work out ,while this so called guy is from naija ,you know the rest

If your friend real age is 25 then he should reduce it to 18 ,Brazilians also do this.

Wishing your friend the best .

He should reduce to 20....it will be better for him in the future.

If the guy was outside Africa...then there will still be lots of opportunities for him but in naija No mata how good he thinks he is, I bet in this Nigeria there are thousands way better who can't find their way into a team, they've tried and tried.....but let him still try sha, he might just be lucky.

But I know guys around my area I play ball with, who are very good...some even better than the ones we av in our national team, some better than the football stars we celebrate but no way for them....they've have tried severally but no way, so they have given up.

God help him!!!

1 Like

Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by miketayo(m): 6:28am On Apr 04, 2019
Yanumo:
Hi guys, my friend Kenneth needs help, he his almost falling into depression. Kenneth wants to be a professional footballer but he's 24 and he'll be 25 October 29. He wants to know if he can still have a career in professional football, and what are the ways to go about it. The highest age for academy is 23, please help out with trials and advise. Thanks

Who told him he is 24, bro u r just 17 go and enroll if u are good
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by ednut1(m): 6:30am On Apr 04, 2019
Queenext:
If Taiye Taiwo can be celebrating 27 years birthday, and his twin was celebrating 39years same day.. Then he can play football as a career.
his twin died at birth.
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Teeboi56: 6:32am On Apr 04, 2019
Sethzenon:
lol, your friend is just 17...

if you know, you know
Abi now
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by verifiablefacts: 6:35am On Apr 04, 2019
Yanumo:
Hi guys, my friend Kenneth needs help, he his almost falling into depression. Kenneth wants to be a professional footballer but he's 24 and he'll be 25 October 29. He wants to know if he can still have a career in professional football, and what are the ways to go about it. The highest age for academy is 23, please help out with trials and advise. Thanks
when a football scout was interestingly watching youth team playing, he ask them 'how old are you?'and they answered 'our coach never tell us our age'☺☺
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by kindmman(m): 6:45am On Apr 04, 2019
[quote author=germanized post=77244267]

Which kind Kenneth... Na you gan gan. undecided
All of una go dey hide behind "my friend" >:I

I wonder o. He is ashamed of himself
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Desyfoley1452(m): 7:02am On Apr 04, 2019
laurel03:
yes oo and even if he get small stature he might be 15yrs for the level..
Naija keeper just clock 20years
this guy wey his face go scratch recharge card na him just clock 20?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by wonder233: 7:03am On Apr 04, 2019
Of course Yes, he can still have a football career. If he works hard and focused.
Contrary to what the media portrays as teenage and early 20s being the "perfect age" for football and 30s upwards being "old" professional football is actually for men not for boys.
The likes of C. Rinaldo and Messi have rubbished that stereotypes, well into their 30s, these guys are playing the best football in the world today and have no intention of slowing down anytime soon. The media have shut up and stopped referring to their ages.
So, I advise to to never for once think you're "old", you're the perfect age to start a football career.
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Cityfirstborn(m): 7:25am On Apr 04, 2019
you can't reduce your age by 2years diff again, tech has made it possible. we are in the tech era unless you want to play in nigeria. reduce your age to 18 Unless you want to retire by 20 like chrisantus. To make it as a professional footballer in nija is like passing through the eye of a needle
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by ThothHermes: 7:33am On Apr 04, 2019
onadana:

God has no business there.Hardwork and talent does.God can't make a coach sign a mediocre player just to prove a point.
Don't be silly. What I mean is that a stroke of good fortune is needed for anyone to make it as a footballer regardless of skill.

Iheanacho is mediocre

Seyi Olofinjana was mediocre.

Talented players sometimes become injured and get overlooked.

There are many factors outside the control of an aspiring footballer.
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by ThothHermes: 7:35am On Apr 04, 2019
Dino98:

He should reduce to 20....it will be better for him in the future.

If the guy was outside Africa...then there will still be lots of opportunities for him but in naija No mata how good he thinks he is, I bet in this Nigeria there are thousands way better who can't find their way into a team, they've tried and tried.....but let him still try sha, he might just be lucky.

But I know guys around my area I play ball with, who are very good...some even better than the ones we av in our national team, some better than the football stars we celebrate but no way for them....they've have tried severally but no way, so they have given up.

God help him!!!
Onadana look at the highlighted portion of this post.
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Zzyy(m): 7:47am On Apr 04, 2019
germanized:

Which kind Kenneth... Na you gan gan. undecided
All of una go dey hide behind "my friend" angry

Lmao grin grin grin
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 04, 2019
ClearFlair:
If you could lie like Atiku and Obiliar maybe it would be easier

If Buhari wey no get ordinary school cert. Will rule over professors CJNs...

Why not..
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by komekn(m): 7:49am On Apr 04, 2019
Yanumo:

First pertinent question is where is he❓ Then preferred position and of course his physical attributes.

Otherwise in general yes he can.

However, location brings up a number of permutations that will impact on which approach to make. .
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by SirDanny7(m): 7:55am On Apr 04, 2019
klad00:

Can I have your friends number pls, only if he's good enough
pls bro i need your help also my elder bro is also a skillful player, he has played for amateur leagues but the condition is discouraging and he's seeking for a better place

i swear it to you'll like him, he's a midfielder !!
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by okafor200(m): 7:57am On Apr 04, 2019
I also wish to become a proffessional footballer, am fast and score lots of goals.
I really need help to make it as a footballer here in this country,
so to achieve my dreams of been better than messi and ronaldo
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by elegance101(m): 8:02am On Apr 04, 2019
onadana:

God has no business there.Hardwork and talent does.God can't make a coach sign a mediocre player just to prove a point.
Bro to make it big in football in Nigeria goes beyond talent and hard work, you need the grace of God to make it. Do you think those Nigerians playing abroad now have more talents and are hard working more than their compatriots here?
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Twist4u: 8:18am On Apr 04, 2019
Yes, your friend can still become a profession footballer.His age is just a number that can be reduce or increase.All he need to do is to find a competent coach with a team focus.look for ex-footballer team/coach around or outside his immediate environment. He need to be ready to get out of his immediate environment or comfort zone (house team), hence he will be chasing shodows. This competent coach/ex-footballer coach will expose him to the standard drill n training to gain required fitness n tecniques.Depend on how fast he can learn, consistent 1year 6month drill will do d magic n he will be suitable for a club here or abroad. He need to have a source of income or comitted Sponsor to take care of Expenses (football boot,training kits,daily transportation and travel fund etc) as it arises. He should avoid injury at all cost(dream Killer). Let him find a professional model he wish to play like n learn everything about them, depend on his position of play. He should watch their best videos and training n lifestyle.for example if he want 2 be an attacker/striker, let him watch videos of Messi,Ronaldo,Drogba and Eto.learn and practice how they score goals:through free Kicks,heading balls,corner kick,penalty etc. Learn n practice the type of training they do n the number of hours they give into training.His age can come down to 16 or 17 after his body has taken shape.peace
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by franzis(m): 8:23am On Apr 04, 2019
Get out of this country first and go to Asia especially the middle East ones e.g Oman , Jordan , India , U.A.E , Saudi Arabia , Qatar ...you just might be lucky
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 04, 2019
Drogba started around that age
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by PRINCEVICKEY: 8:46am On Apr 04, 2019
AM 37 AM STILL HOPING TO START A PROFFESIONAL FOOTBAL WHEN I ENTER EUROPE BY SEPT....IJN

Yanumo:
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by MrFly(m): 8:59am On Apr 04, 2019
Kenneth u are barely 16. Use ur brain. Remember ur date of birth is oct. 29 2003
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by ThePundit14(m): 9:04am On Apr 04, 2019
Bro. Sent you a PM. Please kindly look at it. Thanks

GavelSlam:

[b]True but Wrighty was already a product of a good academy at junior level, playing alongside his mate David Rowcastle who had gone on to establish himself at Arsenal.

Wrighty wanted it badly. Looking at a mate who had gone on to great things may just have been the spur.
However, he had structure.

Structure and opportunity are important in a world of talents and limited spaces.

Not saying our 'friend' Kenneth can't make it, but he needs structure even before opportunities.

If he has videos, he can send them to various channels.

I think can help him if I can see evidence.

Would nice to know his height, what time he clocks at 100m sprint, preferred foot as a start.
[/
b]
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by MrFly(m): 9:17am On Apr 04, 2019
DRPAIT123:
The same way I hope I can still be a professional boxer at my age. I love boxing
watch ya jaws
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 04, 2019
martins18:
Jamie Vardy started professional football at age 25, so your friend still has hopes.

This is Nigeria. Opportunities 're different...
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 04, 2019
martins18:
Jamie Vardy started professional football at age 25, so your friend still has hopes.

This is Nigeria...
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Starz825(m): 11:02am On Apr 04, 2019
Yanumo:
I don't why u decided come here to ask... whether it's u or your friend that wants to play football....oga it's never too late....me self wan play...as long as u have interest in it...God will lead your way to the top...it depends on you ...it doesn't depend on anyone's comment here on nairaland smiley
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 04, 2019
Sethzenon:
lol, but your friend is just 17...
if you know, you know
Bro.... You are a genius... If you know you know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 / Nedum Onuoha: Ibrahimovic Kept Saying He Was Going To Hurt Me / Chelsea Signs Christian Pulisic From Borrusia Dortmund For £58m!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.