Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him (121014 Views)

Dr. Obiora Okonkwo Tapping Palm Wine (Video) / Kennedy Okonkwo Celebrates 12th Wedding Anniversary - Pictures / Ned Okonkwo Proposes To His Wife Again After 12 Years Of Marriage (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by MxreR: 9:39pm On Apr 06, 2019
Anambra people are blessed so much

7 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by TWOWAYMIRROR: 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
Ezigbo mmadu adiro fechaaa, BISHOP OKONKWO Odenigbo!

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
Money man
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by grandstar(m): 9:46pm On Apr 06, 2019
Unlimitk:
Eh eh,these people don come with their chest beating

Always trying hard to make ppl notice u guys
Mtcgeww who get time for u

Please who know this anambra first son guy

I av a feeling he is being paid by anambra state government or a powerful Igbo organization to be spreading useless topics about ibos we dont need.

Sometimes when this guy post,I just feel somehow dumb,reading d crap this guy is posting always on nairaland

Like, doesn't this guy have a job?

Even I have to leave nairaland for some time to live myself rather than be a hopeless person who has never achieved anything in life posting about other ppl who give no crap about him

I'm Yoruba and must be honest with you, what you wrote is uncalled for. I was even enjoying the thread.

It's best you ignore something you don't like than to throw angry words.

27 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Amuluonyenaego: 9:48pm On Apr 06, 2019
IGBO AMAKA cool

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by seedsower(m): 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2019
He own schools too, not listed here.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by wink2015(m): 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2019
Anambralstson:
Unveiling Emma Bishop Okonkwo, The Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow The Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him

Some grass to grace stories are just superb and terrific materials for legends – and a very good example is that of Emmanuel Bishop Okonkwo, one of Nigeria’s richest men and billionaires.
Born ‘without any blemish’, unconfirmed sources told YES INTERNATIONAL! Magazine that Emma Bishop, like he is widely known and addressed, lost one of his legs to accident. But rather than allow himself to be deterred by that, the Chairman of Ekulo Group of Companies, with hundreds of people in his employment, now jokes about that. So much so that during a visit by some of his kinsmen years ago to seek his financial assistance, he allegedly took off his artificial leg, joking that instead of two-legged men to assist a one-legged man, the reverse was the case. Thus, infecting and infesting the whole atmosphere with so much laughter.

A self-made man, Odenigbo Amichi (one of his numerous titles) could be likened to the proverbial King Midas; anything he touches automatically turns to gold.

Incorporating his company, Ekulo International Limited, with head office then on 30, Isale Agbede Street, Lagos, on July 3, 1984, the business has today metamorphosed into an oak tree. Initially into trading, they have since diversified into manufacturing and et al.
Now a group of companies, with Ekulo International Limited, Prize Destructioners Nigeria Limited, Ekulo Industries Limited, Evans Industries Limited and Ekulo Pharmaceuticals Limited as subsidiaries, the man is worth billions.

The franchise owners/manufacturers of popular brands like Eva Wine, Goya Oil, Adonko Bitters, Mayonnaise, Sardine, Eva Soap, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Baron de Valls Wine, Don Simon Drink, Meditol Soap, to mention but a few, their headquarters have since shifted to highbrow Victoria Island. With factories and branches scattered here and there.
Decorated as an Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic by ex-President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan in 2011, he started out in Onitsha, Anambra State, before berthing years later in Lagos, Nigeria’s then capital, where fame and fortune located him almost immediately.

Born on December 31, 1960, his late father was a shoe dealer, which obviously must have been where and how he fell in love with business. A native of Ichi, near Nnewi, Anambra State, his education couldn’t advance beyond Okongwu Memorial Grammar School, Nnewi. But via interminable reading and travelling, the man has so expanded his horizon and outlook that except you are told you will classify him among the graduates.

Married to Ngozi, a.k.a Mmili Aku, and blessed with wonderful children, his father’s plan was to hand him over his shoe business. Which he declined and resisted, choosing instead to pursue his own vision and dream. A move that ultimately paid off, and very handsomely too.

A proud member of the Knights of Saint Christopher, the white-loving businessman who also holds the title of Okpuluisizuluora of Amichi is heavily into philanthropy.

One of his Rolls Royce carries the customised number plate: Okpuluisi, which literally means the one who does for all.

Highlife music kings, Oliver de Coque and Osita Osadebe, also documented same as well as his many businesses in their various albums before they bowed out. Thus, making him a household name, especially East of the Niger.

https://theyesng.com/2018/11/09/unveiling-emma-bishop-okonkwo-the-billionaire-who-didnt-allow-the-loss-of-his-leg-to-deter-him/

Nice one !

The entrepreneurs just dey blow like that.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Ojukwubucket(m): 9:52pm On Apr 06, 2019
Unlimitk:

I av a feeling he is being paid by anambra state government or a powerful Igbo organization to be spreading useless topics about ibos we dont need.

Sometimes when this guy post,I just feel somehow dumb,reading d crap this guy is posting always on nairaland

Even I have to leave nairaland for some time to live myself rather than be a hopeless person who has never achieved anything in life posting about other ppl who give no crap about him
See as hate and envy dey give u sleepless day and nights...u r killing ursef gradually!, gradually!!

11 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Unlimitk(m): 9:54pm On Apr 06, 2019
grandstar:

I'm Yoruba and must be honest with you, what you wrote is uncalled for. I was even enjoying the thread.

It's best you ignore something you don't like than to throw angry words.

Shut d fukk up!

Don't u know what he and his brother everyday spoiling this site with their useless chest beating,like nigga we av heard u
I'm just tired of these guys and their stupid topics

If u cant lecture them, I will
Someone has to say the truth

This shitt is boring

I mean, we get it,u ibos are rich industrious
But we don't give a fukk
Its fukking annoying
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Unlimitk(m): 9:55pm On Apr 06, 2019
Ojukwubucket:

See as hate and envy dey give u sleepless day and nights...u r killing ursef gradually!, gradually!!

Na your households go kill themselves gradually
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by lakesider(m): 9:55pm On Apr 06, 2019
People that are selling Nigerian s job.. Nairaland still dey celebrate them
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Emmanuel226(m): 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
nice one i love ya courage
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by MPESA(m): 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
SLAP44:
This guy filled up a large swampy part of main market to create a shopping line.

Too much money.

Not only swapy but part of River Niger was drained away for that building along bridge head to sokoto road to stand, that man pour money throw away for that place..

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by greggng: 9:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
Sometimes I envy the igbos. They are very hard working and indusrous. Just yesterday one of them bought Benz glc300 2018 model worth 40 million naira. Infact his humility got me thinking. On further enquiry I discovered that the guy has a cosmetic industry...with offices in Lagos and in the east. When I had little time to discuss with him on how he started before he became this rich...he told me o boy I did boy boy for 7years o. My oga na like Dangote o but I dey try my best to meet up. His age is 37years. Is true some of them are into illegality but a good number of them are really doing us proud as a nation. May God bless una hussle

31 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Deadlock: 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2019
I'm playing the song that was done by Osadebe for Bishop Okonkwo right now! What a #BLISS. God Bless you more Sir Bishop Okonkwo.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Emmanuel226(m): 10:00pm On Apr 06, 2019
REALLY PATIENCE AND COURAGE ARE VIRTUES
he and dis woma had a similar case.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Ewedegubbler: 10:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
Richest guy in Onitsha hands down.. I once served at Onitsha main market and boy, this guy is legendary. ude ya na ede everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Adedapo57: 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2019
if this one buys a Rolls Royce and owns mansions with all the achievement and investment Atleast we knw the source
broda e_money I sight u am sure u and this man started business the same yr undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by makinson2865: 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2019
stagger:
Some pipul are in sifia pain!

Take it easy bro, nobody's in pain as u knew it that all tribes have some business moguls in there region.so what's this fuss for?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by mrsage(m): 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2019
Unlimitk:

Shut d fukk up!

Don't u know what he and his brother everyday spoiling this site with their useless chest beating,like nigga we av heard u
I'm just tired of these guys and their stupid topics

If u cant lecture them, I will
Someone has to say the truth

This shitt is boring

I mean, we get it,u ibos are rich industrious
But we don't give a fukk
Its fukking annoying

Its official. You are just jealous and you need help...

However we will ignore you for now while we enjoy this inspiring story.

Note: I'm Yoruba. I admire success. Its not all about tribe.

14 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by able20(m): 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2019
chiefobdk:

He is not from Nnewi-ichi.

He is from Ichi

Nnewi-ichi is a village in Nnewi..c
Ichi is a neighboring town to Nnewi
Make una no fight naa
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Unlimitk(m): 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2019
mrsage:

Its official. You are just jealous and you need help...

However we will ignore you for now while we enjoy this inspiring story.

Note: I'm Yoruba. I admire success. Its not all about tribe.
Lol nigga,no
I'm not jealous
Even ibos on this thread know deep down d reason y that dumb heads made this topic
Pls I want u to go read this guy post
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Ewedegubbler: 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
Unlimitk:

painment. I know say u day gnash teeth somewhere under some thatch brown roofed mud house in the evil forests of Osun... continue bro,

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by aezenkwu(m): 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
The day I saw this guy was when his daughter did her traditional marriage. He gave the girl a full mansion with infinity jeep with other things. Now the guy is working in one of the branches. Since that day I have been looking for one of the daughters so I can shoot my shot. This is how the guy packed out from our kpako street and he is living large now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by sowilli: 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2019
Engrgabi:
anambra people!! If only they have oil like bayelsa, i swear Dangote go hide face.
is there oil in dangote’s state? Have you ever wondered why an Igbo man is not in the top 3 or 4 richest Nigerians even as they have got mastery of business?
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Jowanson: 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2019
Unlimitk:

Now I can see your mediocrity! Very alarming.May God bless you....so that you will have a winning mindset.....This mindset of yours is too dark and shallow!

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Unlimitk(m): 10:17pm On Apr 06, 2019
Ewedegubbler:

painment. I know say u day gnash teeth somewhere under some thatch brown roofed mud house in the evil forests of Osun... continue bro,

Hmm evil forest
U actually made me laugh
Congratulation
Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by rinzaugustine: 10:19pm On Apr 06, 2019
There was a time he had franchise for importation of Eva wine throughout west Africa and later 5 alive juice jointly with Charlie billion Ezeudeogu.The only man Osadebe ever dedicated a full track to

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by 8stargeneral: 10:25pm On Apr 06, 2019
Anytime u see his post just drink sniper tongue
Unlimitk:

8 Likes

Re: Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him by Generalnomercy: 10:30pm On Apr 06, 2019
sowilli:
is there oil in dangote’s state? Have you ever wondered why an Igbo man is not in the top 3 or 4 richest Nigerians even as they have got mastery of business?

Igbos are not interested in your ratings...

who get that time? Igbos leads and others follows...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inside Ezego Victor Okafor's Graveyard, House, Palace, Property (Video) / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 11 / Scrap Metal Buyers/sellers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.