Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

.. - Agriculture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / .. (31107 Views)

5,000 Momax3 Seedlings Available For Sell. / Momax3 Moringa Seedlings Now Available. / MORINGA Farming Green Cash ...CONTRACT FARMING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by greenmonk: 4:16pm On Feb 12, 2020
LORDTAY:

Kindly explain how we can frequently trim our trees especially if there are many till flowering time.Please advise.
The recommended is every meter but from experience I even recommend every 80cm.
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 4:17pm On Feb 12, 2020
This thread just went cold.
Re: .. by ZacharyMarx: 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2020
I inherited an old house. I had to buy some tools on [url]tehno.guru/best-circular-saws/[/url]. There, there is the necessary equipment available now and not in order. Very sensibly advised, saved a couple of hundred dollars. Sellers are not inclined to foist something more expensive but to solve a customer problem. They helped set up the equipment correctly.
Re: .. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 8:42pm On Feb 15, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

Whats cold here? I have been scouting a safe area for the real farm and I must tell you, Nigeria has gone to the dogs.

Security is an issue right here in the middle belt. I will be harvesting some seeds during the coming week and may have to sell some till i get a very safe area around Kogi/Neighboring States.
There has been no updates. Farming close to town is not safe. I intend setting up deep in the forest. I hope herdsmen do not locate it with their cattle. I could go as far as spraying cattle specific poison on my plants. I pray you get land safe enough.
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 15, 2020
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 15, 2020

2 Likes

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 10:18pm On Feb 15, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

haha. Farming anywhere now especially if its going to be more than a hectare is not safe. Kidnapping and cattle disruption will be your issues. I was told in the rural area that if i bring machines to work on the land, you will be ripe for kidnapping.
If you poison the farm, just note that you might never use the area again because that is what its happening to Southern Kaduna at the moment,
Wow, this is sad but there are farmers all over the country into commercial crop farming. Security issue may not be as bad in the south as it is in the North.

1 Like

Re: .. by mankettle(m): 5:13am On Feb 16, 2020
SocialJustice:
Wow, this is sad but there are farmers all over the country into commercial crop farming. Security issue may not be as bad in the south as it is in the North.
It's very bad. Commercial crop planting in Nigeria has really gone to the dogs because of these herds men issue. You either buy in town at a very expensive rate and be secured or buy outside town at a cheaper rate and contend with kidnapping and robbery if not outright murder. The govt should do something serious about these herds men wahala
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 7:50am On Feb 16, 2020
mankettle:

It's very bad. Commercial crop planting in Nigeria has really gone to the dogs because of these herds men issue. You either buy in town at a very expensive rate and be secured or buy outside town at a cheaper rate and contend with kidnapping and robbery if not outright murder. The govt should do something serious about these herds men wahala
Those the government even know what to do?
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 8:36am On Feb 16, 2020
EMMAACHILE:
The trees ay home, i had to use bamboo sticks to support the branches as they were all cutting off due to heavy weights, Some branches have upto 80 pods. I will take pixs tomorrow.
On second thought, I could ditch the whole farming aspect and focus on oil/animal feed protein production and buy the seeds from farmers. Having your own farm though is the sure way to guarantee seed supply.

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Feb 16, 2020
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 1:49pm On Feb 16, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

Thats a good idea.
I'll still try setting up a 20 hectare farm with N10m before focusing on oil production.
Re: .. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 16, 2020
Re: .. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2020

1 Like

Re: .. by SocialJustice: 4:13pm On Feb 16, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

Which location?
Delta/Edo state.
Re: .. by Adaba0803(m): 8:12am On Feb 17, 2020
Good day NL our 120k per acre of Farm land at Alabata Area of Abeokuta still available for sale and the document is Deed of assignment, perimeter survey and it is free from government acquisition I can give you the coordinate code to chart it at the ogun state land bureau if interested. Serious and interested buyer can contact me on whatsapp or call 08118888592 for more details . Thanks

!!!!!!!!!LOCATION!!!!!!

AGU-ODO VILLAGE ALABATA AREA OF ABEOKUTA, ODEDA LGA OGUN STATE. 45MINS FROM FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE ABEOKUTA OGUN STATE AND 10MINS FROM ONIRU ESTATE LAND ABEOKUTA.

NOTE... THE LAND CAN ALSO BE USE FOR OTHER PURPOSES AND NOT FARMING ALONE.

Call 08118888592 for more information.
Re: .. by abilityC: 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2020
EMMAACHILE:
Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcCJxgnvE2k&feature=youtu.be
That video is giving me good chills, but my number one problem is understanding the moringa market if i plant moringa as the man said 1100 trees per plot and i get good yields who is buying it from me?
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2020
abilityC:
That video is giving me good chills, but my number one problem is understanding the moringa market if i plant moringa as the man said 1100 trees per plot and i get good yields who is buying it from me?
Please read through the thread. This question has been treated several times. There are buyers for seeds, seed cake and oil. I even saw a Nigerian website that partners with farmers to export their seed. Do your independent market research before putting your money in.

@Emmaachile, I did a lot of research today into buying seeds and decided to scrap farming in favour of aggregating farmers, buying and producing oil/protein concentrates. Turns out Nigeria even has aggregators who buy from several farmers between N900 to N1k then sell to China, Pakistan, Europe and USA agents who buy in bulk and export.

I really don't know what is wrong with the black man, why we can't compete in selling value added goods. Even to meet standards for selling raw material is also an issue. What I intend to do is leave out farming for now due to security issues. I'll rather aggregate farmers, buy their farms and harvest so I know I'm getting fresh goods then package into oil. More or less what true moringa is doing.

Depending on how sustainable this model is, I can decide to start a big farm in future where I can easily deal with security issues.

Honestly, I wonder how Dangote is able to manage his sugarcane and rice farms of over 100, 000 hectares.
Re: .. by ekoileblog(m): 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
Do you have foreign buyers or you sell locally
Re: .. by abilityC: 12:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
SocialJustice:
Please read through the thread. This question has been treated several times. There are buyers for seeds, seed cake and oil. I even saw a Nigerian website that partners with farmers to export their seed. Do your independent market research before putting your money in.

@Emmaachile, I did a lot of research today into buying seeds and decided to scrap farming in favour of aggregating farmers, buying and producing oil/protein concentrates. Turns out Nigeria even has aggregators who buy from several farmers between N900 to N1k then sell to China, Pakistan, Europe and USA agents who buy in bulk and export.

I really don't know what is wrong with the black man, why we can't compete in selling value added goods. Even to meet standards for selling raw material is also an issue. What I intend to do is leave out farming for now due to security issues. I'll rather aggregate farmers, buy their farms and harvest so I know I'm getting fresh goods then package into oil. More or less what true moringa is doing.

Depending on how sustainable this model is, I can decide to start a big farm in future where I can easily deal with security issues.

Honestly, I wonder how Dangote is able to manage his sugarcane and rice farms of over 100, 000 hectares.

Yea but im talking about market certainty....
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 12:28pm On Feb 19, 2020
abilityC:

Yea but im talking about market certainty....
There's no shortage of buyers for moringa seed but go out there and meet with them in person.
Re: .. by abilityC: 12:39pm On Feb 19, 2020
SocialJustice:
There's no shortage of buyers for moringa seed but go out there and meet with them in person.
ok i just have one plot at the moment still contemplating what to plant
Re: .. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 20, 2020
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2020
Nice. I hope this herdsmen issue goes away with Buhari. I saw a documentary on channels this morning about RUGA settlement in Zamfara. More northern states should replicate and ask their people to leave the south. When we need cattle, we'll buy in truck loads.
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:35am On Feb 21, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by es144000: 6:52am On Feb 21, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

That should be the way forward. I wonder at times how a group will pride itself in disturbing other peoples livelihood. One Anthony Chidiebere Odoh on facebook lost a whole 15 hectare pigeon pea farm in Minna worth about 14,000,000 yesterday due to this people with 100s of herdsmen invading the farm.

Kogi at this moment is been overrun with this people. Its a very sad story. Currently i am gradually losing interest in Agriculture.
This is too bad.The government has to consign these herdsmen to certain areas and prevent them from roaming about.This is the solution.
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 7:08am On Feb 21, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

That should be the way forward. I wonder at times how a group will pride itself in disturbing other peoples livelihood. One Anthony Chidiebere Odoh on facebook lost a whole 15 hectare pigeon pea farm in Minna worth about 14,000,000 yesterday due to this people with 100s of herdsmen invading the farm.

Kogi at this moment is been overrun with this people. Its a very sad story. Currently i am gradually losing interest in Agriculture.
It is better to invest only when you know you will come out with profit. Engaging in a business where you can lose your investment and it poses a threat to life is a no deal.
Re: .. by Farouq94(m): 9:30am On Feb 27, 2020
EMMAACHILE:

Whats cold here? I have been scouting a safe area for the real farm and I must tell you, Nigeria has gone to the dogs.

Security is an issue right here in the middle belt. I will be harvesting some seeds during the coming week and may have to sell some till i get a very safe area around Kogi/Neighboring States.
How do I contact you? I am interested in the seeds if you want to sell please
Re: .. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 04, 2020
Re: .. by SocialJustice: 11:33pm On Mar 04, 2020
EMMAACHILE:
Moringa on bambo sticks.
You had to support each plant with bamboo? That's a lot of work if a large land is cultivated. I saw a video of a mpmax tree in India, the trees were filled with pods but the branches didn't need support.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Australia Has Too Many Sheep And Farmers Are Giving Them Away For Free / Parrot Destroys Man's Maize Farm (Photos) / Thunder Kills 23 Cows In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.