Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen (36830 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by Juventus4life: 12:46pm On Apr 06, 2019
sukerefakere:
All I care about is Milan defeating Juventus this evening.

Wetin concern me with water

If u think Milan will defeat Juventus then a suckers punch await you
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by toluxa1(m): 12:47pm On Apr 06, 2019
2.5 Billion
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by realstars: 12:49pm On Apr 06, 2019
Now name who loose?
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by madridsta007(m): 12:54pm On Apr 06, 2019
360degreess:
Shame to those online pigs supporting him...hope it's clear to you guys now?

Shame to them.

Next, I see Kano's Gandollars Ganduje resigning too.
The scathing video evidence is something Buhari in his character of integrity can never put up with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by lastempero: 12:55pm On Apr 06, 2019
He cant afford to hear stories as regards to his retirement benefit.

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by albaniy1: 12:55pm On Apr 06, 2019
JUST TELL US THAT U RESIGN B CS PDP LOST

IDWET

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by Chuksmonika(m): 12:55pm On Apr 06, 2019
since yesterday,i have been reading Onoghen will be paid 2.5billion naira cash,not to talk of house and 100mili,please someone should tell me is a joke,we have thousand of retirees in nigeria who have not gotten their gratuity and retirement benefits,to get monthly pension sef na War...make this people dey check ooo if this is good oo,nakwa e' checki
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by SVC6000: 1:03pm On Apr 06, 2019
He That Dances The Drum Of The Ghost Shud Eva B Ready 2 Dine Wit Th Evil Cabinets.
Ghen Ghen Ghen Ghen!
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by TGMISKY(m): 1:07pm On Apr 06, 2019
If I was Walter, I'd resign and enjoy my over 2 billion naira. But this will surely pain Atiku

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by shegra58: 1:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
sukerefakere:

me sef na I stake am angry
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by sukerefakere(m): 1:15pm On Apr 06, 2019
Juventus4life:

If u think Milan will defeat Juventus then a suckers punch await you
let's wait and see

Forza Italia
shegra58:
me sef na I stake am angry
Na you sabi wetin you carry oo.

Milan na my Team
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by bakila: 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2019
Calculating:
Why didn't you resign at the initial stage of the allegation?
Because he has a right not to resign. He has a right to drag them put from their hallowed shiithill of hypocrisy for the world to see the evidence. His peer as jury fron the judiciary and neutrals saw it.
He left on a high with the evidence for posterity to judge.
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by ibnlawal(m): 1:18pm On Apr 06, 2019
sukerefakere:

Abi naa,
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by sevo(m): 1:22pm On Apr 06, 2019
2.5 billion for only 1 man!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 06, 2019
360degreess:
What's your point? That he was framed up by the APC to achieve their heinous plans or that resigned in the interest of judiciary ?
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by teepain: 1:24pm On Apr 06, 2019
BruncleZuma:
I would leave Nairaland for that amount and benefits ...this is not an APC or Buhari win. He collected more than was claimed he did not declare.

But why didn't he resign before now? He knew what he stood to gain if he resigned.
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by shogsman(m): 1:26pm On Apr 06, 2019
Over 3billion naira for a civil servant with the current situation of the country's economy, this country won't breakthrough anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by HeyCorleone(m): 1:29pm On Apr 06, 2019
360degreess:

It is quite clear that he has been armtwisted and disgraced beyond redemption. Do you imagine he'd be reinstated by the same FG that set him up for trial? Are you that rétarded? His image has been tarnished.

This was the only chance he had against further disgrace.

Think, idiot.
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by zlantanfan: 1:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
DMerciful:
We understand the need for a political solution.
You will see how people who have nothing will be excited that Onnoghen is leaving meanwhile he is leaving with well over #2.5 billion that they can never have till the end of time!
lol, that is just his perceived hype to get something for himself, what makes you think APC would even honour such agreement.

The guy saw the njc rejected him and had to quit, do you know an atiku presidency can even secure him an oil well itself?

Na him loose

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by BruncleZuma: 1:42pm On Apr 06, 2019
teepain:

But why didn't he resign before now? He knew what he stood to gain if he resigned.

The extra incentives were not there in beginning, just a tarnished reputation.
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by BrainSanitizer: 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2019
sukerefakere:

I see a 1-1 draw in that match.
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by wink2015(m): 1:53pm On Apr 06, 2019
JUSTICE ONNOGHEN TAKE BUHARI EYES SEE PEPPER.

Gone are the days when you just kick a public officer away from his job.

At least he is going with some honour to his name.
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by tonybabala: 2:00pm On Apr 06, 2019
Sometime I wonder how uneducated lots of
Readers and people are? How on earth do any right thinking person would believe that the former CJN is entitled to 2.5 billion cash? Not even a former president receive such. Nigerians are good at spreading and believing fake news. This whole news is all a hoax.
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by onmyowncj: 2:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
I shed tears for all these sensless nairalanders commenting becos they were influenced by the first person who commented before them,too bad evry other person follow the same idea without using their thinking facaulty that is if they have not wasted the one thier maker give them in the process of blowing indian hem,cjn water was unjustly dismissed so that 2019 election could be rigged with out justice judgment when challenged at the court,human judgment is filled with manipulation and favorism especially in favor of the person in power.the wisest thing for him to do is to retire after proving to a large extent during trial that his case is not such to dismiss a cjn ,that is if you followed the court proceedings.this is what I feel in expressing my foundermental human rights freedom of speech.
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by thedio(m): 2:03pm On Apr 06, 2019
freemanbubble:
The high ranking jurist is entitled to a N2.5 billion cash, a house for him in Abuja, N100 million for furnishing, a number of domestic staff and sundry allowances for personal upkeep — in addition to a severance gratuity that is 300% of his annual basic salary of N3,363,972.50, as well as pension for life.

Imagine all these for one man

I give up on Nigeria
The package was put together to prevent them from taking bribe but if u put a pig in a flat with floor tiles,it will still find its way to the mud
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by thedio(m): 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2019
onmyowncj:
I shed tears for all these sensless nairalanders commenting becos they were influenced by the first person who commented before them,too bad evry other person follow the same idea without using their thinking facaulty that is if they have not wasted the one thier maker give them in the process of blowing indian hem,cjn water was unjustly dismissed so that 2019 election could be rigged with out justice judgment when challenged at the court,human judgment is filled with manipulation and favorism especially in favor of the person in power.the wisest thing for him to do is to retire after proving to a large extent during trial that his case is not such to dismiss a cjn ,that is if you followed the court proceedings.this is what I feel in expressing my foundermental human rights freedom of speech.
I agree with u to some extent but tell me this man is innocent concerning those allegations. Let me ask u a question, av u Eva experienced injustice?
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by teepain: 2:20pm On Apr 06, 2019
BruncleZuma:

The extra incentives were not there in beginning, just a tarnished reputation.

Nope. These are standard incentives and they haven't being reviewed. I think Onoghen wants to avoid further scrutiny which is a wise thing to do because majority of the benchers in this country cannot withstand critical financial scrutiny.
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by BruncleZuma: 2:21pm On Apr 06, 2019
teepain:

Nope. These are standard incentives and they haven't being reviewed. I think Onoghen wants to avoid further scrutiny which is a wise thing to do because majority of the benchers in this country cannot withstand critical financial scrutiny.

2.3Billion settlement...he better increasing the GDP by 250%
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by Oshin56(m): 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2019
2.5billion,100m and house at Abuja and some people that there father did not have common container will happy because of his r resignation
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by aero1: 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2019
Atiquiters right now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

21 INEC Resident Commissioners Reject Postponement Of Elections / Photos Of Orji Uzor Kalu & Buhari Laughing Hard @d Nat. Security Sumit Today / More Photos Of Saraki And Omisore Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.