Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

I’m Tired - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I’m Tired (2160 Views)

I’m Seeking For A Job with accommodation. / I Was Deployed By Npower But I’m Far From My State / I’m Tired Of Life: No Job And No Hope Of Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Tired by clow(m): 6:54am On Apr 06, 2019

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Tired by yetiyemi88: 7:08am On Apr 06, 2019
Hi Clow, I'm actually glad I took the time to read the entire post. Well, not being spiritual here but truthfully, to everything under the sun, there is a time and season. Things will fall in place with time. Just trust the process. And honestly, you'd be surprised when everything turns around for good. Just keep at what you are doing and remain strong.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Tired by Chuks9000: 7:20am On Apr 06, 2019
I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
Ecclesiastes 9:11 KJV

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Tired by XD3G: 7:35am On Apr 06, 2019
Hi Clow, while i feel sad about your current situation, i can tell you, there's a silver lining just right behind the cloud.

It's true most people go thru some of these before making it in life, but unfortunately, not all of us are wired to brave the odds, hence, some resort to suicide as the only way out, vices, taking the laws into their hands, etc, just to survive.

Please, you gotta keep trying, and never become despondent, nor crest-fallen. Remember, you have people looking up to you, what you do will sway them either way.

In the meantime, could you please drop your contact, let's see wha we can do together?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Tired by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 06, 2019
Hey Clow, many ppl are facing more than wot u described as difficulty here, but u may not know dat because there's no meeting for people suffering. U just av to b strong n keep trying.

Life is full of good n bad sides, if u dont give up, u'l smile at last dear...Yea, we wil all smile at last. Pls dont give up.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Tired by ineco(m): 7:47am On Apr 06, 2019
@clow,i red ur post,but to me,still count ur self luck for still u could still afford to pay for something eg the elt exam etc there are some people who cnt afford such in result of no money but i will give advice of go into personal fasting without telling anyone or if u knw any thru man of God,dnt hesitate .

3 Likes

Re: I’m Tired by awaky: 7:47am On Apr 06, 2019
At just 30 u're thinking this hard ? Yes u're not getting younger I know but never see your successful colleagues as your competitors but rather as motivators. Too much attention on things happening around you can make u loose focus on your own jorney of life. Stay focused and have vision towards that particular passion burning in you and u will be celebrated at your own appointed time.
In all, acknowledge God in all your ways and He will direct your path,
Cheers...

4 Likes

Re: I’m Tired by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:14am On Apr 06, 2019
clow:
The heading pretty much sums it all up, but so I give an insight as to why I feel this way I’ll explain.
Life I will say hasn’t been fair, from job search to even getting what I want, it’s mostly been about an “almost” tale for me. Almost gotten a good job, almost gotten good grades, almost travelled out and every other thing.
I lost out on getting a good job, I was with an organization for 5 years and will say accepting that offer was the biggest mistake I made, while working there i know of people who have grown career wise,gotten better jobs as a result of experience gotten, in my case I remained there, didn’t gain anything tangible, I resigned last year October, got another offer with same pay, in all honesty the latter organization would have been better,if i had spent the last 5 years and now feels like I’m starting all over again and I don’t know what the future holds for me here, ill be 30 next month and a contract staff and will be staffed based on performance (bear in mind it took some people 2 years to get staffed here)
I’ve tried several times applying for US(student and tourist ),Canada(student visa )South Africa visa’s but I’ve been denied,I have given advice to friends with regards to their visa application and they all got their visas approved and just under 2 years outside the country they doing well and even gotten offers from multi national companies that ordinarily will be difficult over here to even get called for assessment.
Within the past two months I have applied for numerous jobs online but I end up getting rejection mails(its really frustrating ),within the past 3 weeks I’ve gotten close to 10 rejection mails.
I have tried the Canadian Express program, written IELTS twice with 8.5’s and 9’s,but my writing keeps messing me up with,6.5 on both attempt,bear in mind this exam costs about 80k.
Career wise I enrolled for an international professional certification that cost me a lot,thankfully I passed ,hoping it would help.
I’m the first child with so much to prove ,justify the monies spent on my education by my extended family, hardly keep in touch with them these days not because I’m proud but it’s rather because I think of how they feel seeing me struggle ,having spent so much on my education, I have a mother and younger siblings, feels like I’m not living up to expectations.
Now this isn’t a matter of comparing myself with others, friends we all graduated from school are all doing well and I’m lagging behind, and I wonder where did I go wrong, what didn’t i do rIght.
I’m not looking for pity, I just needed a platform to vent and express myself as I am unable to share all this with people around me, people see me as the cheerful, calm and reserved guy, yes I am,but I have my demons I’m battling with and it seems they are starting to over power me. Advice and constructive criticisms also are welcome.
Suicidal thoughts? Yes, but will I?,No!!

Bro u just reeled out my life's history .I'm facing almost the same situation,just that i have only worked for 1year after Nysc,and the work is not helping my career at all. Nairaland has been my relaxation spot in place of beer palours.Sometimes I appear tribal here but its strictly just for the fun.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Tired by newinsta: 9:48am On Apr 06, 2019
I was in this situation sometime ago, this was how I got out, I got rare skill(to kill competition) make my skills enterprising(didn't apply for job) today am happier and even looking for who to hier

3 Likes

Re: I’m Tired by Skinnienigga(m): 10:39am On Apr 06, 2019
*sigh

Even though I understand what you may be feeling.. I think you have a lot of positives to look at too.

I mean, you are under 30, with a professional certification, 5 years working experience and you still have a job now.

I think your problem is not having a backup plan.. Seems you were really intent on leaving the country and as that didn't work.. You feel you have achieved nothing. But bro.. You can't begin to count how many people out there who are hoping to be where you are.

Just try to make a plan for your life now.. Use what you have in hand and work towards getting where you want to be. I know it seems like you've lost motivation like Real Madrid players but don't give up. Continue to push but plan on where you are pushing to first.

Good luck and please always be grateful. You have already achieved more than several other 30-year-olds out there.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Tired by Ugochinyere1(f): 11:43am On Apr 06, 2019
Hello dear, your story is quite real...
I see you're thinking of your mates and colleagues doing far greater than you, but remember some of your mates have been long dead, some in prisons for even crimes they never committed, some have lost their minds; roaming the streets or in psychiatric homes, some with terminal diseases....the list goes on, and on...
In life, everyone has a battle to face, but your attitude towards yours determines a whole lot.
Life is a gift, I think it's time to also count your blessings, be calm and look at the positive side of life..because giving up now is but a wrong idea, ....
Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: I’m Tired by wiseone28: 11:54am On Apr 06, 2019
newinsta:
I was in this situation sometime ago, this was how I got out, I got rare skill(to kill competition) make my skills enterprising(didn't apply for job) today am happier and even looking for who to hier

Hire

1 Like

Re: I’m Tired by Larryfest(m): 12:07pm On Apr 06, 2019
Dude not to sound like a competition or whatever but all you just wrote is way smaller to what i'm presently going through but as long as i am able to see what to eat daily i believe there's hope and definitely a light at the end of the tunnel for me so dude cheer up and shake it off and like my mama usually says "it will all come to an end one day cos nothing stays the same forever"...

1 Like

Re: I’m Tired by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
Sigh, am facing almost something similar, d only difference is that am not d first born. But man, You can just see the expectations & aspirations in everybody's eyes, the way they even speak.

The freaking pressure, I just pray I don't disappoint them, right now thier plans align with what am doing, I just hope & pray to God it goes that way, so that everybody will be happy.

I seriously don't wanna disappoint my parents & Family

3 Likes

Re: I’m Tired by Hassy4(f): 12:30pm On Apr 06, 2019
newinsta:
Hire me please
Re: I’m Tired by Lagbaja01(m): 12:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
[b]Bro, I really want to thank you for sharing your life's struggles on a platform like this, it really serves as a relief and a ray of hope for me that I am not alone in my struggles as I am also facing similar challenges...when I graduated in 2012, I thought my greatest mistake was to come out with a 2.2. After my NYSC in 2013, I got an hotel job of wc I resigned after 6 months cos my morals doesnt support such working environment. I stayed home for two months before I got a recommendation for master degree in environmental science of wch i completed in 2yrs with PhD grade (2016), I thought to myself, now with M.Sc, securing that job would be easier!.....as I'm typing, I still haven't secured that dream job and I'm still applying to every relivant vacancies i see online. I can't even account for how much I had spent on traveling for an interview....the complaint has always been working experience?...I can't apply for PhD cos i dont want to be a burden my parent any more because at my age ( my dad had gotten married 3yrs earlier). The question that keeps poping up on my head is "if I am not been given an opportunity to work, how can I have a working experience?...presently am into cryptotrading (online business) and into catfish production (offline business ), I can hatch/breed and process Clarias effectively, but presently business is slow as I lack sufficient funds to start on a medium level (I applied for this year's Tony Elumelu Foundation but I wasn't selected).. You can engaged in a legit business at the moment, we never can tell what God can do with that business.

Dear Clow, in this trying moment of life, lots of bad thoughts usually floods one's mind, never give in to those thoughts, put your trust in God and in all you do acknowledge Him.... your victory is certain![/b]

clow:
The heading pretty much sums it all up, but so I give an insight as to why I feel this way I’ll explain.
Life I will say hasn’t been fair, from job search to even getting what I want, it’s mostly been about an “almost” tale for me. Almost gotten a good job, almost gotten good grades, almost travelled out and every other thing.
I lost out on getting a good job, I was with an organization for 5 years and will say accepting that offer was the biggest mistake I made, while working there i know of people who have grown career wise,gotten better jobs as a result of experience gotten, in my case I remained there, didn’t gain anything tangible, I resigned last year October, got another offer with same pay, in all honesty the latter organization would have been better,if i had spent the last 5 years and now feels like I’m starting all over again and I don’t know what the future holds for me here, ill be 30 next month and a contract staff and will be staffed based on performance (bear in mind it took some people 2 years to get staffed here)
I’ve tried several times applying for US(student and tourist ),Canada(student visa )South Africa visa’s but I’ve been denied,I have given advice to friends with regards to their visa application and they all got their visas approved and just under 2 years outside the country they doing well and even gotten offers from multi national companies that ordinarily will be difficult over here to even get called for assessment.
Within the past two months I have applied for numerous jobs online but I end up getting rejection mails(its really frustrating ),within the past 3 weeks I’ve gotten close to 10 rejection mails.
I have tried the Canadian Express program, written IELTS twice with 8.5’s and 9’s,but my writing keeps messing me up with,6.5 on both attempt,bear in mind this exam costs about 80k.
Career wise I enrolled for an international professional certification that cost me a lot,thankfully I passed ,hoping it would help.
I’m the first child with so much to prove ,justify the monies spent on my education by my extended family, hardly keep in touch with them these days not because I’m proud but it’s rather because I think of how they feel seeing me struggle ,having spent so much on my education, I have a mother and younger siblings, feels like I’m not living up to expectations.
Now this isn’t a matter of comparing myself with others, friends we all graduated from school are all doing well and I’m lagging behind, and I wonder where did I go wrong, what didn’t i do rIght.
I’m not looking for pity, I just needed a platform to vent and express myself as I am unable to share all this with people around me, people see me as the cheerful, calm and reserved guy, yes I am,but I have my demons I’m battling with and it seems they are starting to over power me. Advice and constructive criticisms also are welcome.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Tired by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 06, 2019
Only on nairaland do you have people who have no clue giving you advise .. undecided
Re: I’m Tired by dhope: 1:14pm On Apr 06, 2019
clow:
brother, please don't see the advice as the one from a spiritual fanatic. We human beings used to trivialize spiritual aspect of life and always focus on physical. Yes, it's good to keep building capacity but if u keep experiencing strange thing after ur physical efforts I think u need to trace matter to ur root. I had similar experience in the past even with terrible dreams that confirmed stagnancy.
This is what I did and it might also work for you. Firstly, I reviewed my situation just like uve done and I decided that enough is enough.
Secondly, I went to see my spiritual mentor and I was guided by that minister of God that spiritual controls the physical and that my foundation is different frm that of my friends, so also will our hurdles to success will differ. Then I was advised to surrender my life to Christ and look for a Bible believing church.
Thirdly, I willingly joined MFM church branch that was closed to my house and from there I understand what failure at the edge of breakthrough means and how enemy can use this weapon and others to waste the time of man from cradle to grave.
Lastly, I am not here to advertise church to you but don't be deceived by the common belief that ur time has not come. Yes there's time for everything under the sun but hear that frm God and don't assume this for ur life. it is well with you.

1 Like

Re: I’m Tired by chrisifeanyi: 1:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
I was like u before. I started playing bet9ja, hit 5M and if you see my business now. Although sometimes I feel like I want to work in an office. I have people that sale for me sometimes I feel am lazy. I go to shop anytime I like and come back at will.
Re: I’m Tired by Francisayo(m): 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2019
LOOK AT YOUR MATES!!!

This statement has pushed many to unprepared marriages, prisons and their early graves

Be Careful.....

Op u need prayer as we all need.......

I'm a graduate, looking for job for all these while yet all my efforts still not working.....

I'm still at home eating my mama's food.....can u see d shame? Thank God and see d miracle He will do
Re: I’m Tired by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2019
Never compare yourself to others. Comparing yourself to others is the fastest way to make yourself depressed. Focus on your own goals and if something doesn't work out, don't give up on the goal, just change the plan. Be persistent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Tired by ogawisdom(m): 2:16pm On Apr 06, 2019
Op your problem is comparing your self to others your mates you said lol ( I use to do the comparison way back but it's the surest way to be unhappy n ungrateful)

The story of life is different for everyone, alot of people will do better than you no matter how hard u work even your juniors even those u taught n there are millions of people that u will do better than too.

You have to be contented with what u have now while planning where you want to be.

As for the suicide if u try it the hottest part of hell awaits you angry

2 Likes

Re: I’m Tired by rawe45: 2:31pm On Apr 06, 2019
chrisifeanyi:
I was like u before. I started playing bet9ja, hit 5M and if you see my business now. Although sometimes I feel like I want to work in an office. I have people that sale for me sometimes I feel am lazy. I go to shop anytime I like and come back at will.

Come and drop games for boys o
Re: I’m Tired by Destined2win: 3:09pm On Apr 06, 2019
Chuks9000:
I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
Ecclesiastes 9:11 KJV
Thanks for this brother
Re: I’m Tired by janejive(f): 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hold on, don't give up, stay positive. No condition is permanent.
Re: I’m Tired by Agrostyles: 3:30pm On Apr 06, 2019
Lagbaja01:
[b]Bro, I really want to thank you for sharing your life's struggles on a platform like this, it really serves as a relief and a ray of hope for me that I am not alone in my struggles as I am also facing similar challenges...when I graduated in 2012, I thought my greatest mistake was to come out with a 2.2. After my NYSC in 2013, I got an hotel job of wc I resigned after 6 months cos my morals doesnt support such working environment. I stayed home for two months before I got a recommendation for master degree in environmental science of wch i completed in 2yrs with PhD grade (2016), I thought to myself, now with M.Sc, securing that job would be easier!.....as I'm typing, I still haven't secured that dream job and I'm still applying to every relivant vacancies i see online. I can't even account for how much I had spent on traveling for an interview....the complaint has always been working experience?...I can't apply for PhD cos i dont want to be a burden my parent any more because at my age ( my dad had gotten married 3yrs earlier). The question that keeps poping up on my head is "if I am not been given an opportunity to work, how can I have a working experience?...presently am into cryptotrading (online business) and into catfish production (offline business ), I can hatch/breed and process Clarias effectively, but presently business is slow as I lack sufficient funds to start on a medium level (I applied for this year's Tony Elumelu Foundation but I wasn't selected).. You can engaged in a legit business at the moment, we never can tell what God can do with that business.

Dear Clow, in this trying moment of life, lots of bad thoughts usually floods one's mind, never give in to those thoughts, put your trust in God and in all you do acknowledge Him.... your victory is certain![/b]

Just like the op's post inspires you, yours inspires me. We are in same struggle, and as fate will have it, same business ( catfish farming). Might I get your number so I can learn a thing or two from you. Mine is 08101664680 cheers!!!
Re: I’m Tired by jasper83: 4:21pm On Apr 06, 2019
clow:

Hello Clow, i'm moved by your story. Firstly there is nothing wrong with you, all i see is a young vibrant and energetic young man with a strong passion for success, so calm down we have been there before. So few advice for you if you wish.

1. In situations like this you must try as much as possible to ignore things around you because life is not a competition everybody on their own lane. You envy your peers because of their achievements but God forbid if evil befalls their enemy you will thank God secretly its not you, since you envy their achievements why not envy their misfortunes too?

2. I may be wrong though but i see you as someone who doesn't concentrate on sensitive stuffs thats why you miss out on things by a whisker. You need to control your thoughts and emotions to focus on ONE particular thing at every giving time.

Search yourself deeply , what do you really want. Do i wanna go abroad or search for a better job? I dont see why you shouldn't blast your IELTS exams, you saying your writing skills messed you up is a no no for me, bury your damn head in books and be meticulous, i mean meticulous at filing any damn documents about your abroad dreams, seek advice from core professionals, watch every steps you take carefully as if you wanna report it to your boss. Concentrate bro, concentrate!!!

One of my Islamic cleric always advised that in times of tribulations we should concentrate on one particular thing that matter to us. He likened life to a very hard rock but God gave humans a very strong hammer . So keep hitting that particular spot on the rock and it will surely crack. Your hammer is your concentration, your hammer is your determination, your hammer is your extra hardwork, your hammer is your prayers!!!

Just keep hitting it on that one particular thing(either on a new good job or abroad dreams) and i see you succeeding exceedingly.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: I’m Tired by Firstorderwizard(m): 4:36pm On Apr 06, 2019
This thread is yet to reach fp because its not about snakes, sex,crime and celebrities.
What a world!
Re: I’m Tired by Edmen(m): 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
clow:

Idon't want want to want to go want to go into details about what am going through personally, but in all we just have to thank God ..
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Re: I’m Tired by Lagbaja01(m): 7:45pm On Apr 06, 2019
Good to meet you bro, will chat you up on whatsapp...ready to offer every information You need on catfish farming for free
Agrostyles:

Just like the op's post inspires you, yours inspires me. We are in same struggle, and as fate will have it, same business ( catfish farming). Might I get your number so I can learn a thing or two from you. Mine is 08101664680 cheers!!!
Re: I’m Tired by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 06, 2019
Re: I’m Tired by clow(m): 9:19pm On Apr 06, 2019
yetiyemi88:
Hi Clow, I'm actually glad I took the time to read the entire post. Well, not being spiritual here but truthfully, to everything under the sun, there is a time and season. Things will fall in place with time. Just trust the process. And honestly, you'd be surprised when everything turns around for good. Just keep at what you are doing and remain strong.
Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancies / Isp Job Offer / Globalseam Technologies' Saturday Interview Candidates...how Far?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.