Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State (52508 Views)

Aerial View Of The First Flyover In Borno (Pictures, Video) / Night View Of Maiduguri, Borno State (Photos) / Truck Conveying Army Armored Tank Involved In Multiple Accident In Borno. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Raco1010(m): 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
martineverest:
liar....u are a blogger pretending to be military man.not knowing if the rank is true or false as a 'military man' technically prove that u are fake...u used that excuse to dodge the fact that the news is fake...

secondly,the tail blade won't even chop off the head only but 70 percent of the body.

thirdly,how did the officer get to the tail blade side when the chopper is taking off?

u tried to use tail blade to divert the attention of those questioning the probability of over head blade chopping the head off
I am not saying this to impress you bro......

How I which this platform will enable me to send live location.

Note: they were not taking off ok. They just arrived and as the custome is the co pilot will have to go down to offload luggage, In a bid to do that, that was when this happend. Mind you in a war zone military chopper do not stop.....note this.

This happened in my presence though I was far from the scene. Blogger what..? I am saying this for all to honour the dead and not allow his effort for the country to be in vain.... if you need more proof PM me let me do a video call in the scene for you and snap more than enogh pics.

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
OnyeMmeri:

Yes, they said he was as tall as NEPA pole.
hmm... He must be very tall then. Is he from your governortorial district?
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by wonder233: 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
OP do you know what an Air Chief Marshal is? You're talking 4-Star General here.
The only person currently holding the equivalent of the Air Chief Marshal rank across the three services in Nigeria is Abayomi Olonishakin (Chief of Defence Staff).
Please correct this error o!

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2019
martineverest:
fake news
okay, thanks. So what is original news?
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by tosyne2much(m): 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2019
Ayodehji202:
my bad you are very very right,that is how all this bloggers spread fake news just to spread lies.imaging an air chief Marshal kiiled by an helicopter blade no matter how careless the people are it can never happen to an officer of such rank
I marveled too when reading the news.. "He was passing through the rotor side when his head was chopped off"

The story doesn't add up at all
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by gabng(m): 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2019
How an Aircraft's Man became an Air Chief Marshal in this op's mind baffles me.

gimmehear:

HELICOPTER BLADE KILLS PILOT WHILE FIGHTING
Temi Badmus by Temi Badmus 2019/04/07

Air force officers involved in the fight against insurgency suffered a setback on Sunday as the rotor of a helicopter killed an air chief marshal simply identified as Umar.

An airman, who witnessed the tragic incident, told newsmen that it happened at Bama in Borno state on Saturday evening.

The aircraft was said to have developed a fault.

The deceased, who was the co-pilot, had gone to the pick his bags and on his way back, he passed through the side of the rotor which was functioning.

“Immediately his head was chopped off,” the source said.

“The aircraft has been recovered and taken back to the air base. No damage was found the on tail rotor,” the source said.

The tragic incident reportedly occurred around 4pm on Satirday.

The source said family members of the deceased have been informed while the burial arrangement was on as of the time this report was filed.

http://gimmehear.com/helicopter-blade-kills-pilot-while-fighting/

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by trendymarseey(f): 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2019
The op got the rank wrong. But the news is AUTHENTIC.
PatrickOkunima:

A fake news really. NAF presently does not have an Air Chief Marshal. The present CAS is an Air Marshal.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Raco1010(m): 10:46pm On Apr 07, 2019
gimmehear:

Air force officers involved in the fight against insurgency suffered a setback on Sunday as the rotor of a helicopter killed an air chief marshal simply identified as Umar.

An airman, who witnessed the tragic incident, told newsmen that it happened at Bama in Borno state on Saturday evening.

The deceased, who was the co-pilot, had gone to the pick his bags and on his way back, he passed through the side of the rotor which was functioning.

“The aircraft has been recovered and taken back to the air base. No damage was found the on tail rotor,” the source said.

The source said family members of the deceased have been informed while the burial arrangement was on as of the time this report was filed.

Note: the person that died is an airfoce medical team. After Bama mission he was supposed to be promoted to a lance copra. He his not even a pilot. They do change them after one month.

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by gambudu: 10:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
Ayodehji202:
my bad you are very very right,that is how all this bloggers spread fake news just to spread lies.imaging an air chief Marshal kiiled by an helicopter blade no matter how careless the people are it can never happen to an officer of such rank
yes it can never happen, but blive me shit happens in nigeria
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by gambudu: 10:48pm On Apr 07, 2019
tosyne2much:
I marveled too when reading the news.. "He was passing through the rotor side when his head was chopped off"

The story doesn't add up at all
as in, I still dont get it
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Raco1010(m): 10:48pm On Apr 07, 2019
gimmehear:

Note: the person that died is an airfoce medical team. After Bama mission he was supposed to be promoted to a lance copra. He his not even a pilot. They do change them after one month.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Raco1010(m): 10:49pm On Apr 07, 2019
gimmehear:

Note: the person that died is an airfoce medical team. After Bama mission he was supposed to be promoted to a lance copra. He his not even a pilot. They do change them after one month
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Alkanoicacid(m): 10:57pm On Apr 07, 2019
IvarTheTerrible:
angry

This almost happened to me years back while in the SAS. shocked

We had just finished an aerial reconnaissance mission over the plains of enemy territory...

I was about removing my helmet and pack my things for the day.

I thought of taking a selfie for my chubby kid at home, being a doting father.

Suddenly as i stood smiling ... i saw my colleagues gasp and their eyes widen in raw, unadulterated FEAR.

Did you die?

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by smeag0l(m): 5:27am On Apr 08, 2019
Yeah, that's true.
Emyben:

Bro, its 3 persons.

Air Chief Marshall Paul Dike too. You don forget?
He is the first ever Air Chief Marshall in Nigeria sef before Petinrin and Badeh
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by SjMbula(m): 5:42am On Apr 08, 2019
sacajawea:

What I meant Is that Has No One In the Force Presently gotten there? Of course Others Would Have attained the rank
Try and Calm Down Bros
he already in calm state, just that he replied you militarily
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by SjMbula(m): 5:45am On Apr 08, 2019
Alkanoicacid:

Did you die?
lol
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by cedeki(m): 6:24am On Apr 08, 2019
This death would have be prevented, needless to say this is pure carelessness and over confidence led to his death, never approach a rotating rotor if you must then keep a safe distance
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by emezuo17: 6:41am On Apr 08, 2019
gimmehear:

http://gimmehear.com/helicopter-blade-kills-pilot-while-fighting/. Before boarding a chopper every one is briefed on how, when and where to approach the Chopper, the hlo and hda are also there to direct passengers, if none of them is available, the co pilot does that, for the rotor blades to chop off some one's head means none of this was in place

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by anochuko01(m): 6:57am On Apr 08, 2019
martineverest:
from technical point of view,an helicopter doesn't tilt first....it rises vertically B4 tilting..secondly, a helicopter blade will scatter the head and some part of the body rather than chopping off
the news is confirmed. just heard it on radio. y'all can calm down with your technical whatever.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:10am On Apr 08, 2019
Thomanad:

You forgot Air Chief Marshal AM Dagash bro, the first CDS of NAF extraction. Proudly NAF.
You see those bloggers ehn, their reward is in heaven. ACM Umar is someone i still saw on friday, he was buried today.
FYI i serve in the theater of operation, and Aircraftman (private) Umar isn't a pilot but a regiment personnel.

Now I get it, they got confused by the ACM. Is he new in the service? May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by maxzzo1(m): 7:44am On Apr 08, 2019
It is funny o abi the pilot drink.... Naija sef
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by predatorX: 9:18am On Apr 08, 2019
nosiebaba:
Is the helicopter that low that the blades can chop of one's head.. Na wa for this news o

Yaasss, Especially the tail rotor and choppers on wheels. Which is why you see people crouching low when trying to board.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Dagger111(m): 9:19am On Apr 08, 2019
It's never a fake news, i have all the graphics pictures here, i thought it would be posted along with the above pic bt am happy it wasn't cos it's so gory.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Thomanad(m): 8:56pm On Apr 08, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

Now I get it, they got confused by the ACM. Is he new in the service? May his soul rest in peace.
He is not a new soldier o, he's been in the service since 2015.....
The ignorance some people on this platform ooze with confidence is astounding. If you don't know something, must you comment?
Over sabi and ITK dey kill o
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Kandeed: 3:22pm On May 26, 2021
israelmao:
Those who created Boko Haram will have a lot of questions to answer and punishment to serve from God.

They just don't know yet....God is watching

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Palaces Of Popular Monarchs.-(pictures) / Ekpoma Residents Abandon Accident Victim, Loot Trailer Load Of Rice / Passengers Involved In Accident On Their Way To Akure (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.