Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight (34889 Views)

Coronavirus: Cure In Sight As Australian Scientists Recreate Virus / "Phone Igniting Gas Is Real, Be Warned!" - Woman As She Suffers Severe Burns / Girl With Severe Bow Legs Can't Wait To Dance After Undergoing Surgery. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by IRIEBOY(m): 8:41am On Apr 07, 2019
Makurdi is worst.. we have shortage of water, epileptic power supply and severe heat..
Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by Delivar(m): 11:08am On Apr 07, 2019
obembet:

Where side be ur area
I stay around NTA. Any fast food place will do or anywhere you choose. Sorry I don't have display picture. But I don't look bad and I am young like you. If I was horrible looking or an old man I wouldn't have bothered asking to meet you to avoid embarrassment.
Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by okrikaboi: 2:00pm On Apr 07, 2019
mikaelzX:
really? From weather forecasts, PH daily temperature doesn't exceed 30 degrees and night temperatures are around 19 to 21 degrees celsius. So which area in PH do you stay or are the weather forecasts wrong?
Scam forecast

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by mikaelzX(m): 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2019
okrikaboi:

Scam forecast
Funny but Port Harcourt is a coastal city, the sea breeze and frequent rainfall plays a role in minimizing harsh temperatures associated with equatorial regions. Google "current temperature Port Harcourt" . The result is from accuweather.com from weather satelites and other ground weather stations.
Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by alphaNomega: 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2019
Holywizard:
People are still fuckîng under de hot weather

You should try it cheesy
Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by Holywizard: 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2019
Konji is a no respecter of man grin
alphaNomega:

You should try it cheesy
Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by alphaNomega: 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2019
emmanuelpopson:

u mind the ignorant ones who are already blaming one hell or so.. what about people in Libya, Sudan or Mali.. these people are more hit than we that are below the equator some distance... what I believe we must do had been said by you... plant more trees, cut less tress and reduce the emissions of CFCs, also enact laws to allow tress planted in all roads, residential areas ..these will save people during this difficult time.. the trees will absorb ghe heat to hit the ground and thereby less heat wave will be emmited to the atmosphere.. we have brains but we refuse to use it...

You must be kidding me? What kind of Geography do kids learn in school these days? Abi is it the English?

So fugged men angry
Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by kenneth99920: 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2019
Lee84:
Thank God, Jos no hot like that.
any day any time Jos has the best weather in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by Anazp: 7:55pm On Apr 07, 2019
Delivar:

The heat is hell already
NEVA ITS INCOMPARABLE STOP FOOLING URSELF AND REPENT
Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by Delivar(m): 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2019
Anazp:
NEVA ITS INCOMPARABLE STOP FOOLING URSELF AND REPENT
What's the evidence hell even exists?
Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by Idcomics: 9:50pm On Apr 07, 2019
pat077:
I can imagine what the people in the far north are going through now.
Bros am a corp member in Niger state...and I can categorically tell you that it's not funny at all
Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by Justiceleague1: 10:17am On Apr 08, 2019
LilSmith55:

It is normal during heatwave in any country because everybody wants to on their AC... Go and search Heatwave and Electricity and u will understand beta...

Me and my hand fan na best friend.... I no dey let am out of my sight for one seconds
how about when u wanna sleep,do u sleep with ur hand fan? grin

I have this portable mini battery run fan that i use when nepa strike. Ahh it helps alot o cheesy
Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by comtem2011: 11:24am On Apr 08, 2019
Justiceleague1:

I have this portable mini battery run fan that i use when nepa strike. Ahh it helps alot o cheesy
Please, can you share the picture? Thanks
Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by LilSmith55(m): 11:48am On Apr 08, 2019
Justiceleague1:

I went to market some days ago to get some stuff including dat Fan as priority... I swear to God it skip my mind until I reach house, na den I con remember... I wan cry but tears no come

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by Dymahealth: 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2019
ok
Monitoring your blood sugar
Having high blood sugar can lead to diabetes, blindness infertility; We can help you to manage your blood sugar levels for best health possible when you register for our Health Coaching programme. Whatsapp No 08116505479
Re: Nigeria Suffers Severe Heatwave With No Relief In Sight by bumperCA2: 12:36pm On Apr 08, 2019
Jacktheripper:
Nigeria has been in the grip of an intense heatwave over the past few weeks, with meteorologist saying there is no relief in sight until the seasonal rains set in next month.

The extreme heat has been in place since March, with the Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMet) saying last week that the heatwave has been affecting most parts of the country, including coastal areas, with temperatures well above 35 degrees Celsius.

On Friday, the temperature touched 42.2C in Minna, 120km northwest of Abuja. Meanwhile, Kano, 345km north of the capital, has notched up highs in excess of 40C every day since the beginning of April.
As people struggle to cope, authorities have been issuing warnings about the dangers brought on by the excessive temperatures.

Environmental expert Olwafemi Akinbode said climate change has become a public health risk.
"When you have heatwaves, the body is dehydrated, the young, the elderly, people that live sedated lives - these are the kind of people that have immediate health reactions to the heat wave," Akinbode said.
The severe heatwave is expected to continue until May when the seasonal rains are expected to spread north across the country.

Environmental experts have called on authorities to make long-term plans to slow down the effects of climate change by reducing carbon emission and impose bans on tree-cutting.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2019/04/nigeria-suffers-severe-heatwave-relief-sight-190406085524415.html?__twitter_impression=true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

67-Yr-Old Man Carries 7 Bags Of Cement In Gombe / Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. / You Can Measure Your Blood Pressure At Home: Learn How

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.