Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? (23455 Views)

Okoye Pays Tribute To Rohr: 'You Turned My Young Football Career Around’ / Sergio Ramos Shows Off Football Career Trophies For Club And Country (Photos) / Samuel Eto'o Ends His 22-Year Football Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by hybridblood07(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2019
Guy, there many footballers out there who plays better at their positions and still young. My advice for him, while waiting for trials or offer, let him start hustling or go back to school. He should not put all his eggs in one basket. I have friends who said they won't try a different thing because they want to end up in Europe as a footballer. Today, they beg around for food and it makes me sad because I wish I could help them. I was also a footballer but when I realized I was wasting my time, I had to start hustling to feed myself.
To summarize everything, he should try something else with his life.
Thank You!
Yanumo:
Hi guys, my friend Kenneth needs help, he his almost falling into depression. Kenneth wants to be a professional footballer but he's 24 and he'll be 25 October 29. He wants to know if he can still have a career in professional football, and what are the ways to go about it. The highest age for academy is 23, please help out with trials and advise. Thanks
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2019
franzis:
Get out of this country first and go to Asia especially the middle East ones e.g Oman , Jordan , India , U.A.E , Saudi Arabia , Qatar ...you just might be lucky
Hey man do you have a lot of experience about middle east especially Oman, i currently have an offer from a first division team there
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by onadana: 9:35pm On Apr 04, 2019
ThothHermes:
Don't be silly. What I mean is that a stroke of good fortune is needed for anyone to make it as a footballer regardless of skill.

Iheanacho is mediocre

Seyi Olofinjana was mediocre.

Talented players sometimes become injured and get overlooked.

There are many factors outside the control of an aspiring footballer.

You should have some respect.This is my field,so when I speak you listen.I work with players,I have a functional football academy system in the beautiful city of Kaduna.Bro,i take players out of the country so I am an authority.I understand players mentality much more than you,I played the beautiful game.Ok.
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by ThothHermes: 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2019
onadana:

You should have some respect.This is my field,so when I speak you listen.I work with players,I have a functional football academy system in the beautiful city of Kaduna.Bro,i take players out of the country so I am an authority.I understand players mentality much more than you,I played the beautiful game.Ok.
Name one successful player from your academy

By the way you did not address any of my points.

Academies are a dime a dozen in Nigeria.

I am probably a better player than you are.
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Ayobami7(m): 3:18pm On Apr 05, 2019
好的
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 11, 2021
post=77244172:
YES, YOU CAN!

Winners don't QUIT!

All the very best!

Thank You for This. I no it's probably two years ago....But it spoke to me like I'm hearing it for the first time....

Thank You....And I pray I achieve my dreams....and may God answer all your silent prayers also
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by 2braithe: 11:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
humberjade:
In 2001, while Femi Opabunmi (being the 1st child)was representing Nigeria at the U17 World Cup in Spain, his younger brother (3rd born) was celebrating his 25th birthday here in Nigeria...Isn't our God great? grin grin grin grin grin

My bro, if you are as good as u are trying to paint yourself...sorry, if ur friend is as good as u are trying to paint him, he has nothing to worry about...let him walk up to any of those 1st class football academies and ask for a trial to prove himself...it is even the Academy coordinator that would help him adjust his age on his birth certificate if he impresses him.

Please does one need to be good before entering academy?

I haven't played football before but I wish to start playing it.If possible,go professional!
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by humberjade: 2:26am On Apr 07, 2022
2braithe:

Please does one need to be good before entering academy?

I haven't played football before but I wish to start playing it.If possible,go professional!

Well, it depends on so many factors: age, passion, health and physical condition, and luck.

Age: If you are well over 20 and you just want to start pushing your heart and body generally to withstand the rigours of sports, that's you asking too much from your body. Most professional footballers started at very early ages. And note that you must be below the age of 23 to get admitted, except of course you want to cut down your age.

Passion: This is where passion comes in, as far as you are still below the age of 25 years, if you haven't misused your body, and have huge passion for the game, you will be able to push your body beyond limit to catch up.

Health and physical condition: If you are alcoholic, chain smoker or do drugs, please stay away from professional sports altogether...cardiac arrest is real. Rule out all bad health conditions...heart palpitations, heavy chest, high blood or sugar level, etc
Sex addiction amongst other activities that makes the heart and body weak.

Luck: Not every skilful footballer is able to decently make it...some don't even make it to their local league, not to talk of making it abroad. Luck has made so many players make it far, even without distinctive skills...just piece by piece skill sets.

So bearing these in mind, you can shoot your shot. If you have the money, time, and patience needed before recognition comes, go ahead. And note that every position in football is now becoming more technical too...you have to work on your positional play, on and off the ball movements, good at short and long range passes, powerful shots, good at set pieces, faints, dribbles, etc...you have to be very good at least at one of these eventually if you want to make it professionally.

And you need to work on your endurance level, build your muscles a bit, and practice well ahead with a ball before hitting any academy...because most will turn you back if your endurance level is low, or you don't even know the basics of playing football.

Best of luck
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by 2braithe: 2:33am On Apr 07, 2022
humberjade:

Well, it depends on so many factors: age, passion, health and physical condition, and luck.
Age: of you are well over 20 and you just want to start pushing your heart and body generally to withstand the rigours of sports, that's you asking too much from your body. Most professional footballers started at very early ages.

Passion: This is where passion comes in, as far as you are still below the age of 25 years, if you haven't misused your body, and have huge passion for the game, you will be able to push your body beyond limit to catch up.

Health and physical condition: If you are alcoholic, chain smoker or do drugs, please stay away from professional sports altogether...cardiac arrest is real. Sex addiction amongst other activities that makes the heart and body weak.

Luck: Not every skilful footballer is able to decently make it...some don't even make it to their local, not to talk of making it abroad. Luck has made so many players make it far, even without distinctive skills.

So bearing these in mind, you can shoot your shot. If you have the money, time, and patience

Thanks for your response!
Re: Can I Have Still Have A Football Career At 24? by humberjade: 2:49am On Apr 07, 2022
2braithe:

Thanks for your response!

You are most welcome!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Equitorial Guinea To Host AFCON 2015 / Nedum Onuoha: Ibrahimovic Kept Saying He Was Going To Hurt Me / Chelsea Signs Christian Pulisic From Borrusia Dortmund For £58m!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.