Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos (40090 Views)

People Pay N50 To Cross Flooded Road, Including Soldiers (Video) / Truck On Fire At Iwo Road Ibadan (Photos) / SARS Killings: Protest In Gakem, Cross River. Roads Blocked, Travelers Stranded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by BERNIMOORE: 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Heaven seems to smile to Nigerians at last yesterday after the heatwave that hits the country. Some major part of the country experience a heavy downpour yesterday, from Lagos to Ibadan to Abeokuta, Mowe and some other parts experience the showers. As good as the rain is to the body and the environment, it leaves its trademark with the people of Iwo Road, Ibadan as everywhere was flooded.

According to images seen on social media, Iwo Road, Ibadan is blocked after the rainfall which caused heavy traffic around this area.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/04/roads-blocked-as-flood-takes-over-iwo.html

In 1983, we came to ibadan in March 1983, but few months after where we stayed was totally wiped away, Why? the newspaper then Herald Newspaper broke the news of Omiyale! and how humans and luggage plus houses were swept away,......Now 36yrs after it's still the same story, then who is to blame?
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Ishilove: 8:20pm On Apr 05, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Less rains. Less population density and traffic. And better soil structure.
And why didn't you include your SS in your inquiry?
I've never been to the SS so I don't know state of that region.

Personally I think there is more unity in the north. When they are in power they make sure they give a large portion of the resources to their regions and pocket the rest. On the other hand, the ones in the east, west and south give the lions share to themselves and their cronies, the people be damned.
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by BERNIMOORE: 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2019
I think our culture in yoruba land is corrupted with an unknown virus already, and those who are wise knows what to do.
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by sharpwriter(m): 8:24pm On Apr 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I don't really like It when guys troll a lady nonstop on internet, but I now believe she deserves all the trolling she got. I believe most of the guys that gave her regular nightmares were even from her "saintly region". cheesy

She is just a bigot like the rest of them tho, pretending like she is any different is just plain hypocritical.

Hmmmn... What regular nightmare did they give her?
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Iamgrey5(m): 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
sharpwriter:

Hmmmn... What regular nightmare did they give her?
Her story is well documented here on nairaland.
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Archbishop88: 8:26pm On Apr 05, 2019
Who did we offend in dz country?

Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by sharpwriter(m): 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Her story is well documented here on nairaland.

Hmmm....
You people sha... Oya gimme link smiley
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by olagbola45(m): 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2019
SLAP44:
New PDP governor is coming to rescue the city

Ajimobi is d best governor dey ever have in oyo

Ur state shey Dem no dey experience such? Abi wot type of rescue are u talking about
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Iamgrey5(m): 8:38pm On Apr 05, 2019
sharpwriter:

Hmmm....
You people sha... Oya gimme link smiley
Bro/Sis I don't have any link as most of those threads were deleted. smiley And I don't think I have the strength to dig up some of the more recent ones because she is not worth my stress wink or anyone's stress for that matter.

However, I will employ you to go to the sexuality sub-section in the romance section and search for Ashewo beerplalor threads. You will catch a glimpse of her travails there smiley
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Fhemmmy: 8:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I am not making any excuses for anyone.

The road is good and very motorable, you can tell by the lush green grass in the picture that the road is far from being abandoned like most you will like to believe.

I travel between Ibadan and Lagos alot for business purpose, hence I know what I am saying

Flood is a natural phenomenon that occurs everywhere in the world. It can even occur in some of the most developed of nations of the world.

let's call a spade a spade; you guys are only here to gloat nothing more, nothing less.

[b]If you truly know what you are saying, you will agree with me that designing a road is more than paving and asphalt, there is a lot of planning and consideration of what happened when it rained, but when the leader of the government only wanna paint the sand and pocket the remaining money, you will get what you are seeing right now.

Anyone with brain will do the math of how much money is lost for those kinda people in that traffic, how many people wont make it to the office and yet have to get paid
How many people will die all because of that foolishness, How will ambulance get to the hospital carrying a sick person?
How many will be infected with one thing or the other?

I will hate to hear that the topography of the area and the natural rain is the reason why this happen, Bros, it is lack of planning and foolishness of the leaders that causes such.

I am not here to gloat but here to tell us how it is, that we are more than what we are getting from the so called leaders and we are better than just letting them use us to lay their pockets

Stop thinking that i am here to make fun of the state, we are all in same corner except you are part of the problem and sharing in the national cake[/b]
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by remzytimer: 8:55pm On Apr 05, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Heaven seems to smile to Nigerians at last yesterday after the heatwave that hits the country. Some major part of the country experience a heavy downpour yesterday, from Lagos to Ibadan to Abeokuta, Mowe and some other parts experience the showers. As good as the rain is to the body and the environment, it leaves its trademark with the people of Iwo Road, Ibadan as everywhere was flooded.

According to images seen on social media, Iwo Road, Ibadan is blocked after the rainfall which caused heavy traffic around this area.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/04/roads-blocked-as-flood-takes-over-iwo.html

Father, please remember Abuja oooo
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Iamgrey5(m): 8:58pm On Apr 05, 2019
Fhemmmy:

[b]If you truly know what you are saying, you will agree with me that designing a road is more than paving and asphalt, there is a lot of planning and consideration of what happened when it rained, but when the leader of the government only wanna paint the sand and pocket the remaining money, you will get what you are seeing right now.

Anyone with brain will do the math of how much money is lost for those kinda people in that traffic, how many people wont make it to the office and yet have to get paid
How many people will die all because of that foolishness, How will ambulance get to the hospital carrying a sick person?
How many will be infected with one thing or the other?

I will hate to hear that the topography of the area and the natural rain is the reason why this happen, Bros, it is lack of planning and foolishness of the leaders that causes such.

I am not here to gloat but here to tell us how it is, that we are more than what we are getting from the so called leaders and we are better than just letting them use us to lay their pockets

Stop thinking that i am here to make fun of the state, we are all in same corner except you are part of the problem and sharing in the national cake[/b]
Bro you think the road was actually constructed yesterday or what?

Those roads were constructed nearly four decades ago. Yet, these type of occurrence are rare.

I believed you should have known that proper planning was done for it to last the test of time.

Oh please ! "save me the I care about good governance shii", I know you will hide whenever any problem in your region is exposed to the public.
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by InvertedHammer: 9:01pm On Apr 05, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Lol, Tinubu is actually the emperor of the Southwest and he is the current king maker of Nigeria, without Tinubu and his Abracadabra politics from the southwest, it will be difficult to be a president in Nigeria, l salute his doggednes, Tinubu is the godfather of Nigeria politics grin
/
Going by the results of the 2019 election, Tinubu has no influence beyond SW and marginal influence in the SW. Buhari got the North locked in.

SW:

APC: Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun
PDP: Oyo, Ondo

Osun(?)

This is not an impressive result from a regional godfather. Kingmaker of Nigerian politics? No! By population, whoever controls the 3K (Kano, Kaduna, Katsina) is the dondada.

/
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Fhemmmy: 9:03pm On Apr 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Bro you think the road was actually constructed yesterday or what?

Those roads were constructed nearly four decades ago. Yet, these type of occurrence are rare.

I believed you should have known that proper planning was done for it to last the test of time.

Oh please ! "save me the I care about good governance shii", I know you will hide whenever any problem in your region is exposed to the public.

so you mean inherited problems should be massaged and lived with instead of making it better? The fore fathers that created this has limited foresight and resources as well as technology to make it stand the test of such time as this, so it is the duty of a good child to be better than what his or her father left behind for her or him.
Again, stop spitting fire on me bros, you don't even know my region and please note i am a Nigerian regardless of what region i am from.
Mind you, OYO state has always been known of water issues, so when will the people or the leader start to get it right because rain will always drop, but the ground must be made properly to handle the rain when it falls.
Enough is said but if you are happy with the state of how things are for you in OYO, who am i to complain, enjoy it bros, else, join mouth to condemn what is not RIGHT.
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by ridbell01(m): 9:03pm On Apr 05, 2019
SLAP44:

They keep getting unlucky with government they choose. Sometimes only one man sits at Bourdillion road and decides to grim fate of an entire region.
God will heal you soon
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Iamgrey5(m): 9:08pm On Apr 05, 2019
Fhemmmy:

so you mean inherited problems should be massaged and lived with instead of making it better? The fore fathers that created this has limited foresight and resources as well as technology to make it stand the test of such time as this, so it is the duty of a good child to be better than what his or her father left behind for her or him.
Again, stop spitting fire on me bros, you don't even know my region and please note i am a Nigerian regardless of what region i am from.
Mind you, OYO state has always been known of water issues, so when will the people or the leader start to get it right because rain will always drop, but the ground must be made properly to handle the rain when it falls.
Enough is said but if you are happy with the state of how things are for you in OYO, who am i to complain, enjoy it bros, else, join mouth to condemn what is not RIGHT.
What water issues?
is it when a reservoir bursted in the 60's causing a flood popularly known as imiyale amongst the populace, have you ever seen such occurrence in Ibadan again?

Oyo state populace are some the most politically aware people in Nigeria, we have wasted very little time in throwing out leaders that are seen as non performing in the past.

We will do it over and over again.

We don't need your hypocritical sympathy. smiley

1 Like

Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Fhemmmy: 9:12pm On Apr 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
What water issues?
is it when a reservoir bursted in the 60's causing a flood popularly known as imiyale amongst the populace, have you ever seen such occurrence in Ibadan again?

Oyo state populace are some the most politically aware people in Nigeria, we have wasted very little time in throwing out leaders that are seen as non performing in the past.

Bros, go and talk to fish farmers in OYO state and come back to discuss what happened to them during last year rain season, many lost their livelihood with the flood, please remind me of one year that flood never wash away OYO state.
It is easier for you to drive from IBADAN to LAGOS and say all is well with OYO while those that are really affected are yet to recover from last year's flood.
OYO needs to revamp their drainage system, they are one of the most educated in Nigeria. . . Again, what made you think i am not from same region as you, tribalism has eaten too deep into you that you now think anyone that see things differently is from another region.

Let's not allow the leaders to divide us because that is all they want, OYO has flood issue and it takes real action to take care of it
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by AngelicBeing: 9:13pm On Apr 05, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/
Going by the results of the 2019 election, Tinubu has no influence beyond SW and marginal influence in the SW. Buhari got the North locked in.

SW:

APC: Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun
PDP: Oyo, Ondo

Osun(?)

This is not an impressive result from a regional godfather. Kingmaker of Nigerian politics? No! By population, whoever controls the 3K (Kano, Kaduna, Katsina) is the dondada.

/
You have a point though but Tinubu has been relevant since 1999 till date, feeding fat from politics and he is the life governor general of lagos, lagos is like a mini country within a country, he sacked Ambode for refusing to give him goat meat and bigstout, nawao grin
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Fhemmmy: 9:14pm On Apr 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
What water issues?

Even after the OMINYALE thing, has OYO done anything to prevent such from happening again?
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by sharpwriter(m): 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Bro/Sis I don't have any link as most of those threads were deleted. smiley And I don't think I have the strength to dig up some of the more recent ones because she is not worth my stress wink or anyone's stress for that matter.

However, I will employ you to go to the sexuality sub-section in the romance section and search for Ashewo beerplalor threads. You will catch a glimpse of her travails there smiley

Hmmmm... It's well
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Carlyboi(m): 9:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
BecaciaBarbie:
Those magical NYSC moments I had in Oyo state... Highly unforgettable!!! I love Oyo state, Isemile to be precise. smiley
You mean iseyin?lol!and did you serve in ib city or another town
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Iamgrey5(m): 9:26pm On Apr 05, 2019
Fhemmmy:

Bros, go and talk to fish farmers in OYO state and come back to discuss what happened to them during last year rain season, many lost their livelihood with the flood, please remind me of one year that flood never wash away OYO state.
It is easier for you to drive from IBADAN to LAGOS and say all is well with OYO while those that are really affected are yet to recover from last year's flood.
OYO needs to revamp their drainage system, they are one of the most educated in Nigeria. . . Again, what made you think i am not from same region as you, tribalism has eaten too deep into you that you now think anyone that see things differently is from another region.

Let's not allow the leaders to divide us because that is all they want, OYO has flood issue and it takes real action to take care of it
What tribalism has eaten deep into me? Did I insult any tribe so far in our discussions?

I never said you are not from my region, but you are the one insinuating it smiley

How many fish farmers do we have in Oyo state to begin with?

How many freah water passes through Oyo state?

Oyo has no flood issues, perhaps other problems but not flood issues.

When was the last time you heard about any critical flood/erosion issues like you hear from east and see in Lagos state in Oyo state?

1 Like

Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Iamgrey5(m): 9:33pm On Apr 05, 2019
Fhemmmy:

Even after the OMINYALE thing, has OYO done anything to prevent such from happening again?
Apart from dredging the side of the river to ensure the water has more channels to flow, people were banned from building near the River.

Why do think you haven't heard of another Omiyale for nearly four decades smiley

1 Like

Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by BecaciaBarbie(f): 9:34pm On Apr 05, 2019
Carlyboi:
You mean iseyin?lol!and did you serve in ib city or another town
Lol after Iseyin, but I can't deny the good and beautiful memories I had in Iseyin as well, coupled with the beautiful roads there... I hope it's still same way.

Oh no, I served inside Oyo state, Okeho city. I'm sure I'd have had a boring service year if I was posted to IB city... I had so many adventures in Isemile, beautiful landscapes and mountains... My service year experience was all I hoped it would be and even more... Now I want to cry just thinking about those magical moments. sad
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by VolvoS60(m): 9:48pm On Apr 05, 2019
adioolayi:
It should be as a result of ongoing dualization of Gate-Iwo road construction works

^^^^
grin

Na so.
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Carlyboi(m): 9:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
[quote author=BecaciaBarbie post=77298174]
Lol after Iseyin, but I can't deny the good and beautiful memories I had in Iseyin as well, coupled with the beautiful roads there... I hope it's still same way.

Oh no, I served inside Oyo state, Okeho city. I'm sure I'd have had a boring service year if I was posted to IB city... I had so many adventures in Isemile, beautiful landscapes and mountains... My service year experience was all I hoped it would be and even more... Now I want to cry just lthinking about those magical moments.Awww!i guess you really enjoyed your service year well funny I don’t even know bout isemile tho!and it’s unbelievable your so much enjoyed your stay in okeho tho I have only been to oyo and ogbomosho asides ib in oyo state...but trust me babe no place like ib asides Lagos as a state in south west ib is the real deal and I’m dead sure you’d love ib more...I know a couple guys that came for music but won’t go back as at the last time we talked they got an apartment and stayed back lol....no place like ib babe trust me!100!
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by VolvoS60(m): 9:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
Icon79:
Brown roof and brown water = double dose grin

O pari

^^^^

grin grin
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Natoski5(m): 9:56pm On Apr 05, 2019
This flood still d learn work na..
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2019
[quote author=Carlyboi post=77298568][/quote]
Well I was born in the city and lived in the city "Lagos" all my life, so living in IB wouldn't have given me that village adventure I had always craved for! I stayed in IB couple of weeks with my cousin, so I know it is a very boring city haha no offense please lol I wished I could send you pics of my adventures in Isemile, maybe you'd relate unless you are the type who hates the quiet life. Isemile is one of the most beautiful towns, nice roads, nice village hang outs, nice people, spacious, the corpers lodge was perfect... One room to each corper, the naughty goats I had to chase several times for eating our food stuff, the late night walks with my lodgemates, the midnight gisting and laughter outside the lodge, the neighbors we visited every night, the fellowship, the mountains we explored for picnics, the cheap food stuff, the narrow roads to our PPA, the beautiful ancient structures, the special treatment from villagers etc we were about 8 corpers in the lodge and it felt like we were all blood brothers and sisters.
Oh by the way, I knew I was going to enjoy my service year immediately I stepped into Iseyin NYSC camp.... See fine camp and hostel... Abeg.... My service year was Super Duper Awesome!!!! I thank God for this. smiley
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by bakry86: 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2019
Fhemmmy:

I am laughing in OYO language . . . .Disappointment will soon wake many back into reality

If u r praying for his failure, don't forget we r all in for it irrespective of ur political affiliation. He will succeed, God willing. And u will be disappointed....
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by VolvoS60(m): 10:06pm On Apr 05, 2019
Funny thread. grin

Some very thin skinned, sensitive, defensive people on here. They can dish it out in spades but they can't take it - not even a teaspoonful (or two)! grin

The pictures don't lie. There's a reason why it is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. But that isn't even the issue here.

Some of us are actually very familiar with the area shown in that picture - and we are mystified at the strident denial of reality on this thread!

The truth shall make us free. wink
Re: Iwo Road In Ibadan Flooded, Roads Blocked - Photos by Iamgrey5(m): 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2019
^^
Haha haha
Another idiot cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way / Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos / FRSC Recovers N27.1M At Scene Of Osun Road Crash That Killed Six Persons (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.