Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Nigerian Fraudulent Bank Charges: Why Is No One Saying Anything ? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Fraudulent Bank Charges: Why Is No One Saying Anything ? (357 Views)

Don't Be A Victim. Opay Is A Fraudulent Bank. / The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians / Is UBA Now A Fraudulent Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Fraudulent Bank Charges: Why Is No One Saying Anything ? by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:17pm On Apr 05, 2019
Hello,
I came across this piece and decided to share it here..can someone tell me why no body not even our National Assembly saying anything about this stuff mention here below..please read.

DOCTOR OLUFUNMILAYO WROTE : 'I have lived in UK a few years now and NEVER has my bank ever charged me one penny for bank transfer.
NEVER. NOT ONCE.
I’m sorry. But that 52 naira 50kobo that Nigerian banks deduct per transaction, what exactly is it for?
Why is no one speaking out against this blatant fraud?
Next is the fraudulent “Card Maintenance Fees” by our Nigerian banks. Please how are you maintaining a card that lives in my wallet?
I have about 3-4 UK Bank Cards here. Both credit cards and debit cards.
I have NEVER paid any such thing as a “Card Maintenance Fee”.
NEVER EVER.
The Nigerian Banking Sector is an unfortunately over-bloated industry that thrives on systemically entrenched policies that terribly defrauds us Nigerians and lives on cheating the average citizen of the hard earned money that is entrusted in their care to help save and invest.
You want to send money to someone from your Nigerian bank account and you first have to plan an extra 52 naira 50kobo.
Money that is electronically sent from one Nigerian bank account to another Nigerian bank account
What exactly is the charges for?
Why is this fraud tolerated?
Someone said the charges goes to NIPOST. I want to believe it is mere trolling as it makes absolutely no sense.
Please, How is Nipost involved in an ELECTRONIC money transfer?
Did I put the money in an envelope and post it? Or what?
We deserve better.
This is systemic cruelty.
When I applied for ATM Cards in UK (both debit and credit), I was NEVER charged a penny.
The card is given free.
And “maintenance”, if there’s any such thing, is done free.
IF we never get the chance to see how things happen in other places, we won’t know we are being cheated.
When I applied for an ATM Card in Nigeria, I was charged 1,000 naira to have one.
And I’m being charged some extra regularly in the pretence of an imaginary “Card Maintenance Fees”.
This is systemic corruption and a fundamental banking fraud aimed at impoverishing us Nigerians.
Let’s do a little maths, dear friends.
According to NIBSS, as at December 2017, there was almost 65,000 daily Electronic Fund Transfers in 2017.
At 52.50 naira per transaction, that’s over 3 million naira a day.
And about 1 billion naira a year.
Should this fraud continue?'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Fraudulent Bank Charges: Why Is No One Saying Anything ? by Starpro87(m): 6:07am On Apr 09, 2019
valentineuwakwe:

Hello,
I came across this piece and decided to share it here..can someone tell me why no body not even our National Assembly saying anything about this stuff mention here below..please read.

DOCTOR OLUFUNMILAYO WROTE : 'I have lived in UK a few years now and NEVER has my bank ever charged me one penny for bank transfer.
NEVER. NOT ONCE.
I’m sorry. But that 52 naira 50kobo that Nigerian banks deduct per transaction, what exactly is it for?
Why is no one speaking out against this blatant fraud?
Next is the fraudulent “Card Maintenance Fees” by our Nigerian banks. Please how are you maintaining a card that lives in my wallet?
I have about 3-4 UK Bank Cards here. Both credit cards and debit cards.
I have NEVER paid any such thing as a “Card Maintenance Fee”.
NEVER EVER.
The Nigerian Banking Sector is an unfortunately over-bloated industry that thrives on systemically entrenched policies that terribly defrauds us Nigerians and lives on cheating the average citizen of the hard earned money that is entrusted in their care to help save and invest.
You want to send money to someone from your Nigerian bank account and you first have to plan an extra 52 naira 50kobo.
Money that is electronically sent from one Nigerian bank account to another Nigerian bank account
What exactly is the charges for?
Why is this fraud tolerated?
Someone said the charges goes to NIPOST. I want to believe it is mere trolling as it makes absolutely no sense.
Please, How is Nipost involved in an ELECTRONIC money transfer?
Did I put the money in an envelope and post it? Or what?
We deserve better.
This is systemic cruelty.
When I applied for ATM Cards in UK (both debit and credit), I was NEVER charged a penny.
The card is given free.
And “maintenance”, if there’s any such thing, is done free.
IF we never get the chance to see how things happen in other places, we won’t know we are being cheated.
When I applied for an ATM Card in Nigeria, I was charged 1,000 naira to have one.
And I’m being charged some extra regularly in the pretence of an imaginary “Card Maintenance Fees”.
This is systemic corruption and a fundamental banking fraud aimed at impoverishing us Nigerians.
Let’s do a little maths, dear friends.
According to NIBSS, as at December 2017, there was almost 65,000 daily Electronic Fund Transfers in 2017.
At 52.50 naira per transaction, that’s over 3 million naira a day.
And about 1 billion naira a year.
Should this fraud continue?'
FRONTPAGE WORTHY.
If I choose to save #20,000 in my diamond/Access bank account, to use in a year time, the truth is that;
I will have less than #18,000 after 12 months. The profits they declare every year end are customers' losses. It is a bitter experience.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Invest 250,000 Naira, Get 100% On Your Investment / Simply Tell Us If U Know / Itune Card Email Delivery $10,$15,$25,$50,$75,$100 Above

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.