Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa (72701 Views)

She Was Denied USA Spousal Visa. What Can She Do? / Anyone Staying Serbia Or Have Done Their Visa Process. / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Tessypatsy: 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2022
Vicmax98:
Timeline
Pd: May 29, 2020
DQ: Feb 24,2021
Interview date: Sept 20,2022
Interview was scheduled for 7:30am but got to the premises be 7:00am. We were ushered in by 8am. Passed through security checks and was given a number. Police certificate, passport,NPC birthday certificate, Passport photograph, Resent Tax Transcript was collected. By 10 my number was called by the CO. I did fingerprints and took a oath.
Questions asked.
What is Ur spouse name?
How did he get to US?
How old is ur baby (I have a few months old baby with me)
Have u done her CBRA interview?
Do u have her passport ready?
Then he said he will approve the visa and begin to advise me about the new environment and how to survive. He told me my visa will be ready is about two weeks. By 11am, I left the premises. Visa issued 15days after.

Good evening vicmax98. I got DQ same time as you but I'm yet to get my interview date. I am so worried. Did you expedite yours?

1 Like

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Tessypatsy: 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2022
scott83:
@VicMax Did you show the consular your family pictures? How is the acceptance rate from US consulars to other CR1 applicants when you went for your interview. My interview will be coming later this month and I also have a 1yr plus son, his CRBA interview will come some days before my own CR1 interview. I cant wait to get my Visa by God's special grace.

Good evening vicmax pls what is CRBA. I have a 6year old son. Hpw do I get the document, can I get it now or wait till I get my interview date
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Tessypatsy: 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2022
Prettyelsie1:
Pls add me to the WhatsApp group

Pls add me to the watsapp group. My number is 08138086572
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Tessypatsy: 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2022
Woodpecker:

Which category of visa are vying for?

husband filled me during the time he was a green card holder, that was 2018. But now he became a citizen last year. I don't know my category. I'm new here pls help me. We wedded 2016
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Woodpecker(m): 7:13pm On Oct 22, 2022
Tessypatsy:

husband filled me during the time he was a green card holder, that was 2018. But now he became a citizen last year. I don't know my category. I'm new here pls help me. We wedded 2016
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

Just exercise a bit more patience. Spouses of citizens are a higher priority than those of green card holders. He filed as a green card holder so it may take a bit more time.
I hope you reach out to NVC every few months to get updates and keep your case open.

2 Likes

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Tessypatsy: 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2022
Woodpecker:

Just exercise a bit more patience. Spouses of citizens are a higher priority than those of green card holders. He filed as a green card holder so it may take a bit more time.
I hope you reach out to NVC every few months to get updates and keep your case open.

Okkk thank you for your response, I do appreciate. Pls can you enlighten me on how to reach them? So I can call them from time to time.i recieve a waiting letter from them every two months
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by buny2021: 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2022
Please can I be added to the WhatsApp group for IR1/CR1? ‪+234 802 970 0786‬. Thank you
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Woodpecker(m): 10:49pm On Oct 22, 2022
Tessypatsy:

Okkk thank you for your response, I do appreciate. Pls can you enlighten me on how to reach them? So I can call them from time to time.i recieve a waiting letter from them every two months

You can message through your CEAC page. The emails you’re receiving are automated and show that your case is open so that’s good.
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by LEOSIRSIR(m): 9:07am On Oct 23, 2022
Good Morning
Please can I be added to the WhatsApp group for IR1/CR1? ‪+2347060917295‬ I will really appreciate
Thank you
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Tessypatsy: 12:00pm On Oct 23, 2022
Woodpecker:

You can message through your CEAC page. The emails you’re receiving are automated and show that your case is open so that’s good.

Okk thanks a lot. Please can you add me to the watsapp group? My number is 08138086572
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Woodpecker(m): 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
Tessypatsy:

Okk thanks a lot. Please can you add me to the watsapp group? My number is 08138086572

I’m not in the WhatsApp group myself. Don’t know who runs it
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Vicmax98: 8:59am On Oct 26, 2022
What visa category are u
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Vicmax98: 9:03am On Oct 26, 2022
CBRA interview is for the child of US citizen born abroad
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Menab: 11:29am On Oct 26, 2022
good day everyone

thank God I finally find this thread

so I am a Nigerian living in UK on student visa.

I flew in to Nigeria to have my registry at the ikoyi registry with my American husband this year..

he filed for me and the application was submitted last week (3 months after marriage)

does is matter that I had to leave UK to Nigeria for the marriage?

also anyone knows the timeline from the UK or is it same as if I were living in Nigeria..

thanks everyone
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by kaycome: 2:27pm On Oct 26, 2022
Menab:
good day everyone

thank God I finally find this thread

so I am a Nigerian living in UK on student visa.

I flew in to Nigeria to have my registry at the ikoyi registry with my American husband this year..

he filed for me and the application was submitted last week (3 months after marriage)

does is matter that I had to leave UK to Nigeria for the marriage?

also anyone knows the timeline from the UK or is it same as if I were living in Nigeria..

thanks everyone
It doesn't matter that you left the uk to do your court wedding in Nigeria. It was your choice. If you have a legal residency in uk then you can have your interview there. I dont know embassy interview dates for uk applicants but just relax your mind that by 2024 you should be able to get your IR1 visa if all things being equal.
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Woodpecker(m): 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
Vicmax98:
What visa category are u

IR1
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Tessypatsy: 12:22pm On Oct 28, 2022
Woodpecker:

IR1

Good morning. My dear I don't really know how this category of a thing works, but when my husband filed for us he was a green card holder but last year he became a Citi. According to him he said his status is now an American Citizen that they will also change it in our document
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Woodpecker(m): 2:12pm On Oct 28, 2022
Tessypatsy:

Good morning. My dear I don't really know how this category of a thing works, but when my husband filed for us he was a green card holder but last year he became a Citi. According to him he said his status is now an American Citizen that they will also change it in our document

Ok, he should alert them of his change of status and also update your add the necessary documents to your CEAC profile
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by OsiEnterprise4: 10:16am On Nov 02, 2022
Please add me to the whtsapp group

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by LEOSIRSIR(m): 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2022
Is there a WhatsApp group If yes please let me be added 07060917295
OsiEnterprise4:
Please add me to the whtsapp group

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Dregeorge: 5:59am On Nov 08, 2022
Good day all,
Please I have a question for those that had their interview recently. Regarding the police clearance, do you have to do the old one with fingerprints or the new one without finger print is accepted at the embassy?
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Haruza: 8:48pm On Nov 08, 2022
Please kindly add my to the WhatsApp us spousal visa group.
My application is still under processing (showing "3months estimated time for case decision”)
Anyone currently experiencing same?
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Unlimitedurch: 10:11am On Nov 09, 2022
Please I would appreciate it if someone adds me to a CR1 (spousal visa) WhatsApp group. +2348138240839
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by kaycome: 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2022
You guys should stop worrying yourselves about whatapp group stuff �����.
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Woodpecker(m): 6:36pm On Nov 09, 2022
kaycome:
You guys should stop worrying yourselves about whatapp group stuff �����.

I guess they’re just anxious with all the waiting and feel the need to connect others passing this same phase in life.

1 Like

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Stormyweather(m): 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2022
Hi guys,

Please who has a link to get a date at Ikoyi registry this year? Please I need info ASAP
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Woodpecker(m): 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2022
Stormyweather:
Hi guys,

Please who has a link to get a date at Ikoyi registry this year? Please I need info ASAP

Go to the registry yourself. Don’t entertain the attention of touts at the gate.

Best to go on a Monday as there won’t be many people at the premises. The guys in the office will attend to you and you’ll get an available date that works for you.

2 Likes

Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Chibz12: 7:16am On Nov 11, 2022
Dregeorge:
Good day all,
Please I have a question for those that had their interview recently. Regarding the police clearance, do you have to do the old one with fingerprints or the new one without finger print is accepted at the embassy?
You can use the new one
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by Stormyweather(m): 6:17pm On Nov 11, 2022
Woodpecker:

Go to the registry yourself. Don’t entertain the attention of touts at the gate.

Best to go on a Monday as there won’t be many people at the premises. The guys in the office will attend to you and you’ll get an available date that works for you.
thanks a lot
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by kaycome: 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2022
Stormyweather:
thanks a lot
You don't need to leave the comfort of your house to get it done. Simply https://ecitibiz.interior.gov.ng/marriage/registries
You just need to know how to read to register your wedding. I did it myself
Re: USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa by joungblood(m): 11:36pm On Nov 16, 2022
I want to use this time to appreciate everyone who has contributed to the thread and the creator of this, I got lots of helps by just reading the comments and asking questions, and even get in touch with some people here who have gotten their own spousal visa.
It finally ends with joy
After a very long wait, almost 2years
But finally got it.
Interview was smooth

Glory to God.
Advise to others, be patient, and always check your email, make sure you're not missing any documents, you can try expedition if u got a good case/reason. But the wait is really frustrating,

Interview time not even up to 10minutes , but the wait and que is long sha, people many, I even dey sleep sef, waiting on my number to be called, waiting, passing checking points n all almost 2-3hrs. Interview time 7am, got there 6:30am n still meet crowd haha

Your police character and certificate is valid for 24months, 2years.. People keep saying I should get a new one since mine was over a year since I did it, but I didn't do another one, so long it's not up to 2years then you're good to go, no go dey waste money for no reason.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Huge Rock In Saudi Arabia Looks Like It Was Cut In Half With Laser Beam(Pics) / Lagos Passenger Sleeping Refused To Wake Up After Reaching Last Bus Stop (Video) / Twitter War: Nigeria Vs Kenya (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.