Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model (1434 Views)

What Is The Average Price You Spent On Fuel In A Day? / My HONDA CIVIC Consumes Excess Fuel. / These Are 7 Possible Reasons Why Your Car Is Consuming Excess Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model by potent5(m): 9:45am On Apr 05, 2019
Please, house. I have a Ford Mondeo 2003 which has been giving me problem of excess fuel. recently. I have changed the brainbox, nuzzle, injector mouth, fuel pump, vacuum and yet no solution.

I need the opinion of experts in the house or anyone who has had similar experience. Thank you.
Re: What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model by Originalsly: 10:22am On Apr 05, 2019
Not an expert.... but what do you mean by excess fuel?.... is it more than you expect?... do you know how much it should be using?....the MPG?

1 Like

Re: What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model by ruby360: 10:37am On Apr 05, 2019
You changed all this things and your car is still consuming fuel?

I will advise you sell the car. Or if you want to still try one more time change the catalyst and oxygen sensor cable.
Re: What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model by autologic: 11:02am On Apr 05, 2019
Since you have already changed almost everything on the car and no improvement then "change mechanic "

1 Like

Re: What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model by potent5(m): 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2019
ruby360:

I will advise you sell the car. Or if you want to still try one more time change the catalyst and oxygen sensor cable.
I am not saying it consumes excess fuel. Rather, the nuzzle injects excess fuel into the chamber making the car accelerate by itself sometimes and sometimes, it wouldn't start because of excess fuel clogging the plugs..
Re: What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model by potent5(m): 1:16pm On Apr 05, 2019
Originalsly:
Not an expert.... but what do you mean by excess fuel?.... is it more than you expect?... do you know how much it should be using?....the MPG?
I mean the nuzzle injects more fuel than necessary into the chamber and this makes the car accelerate unnecessarily. And sometimes, the excess fuel would not start because of over floating in the chamber.
Re: What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model by Originalsly: 2:04pm On Apr 05, 2019
Bro... take your to a certified mechanic shop..... if possible... a shop that repairs Fords among others. Your mechanic is doing trial and error.... check how much ot has cost you so far and problem still exist.... and how much it would've cost you if you had taken it to the 'too expensive' certified mechanic.

1 Like

Re: What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model by boldx(m): 8:20am On Apr 06, 2019
Did you remove the thermostat?
Re: What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model by Lexusgs430: 8:36am On Apr 06, 2019
ruby360:

Sell the car? So the innocent buyer go carry load wey pass am?.....
Re: What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model by honmusa(m): 9:04am On Apr 06, 2019
potent5:

I mean the nuzzle injects more fuel than necessary into the chamber and this makes the car accelerate unnecessarily. And sometimes, the excess fuel would not start because of over floating in the chamber.
Where is your location .
Re: What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model by sultaan(m): 10:47pm On Apr 06, 2019
Have you by any chance scanning the vehicle all these tome you have been replacing parts.
If your mechanic replaced a part and the issue is not fixed then you should know he replaced a good part, in your case see how many good parts your mechanic has made you waste money on while he guesses. All you need is to scan the first time and the car will tell you what the problem is before your mechanic now causes more problems by making uninformed adjustments, like increasing/decreasing the idle speed

1 Like

Re: What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model by potent5(m): 12:00pm On Apr 07, 2019
honmusa:

Where is your location .
Lagos mainland
Re: What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model by potent5(m): 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2019
boldx:
Did you remove the thermostat?
At a time, yes. But it was later replaced, although I can't say if it's still working. But that was over a year ago and I didn't experience this problem until about a month ago.
Re: What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model by potent5(m): 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2019
Expecting more opinions. Thanks.
Re: What Causes Excess Fuel In Ford Mondeo 03 Model by LUDATRAVELS(m): 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2019
Search for Autologic,he will solve this problem for you sharp sharp .

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need The Experts In The House To Enlighten Me On The Gear Of My Sienna / Should I Sell My Guys Car? / Is Land Rover Freelander A Bad Choice Of Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.