Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State (52514 Views)

Aerial View Of The First Flyover In Borno (Pictures, Video) / Night View Of Maiduguri, Borno State (Photos) / Truck Conveying Army Armored Tank Involved In Multiple Accident In Borno. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Ayodehji202: 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2019
Raco1010:

Sorry bro, the news is very real. As to whether the deceased in question has obtain the rank I don't know for now. But a tragic incident happened yesterday at the said time. Hmmmm you need to see fresh Brian as the thing rock everywhere.

As to whether the blade that low.....? It was the blade at the back and not the one at the top.

The chopper was not faulty at all.

They were on exchange (replacing old personnel with new ones.) mission when this happened.

I had to clarify this so that we can send goodwill messege to the deceased family. Who know if one of the family member is reading this post.

Bama is my duty station, and I am currently out here saving lives.
. God wiil surely protect you throughout this operation and please stay gallant and pray always .its just that No signal has been sent concerning this,but by tommorow if this is true will we know. God bless the Nigerian Air force

2 Likes

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by martineverest(m): 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2019
anochuko01:

ya'll claiming fake news, asides the rank issue, what other proof have you got? and i see how yall have chosen not to take on the guy who is confirming the news.
from technical point of view,an helicopter doesn't tilt first....it rises vertically B4 tilting..secondly, a helicopter blade will scatter the head and some part of the body rather than chopping off

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by OnyeMmeri: 8:58pm On Apr 07, 2019
princeking2:
Na wa ooo. Was he too tall?

Yes, they said he was as tall as NEPA pole.

3 Likes

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:02pm On Apr 07, 2019
sacajawea:
Why Is that? Noone Has Gotten to the Rank yet?
Because the rank is like Field Marshal which is not easy to get
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Jaqenhghar: 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2019
checkolatunji:

Stop embarrassing yourself young man. Like I said earlier, his friend just left us here to their base in Akowonjo
If the friend can be very clear he wont get embarrassed like this. Not everyone is stupid. The rotor blades on a copter no be ceiling fan.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by martineverest(m): 9:05pm On Apr 07, 2019
Raco1010:

Sorry bro, the news is very real. As to whether the deceased in question has obtain the rank I don't know for now. But a tragic incident happened yesterday at the said time. Hmmmm you need to see fresh Brian as the thing rock everywhere.

As to whether the blade that low.....? It was the blade at the back and not the one at the top.

The chopper was not faulty at all.

They were on exchange (replacing old personnel with new ones.) mission when this happened.

I had to clarify this so that we can send goodwill messege to the deceased family. Who know if one of the family member is reading this post.

Bama is my duty station, and I am currently out here saving lives.
liar....u are a blogger pretending to be military man.not knowing if the rank is true or false as a 'military man' technically prove that u are fake...u used that excuse to dodge the fact that the news is fake...

secondly,the tail blade won't even chop off the head only but 70 percent of the body.

thirdly,how did the officer get to the tail blade side when the chopper is taking off?

u tried to use tail blade to divert the attention of those questioning the probability of over head blade chopping the head off

2 Likes

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by henryhemon(m): 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2019
Ayodehji202:
This is obviously a fake news because the Nigerian Airforce does not currently have any officer in the rank of Air chief Marshall ,the highest rank is currently Air Marshall currently being occupied by sadique abubakar.but all this bloggers wey dey carry fake news God go judge all of una one day o.Come to think of it this fake news is even on the front page,shaa I blame seun and his mods for always pushing fake and unverified news to the front page.God bless the Nigerian Airforce (willing ,able and ready).

Shut your trap mouth up. A news you know nothing about makes it fake? It is true.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by martineverest(m): 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

If the friend can be very clear he wont get embarrassed like this. Not everyone is stupid. The rotor blades on a copter no be ceiling fan.
no mind those liars.they think most nairalanders are fools.they have realised that nairalanders detected the flaws in the report and they are trying to foolishly prove its not it fake by displaying their stupidity further.

the fact that a military man doesn't know that the officer rank isn't in airforce tells alot about the authenticity of this story.

technically, as a mechanical/aeronautical engineer,I could'nt decipher how a chopper that's taking off will chop a man's head when the blade is still intact

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by henryhemon(m): 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2019
martineverest:
liar....u are a blogger pretending to be military man.not knowing if the rank is true or false as a 'military man' technically prove that u are fake...u used that excuse to dodge the fact that the news is fake...

secondly,the tail blade won't even chop off the head only but 70 percent of the body.

thirdly,how did the officer get to the tail blade side when the chopper is taking off?

u tried to use tail blade to divert the attention of those questioning the probability of over head blade chopping the head off

Now I really see how foolish some of you are here, always trying to act like they know all when they know absolutely nothing. The only thing not true is his rank of Umar.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by henryhemon(m): 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
that one wan expose buratai and buhari, they quickly neutralized him.

Tell us another story, helicopter that fall and refused to kill osinbajo, now stationed helicopter are now chopping off well trained officers head. APC can lie?

There are too many kids on NL trying to sound woke and smart, the best thing to do when you know nothing is shutting your mouth up.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Alaska90(m): 9:16pm On Apr 07, 2019
Upton:

!!! Air Chief Marshall was the rank of the Chief of Defense Staff. Imagine saying the chief of defense staff is deployed to the battle field when is not the kind of battles that iserealites fought in the old testament.

The story get as e be.
"The deceased, who was the co-pilot, had gone to the pick his bags and on his way back, he passed through the side of the rotor which was functioning.

“Immediately his head was chopped off,” the source said." Abeg na ontop helicopter the guy bag dey abi the rotor dey inside the helicopter?

Nigerians are stupid...stop wasting your time analyzing anything to them. They cant comprehend.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by henryhemon(m): 9:19pm On Apr 07, 2019
martineverest:
no mind those liars.they think most nairalanders are fools.they have realised that nairalanders detected the flaws in the report and they are trying to foolishly prove its not it fake by displaying their stupidity further.

the fact that a military man doesn't know that the officer rank isn't in airforce tells alot about the authenticity of this story.

technically, as a mechanical/aeronautical engineer,I could'nt decipher how a chopper that's taking off will chop a man's head when the blade is still intact

The story is true that you don't see how possible it is doesn't mean it can't happen.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:20pm On Apr 07, 2019
henryhemon:

There are too many kids on NL trying to sound woke and smart, the best thing to do when you know nothing is shutting your mouth up.
yoi a a clown.

Argue with Boko Haram.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by henryhemon(m): 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
yoi a a clown.

Argue with Boko Haram.

That's the only argument you can come up with? Silly thing.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Thomanad(m): 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

Please read to understand. I said presently, the NAF does not have one. That does not mean it has never had Air Chief Marshals. We had Air Chief Marshals Alex Badeh, Oluseyi Petinrin and Paul Dike, all former CDS.

You forgot Air Chief Marshal AM Dagash bro, the first CDS of NAF extraction. Proudly NAF.
You see those bloggers ehn, their reward is in heaven. ACM Umar is someone i still saw on friday, he was buried today.
FYI i serve in the theater of operation, and Aircraftman (private) Umar isn't a pilot but a regiment personnel.

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2019
henryhemon:

That's the only argument you can come up with? Silly thing.
buhari.

Buhari means the most useless creature that ever exist in the world history. That's you.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by henryhemon(m): 9:37pm On Apr 07, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
buhari.

You even think I support buhari because I confirmed a true story shows how mentally deranged you are.

Buhari means the most useless creature that ever exist in the world history. That's you.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by henryhemon(m): 9:38pm On Apr 07, 2019
Thomanad:

You forgot Air Chief Marshal AM Dagash bro, the first CDS of NAF extraction. Proudly NAF.
You see those bloggers ehn, their reward is in heaven. ACM Umar is someone i still saw on friday, he was buried today.
FYI i serve in the theater of operation, and Aircraftman (private) Umar isn't a pilot but a regiment personnel.

Exactly.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Jaqenhghar: 9:38pm On Apr 07, 2019
martineverest:

I wonder. I thought the helicopter tilted sef or something
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by checkolatunji: 9:45pm On Apr 07, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

Is he really an Air chief? There's quite very few of them presently in the NAF. So I ask again, is he really an air chief?

**Modified: the story says an Air Chief Marshal? Wetin person no go hear. Do you guys really understand who an air chief marshal is? I don't even think we have any air chief marshal presently in the NAF and very few of them has ever attained that rank. So this story is a figment of the imagination of whoever wrote it.

The headline about his rank is misleading but it actually happened
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by musa7m(m): 9:55pm On Apr 07, 2019
Ayodehji202:
The deceased is an Aircraft man.Nigerian Airforce does not currently have any officer in the rank of Air chief Marshall ,the highest rank is currently Air Marshall currently being occupied by sadique Abubakr,so the postal kindly edit the post for the simple fact that it's already on the front page . God bless the Nigerian Airforce (willing ,able and ready).
even the birds are jealous
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Dembuk2009: 9:56pm On Apr 07, 2019
The story is actually very TRUE!!!
Only that bloggers don't wait to get their facts right!
The said guy is actually an aircraft man with the acronym(ACM).
That means an air force personnel without rank.
He was ACM Umar.
I was told they had just returned from patrol wen this unfortunate incidence happened...
RIP UMAR.

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Isoduwa(m): 9:59pm On Apr 07, 2019
checkolatunji:

You should be ashamed of yourself for saying it's a fake news.

His friend just left here and he told us about it as it happened .

Left where? Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Upton: 9:59pm On Apr 07, 2019
Upton:

!!! Air Chief Marshall is the rank of the Chief of Defense Staff. Imagine saying the chief of defense staff is deployed to the battle field when is not the kind of battles that iserealites fought in the old testament.

The story get as e be.
"The deceased, who was the co-pilot, had gone to the pick his bags and on his way back, he passed through the side of the rotor which was functioning.

“Immediately his head was chopped off,” the source said." Abeg na ontop helicopter the guy bag dey abi the rotor dey inside the helicopter?
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Emyben(m): 10:09pm On Apr 07, 2019
checkolatunji:

Stop embarrassing yourself young man. Like I said earlier, his friend just left us here to their base in Akowonjo

Stop speaking to him like you know it all. You dont! Friend ko, Friend ni.
What the young man is tryna say is that it can't be an Air Chief Marshall. And he is correct.

Nigeria currently do not have an Air Chief Marshall.
An Air Chief Marshall is equivalent to a General in the army and an Admiral in the Navy. (4 Stars)
And we have only one person of such rank at the moment in the person of Gen Olonisakin the CDS.

An Airman lost his life no doubt but telling us it was an Air Chief Marshall makes the story false!
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Pacesetter123(m): 10:09pm On Apr 07, 2019
davillian:
How?
Air chief ? pilot how?

My bros,am still wondering too.How a top ranking officer like dat will go n fly helicopter to a battle field.De news broadcaster I hail....oooo!

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by bendike: 10:09pm On Apr 07, 2019
sonnie10:
Even me, when I am driving pass a fly over, my natural instinct is to dock (bend my head). Trust me, if I happen to be anywhere near a chopper, I would be crawling.

Anyway, na when bad thing go happen.
Lol. I feel you grin
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by lomprico(m): 10:11pm On Apr 07, 2019
Was he not trained? angry
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Emyben(m): 10:12pm On Apr 07, 2019
smeag0l:
Very fake. Do they even know who an air chief Marshall is?this is the rank equivalent to the rank of an admiral in the navy and general in the army. It is the second highest rank in the airforce and has been attained by only two people-aor chief Marshall peterin and Alex badeh. Besides, an air chief Marshall will never be flying a war plane in the battle against Boko Haram.
Mist times, it is the flying officers that do that.

Bro, its 3 persons.

Air Chief Marshall Paul Dike too. You don forget?
He is the first ever Air Chief Marshall in Nigeria sef before Petinrin and Badeh

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by GTtruth(m): 10:15pm On Apr 07, 2019
may his soul rip in peace, this same state been punished by BH now technical issues still kills this man working for his daily living, may God help us all in Nigeria, 2mr I will come to NL see rape, robbering, corruption, electoral violence, all vices in this world is common in Nigeria,, we need prayer and determination to fight evil people who has plagued dis country backward, evil pastor, imams, politician, civilian, military, judiciary, lawmakers, celebrity, infact the general public even the bad egg inside nairaland we need to fight them all, Nigeria must be free from unnecessary killings#GT#
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2019
Air chief marshal?? Guy stop reporting horseshi*t and go get proper news
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Raco1010(m): 10:20pm On Apr 07, 2019
martineverest:

I am not saying this to impress you bro......

How I which this platform will enable me to send live location.

Note: they were not taking off ok. They just arrived and as the custome is the co pilot will have to go down to offload luggage, In a bid to do that, that was when this happend. Mind you in a war zone military chopper do not stop.....note this.

This happened in my presence though I was far from the scene. Blogger what..? I am saying this for all to honour the dead and not allow his effort for the country to be in vain.... if you need more proof PM me let me do a video call in the scene for you and snap more than enogh pics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lakowe Lakes - A Beautiful Paradise In Lagos / Palaces Of Popular Monarchs.-(pictures) / Passengers Involved In Accident On Their Way To Akure (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.