Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State (52510 Views)

Aerial View Of The First Flyover In Borno (Pictures, Video) / Night View Of Maiduguri, Borno State (Photos) / Truck Conveying Army Armored Tank Involved In Multiple Accident In Borno. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by gimmehear(f): 2:43pm On Apr 07, 2019
HELICOPTER BLADE KILLS PILOT WHILE FIGHTING
Temi Badmus by Temi Badmus 2019/04/07
HELICOPTER BLADE KILLS PILOT WHILE FIGHTING

Air force officers involved in the fight against insurgency suffered a setback on Sunday as the rotor of a helicopter killed an air chief marshal simply identified as Umar.

An airman, who witnessed the tragic incident, told newsmen that it happened at Bama in Borno state on Saturday evening.

The aircraft was said to have developed a fault.

The deceased, who was the co-pilot, had gone to the pick his bags and on his way back, he passed through the side of the rotor which was functioning.

“Immediately his head was chopped off,” the source said.

“The aircraft has been recovered and taken back to the air base. No damage was found the on tail rotor,” the source said.

The tragic incident reportedly occurred around 4pm on Satirday.

The source said family members of the deceased have been informed while the burial arrangement was on as of the time this report was filed.

http://gimmehear.com/helicopter-blade-kills-pilot-while-fighting/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Nbote(m): 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2019
Jus negodu d ppl who are supposedly fighting BH...

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by AfroMighty(m): 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2019
May his soul rest in peace...

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Ayodehji202: 4:25pm On Apr 07, 2019
The deceased is an Aircraft man.Nigerian Airforce does not currently have any officer in the rank of Air chief Marshall ,the highest rank is currently Air Marshall currently being occupied by sadique Abubakr,so the postal kindly edit the post for the simple fact that it's already on the front page . God bless the Nigerian Airforce (willing ,able and ready).

168 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Amuocha: 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2019
'Immediately his head was chopped off,” shocked

Buhari sef angry

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by orisa37: 6:00pm On Apr 07, 2019
He died on duty. RIP.

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2019
Ayodehji202:
This is obviously a fake news because we have only one air cheif marshal in the Nigerian Airforce and is name is Sadique Abubakar the chief of air staff. God bless the Nigerian Airforce, wiiling able and ready

A fake news really. NAF presently does not have an Air Chief Marshal. The present CAS is an Air Marshal.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by chloride6: 6:59pm On Apr 07, 2019
Facepalm...

RIP
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by sacajawea: 7:50pm On Apr 07, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

A fake news really. NAF presently does not have an Air Chief Marshal. The present CAS is an Air Marshal.
Why Is that? Noone Has Gotten to the Rank yet?
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:57pm On Apr 07, 2019
sacajawea:

Why Is that? None Has Gotten to the Rank yet?

Please read to understand. I said presently, the NAF does not have one. That does not mean it has never had Air Chief Marshals. We had Air Chief Marshals Alex Badeh, Oluseyi Petinrin and Paul Dike, all former CDS.

14 Likes

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by sacajawea: 8:02pm On Apr 07, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

Please read to understand. I said presently, the NAF does not have one. That does not mean it has never had Air Chief Marshals. We had Air Chief Marshals Alex Badeh, Oluseyi Petinrin and Paul Dike, all former CDS.

What I meant Is that Has No One In the Force Presently gotten there? Of course Others Would Have attained the rank
Try and Calm Down Bros

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by IAmSkinny: 8:10pm On Apr 07, 2019
F
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Ayodehji202: 8:17pm On Apr 07, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

my bad you are very very right,that is how all this bloggers spread fake news just to spread lies.imaging an air chief Marshal kiiled by an helicopter blade no matter how careless the people are it can never happen to an officer of such rank

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Chinashopping84: 8:17pm On Apr 07, 2019
RIP
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Nairalandmentor(m): 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2019
Rest on Pilot embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Iruobean(m): 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2019
Simple safety tips would have saved this tragedy. Apart from handling guns and flying the craft, they should also be taught to take safety very serious.

Lord bless his soul.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by slickbak(m): 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2019
Mind so sharp I Bleep around and cut my head off

2 Likes

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Ayodehji202: 8:19pm On Apr 07, 2019
sacajawea:

Why Is that? Noone Has Gotten to the Rank yet?
.A Nigerian Airforce officer can only attain that rank when he becomes the country chief of defence. staff

13 Likes

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Alaska90(m): 8:19pm On Apr 07, 2019
FAKE NEWS

2 Likes

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by sonnie10: 8:20pm On Apr 07, 2019
Even me, when I am driving pass a fly over, my natural instinct is to dock (bend my head). Trust me, if I happen to be anywhere near a chopper, I would be crawling.

Anyway, na when bad thing go happen.

20 Likes

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by francis5051: 8:20pm On Apr 07, 2019
I blame buhari for this, please where is lai Mohammed?

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by nosiebaba(m): 8:20pm On Apr 07, 2019
Is the helicopter that low that the blades can chop of one's head.. Na wa for this news o

12 Likes

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by davillian(m): 8:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
How?
Air chief ? pilot how?

3 Likes

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by hisexcellency34: 8:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
Will any good news ever come out of Borno state?
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
Na wa ooo. Was he too tall?

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2019

RIP.

What an error.
Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by IvarTheTerrible: 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2019
angry

This almost happened to me years back while in the SAS. shocked

We had just finished an aerial reconnaissance mission over the plains of enemy territory...

I was about removing my helmet and pack my things for the day.

I thought of taking a selfie for my chubby kid at home, being a doting father.

Suddenly as i stood smiling ... i saw my colleagues gasp and their eyes widen in raw, unadulterated FEAR.

5 Likes

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by sevo(m): 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2019
You know the news is fake when only one name is released...umar no get surname or first name??

3 Likes

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by deebrain(m): 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2019
Fake news.

And I think nairaland should verify news before publishing.

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by checkolatunji: 8:23pm On Apr 07, 2019
Ayodehji202:
This is obviously a fake news because we have only one air cheif marshal in the Nigerian Airforce and is name is Sadique Abubakar the chief of air staff. God bless the Nigerian Airforce, wiiling able and ready

You should be ashamed of yourself for saying it's a fake news.

His friend just left here and he told us about it as it happened .

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Mutemenot(m): 8:24pm On Apr 07, 2019
How low is the blade ?

1 Like

Re: Helicopter Blade Kills Pilot Umar In Borno State by Upton: 8:24pm On Apr 07, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

!!! Air Chief Marshall is the rank of the Chief of Defense Staff. Imagine saying the chief of defense staff is deployed to the battle field when is not the kind of battles that iserealites fought in the old testament.

The story get as e be.
"The deceased, who was the co-pilot, had gone to the pick his bags and on his way back, he passed through the side of the rotor which was functioning.

“Immediately his head was chopped off,” the source said." Abeg na ontop helicopter the guy bag dey abi the rotor dey inside the helicopter?

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Palaces Of Popular Monarchs.-(pictures) / Ekpoma Residents Abandon Accident Victim, Loot Trailer Load Of Rice / Passengers Involved In Accident On Their Way To Akure (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.