Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media (1396 Views)

Man And His Very Tall Brazilian Wife Cause A Stir On Social Media (Pictures) / My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 04, 2019
It is important for you to always take a second look at your pictures before you upload them on social media, as they have the ability to endanger your job, your relationships, and your identity.

Birth certificate:
Posting information that can be used to identify you on social media is the same as losing or giving it away. While a snapshot of the birth certificate of your new bouncing baby might seem like a heart-warming announcement about a major life change, it can put your little one at risk for identity theft.
A birth certificate is considered the “bedrock identifying document” and once someone controls it, preventing fraud is near impossible.

Work that isn’t copyrighted:
You might be proud of your writing, but posting a snap of the poem or short story you’ve written before publishing isn’t the best idea—especially if you’re looking to submit to a journal or enter a competition.
Someone stealing your award-winning line might lead to a case of he-said, she-said when it comes to who originally created the work. Even if your writing only has sentimental value—and isn’t exactly Pulitzer worthy—posting it online makes it easy for people to copy, paste, and claim. Keep those words to yourself until they have been copywritten, and then have your fans buy the book instead.

Money:
Posting pictures of paychecks, credit cards, and wads of cash is just asking for trouble. Aside from being in poor taste, doing so increases the chances of you getting robbed. You should also steer clear of photos (or captions) that give away financial information such as the name of your bank.

Winning lotto ticket:
If you’re lucky enough to snag a winning lottery ticket, be smart enough not to brag. Sharing betting slips isn’t a huge liability for small amounts, but, if they want to put in the effort, criminals can replicate the scannable barcode and steal your winnings.

Confidential work emails:
It’s a good rule of thumb to keep work off of your social media, especially when it comes to confidential documents. While some laws exists to protect workers and help them speak freely and truthfully about the workplace (even when their feedback is negative) there are limitations.

If your company sent an exciting email about a new development or branding idea, the last thing you want to do is let the competition know. Airing complaints or posting pictures of “venting” conversations between you and coworkers—isn’t smart either. As a matter of fact, it can be a sure way to get sacked.

Source:360nobs.com

2 Likes

Re: Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media by Pubichairs(m): 10:02am On Apr 04, 2019
undecided getting no likes on your posts makes one depressed and dejected that's why people find favour in showing off

how u go tag 95 people and get 15 likes 2 comments

your own matter worse

5 Likes

Re: Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media by thesicilian: 10:11am On Apr 04, 2019
And your nak.ed body has no business being on social media.

6 Likes

Re: Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media by ministerblessed: 11:03am On Apr 04, 2019
I'm trying to understand the relationship between the write up and the picture op used undecided undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media by Jcole1985(m): 11:25am On Apr 04, 2019
Another is marriage pictures/pre-wedding photos or pictures of your partners to prevent theft cool

1 Like

Re: Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media by Makschinchin: 6:00pm On Apr 04, 2019
The way people post private things on social media these days ehn... Na wah o embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media by Makschinchin: 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2019
ministerblessed:
I'm trying to understand the relationship between the write up and the picture op used undecided undecided undecided

Like seriously..
Oya op come and answer this one o..

2 Likes

Re: Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2019
ministerblessed:

The pic is to spice up the thread na

1 Like

Re: Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media by Rosarie(f): 11:49pm On Apr 04, 2019
Pubichairs:
undecided getting no likes on your posts makes one depressed and dejected that's why people find favour in showing off

how u go tag 95 people and get 15 likes 2 comments

your own matter worse
ha.very true oo.
Another one that gets me tired is people who will quote what an op wrote on nairaland and may or may not comment under as if say the msg the op passd across will be wiped off

1 Like

Re: Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media by ministerblessed: 9:32am On Apr 05, 2019
Na so.....
Firstorderwizard:

The pic is to spice up the thread na
Re: Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media by faithfull18(f): 9:38am On Apr 05, 2019
Okay, private lives should remain private.

2 Likes

Re: Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 05, 2019
its to drag attraction cause that's what people tend to like
ministerblessed:
Re: Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 05, 2019
its to drag attraction and make the post flow u may not like the write up but u may like the picture which will make u read the write up.
Makschinchin:

Like seriously..
Oya op come and answer this one o..
Re: Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media by Makschinchin: 8:54pm On Apr 05, 2019
BizAd:
its to drag attraction and make the post flow u may not like the write up but u may like the picture which will make u read the write up.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

So you are among those who mislead people ba..

Op..

1 Like

Re: Five Pictures You Should Never Post On Social Media by Evtspez: 1:23am On Apr 06, 2019
Plus never post a photo of you licking bottles or smocking grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Cooking Fun Or Stressful!!! / CRAVINGS!!! Ladies,what Happens When You Didn't Eat Or Drink What You Crave For. / Help, How Do I Stop Selling My Properties When I'm Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.