Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

"Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns (34757 Views)

Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT / Nigerian Doctor Warns Fathers To Always Take DNA Test / Stop Squeezing Your Woman's Breasts: Medical Doctor Warns Men (2) (3) (4)

Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Goddyj(m): 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2019
Thanks for your advice Mr. Doctor, but I think I have to finish with this cotton bud I'm holding already. I can't just throw it away.
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by GreatResearcher: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2019
MissRaine69:
And never feel like this? I will pass
No sweetness beats dis one. Even cummin d learn
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by hokafor(m): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2019
This one is a quack doctor.so I should be carrying pours and dirty in my ear around.
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by sweerychick(f): 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2019
femi4:
Really, how old is YouTube
everything he said there was exactly how they narated it! You can check it urself on YouTube, what your earwax say about your health
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by femi4: 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2019
sweerychick:
everything he said there was exactly how they narated it! You can check it urself on YouTube, what your earwax say about your health
Alright, good point there
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by mechanics(m): 2:48pm On Apr 04, 2019
But he didn't tell us what to use instead, one time my ear almost got blocked due to much wax

Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Dspmarteens: 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2019
But doctor Nonso or whatever you call yourself, you I should throw away the sachet cotton bud I just bought on my way back home?
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2019
He added that the ear cleans itself when you chew or yawn by slowly pushing the wax to the outer layer of the ear.

The human body shaaa
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by boujeeassnigga(m): 2:56pm On Apr 04, 2019
themonk:
That is probably the only thing sweeter than sex and you are telling us to stop? undecided
VERY SWEET UNTIL U DECIDE TO GO DEEPER!
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Originalsly: 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2019
The advice is correct. To those who doubt.... do you know anyone with smelly ears?...ask if they usually clean their ears and 95% will tell you yes... the other4/ 5% are liars. Clean out the wax and you open your ears to infections... flies...mosquitoes...or even bacteria in the air... contaminated water are all now free to enter and deposit some form of infection. Does that mean you should allow wax to be dropping out the ears?...to clean the outer part...as far as your finger can reach is ok... but to be digging in... that's not ok.

Those who have ears...let him hear............An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by DonBenny77(m): 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2019
nepapole:
Nothing feels better than using bic biro cover, matchstick to clean my ears. Always like i am cumming. So sweet a feeling. Thanks doctor but i love cleaning my ears myself.

Go do it in front of a mirror
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Benreu(m): 3:02pm On Apr 04, 2019
kekakuz:
stop brushing your mouth your mouth is also self cleaning
badt guy
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by MissRaine69(f): 3:07pm On Apr 04, 2019
Uyi168:
Lol..
Have u tried using quill feather before??
When it comes to sweetness, all the ones listed above dea learn!
Oh yes this is so true

Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by xpool(m): 3:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
nepapole:
Nothing feels better than using bic biro cover, matchstick to clean my ears. Always like i am cumming. So sweet a feeling. Thanks doctor but i love cleaning my ears myself.
Tomorrow they will say that a researcher discovered that not cleaning the ear causes cancer.

That was how they told our mother's in the 80's that tin food/ powder milk was better than breast milk. Now they saying the opposite.

Since they started saying eat this and don't eat that was the reason we so much diabetes, bp, stroke etc
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Reference(m): 3:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
Baloney... self cleaning indeed. I have never seen ear wax fall off anyone's ears but my ear sure itches when I forget to clean it. That is nature saying clearly !! Foreign Matter Detected !!.

And to think of it. Why would you allow trapped dort and insects lie in your ear when its not a dustbin. If you can take out your trash every evening why can't you clean your ear at least twice a week and everyday if you work outdoors in the elements or in hazardous environments like some of us. Eat healthy and the wax will be replaced by the body in a couple of hours.... leave it and watch a candle grow out of your head with grave consequences
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by SkinnyNigga: 3:17pm On Apr 04, 2019
Nigerian doctor ba? I no believe him
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by makiti: 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2019
MissRaine69:
And never feel like this? I will pass
on his way to coma
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Uyi168: 3:26pm On Apr 04, 2019
MissRaine69:

Oh yes this is so true
grin cheesy
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Ntente(m): 3:32pm On Apr 04, 2019
I share this opportunity to as many as possible...

*EVERY HOUSEHOLD IN NIGERIA SHOULD USE RAGP TO RECHARGE THIS YEAR AND MAKE MONEY!*

IT'S POSSIBLE!

Copy n join the link on what'sapp

https:///HqynURqPF2NHf5wTnv5i2S
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by AngelicBeing: 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2019
nepapole:
Lol, or using chicken feathers cheesy
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Reference(m): 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2019
Originalsly:
The advice is correct. To those who doubt.... do you know anyone with smelly ears?...ask if they usually clean their ears and 95% will tell you yes... the other4/ 5% are liars. Clean out the wax and you open your ears to infections... flies...mosquitoes...or even bacteria in the air... contaminated water are all now free to enter and deposit some form of infection. Does that mean you should allow wax to be dropping out the ears?...to clean the outer part...as far as your finger can reach is ok... but to be digging in... that's not ok.

Those who have ears...let him hear............An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure

Oga I disagree. I had ear wax removed as a kid when my mum noticed I wasn't hearing well. I tell you, it ranks up there amongst my childhood medical traumas alongside losing a finger nail, toe nail to soccer and dislocating my left knee in military training.

If you wish to know what waterboarding torture techniques feels like, it is ear wax removal with warm saline injection flush. Don't know whether it was how the doctor administerwd it but it nearly drove me nuts. No one has advised me to clean my ears since.
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Yusufyakub(m): 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2019
clemmonce:
They are telling you the truth now , you are arguing. Who told you in the first place to clean your ear with cotton bud ? Was it a doctor that told you that ? Cotton bud is used to clean tiny holes. Not ear.
Chai!! Which other tiny whole can we use it to clean in our body o undecided
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by BecaciaBarbie(f): 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2019
anochuko01:
Until you see some people's ear. na you go wan call LAWMA sef
grin grin grin You guys ehnnn grin
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 04, 2019
Reference:
Baloney... self cleaning indeed. I have never seen ear wax fall off anyone's ears but my ear sure itches when I forget to clean it. That is nature saying clearly !! Foreign Matter Detected !!.

And to think of it. Why would you allow trapped dort and insects lie in your ear when its not a dustbin. If you can take out your trash every evening why can't you clean your ear at least twice a week and everyday if you work outdoors in the elements or in hazardous environments like some of us. Eat healthy and the wax will be replaced by the body in a couple of hours.... leave it and watch a candle grow out of your head with grave consequences

@bolded e dey fall from my ears & usually neat . I have known dis long ago before dis copy & paste physician

one evil is dat if someone mistakenly hit ur hand while digging ur ear, u don buy market from hospital.

Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by boyjo: 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2019
Liars!
That is how they will give many who would heed their advice ear infections.
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by abbeyty(m): 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2019
nepapole:

I have tried it with a feather b4? if you havent try it and thank me
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by boyjo: 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2019
SkinnyNigga:
Nigerian doctor ba? I no believe him

Don`t believe him o.
The two people I know that never cleaned their ears....you would not want to eperience what they went through!
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Goalnaldo(m): 4:08pm On Apr 04, 2019
I think he may be right.i rarely clean my ear but when I do I find little or no dirt compared to people I know who clean their own almost on a daily basis.

Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2019
queenblog:
"Stop putting cotton buds into your ears. Your ear cleans itself" - Doctor warns and gives reasons

A doctor has warned that it is detrimental to clean the ears with cotton buds.

Doctor Nonso, a Twitter user, said using cotton buds to clean the ears only pushes the wax closer to the eardrums and can cause problems in the future.

He added that the ear cleans itself when you chew or yawn by slowly pushing the wax to the outer layer of the ear.

He went on to say that ear wax isn't dirt that needs to be removed but is actually useful to humans.

According to him, ear wax "actually keeps your ear free from insects and dirt for instance! Also, because it is acidic, it prevents fungi from growing in your ear So removing your wax does more harm than good."

Read the rest of his tweets about ear care below.

VIA>> https://onecornergizt..com/2019/04/stop-putting-cotton-buds-into-your-ears.html

It is true that ears do clean themselves. But it doesn't mean that the ear canal is necessarily "clean" in the same sense that hands are clean after you wash them, but it's clean enough not to typically cause problems and definitely clean enough that you don't need to put anything in there without medical supervision.

Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by sharena(m): 4:29pm On Apr 04, 2019
IF I HEAR
Re: "Stop Putting Cotton Buds Into Your Ears. Your Ear Cleans Itself" - Doctor Warns by muffyt05: 4:49pm On Apr 04, 2019
I have a friend who enjoys sticking a match stick in his ear drum, like he'll say, " I dey f**k my ear". He so much enjoys it that while at it, guy will begin to roll his eyes like he's about to cum.
To this my friend and people like him, na dust this doctor dey yarn

Sick Woman Receives N100k From A Good Samaritan, Burst Into Tears (Photos) / 664 New COVID-19 Cases, 308 Discharged And 15 Deaths On July 11 - (2983 Tested) / She's In Hospital Over Ovarian Cyst Complications! Gynaecologist's Advice Needed