Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos (40093 Views)

People Pay N50 To Cross Flooded Road, Including Soldiers (Video) / Truck On Fire At Iwo Road Ibadan (Photos) / SARS Killings: Protest In Gakem, Cross River. Roads Blocked, Travelers Stranded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Rutheby(f): 10:28pm On Apr 05, 2019
Fhemmmy:

And do we ever know how to do anything right in Nigeria? If we do, why are we still in the dark with so much money being thrown around?

we'll learn d hard way, maybe through more hazards
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Carlyboi(m): 10:29pm On Apr 05, 2019
BecaciaBarbie:

Well I was born in the city and lived in the city "Lagos" all my life, so living in IB wouldn't have given me that village adventure I had always craved for! I stayed in IB couple of weeks with my cousin, so I know it is a very boring city haha no offense please lol I wished I could send you pics of my adventures in Isemile, maybe you'd relate unless you are the type who hates the quiet life. Isemile is one of the most beautiful towns, nice roads, nice village hang outs, nice people, spacious, the corpers lodge was perfect... One room to each corper, the naughty goats I had to chase several times for eating our food stuff, the late night walks with my lodgemates, the midnight gisting and laughter outside the lodge, the neighbors we visit every night, the fellowship, the mountains we explore for picnics, the cheap food stuff, the narrow roads to our PPA, the beautiful ancient structures, the special treatment from villagers etc we were about 8 corpers in the lodge and it felt like we were all blood brothers and sisters.
Oh by the way, I knew I was going to enjoy my service year immediately I stepped into Iseyin NYSC camp.... See fine camp and hostel... Abeg.... My service year was Super Duper Awesome!!!! I thank God for this. smiley
well you think ib is boring tho lol!i beg to differ tho lol!but I get it you were already used to the urban and metro life and lag has got all that!well I actually enjoyed my service year too tho Shout out to all Adamawa 2015 batch A stream 2 corpers,Taraba camp(jalingo)you guys Rock and my camp was cool too tho new structures camp was fresh although not totally completed and and to my Kwara Kofas too you it was a nice service year with you guys and to my main gees in ilorin thx too lol!can I pm you tho?
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by InvertedHammer: 10:37pm On Apr 05, 2019
AngelicBeing:
You have a point though but Tinubu has been relevant since 1999 till date, feeding fat from politics and he is the life governor general of lagos, lagos is like a mini country within a country, he sacked Ambode for refusing to give him goat meat and bigstout, nawao grin
/
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by ajericho(m): 10:39pm On Apr 05, 2019
I hate Nigerians,that shit was caused by the ongoing construction, but y'all be like the government out there is bad,spit on y'all
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by fortunechy(m): 10:58pm On Apr 05, 2019
That's what fits them.... let them keep supporting uselessly evil government
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 05, 2019
if village people manage off ur car engine, my brother u are doom
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Menance: 11:33pm On Apr 05, 2019
Afonjas have seen flood water to bath in. i know they are so grateful rn
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Omoluabi16(m): 1:39am On Apr 06, 2019
Ishilove:

I've never been to the SS .
Unbelievable. How come?
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:44am On Apr 06, 2019
Carlyboi:
well you think ib is boring tho lol!i beg to differ tho lol!but I get it you were already used to the urban and metro life and lag has got all that!well I actually enjoyed my service year too tho Shout out to all Adamawa 2015 batch A stream 2 corpers,Taraba camp(jalingo)you guys Rock and my camp was cool too tho new structures camp was fresh although not totally completed and and to my Kwara Kofas too you it was a nice service year with you guys and to my main gees in ilorin thx too lol!can I pm you tho?
I served same year....Batch B stream 2 smiley

Sure you can... And all these your shout outs ehn....shows almost everyone who served outside their based states enjoyed their service year.
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Fhemmmy: 2:51am On Apr 06, 2019
Rutheby:

we'll learn d hard way, maybe through more hazards

Very true . . .
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Fhemmmy: 2:54am On Apr 06, 2019
bakry86:

If u r praying for his failure, don't forget we r all in for it irrespective of ur political affiliation. He will succeed, God willing. And u will be disappointed....

I will like to see you say "Fhemmmy, i told you so that this guy will do well for OYO" and i will gladly say you are right with apologies to go with it but if i am right, will you be ready to tender apologies too?
Mind you, i dont belong to any political party because they are all same
By the way, i am not praying for him to fail, but i have come to realize over the years and decades that no leader in Nigeria knows the real meaning of being a leader, a true leader is all about serving the people which we dont have in Nigeria
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Fhemmmy: 2:56am On Apr 06, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Apart from dredging the side of the river to ensure the water has more channels to flow, people were banned from building near the River.

Why do think you haven't heard of another Omiyale for nearly four decades smiley

There is water flood in OYO yearly . . . .But i pray that it will not destroy the farms anymore for the farmers in a nation where there is no insurance against such
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Fhemmmy: 2:59am On Apr 06, 2019
Iamgrey5:
What tribalism has eaten deep into me? Did I insult any tribe so far in our discussions?

I never said you are not from my region, but you are the one insinuating it smiley

How many fish farmers do we have in Oyo state to begin with?

How many freah water passes through Oyo state?

Oyo has no flood issues, perhaps other problems but not flood issues.

When was the last time you heard about any critical flood/erosion issues like you hear from east and see in Lagos state in Oyo state?

Catfish farming is not about the fresh water bros, go and read more about earthen pond being used by cat fish farmers
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Carlyboi(m): 3:12am On Apr 06, 2019
BecaciaBarbie:

I served same year....Batch B stream 2 smiley

Sure you can... And all these your shout outs ehn....shows almost everyone who served outside their based states enjoyed their service year.
Well I don’t know bout everyone but I know we sure did lol!and yeah I’m gonna do that then

1 Like

Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by zyzxx(m): 4:10am On Apr 06, 2019
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by VolvoS60(m): 4:46am On Apr 06, 2019
Iamgrey5:
^^

Haha haha

Another idiot cheesy

^^^
It takes one to know one. wink

You have been all over this thread hurling insults like the uncultured, ill bred individual you are. Those insults will NOT change the stark reality that Ibadan (and the whole of Nigeria really) has an infrastructure deficit. Name calling will NOT change anything. It won't add one millimetre of asphalt to the disaster that is Iwo road roundabout. grin The picture doesn't lie!

The truth indeed will make you free.
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by thunderbabs: 6:24am On Apr 06, 2019
Rain never start ooi. E still dey do Introduction to Rainy season
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Iamgrey5(m): 7:48am On Apr 06, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^

You have been all over this thread hurling insults like the uncultured, ill bred individual you are. Those insults will NOT change the stark reality that Ibadan (and the whole of Nigeria really) has an infrastructure deficit. Name calling will NOT change anything. It won't add one millimetre of asphalt to the disaster that is Iwo road roundabout. grin The picture doesn't lie!

Who have I insulted apart from you?

Please point out where I was uncultured bla bla bla

it seems you are particularly seeing things smiley

I never said the infrastructure in Ibadan is superb, I only said it is better than most states in southern Nigeria. smiley

And the road in Iwo road is good, I am in Ibadan for the weekend, I promise to take a picture and post it here by tomorrow.
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Iamgrey5(m): 7:51am On Apr 06, 2019
Fhemmmy:

Catfish farming is not about the fresh water bros, go and read more about earthen pond being used by cat fish farmers
Cat fish farmers that uses streams and wells are suffering from flooding?

Do you know there are certain places in Ibadan that an ordinary well doesn't bring water. ?
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Iamgrey5(m): 7:52am On Apr 06, 2019
Fhemmmy:

There is water flood in OYO yearly . . . .But i pray that it will not destroy the farms anymore for the farmers in a nation where there is no insurance against such
There's no flood in Oyo yearly.

And I have hardly heard of any farmland destroyed by water in Oyo state.
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Ishilove: 8:38am On Apr 06, 2019
Omoluabi16:
Unbelievable. How come?
I've just never had the opportunity
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Ishilove: 8:40am On Apr 06, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^

Truth is a very bitter pill to swallow, so when they can't bear it they go neanderthal on the truthsayers.

Ignore the particular uncultured ass (donkey) who you quoted. He has been trying to bait me by writing the same shite that comes out of his rear end, but I refused to dignify him with a response. I cannot and will not banter words with an anus.
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Omoluabi16(m): 11:38am On Apr 06, 2019
Ishilove:

I've just never had the opportunity
Na wa. You people could be very traditional though, so it's surprising. Should I describe the South side for you? grin
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Ishilove: 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2019
Omoluabi16:
Na wa. You people could be very traditional though, so it's surprising. Should I describe the South side for you? grin
Yes, go ahead cheesy
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by VolvoS60(m): 7:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Who have I insulted apart from you?

Please point out where I was uncultured bla bla bla

it seems you are particularly seeing things smiley

I never said the infrastructure in Ibadan is superb, I only said it is better than most states in southern Nigeria. smiley

And the road in Iwo road is good, I am in Ibadan for the weekend, I promise to take a picture and post it here by tomorrow.

^^^
On this thread you have accused people of onanism, ignorance, bigotry and hypocrisy. And that was in your first few posts!

And according to you up there, I am hallucinating undecided. This is what people say when they do not have a convincing argument.

I know Iwo road well. Quite well in fact. To beat the insane traffic there, i sometimes prefer to go through Ring Road when coming into Ibadan - even though that route is longer.

The last time I tried passing through the Iwo road axis to link Basorun - I was coated with dust from the road works going on there - the road works that never ends. undecided

Iwo road roundabout is not an example of good infrastructure. It is not. Call a spade a spade.
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by VolvoS60(m): 7:53pm On Apr 06, 2019
Ishilove:

Truth is a very bitter pill to swallow, so when they can't bear it they go neanderthal on the truthsayers.

Ignore the particular uncultured ass (donkey) who you quoted. He has been trying to bait me by writing the same shite that comes out of his rear end, but I refused to dignify him with a response. I cannot and will not banter words with an anus.

^^^
The funny thing about it is that Ibadan holds very dear memories for me. I went to school there. I served there. Family lives there. Hell, I was born there!

If I criticize anything about the place it is because I know it can do so much better.
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Iamgrey5(m): 7:57pm On Apr 06, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^
On this thread you have accused people of onanism, ignorance, bigotry and hypocrisy. And that was in your first few posts!

And according to you up there, I am hallucinating undecided. This is what people say when they do not have a convincing argument.

I know Iwo road well. Quite well in fact. To beat the insane traffic there, i sometimes prefer to go through Ring Road when coming into Ibadan - even though that route is longer.

The last time I tried passing through the Iwo road axis to link Basorun - I was coated with dust from the road works going on there - the road works that never ends. undecided

Iwo road roundabout is not an example of good infrastructure. It is not. Call a spade a spade.
You don't know Iwo road

What is the link ɓetween Ring road and Iwo road. ?

Even if you are coming from Lagos, you head to straight to challenge, you don't need to go to Iwo road

Orita challenge is far closer to Lagos/Ibadan express way than Iwo road.

from challenge you go to any place you plan to visit in Ibadan

So I don't know what you are blabbing about sir smiley

How is accusing people of Ignorance or obvious Bigotry an insult sir ? smiley

When is stating the obvious an insult?

And yes I believe you are hallucinating like you claimed with your explanation of Ibadan roads smiley

No insults just stating the obvious smiley
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Iamgrey5(m): 8:03pm On Apr 06, 2019
I see the hypocritical ex mod has suddenly found her voice in the midst of her equally bigoted friends

I have nothing else to say than what I have said

Truth is bitter they say ( Your choice of words not mine)

I bet the bitter part already got to you that you had to respond by proxy. smiley

I didn't even insult you, I only stated the obvious.

Nonetheless, the bitter pills you took was just too much that you couldn't resist throwing insults Iike the gutter woman you are.
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by TheIkoro(m): 11:39pm On Apr 06, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Heaven seems to smile to Nigerians at last yesterday after the heatwave that hits the country. Some major part of the country experience a heavy downpour yesterday, from Lagos to Ibadan to Abeokuta, Mowe and some other parts experience the showers. As good as the rain is to the body and the environment, it leaves its trademark with the people of Iwo Road, Ibadan as everywhere was flooded.

According to images seen on social media, Iwo Road, Ibadan is blocked after the rainfall which caused heavy traffic around this area.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/04/roads-blocked-as-flood-takes-over-iwo.html

I laugh in Hebrew.
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by VolvoS60(m): 4:02am On Apr 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
You don't know Iwo road

What is the link ɓetween Ring road and Iwo road. ?

Even if you are coming from Lagos, you head to straight to challenge, you don't need to go to Iwo road

Orita challenge is far closer to Lagos/Ibadan express way than Iwo road.

from challenge you go to any place you plan to visit in Ibadan

So I don't know what you are blabbing about sir smiley

How is accusing people of Ignorance or obvious Bigotry an insult sir ? smiley

When is stating the obvious an insult?

And yes I believe you are hallucinating like you claimed with your explanation of Ibadan roads smiley

No insults just stating the obvious smiley

^^^

I am still waiting for your photographs, Sir. grin

When next it rains, take photographs of Iwo Road roundabout and paste them here...if you are bold enough. cheesy I can assure you sir, when the rainy reason really kicks off, the roundabout will indeed be something to behold.

My route into Ibadan from Lagos leaves me with two options: after passing through where the old toll gate used to be on the express, go to Challenge through the exit ramp on the right OR continue straight on till I get to Iwo road roundabout much, much further ahead. The Challenge option eventually takes me past the Oyo State High Court of Justice, D Rovans, etc. all of which are on the Ring Road axis...Do you now understand why I mentioned Ring Road?? Or you need an even lengthier geography lesson? grin

Like I said earlier, you have no argument. You carefully avoided the key issues on the thread and instead chose to create a diversion about entry routes into Ibadan. grin. Nice try, but it won't work. You really do need to update your trolling techniques - the ones you used here have been played out completely. Picking fights here and there and making endless excuses for leadership failure will not rescue Ibadan (or any where else in Nigeria) from neglect or regression.

Anyway, what did I expect? Any one who would put forward Shoprite (a shopping mall chock full of imported consumer goods undecided) as an index of development (any where in Nigeria) should be avoided like the plague.

Do have a good day, Sir. wink
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Iamgrey5(m): 7:08am On Apr 07, 2019
VolvoS60:

^^^

I am still waiting for your photographs, Sir. grin

When next it rains, take photographs of Iwo Road roundabout and paste them here...if you are bold enough. cheesy I can assure you sir, when the rainy reason really kicks off, the roundabout will indeed be something to behold.

My route into Ibadan from Lagos leaves me with two options: after passing through where the old toll gate used to be on the express, go to Challenge through the exit ramp on the right OR continue straight on till I get to Iwo road roundabout much, much further ahead. The Challenge option eventually takes me past the Oyo State High Court of Justice, D Rovans, etc. all of which are on the Ring Road axis...Do you now understand why I mentioned Ring Road?? Or you need an even lengthier geography lesson? grin

Like I said earlier, you have no argument. You carefully avoided the key issues on the thread and instead chose to create a diversion about entry routes into Ibadan. grin. Nice try, but it won't work. You really do need to update your trolling techniques - the ones you have used here have been played out completely. Picking fights here and there and making endless excuses for leadership failure will not rescue Ibadan (or any where else in Nigeria) from neglect or regression. .

Any ways, what did I expect? Any one who would put forward Shoprite (a shopping mall chock full of imported consumer goods undecided) as an index of development (any where in Nigeria) should be avoided like the plague.

Do have a good day, Sir. wink
. Bro like I said earlier you don't know what you are talking about.

Why will a person pass through ring road to go anywhere when Iwo road should have been your route. You can go straight from challenge to Gate, Bashoroun etc. by passing through molete. it is a straight forward journey. smiley

So apparently Ring road and Iwo road are worlds apart. One can even live in Ibadan without ever visiting Iwo road or ring road all his or her life because those are two Extreme routes.

So I don't really know how those places became alternative routes to one another.

Needless to say, I bet you don't go to ShopRite frequently too, apart from encouraging new manufacturing of certain products and selling nearly 70℅ of local products at wholesale prices. ShopRite also employ chefs, Cashiers and a lot of other people.

So apparently you are also yarning dust about ShopRite smiley

I bet your state have those local stores with 50 by 50 containers as its main source of commerce. Yet, they sell electronics and other products made elsewhere in those containers.

Truth is bitter isn't it smiley
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by bakry86: 7:44am On Apr 07, 2019
Fhemmmy:

I will like to see you say "Fhemmmy, i told you so that this guy will do well for OYO" and i will gladly say you are right with apologies to go with it but if i am right, will you be ready to tender apologies too?
Mind you, i dont belong to any political party because they are all same
By the way, i am not praying for him to fail, but i have come to realize over the years and decades that no leader in Nigeria knows the real meaning of being a leader, a true leader is all about serving the people which we dont have in Nigeria

U're right brother, but we still need to be optimistic, and not pessimistic as your comment portrays.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FRSC Recovers N27.1M At Scene Of Osun Road Crash That Killed Six Persons (Pix) / Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video) / Edwin Ijeoma Who Renounced Nigerian Citizenship, Expelled From South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.