Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? (2059 Views)

Some Sweet USUALS Every Wife Is Supposed To Be Giving To Her Husband! / Some Sweet USUALS Every Husband Is Supposed To Be Giving To His Wife / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Brownteeth(m): 7:08pm On Sep 10, 2010
Theres a question I asked a long time ago, but I wish to ask once again cos of uche Iwuji's comments.
The question is,
Most rich men marry poor women and take them out of poverty.
But most rich women still go ahead to search for and marry rich men and still depend on them, therefore making no use of the money they have. The money she isnt using is probably what a poor man can get to make him rich and take care of a woman and some kids.

If women think a man must prove his manliness by providing everything she needs, why cant they stop competing with men for jobs and allow men all the jobs and money to take care of them?
Whats they need of women having money when they still want to depend on a man?
In addition, some rich women dont even bother to get married, they consume all the money alone. But put a man in that position, the wealth is sure to distributed to a woman and kids.
If rich women can marry men without jobs then their wealth justified.
Thats my own mind. Feel free to state yours.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Malyq06(m): 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2010
I see another MOBO4 In the making. Quit this struggle with women emancipation and up your games. Use what you have to get what you need. Ka ji ko?
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by InkedNerd(f): 7:14pm On Sep 10, 2010
@OP: You saying "If women think a man must prove his manliness by providing everything she needs, why cant they stop competing with men for jobs and allow men all the jobs and money to take care of them?" is a generalization of women. Not all women think like Uche Iwuji. We don't all want men to spend money on us. When I shop, I pay for things with my money. I like to provide for myself. I'm not one of those women who feel that they need a man to give her money for things. That's just not my style.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Malyq06(m): 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2010
Ok now, let's go there.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Malyq06(m): 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2010
Let's go there. All the ladies/ independent/ throw your comments in here.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2010
the OP has a point
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Brownteeth(m): 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

@OP: You saying "If women think a man must prove his manliness by providing everything she needs, why cant they stop competing with men for jobs and allow men all the jobs and money to take care of them?" is a generalization of women. Not all women think like Uche Iwuji. We don't all want me to spend money on us. When I shop, I pay for things with my money. I like to provide for myself. I'm not one of those women who needs a man to give her money for things.
Sorry I had to generalize because 90% women think like Uche. No much difference.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by InkedNerd(f): 7:29pm On Sep 10, 2010
Brownteeth:

Sorry I had to generalize because 90% women think like Uche. No much difference.

And, how did you come to the conclusion that it is 90%? Do you have any evidence proving that? Unless you've got proof about some global study that was conducted about the percentage, this would only seem like an opinion. You knowing or meeting women like that does not make it true.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2010
I feel ur points @ poster.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by HighChief4(m): 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2010
Where are all the DIVAS in NL
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Brownteeth(m): 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

And, how did you come to the conclusion that it is 90%? Do you have any evidence proving that? Unless you've got proof about some global study that was conducted about the percentage, this would only seem like an opinion. You knowing or meeting women like that does not make it true.

Oh please you know what am talking about. Theres no need to ask for proof.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Marhoski(m): 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2010
poster i feel you too but its a free world, what if the husband dies or gets poor, but what i cant stand is when the wife is richer than the husband shocked
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by InkedNerd(f): 8:00pm On Sep 10, 2010
Brownteeth:

Oh please you know what am talking about. Theres no need to ask for proof.

Yes, there is a need to ask for proof. Without that proof this is both a generalization and an opinion.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Brownteeth(m): 8:24pm On Sep 10, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Yes, there is a need to ask for proof. Without that proof this is both a generalization and an opinion.

The last statement I made in my presemtation was "Thats my own mind" didnt you see it?

Marhoski:

poster i feel you too but its a free world, what if the husband dies or gets poor, but what i cant stand is when the wife is richer than the husband shocked
If the husband dies then the wife can inherit the business or get a work permit.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by InkedNerd(f): 8:31pm On Sep 10, 2010
Brownteeth:

The last statement I made in my presemtation was "Thats my own mind" didnt you see it?

Ok, then it still goes in conjunction to that I said. It is an opinion then. In between the original post you were pointing things out as though they were facts.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Brownteeth(m): 9:15pm On Sep 10, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Ok, then it still goes in conjunction to that I said. It is an opinion then. In between the original post you were pointing things out as though they were facts.

What are you saying sef? What I said is 100% true. But its my opinion that women shouldnt be rich if they want to depend on a man. Take it that way. How could you be asking me of proof as if you dont know that women want to depend on men? Are you in this planet?
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by InkedNerd(f): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2010
Brownteeth:

What are you saying sef? What I said is 100% true. But its my opinion that women shouldnt be rich if they want to depend on a man. Take it that way. How could you be asking me of proof as if you know that women want to depend on men? Are you in this planet?

LMAO, well then I you need to educate yourself. The world is changing. Besides, being a woman being rich and depending on a man aren't necessarily one in the same. I have a friend who comes from a very rich family yet she depends on her husband. As a matter of fact, her net worth is a lot more than her husband. She could divorce him and still be rich.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Brownteeth(m): 9:41pm On Sep 10, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

LMAO, well then I you need to educate yourself. The world is changing. Besides, being a woman being rich and depending on a man aren't necessarily one in the same. I have a friend who comes from a very rich family yet she depends on her husband. As a matter of fact, her net worth is a lot more than her husband. She could divorce him and still be rich.

The world is changing? Is that the excuse? Yeah the world is changing, but for the worse. What I said applies to Nigerian women specifically. Your overseas counterparts have no problem cos this African thing of "a man must be rich and provide everything I need" doesn't apply to them.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by InkedNerd(f): 9:52pm On Sep 10, 2010
Brownteeth:

The world is changing? Is that the excuse? Yeah the world is changing, but for the worse.

Says you.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Brownteeth(m): 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Says you.
I only mentioned that there's a problem in the system concerning Nigerian ladies and their decisions. I guess the fact that you are female makes you blind to see the truth. Am just lazy to type that's why I cant give a good challenge here.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by MOBO444(f): 10:07pm On Sep 10, 2010
For me personally women should not even work not to talk of earning and income, they should stay at home and make babies and breakfast, lunch and dinner and pick the kids from school, Life became worse the day women had the right to work since then nothing hs been the same again, for me women should not even work not to talk of getting rich.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by InkedNerd(f): 10:11pm On Sep 10, 2010
Brownteeth:

I only mentioned that there's a problem in the system concerning Nigerian ladies and their decisions. I guess the fact that you are female makes you blind to see the truth. Am just lazy to type that's why I cant give a good challenge here. 

LMAO, whatever. Keep being lazy then.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Brownteeth(m): 10:23pm On Sep 10, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

LMAO, whatever. Keep being lazy then.

But not just the ladies, Including the men also. Nigerians are still primitive in some areas of life. Come to my world, my views on certain issues will appear weird to the average Nigerian cos Nigerians don't adjust to situations. They will always want to do it the usual way.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by InkedNerd(f): 10:44pm On Sep 10, 2010
Brownteeth:

But not just the ladies, Including the men also. Nigerians are still primitive in some areas of life. Come to my world, my views on certain issues will appear weird to the average Nigerian cos Nigerians don't adjust to situations. They will always want to do it the usual way.

Yes indeed the [some] Nigerians don't like adjusting and when they do, they want to do it in their own way. I remember at a Nigerian restaurant there were some Nigerians that came in to eat and when they came, they kept telling the owner that she wasn't running the restaurant well and the the set up of the restaurant was bad and all sorts of rubbish. They even went so far as to move the furniture and layout of the restaurant. Mind you these people were customers. The restaurant owner was trying to run an upscale establishment meanwhile the customers were trying to make her run the restaurant like some corner shop in Nigeria.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by 1102(m): 11:00pm On Sep 10, 2010
[size=14pt]Did someone notice that is only this nerd thats defending the entire Nigerian women race

Thats why its good to increase the generalization to 96% from 90%

Dont worry poster its only a matter of tyme, she go tire,

Its a well known fact that the Nigerian ladies think like uche Iwuji or even worse than herself,

If you doubt this ask omolola,queeneve or googles~ grin grin
[/size]
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Marhoski(m): 11:03pm On Sep 10, 2010
lol
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by InkedNerd(f): 11:04pm On Sep 10, 2010

--190--:

Did someone notice that is only this nerd thats defending the entire Nigerian women race

Thats why its good to increase the generalization to 96% from 90%

Dont worry poster its only a matter of tyme, she go tire,

Its a well known fact that the Nigerian ladies think like uche Iwuji or even worse than herself,

If you doubt this ask omolola,queeneve or googles~ grin grin

Did anyone ask you? Hush your mouth!!!
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Marhoski(m): 11:05pm On Sep 10, 2010
lol
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by mamagee3(f): 11:06pm On Sep 10, 2010
Anyone who is educated and has a good job should be rich, it doesn't matter the gender.

Stop being sexist!!!
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by 1102(m): 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

[size=11pt]
Did anyone ask you? Hush your mouth!!!

and u bandage your mouf, i made a mistake adding ur name to that list sef~ angry angry
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by InkedNerd(f): 11:30pm On Sep 10, 2010
What list?
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Tosinville(m): 12:23am On Sep 11, 2010
Whenever i say the economy situation is really affecting our love life and mentality in nigeria from the beginning that cannot be amend, no joke it is affecting, its true 90% of rich nigeria ladies prefer to date a wealthy man rather than to be with a poor guy to change his life so tell me what will the poor nigerian ladies will be thinking of? thats why i sometimes say sticking with a nigerian lady for relationship/marriage is like taking the wrong decision in your life cos they're too materialistic unlike those ones that are raise abroad from childhood who doesn't have this silly mentality.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Parenting Win! / Friends With Your Child's Enemy. / Why Are Girls Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.