Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

.. - Agriculture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / .. (31140 Views)

5,000 Momax3 Seedlings Available For Sell. / Momax3 Moringa Seedlings Now Available. / MORINGA Farming Green Cash ...CONTRACT FARMING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2019
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 4:12pm On Dec 24, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

January.
Looking forward to it.
Re: .. by Excel70: 9:45pm On Dec 24, 2019
I need moringa leaf powder. How can I get it i a.m in lagos
Re: .. by Nobody: 5:09am On Dec 25, 2019
Re: .. by Idemujoseph: 7:35am On Dec 25, 2019
Mr Emma Sir, please is there really market for the leaf of moriga?
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 25, 2019
Idemujoseph:
Mr Emma Sir, please is there really market for the leaf of moriga?
I don't know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by LORDTAY(m): 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2019
Please what could be responsible for the delay on fruit production?I assumed the plants ought to start producing by 6months according to the seller.9months is almost equivalent to the local moringa harvest period.Pls clarify.

EMMAACHILE:

It's likely due to the age. It's about 9 months without a harvest. Moringa is normally trimmed after every harvest.
Re: .. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 30, 2019
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Weather change. It has a particular fruiting time. It cannot fruit outside the normal harvest season.
You suggested planting in April. Will it ensure the plant fruits properly?
Re: .. by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 31, 2019
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 10:08am On Dec 31, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Yes especially if you want to avoid irrigation during the dry season.
Cool, thanks.
Re: .. by Nobody: 12:58am On Jan 01, 2020
Re: .. by es144000: 1:26am On Jan 01, 2020
EMMAACHILE:
Ended 2019 with a first pod harvest with only 5 good seeds and 2 bad ones.

Happy new year.
only 5 good seeds and 2 bad ones in one pod?
Re: .. by Nobody: 3:28am On Jan 01, 2020

2 Likes

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 6:33am On Jan 01, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

Yes. It's the first one but other unmatured pods contain more than 12 seeds.
Don't all the pods mature at once? Does it mean harvest has to be in stages until all matore pods are harvested?
Re: .. by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 01, 2020
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 8:44am On Jan 01, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

It's not possible. You can leave the pods on the tree until all are dried if you want it that way.
That's better for harvest cost savings.
Re: .. by KingOpe: 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
Happy New Year! I wish all of us fruitfulness in all our endeavours in 20202. Thank you Mr Emma for this thread. Lokking forward to your updates on harvest.

1 Like

Re: .. by LORDTAY(m): 9:58am On Jan 02, 2020
Thank you.However how then can we justify the two times harvest for moringa if there is a certain period for harvest.Does it mean its not possible to harvest twice in a year?Thanks.

EMMAACHILE:

Weather change. It has a particular fruiting time. It cannot fruit outside the normal harvest season.
Re: .. by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 02, 2020

1 Like

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 10:21am On Jan 02, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

How many times is moringa harvested in your area?
I read on the momax3 website that harvest is twice a year.
Re: .. by LORDTAY(m): 8:17am On Jan 03, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

I will be planting these 5 seeds to see its production.

How many times is moringa harvested in your area?
Really i guess its once in a year.
Re: .. by Adaba0803(m): 9:33am On Jan 03, 2020
I WISH ALL FARMERS A WONDERFUL 2020 We shall harvest beyond our imagination this year.

Am bringing to us an opportunity to expand and also for the incoming farmers this is the best time to acquire farm land and start preparation for those who wanna meet up for the 2020 season..

Our farm land AT ABEOKUTA ( 45 MINUTES FROM FUNNAB) IS STILL AVAILABLE AND SELLING FAST AT JUST 120K/ACRE AND WE HAVE OVER 2,000 HECTARES AVAILABLE FOR SALE.....

The land can also be use for other purposes and not farming alone.

CONTACT ME ON WHATSAPP FOR MORE DETAILS 08118888592.....HAPPY NEW YEAR ONCE AGAIN..... LETS GROW TOGETHER.
Re: .. by Treepower2000: 8:34pm On Jan 06, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

It's not possible. You can leave the pods on the tree until all are dried if you want it that way.
Don't leave the pods on the tree as they deteriorate quickly if Left on the trees.
If your farm is handful you can harvest weekly. If left beyond two weeks the seeds going bad.
Re: .. by Treepower2000: 8:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

Don't leave the pods on the tree as they deteriorate quickly if Left on the trees.
If your farm is handful you can harvest weekly. If left beyond two weeks the seeds go bad.
Re: .. by Nobody: 2:36am On Jan 07, 2020
Treepower2000:

If your farm is handful you can harvest weekly. If left beyond two weeks the seeds go bad.

This is actually the part I have been waiting for. In my mind, I know the pods may not last long on the plants. I keep telling many people who say they can leave trees and not take care of them like vegetables that it is untrue. One does serious work pruning trees and making sure fruits donot go bad. It may involve everyday activities on farm just like veggie. Of course, it is only strong trees (cash crops and the rest) which might not need 3 times a week to every day activities on farm. If one has to harvest weekly, is that not the same as tomato or even cucumber? And with the heat that one has to manage plus fixing irrigation in areas where there is heat. To me, it may be at an advantage to cultivate where there is less rainfall just like having tomato in the north. And this is what Lagos and Ogun is about too. Lesser rainfall means more harvests for vegetables if one knows what to do to make the plant adjust to the heat (of course will take trials and errors to get it perfected).

Oga SocialJustice, I want you take note. You know I told you the last time we spoke that there is no short cut to farming. You may have to leave farming alone ooo if you cannot find a strategy to get a reliable daily management program of your plants. I always laugh at newbies who opt for apples, pears, grapes, etc thinking they do not need to go to farm often. Of course, these plants need daily care also. Even tomato does not need the care apples need.

If harvest is 3 times or once weekly, if is a serious job, except yield is low.

My suggestion is that all anxious investors should leave Emmachile alone to do a good analysis here via this pilot. Many adjustments must be made. Please, try to limit questions at this period. The uncertainties are still huge. One factor we know is that rain causes flower abortion which is a loss for anyone in high rainfall area except the farmer finds solution to it. It lools like this will grow beyter in the north Lagos and Ogun where there are less rainfall. Sox thinking one can depend on rain may nit be a good option except the farmer can also perfect it in the region. Thereforex oga Socialjustice, go and plant on just a plot in your area and watch it for 2 years begore you expanf to 20 ha. I guess you wanted to start with 200 ha. Hmmmmm! Morinya has been in Nigeria and I am sure it is over 8 years. The question is why dis those who wnet into it previously are noy that successful?

Not saying momax3 will not be highly profitable, but this is how I operate. I am always prepared for the worst, while I make arrnagement for the best yield in regards to marketing. Maybe cos I have done so many trials is the reason I am a bit more careful. I believe with time, it can be tweaked in different regions to produce high yield.

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 07, 2020
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 7:40am On Jan 07, 2020
Pistotita:

This is actually the part I have been waiting for. In my mind, I know the pods may not last long on the plants. I keep telling many people who say they can leave trees and not take care of them like vegetables that it is untrue. One does serious work pruning trees and making sure fruits donot go bad. It may involve everyday activities on farm just like veggie.
Noted.
Re: .. by Nobody: 7:58am On Jan 07, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

During the dry season, dry moringa pods can stay on the tree for upto even a month. If the rains come that's when you may have problem.

Firstly, i want to state that I am not critizing you. Infact, I love your approach. Having said this, take note that frequent harvests bring about high yield. Making the pods stay long will definitely inhibit abundant flowering. Try to work on this. Frequent harvesting may be the resson moringa can be harvested multiple times.

2 Likes

Re: .. by Treepower2000: 10:08am On Jan 07, 2020
Pistotita:

This is actually the part I have been waiting for. In my mind, I know the pods may not last long on the plants. I keep telling many people who say they can leave trees and not take care of them like vegetables that it is untrue. One does serious work pruning trees and making sure fruits donot go bad. It may involve everyday activities on farm just like veggie. Of course, it is only strong trees (cash crops and the rest) which might not need 3 times a week to every day activities on farm. If one has to harvest weekly, is that not the same as tomato or even cucumber? And with the heat that one has to manage plus fixing irrigation in areas where there is heat. To me, it may be at an advantage to cultivate where there is less rainfall just like having tomato in the north. And this is what Lagos and Ogun is about too. Lesser rainfall means more harvests for vegetables if one knows what to do to make the plant adjust to the heat (of course will take trials and errors to get it perfected).

Oga SocialJustice, I want you take note. You know I told you the last time we spoke that there is no short cut to farming. You may have to leave farming alone ooo if you cannot find a strategy to get a reliable daily management program of your plants. I always laugh at newbies who opt for apples, pears, grapes, etc thinking they do not need to go to farm often. Of course, these plants need daily care also. Even tomato does not need the care apples need.

If harvest is 3 times or once weekly, if is a serious job, except yield is low.

My suggestion is that all anxious investors should leave Emmachile alone to do a good analysis here via this pilot. Many adjustments must be made. Please, try to limit questions at this period. The uncertainties are still huge. One factor we know is that rain causes flower abortion which is a loss for anyone in high rainfall area except the farmer finds solution to it. It lools like this will grow beyter in the north Lagos and Ogun where there are less rainfall. Sox thinking one can depend on rain may nit be a good option except the farmer can also perfect it in the region. Thereforex oga Socialjustice, go and plant on just a plot in your area and watch it for 2 years begore you expanf to 20 ha. I guess you wanted to start with 200 ha. Hmmmmm! Morinya has been in Nigeria and I am sure it is over 8 years. The question is why dis those who wnet into it previously are noy that successful?

Not saying momax3 will not be highly profitable, but this is how I operate. I am always prepared for the worst, while I make arrnagement for the best yield in regards to marketing. Maybe cos I have done so many trials is the reason I am a bit more careful. I believe with time, it can be tweaked in different regions to produce high yield.
I planted my first set of mornings trees in November 2011 in Port Harcourt and Rivers north.
The main fruiting season is between November and February which is not affected by rain and humidity, the minor fruiting season is March to August and the yield is scanty. The pods harvested immediately dried on the tree store longer in comparison to pods left long on the tree. Even during dry season the pods still absorb moisture from the air and this affect the quality of the seeds.
The safe interval of harvest for commercial moringa seed should not exceed two weeks as the oil content of the seed decrease as they are left under the elements.
Re: .. by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 07, 2020
Treepower2000:

I planted my first set of mornings trees in November 2011 in Port Harcourt and Rivers north.
The main fruiting season is between November and February which is not affected by rain and humidity, the minor fruiting season is March to August and the yield is scanty. The pods harvested immediately dried on the tree store longer in comparison to pods left long on the tree. Even during dry season the pods still absorb moisture from the air and this affect the quality of the seeds.
The safe interval of harvest for commercial moringa seed should not exceed two weeks as the oil content of the seed decrease as they are left under the elements.

Thanks for this feedback sir. Is your variety Momax3? If not, which?
Re: .. by Treepower2000: 11:53am On Jan 07, 2020
Pistotita:

Thanks for this feedback sir. Is your variety Momax3? If not, which?
There is no difference between a mormax and ordinary moringa. The difference is only in the length of the pod hence the number and quantity of seed produced per tree and the oil content of the seeds just like tenera and the ordinary oil palm tree.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free / Parrot Destroys Man's Maize Farm (Photos) / Thunder Kills 23 Cows In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.