Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,202 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen (36828 Views)

Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN / Photo: President Buhari And CJN Walter Onnoghen At Armed Forces Remembrance Day / Court Stops FG From Trying Walter Onnoghen, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by onmyowncj: 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2019
thedio:
I agree with u to some extent but tell me this man is innocent concerning those allegations. Let me ask u a question, av u Eva experienced injustice?
injustice makes me feel like I can single handedly wipe out a clan ,just to vindicate the victim,I hate injustice naturally,onneghen is not a saint but then I feel like he was targeted and probed becos he is or is being suspected to be on the other side of power,if he were obviously theirs,his mistake would not have been mentioned not to talk of exaggerating it as FG did,so on my "ignorance"I feel he was dismissed unjustly
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by mindtricks: 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2019
DMerciful:
We understand the need for a political solution.
You will see how people who have nothing will be excited that Onnoghen is leaving meanwhile he is leaving with well over #2.5 billion that they can never have till the end of time!

This is Nigeria. The resignation of the jurist wont still stop same government from shielding those with worse "offence" whom they choose not to prosecute due to their bias. Until the so called anti-corruption war takes the shape and form that the even those worse people in Buhari's camp and good book are not spared, all this is nothing but total rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by LogicStatement: 4:48pm On Apr 06, 2019
MobilityExpress:

If the CJN is getting all this, then only God knows what our former Presidents , ex-Governors and representatives are getting, not to mention ministers and other heads of parastatals, and then we wonder why Nigeria is still a poor 3rd world nation where the poor live with less than $1 per day. The Nigerian government is too costly to run. The day we cut down our government is the day we begin to experience real economic growth
Absolutely, you are very correct.
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by Oponel1962: 5:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
I do hope every Nigerian will be treated this way if such a scenario play out with them?

No more guilt and law.
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by dochenaj: 5:46pm On Apr 06, 2019
It's unfortunate that this is happening, it shows that the Judiciary has been compromised and is not an independent arm of Government.
The NJC members has been warned that they would get the Onnoghen treatment if they don't dance according to the tune.
Now that the CCT trial of Onnoghen is coming short and it appears he might end up not being really indicted as there is not enough evidence to indict him. The presidency has played the NJC card, of course the man knows that it is over, hence his resignation but if I were him, I'll remain stubborn to the end.
Now they will use this against him to justify the witch hunt.
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by romeorailss: 6:18pm On Apr 06, 2019
sukerefakere:
All I care about is Milan defeating Juventus this evening.

Wetin concern me with water

Wow and your wish is almost coming to pass . angry

I hope we draw thisatvh and get just a point . I hate to see us lose angry
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by sukerefakere(m): 6:23pm On Apr 06, 2019
romeorailss:

Wow and your wish is almost coming to pass . angry

I hope we draw thisatvh and get just a point . I hate to see us lose angry
how on earth did mussacshio concede thar PK
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by romeorailss: 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
sukerefakere:
how on earth did mussacshio concede thar PK

grin happy I am .
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by sukerefakere(m): 6:45pm On Apr 06, 2019
romeorailss:

grin happy I am .
2-1
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by romeorailss: 6:47pm On Apr 06, 2019
sukerefakere:

2-1

Mhen that small boy doing good o . So great a news cheesy
Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by mindtricks: 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2019
MobilityExpress:

If the CJN is getting all this, then only God knows what our former Presidents , ex-Governors and representatives are getting, not to mention ministers and other heads of parastatals, and then we wonder why Nigeria is still a poor 3rd world nation where the poor live with less than $1 per day. The Nigerian government is too costly to run. The day we cut down our government is the day we begin to experience real economic growth
Not a surprise. Those that run the system love it that way, and last thing on their mind will be to change it. Be it those in office now, or those who just "won" election under whether APC or PDP. As usual, the masses can go to hell.

1 Like

Re: Why I Resigned As CJN - Walter Onnoghen by OyiboOyibo(m): 10:20pm On Apr 06, 2019
sukerefakere:
All I care about is Milan defeating Juventus this evening.

Wetin concern me with water
2:1 grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu Serving Guests In A Meeting (Photos) / 21 INEC Resident Commissioners Reject Postponement Of Elections / Photos Of Orji Uzor Kalu & Buhari Laughing Hard @d Nat. Security Sumit Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.