Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? (2060 Views)

Some Sweet USUALS Every Wife Is Supposed To Be Giving To Her Husband! / Some Sweet USUALS Every Husband Is Supposed To Be Giving To His Wife / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Brownteeth(m): 10:28am On Sep 11, 2010
Only 2 ladies have dropped something so far. Hehehe
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by 1102(m): 10:32am On Sep 11, 2010
^^
cos the rest ve got nothing 2 puke!
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Olami099(m): 10:46am On Sep 11, 2010
hmmm
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by googles: 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2010
--190--:

Did someone notice that is only this nerd thats defending the entire Nigerian women race

Thats why its good to increase the generalization to 96% from 90%

Dont worry poster its only a matter of tyme, she go tire,

Its a well known fact that the Nigerian ladies think like uche Iwuji or even worse than herself,

If you doubt this ask omolola,queeneve or googles~ grin grin

Stop mentioning my username i detest wen am being called for no reason  angry

@post

yes. . . .Women are s'posed to be freaking rich. richer than men sef

that way all these useless men shouting shez after me because of my peanuts can shut up and shove their dirty money up their bums

and women are better managers than men anyways  undecided so i say yes. . . . .Women are s'posed to be wealthy
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Marhoski(m): 12:55pm On Sep 11, 2010
rubbish angry
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by 1102(m): 1:11pm On Sep 11, 2010

Stop mentioning my username i detest wen am being called for no reason

hehehehe, carry cane come flog me! BTW how are u jor.u seem quiet this days!!
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Omolola1(f): 1:16pm On Sep 11, 2010
women are meant to be RICH!
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Marhoski(m): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2010
except u^
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Omolola1(f): 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2010
i already am, cowhead!
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Marhoski(m): 2:02pm On Sep 11, 2010
in ur dreams, antelope head
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by mamagee3(f): 10:43pm On Sep 11, 2010
--190--:

and u bandage your mouf, i made a mistake adding your name to that list sef~ angry angry
Why don't you remove his name from the list?
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by albridge(m): 12:23am On Sep 14, 2010
i really dont think there's anything wrong with women being rich just wish they kept their pride and overacting in check as they achieve success. cool
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Tinksh(f): 12:51am On Sep 14, 2010
I cant comment as a Nigerian women but i can comment as a woman. There are plenty of strong Nigerian women on here that dont need any man to provide for them. They seem to be doing well all by themselves.
You guys are all just bitching cos a rich woman can provide for herself and doesnt need a man for anything, whereas a rich guy still needs a woman no matter what. Women can live without you but you cant live without them. As a women if i was rich the idea of a poor guy would not be a turn on cos a poor guy means no strength, no passion, no get up and go, no dreams, etc. But it is natural that a guy with money means he is all of those things a poor guy is not. Its not the money its the personality that got it.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by 808: 9:32am On Sep 14, 2010
^^^Personally for me my point still stand, the Black woman has so done a lot of harm in Nigeria and they now even taking this harm to other countries, exporting this harm to lots of other countries.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by SAGoddess: 9:41am On Sep 14, 2010
I don't know about other women but I want to be rich, spend my money any time I want and take care of my business. Who wants to ask a man for money like a school girl, even for personal stuff, NOT ME! A rich man has to take care of his home and kids but I should be able to do as I please with mine without feeling guilty! Absolute dependency on a man is not a good look in my book!
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Shinatu: 7:00pm On Sep 14, 2010
@Post

The labour market is available for everyone and may the best guy/gal always win!

If the poor guy is ready to support the rich woman to make sure that she gets the very best out of her carrer (as the poor wife would support her rich husband making sure that the home front is well taken care of, giving the husband the peace of mind to face his job squarely and make something for the family), no problems, but if the the poor guy has nothing to offer and expects the rich woman to take care of the home front, carry pregnancy, carry pickin and then put bread on the table, haba, it will not work.

This is the main reason Nigerian women (living in Nigeria)would prefer a rich man, so that she knows that the bread will be taken care of while she focuses on her own perceived role, because the man will not lift a finger in that direction, it's supposed to be a woman's job-so they say. The poor one is even the hardest, low self esteem sets in and he will always want to prove to the woman that he is the head of the home.

Unfortunately for these women, they still do not get these rich men, or when they do they are sharing them with 5 others, so you still see them struggling to train their children.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Ibomade1: 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2010
As long as you have good ideas and balls of steel you can be rich irrespective of your gender
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by zayhal(f): 7:47pm On Sep 14, 2010
A friend was complaining bitterly a couple of weeks ago that[b] one poor guy[/b] came to ask for her hand in marriage. Could I imagine! She was so upset and pissed off, lamenting "Me! A whole me! with that church rat!"

She's living comfortably, beautiful apartment, nice car et al

I just wonder what she wants again from a rich guy undecided
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by toaspromo(m): 4:27am On Sep 16, 2010
is it a crime? shocked
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Shinatu: 6:21pm On Sep 16, 2010
zayhal:

A friend was complaining bitterly a couple of weeks ago that[b] one poor guy[/b] came to ask for her hand in marriage. Could I imagine! She was so upset and pissed off, lamenting "Me! A whole me! with that church rat!"

She's living comfortably, beautiful apartment, nice car et al

I just wonder what she wants again from a rich guy undecided

@zayal

In as much as I  do not support the woman's attitude, a man can approach anyone and all you need to do is politely say 'No'(My Church driver asked him to marry him when I was single and I politely told him I was not interested).
I want to ask you -what does the poor man have to offer her? Is he ready to support her at home while she makes the money the way a poor woman would support the rich husband?

or  will she be expected to carry all the load and die at a young age from 'overburden'?
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by zayhal(f): 7:46pm On Sep 16, 2010
Shinatu:

@zayal

In as much as I do not support the woman's attitude, a man can approach anyone and all you need to do is politely say 'No'(My Church driver asked him to marry him when I was single and I politely told him I was not interested).
I want to ask you -what does the poor man have to offer her? Is he ready to support her at home while she makes the money the way a poor woman would support the rich husband?

or will she expected to carry all the load and die at a young age from 'overburden'?

No. She even confirmed that the guy is very hardworking. He just got a job but he just hasn't 'arrived' yet. She says she can't imagine herself marrying a guy who doesn't have a car. she even feels insulted that such guy could approach her at all. They just don't belong to the same 'class'. So it's not as if the guy is totally poor. he's just coming up so I can't say if he'll want to/be able to do the house chores and all.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 25, 2011
Tink_sh:

ovide for them. They seem to be doing well all by themselves.
As a woman if i was rich the idea of a poor guy would not be a turn on cos a poor guy means no strength, no passion, no get up and go, no dreams, etc. But it is natural that a guy with money means he is all of those things a poor guy is not. Its not the money its the personality that got it.

Chai. . .you go fear shallow reasoning. Lord have mercy. No wonder women generally regard sruggling/'poor' men as 'lazy', no matter how hardworking he really is. Life is unfair, and luck/opportunity plays too great a role in the affairs of humans. The most hardworking, passionate, energetic, brilliant people are often not the richest. It's incredible (albeit expected) that you would arrive at this unfortunate conclusion. Besides, we all know of people who were once stupendously rich, but somehow later became dirt poor. . .so what happened to their supposedly natural "strength, passion, get up and go, dreams etc" ? ? ? Or what about those kind of men we all know who were poor/struggling for a long time, but later somehow became rich. . .did they suddenly steal or manufacture "strength, passion, get up and go, dreams etc" that they supposedly lacked before? ? ?

Again, why I'm I not surprised that you'd say deceitful and counter-intuitive stuff like "its not the money, its the personality that got it". Smh. Women.

Shinatu:

@zayal

In as much as I do not support the woman's attitude, a man can approach anyone and all you need to do is politely say 'No'(My Church driver asked him to marry him when I was single and I politely told him I was not interested).

or will she be expected to carry all the load and die at a young age from 'overburden'?

Nice poser there. I think that's where the problem lies, and that's why no matter how one looks at it, a confortable woman (not necessarily RICH) marrying a poor man (especially in a paternalistic/traditional society like Nigeria) just wouldn't work in my honest opinion. That's not how God intended it.
Re: Are Women Supposed To Be Rich? by ElmA1(f): 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2011
What a Question? angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ways To Deal With Annoying People / PHOTO: Which Of This Outfit Would You Prefer Your Daughter To Wear? / 28-year-old Man And His Daughter Arrested For Having Sex with each other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.