Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria (37343 Views)

NTA Presenter Wearing Canvas And Traditional Attire / NTA Staff Wearing Makeup On Live TV (Photo) / NTA Engineers Struggling To Fix Their Equipment At UYO Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by slex(m): 8:28am On Apr 08, 2019
NTA , an embodiment of uselessness. Once my sub finishes I prefer watching DsTV ch.100 (ad channel than to watch that eyesore ch.251

Rubbish!!!!!
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Ziggylady(f): 8:28am On Apr 08, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
oga you want to spoil the colour of your TV screen, who does that? NTA!!!! Chai ,if your TV is LG flat screen, we will sue you for TV abuse. Except you are watching from sharp 12inches.

The last time I watched that station was in 2004 or something! That terrible day when ADC aircraft went down 4min after take off. All other stations were live update trying to locate the crash site. Only NTA was busy showing cassava green leaves.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 08, 2019
Basic problem with NTA is

1.Finance.

BBC is the world's news leader. It is also a government owned organisation whose funding comes from something called a TV licence...which costs 140 POUNDS STERLING per annum.

Everyone in the UK with a TV pays that money, and that includes foreign residents. Even illegal immigrants pay!If you don't pay, you get into trobule.

The licence fees form a large chunk of the BBC's funding.

NTA needs funding...and a budget of less than 800million naira for the Information ministry is not going to fund the NTA.

2.NTA was good in the 1970's and 80'S. In my opinion, the problems started when all the innovative NTA people retired...and their replacements were boring civil servants. Sorry, but a TV station is not run by BORING civil servants.

Ben Bruce , when he came in in 1999, tried for NTA....but the BORING civil servants frustrated him out of office.....

2 Likes

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by ridbell01(m): 8:28am On Apr 08, 2019
madmohamed:
I think is only me that think about it. That station should be Shut down I'm not surprise Na ABOKI they manage it what did they know
they means you know little about this station
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by sonature1: 8:28am On Apr 08, 2019
Tharaja:
embarassed

The problem of NTA are the following people....

1. Mr Duro Onabule
2 Mr Cyril Stober
3 Mr Mohammed Kudu Abubakar
4 Mr Kierian Umeayo
5 Madam Eugenia Abu
6 Mr Kingsley Osadolor and that Woman I cant remember her name...
7. Madam Elizabeth Banu
8. Sola Atere...
So so many of them are the problem of NTA. The largest Tv network in Africa my foot...

Uncle, those guys are just the newscasters and reporters that's why you know their names.

The problem is the management and the technical/content teams

3 Likes

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by johnaruson(m): 8:29am On Apr 08, 2019
Guy man , can't work in NTA, it took me time to recall what NTA is all about when you mentioned it earlier.
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by martineverest(m): 8:29am On Apr 08, 2019
tenderlaw:

Ben Bruce changed the logo. It was reverted back to the old dull one immediately Bruce left that office. Go and confirm.
I remember the blue logo design.....Ben bruce only changed the logo.he later uses the loot to establish silverbird galleria and TV

4 Likes

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by ridbell01(m): 8:30am On Apr 08, 2019
BlacSmit:
That's one of the many problem atiku's government intended solving.

You see, the government isn't good with business because its not suppose to behave like an aggressive investor going about profit-chase.

And the media industry is hyperdynamic. It changes all the time. Picture-producing equipments and transmission devices are update fast enough to keep up with consumers demand.

NTA isn't doing a bad jib anyway. The only bad thing I see is, it still being under government control.
you mean selling the station is best?
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 08, 2019
From the colours (brown) to even the name Nigerian television authority. What authority? NTA as it is is currently stuck in the 70s. Their ways of working, programmes, production and even presenters.
I remember Ben Bruce worked with NTA and the logo changed under his leadership but when he left, they reverted to this drab crap. NTA just like a good number of Government agencies needs to be overhauled.

5 Likes

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by olas24u(f): 8:31am On Apr 08, 2019
fk001:

What's wrong with having accent? Stop the inferiority complex pls.

Russians have accent

Chinese have accent

Indian's have accent

Germans have accent

Infact all the countries in the world have there different accent when speaking English.

You also have accent, no matter how hard you try to copy the English men, unless you were born and brought up in England.

Do you even know that the whites prefer and regards someone with accent?

Be proud of who you are, you are a Nigerian, Yoruba at that. Mother of all accent.

https://wwitv.com/tv_channels/b1527.htm
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:32am On Apr 08, 2019
Ziggylady:

You guys are so berefit of truth and sound mind,crude,archaic and lacking in logical thinking...

It is on record that NTA had remarkable changes when Ben Bruce,very modern as at that time especially NTA2Channel5 so get away with your stuppidd lies

That guy is senseless.

Beyond NNPC, I was actually hoping Atiku would sell off all NTA stations across the 36 states, including NTA Lagos, NTA Benin, NTA Maiduguri, etc. Sell the damn stations to private investors and see how fast they would grow.

We don't need 1000 NTA workers with over 13 stations. CGTN (formerly CCTV) is miles ahead of the useless NTA and has only 1 mega station in the whole of CHINA, one in Kenya (for Africa based reporting), one in the US, one in the U.K, etc. That's how international channels operate.
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by tunwumi: 8:32am On Apr 08, 2019
HisSexcellency:
Came back this morning from church only to discover that my cable subscription has expired, so i tuned to the only available channel NTA.

I haven't watched NTA for God knows how long now, i was totally disappointed with what was showing on my tv screen, the picture quality and lighting was very poor, audio quality was awful. It was as if i was teleported by to the 1970s or something.

We are in the 21st century for God sake, what will it cost the management of NTA to overhaul the stations. I believe they get budgets annually running into billions. Privately owned and managed tv stations like Channels, Tvc, Arise, Silverbird, AIT, etc are miles ahead of a supposedly more financed NTA. And what's with the archaic dirty brown colour combination, can't the colours of the station be changed to something more appealing and brighter? Or do we need a two- third majority of the national assembly to rebrand NTA.

For over 20 years ministers come and go and no one thought it wise to rebrand the station, if it involves sacking some persons to get the station running let the needful be done. NTA is supposed to be a national brand and pride, but what we currently have today is nothing to write home about.

I couldn't spare 3 minutes to watch the station today because it was a torture to the eyes and sense of good taste.
Let the appropriate persons sit up and save the only national tv we have as at today.

Op

Thank you for this wonderful observation. I will suggges the focus of this discussion should be how the station should be run.

My first ideal is that the station should be privatize completely so the will not get a coin from the nation treasury again. With this they can look into cable subscription and bankroll a fantastic service and partnership with bigger companies and dominate the airwaves of nation with unbeatable prices for highest quality. With this they replace their equipment from time to time as digital broadcasting is like mobile phone with update every year and total replacement after 3 years.

All this bore down to visionary management.

1 Like

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by olas24u(f): 8:33am On Apr 08, 2019
fk001:

Russians have accent

Chinese have accent

Indian's have accent

Germans have accent

Infact all the countries in the world have there different accent when speaking English.

You also have accent, no matter how hard you try to copy the English men, unless you were born and brought up in England.

Be proud of who you are, you are a Nigerian, Yoruba at that. Mother of all accent.
https://www.presstv.com
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Champneys: 8:33am On Apr 08, 2019
Total Embarrassment!

1 Like

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Danwakae(m): 8:33am On Apr 08, 2019
madmohamed:
I think is only me that think about it. That station should be Shut down I'm not surprise Na ABOKI they manage it what did they know

ABOKI NO KNW ANYTHING, BUT THEY CONTINUE TO RULE YOUR GENERATION

SECOND HAND CITIZENS.
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Ziggylady(f): 8:34am On Apr 08, 2019
I cant even the last time i watched NTA..Whenever i hear NTA i remember New Masquerade,Speak-Out,Village Head-Master,Tales By Moon-Light and other programmes i watched as a child.

The most useless out-dated TV station in World still stuck in the 20th century with their,poor picture quality,archaic programmes,childish lies and falsehood..

Thank God for DSTV.

1 Like

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by martineverest(m): 8:35am On Apr 08, 2019
fk001:

Russians have accent

Chinese have accent

Indian's have accent

Germans have accent

the accent and their dress code are the only good things about nta
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Lawflix: 8:35am On Apr 08, 2019
NTA reflects the state of the nation, how backward we are
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by CCSN: 8:35am On Apr 08, 2019
Mace0lane:
That is after PDP failed to do a thing about for 16 years or you among the fools that claim we should
not talk about where we are coming from ?!

Continue dwelling in the past, same blame game till 2023.

1 Like

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by pannyman(m): 8:36am On Apr 08, 2019
olas24u:

What are you saying?ben Bruce performaned. At the station and he turned it to a 24hrs station.most of the workers hated change and not in touch with 21century television management.most are like civil servants and can't be sacked by him because they were slected based on quota system.

You're right. He even changed the logo of NTA. After Obasanjo left power, Iredia was appointed and he proceeded to reverse with malice every reform carried out by Ben Murray-Bruce, including bringing back the changed logo. Ben did a lot to modernise NTA but most of the staff did not want change. They were more comfortable with mediocrity.

5 Likes

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Quorax: 8:36am On Apr 08, 2019
HisSexcellency:
Came back this morning from church only to discover that my cable subscription has expired, so i tuned to the only available channel NTA.

I haven't watched NTA for God knows how long now, i was totally disappointed with what was showing on my tv screen, the picture quality and lighting was very poor, audio quality was awful. It was as if i was teleported by to the 1970s or something.

We are in the 21st century for God sake, what will it cost the management of NTA to overhaul the stations. I believe they get budgets annually running into billions. Privately owned and managed tv stations like Channels, Tvc, Arise, Silverbird, AIT, etc are miles ahead of a supposedly more financed NTA. And what's with the archaic dirty brown colour combination, can't the colours of the station be changed to something more appealing and brighter? Or do we need a two- third majority of the national assembly to rebrand NTA.

For over 20 years ministers come and go and no one thought it wise to rebrand the station, if it involves sacking some persons to get the station running let the needful be done. NTA is supposed to be a national brand and pride, but what we currently have today is nothing to write home about.

I couldn't spare 3 minutes to watch the station today because it was a torture to the eyes and sense of good taste.
Let the appropriate persons sit up and save the only national tv we have as at today.

Bros, does the transformation you seek fall from sky or it should be funded? Why doesn't the government hands off the TV and privatize it or do it the PPP way? It's a government establishment.
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by namiji2598: 8:37am On Apr 08, 2019
madmohamed:
u are jus a foolish igbotic ant... igbos that knows nothing rather than hate for other tribe...
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by martineverest(m): 8:37am On Apr 08, 2019
olas24u:

I watch Russian international TV daily and the English version has people without accent,look I meant clear English that anybody could understand was not talking about British,American,or Australian or newzealand English, something that is clear.check presstv,the Iranian TV,Russian TV,Chinese the,check all the English versions and check NTA news ,with a hausa speaker of English.
nta English accent Is clear,except u have auditory problem
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by ThothHermes: 8:38am On Apr 08, 2019
Tharaja:
embarassed

The problem of NTA are the following people....

1. Mr Duro Onabule
2 Mr Cyril Stober
3 Mr Mohammed Kudu Abubakar
4 Mr Kierian Umeayo
5 Madam Eugenia Abu
6 Mr Kingsley Osadolor and that Woman I cant remember her name...
7. Madam Elizabeth Banu
8. Sola Atere...
So so many of them are the problem of NTA. The largest Tv network in Africa my foot...
Claire Adelabu AbdulRazak?
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by hamingra: 8:38am On Apr 08, 2019
HisSexcellency:

And why is it that all those "nice stations" only come on when you have subscription? yeye person!
We love NTA, leave am for us! Make sure you watch your "sophisticated channels" when you get subscription!

1 Like

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by madmohamed(m): 8:39am On Apr 08, 2019
namiji2598:

u are jus a foolish igbotic ant... igbos that knows nothing rather than hate for other tribe...
fork off
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 8:39am On Apr 08, 2019
The privatisation of NTA is the only solution.

NTA has lost nearly 75℅ of its customer base since the turn of the century.

I will rather watch Nigerian news on TVC or Channels than NTA

Even majority of the state owned television stations have improved significantly.

It's now a failed cooperation

If government can privatize NEPA that is monopolistic in nature, why not NTA that already has enough competitions.

2 Likes

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by olas24u(f): 8:39am On Apr 08, 2019
martineverest:
nta English accent Is clear,except u have auditory problem
Well ,maybe now,it's been 10years I have watched the station,so maybe they have upgraded ,but I know that in the past .
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by tonyimadu: 8:39am On Apr 08, 2019
Mace0lane:
That is after PDP failed to do a thing about for 16 years or you among the fools that claim we should
not talk about where we are coming from ?!

Where are we coming from... if we are not hypocritical we would know nigerian problems did not begin in 1999. We would not be talking about 16 years but over 50years.
But then the solution cannot be found in the past leadership. It can only be found in the present and future.
So it would not be too wise to spend more energy in criticism of the past.
More of our time should be spent in watching this current government.
The changes we need cannot be found in the past.

2 Likes

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 08, 2019
hamingra:

And why is it that all those "nice stations" only come on when you have subscription? yeye person!
We love NTA, leave am for us! Make sure you watch your "sophisticated channels" when you get subscription!

Meaning watch what you can afford cheesy
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Pelumi75(m): 8:41am On Apr 08, 2019
NTA na 3GP quality
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by boyjo: 8:41am On Apr 08, 2019
HisSexcellency:

How can you say that??
Ben Bruce re-branded NTA!
Have you forgotten the silvery letters of NTA then?
It was a delight to watch then, young and beautiful people were anchoring programs.
They pioneered the morning shows then with different very entertaining segments.

Then bad belle enter.
Ben Bruce was accused of financing Silverbird with NTA money (imagine such nuisance!)
The next MD, like Ambode did to Fashola`s legacy, reversed everything including the silvery modern NTA letters back to this ugly brown you are complaining about!

When old men are at the helms of affair, they prefer never to change things or encourage innovation or creativity!

cc:
madmohamed, Almaiga

olas24u don`t mind Almaiga, he is one of the bad belle I was talking about!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija Eviction: The 9 Housemates Of The Icons Team Up For Possible Eviction / Netflix Acquires Kunle Afolayan’s "Mokalik” / Why BBNaija 2019 Is Holding In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.