Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria (37382 Views)

NTA Presenter Wearing Canvas And Traditional Attire / NTA Staff Wearing Makeup On Live TV (Photo) / NTA Engineers Struggling To Fix Their Equipment At UYO Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by lakesider(m): 9:09am On Apr 08, 2019
Where is Ben Bruce
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by boyjo: 9:11am On Apr 08, 2019
Acidosis:

the glory of NTA lies in its mediocrity.

Why so brutal?
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by boyjo: 9:13am On Apr 08, 2019
tactius:

I'm not a fan of Bruce, but the guy TRIED to make NTA a much better place.

1 Like

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by boyjo: 9:14am On Apr 08, 2019
Just2endowed2:

But a certain guy tried to change the way nta was, he even change the logo but unfortunately, some underdeveloped individuals that sees no future decided to reverse the logo to the ancient logo and reverse all innovation to primitive times of broadcasting.
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by boyjo: 9:14am On Apr 08, 2019
Ziggylady:

You guys are so berefit of truth and sound mind,crude,archaic and lacking in logical thinking...

It is on record that NTA had remarkable changes when Ben Bruce was in charge,with very modern equipments as at that time especially NTA2Channel5 so get away with your stuppidd lies
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by olas24u(f): 9:15am On Apr 08, 2019
boyjo:

Do you know the power of brown envelope entering one`s bank account??
We all products of the environment we live ,everybody has a price tag.
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by boyjo: 9:17am On Apr 08, 2019
tactius:
Basic problem with NTA is

1.Finance.

BBC is the world's news leader. It is also a government owned organisation whose funding comes from something called a TV licence...which costs 140 POUNDS STERLING per annum.

Everyone in the UK with a TV pays that money, and that includes foreign residents. Even illegal immigrants pay!If you don't pay, you get into trobule.

The licence fees form a large chunk of the BBC's funding.

NTA needs funding...and a budget of less than 800million naira for the Information ministry is not going to fund the NTA.

2.NTA was good in the 1970's and 80'S. In my opinion, the problems started when all the innovative NTA people retired...and their replacements were boring civil servants. Sorry, but a TV station is not run by BORING civil servants.

Ben Bruce , when he came in in 1999, tried for NTA....but the BORING civil servants frustrated him out of office.....
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 08, 2019
Tharaja:
embarassed

The problem of NTA are the following people....

1. Mr Duro Onabule
2 Mr Cyril Stober
3 Mr Mohammed Kudu Abubakar
4 Mr Kierian Umeayo
5 Madam Eugenia Abu
6 Mr Kingsley Osadolor and that Woman I cant remember her name...
7. Madam Elizabeth Banu
8. Sola Atere...
So so many of them are the problem of NTA. The largest Tv network in Africa my foot...
How?
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Resurgent2016: 9:19am On Apr 08, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Pay television already generate Billions in Nigeria.

I see no reason why NTA cannot follow a similar route.

Who in his right sense will pay to watch NTA? They better keep their free model or just disband the whole thing

3 Likes

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by boyjo: 9:20am On Apr 08, 2019
Imarnuel10:
From the colours (brown) to even the name Nigerian television authority. What authority? NTA as it is is currently stuck in the 70s. Their ways of working, programmes, production and even presenters.
I remember Ben Bruce worked with NTA and the logo changed under his leadership but when he left, they reverted to this drab crap. NTA just like a good number of Government agencies needs to be overhauled.

No lies o, what useless authority? Nigerian Television Authority!

3 Likes

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 9:21am On Apr 08, 2019
Resurgent2016:

Who in his right sense will pay to watch NTA? They better keep their free model or just disband the whole thing
Better picture quality and program can attract new audience.

NTA has the reach

I believe the likes of Startimes are even using their facilities to transmit their channels.

1 Like

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Resurgent2016: 9:25am On Apr 08, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Better picture quality and program can attract new audience.

NTA has the reach

I believe the likes of Startimes are even using their facilities to transmit their channels.

Bro, picture quality is just half of NTA's problem. Qualified/innovative staffing and content is the other half.

NTA will never be able to solve the latter simply because it is designed as a 100% propaganda outlet and no agency in Nigeria recruits based on competence.

3 Likes

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Reference(m): 9:26am On Apr 08, 2019
The last person who advanced the station was Ben Bruce. He went through hell and high water and was eventually kicked out. A few years later if memory serves me well a proposal was made to privatise it but was rejected by government on the premise that government needed a media house it controlled . There you are. NTA is government and a reflection of government in everyway.... steady decline.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by olas24u(f): 9:26am On Apr 08, 2019
fk001:

Do you know Stephanie McGovern of BBC?

There are some reporters that have accent in BBC, Aljazeera.

But majority of the News presenters doesn't have accent
Well I meant clear English that you can easily grab without asking what did he say again

1 Like

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 08, 2019
smesi:
NTA has nothing to offers anymore, the days of NTA has gone...all we watch at that television station is just wasting of time and people wearing Agbada and Babariga and showing us Abuja
There was a time Cyril Stoner change from wearing agbada to wearing suit. That day heaven fell because his presentation was strange to audience. The following week he reverted to agbada

1 Like

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 9:29am On Apr 08, 2019
Resurgent2016:

Bro, picture quality is just half of NTA's problem. Qualified/innovative staffing and content is the other half.

NTA will never be able to solve the latter simply because it is designed as a 100% propaganda outlet and no agency in Nigeria recruits based on competence.
True, but government in last two previous administrations have realized that proganda has a new areana, the new battle ground is on Social media. Hence, I believe government can easily privatize NTA without thinking about it.

Privatisation of NTA will bring about a complete overhaul of the Services on NTA.
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by oladele239(m): 9:31am On Apr 08, 2019
Guys let's take it to Twitter with #rebrandnta cool
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by nazicartel(m): 9:34am On Apr 08, 2019
boyjo:

hahaha una wan kee me for this thread, Brunclezuma meme and AuroraB post nearly finish me grin grin
but no be lie nah... let me even check what they're showing now

1 Like

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 08, 2019
While y’all are bashing NTA, don’t forget to bash Nairaland too.
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Askme8: 9:40am On Apr 08, 2019
Mace0lane:
That is after PDP failed to do a thing about for 16 years or you among the fools that claim we should
not talk about where we are coming from ?!

and I think u are among the zombies that said we should not talk about were we are now after almost 4years.i no know why good Sense of reasoning hard all this abokis and afonjas.be a Nigerian before a Muslim, a Christian,a northern,a southern,an eastern, APC or pdp.only in that way can Nigeria move forward. Stop all this PDP rule for more than 16years,the north has ruled for more than 36years,now judge b/w PDP and the north who kept Nigeria in this mess? The last time I check the north is the worst region in Nigeria even with all the leaders from there, so now tell me who is the problem of Nigeria is it PDP or the north? Plz let's talk about the present and not the past.nta needs total up grading Nigeria must be better.
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by ejimatic: 9:40am On Apr 08, 2019
HisSexcellency:
Came back this morning from church only to discover that my cable subscription has expired, so i tuned to the only available channel NTA.

I haven't watched NTA for God knows how long now, i was totally disappointed with what was showing on my tv screen, the picture quality and lighting was very poor, audio quality was awful. It was as if i was teleported by to the 1970s or something.

We are in the 21st century for God sake, what will it cost the management of NTA to overhaul the stations. I believe they get budgets annually running into billions. Privately owned and managed tv stations like Channels, Tvc, Arise, Silverbird, AIT, etc are miles ahead of a supposedly more financed NTA. And what's with the archaic dirty brown colour combination, can't the colours of the station be changed to something more appealing and brighter? Or do we need a two- third majority of the national assembly to rebrand NTA.

For over 20 years ministers come and go and no one thought it wise to rebrand the station, if it involves sacking some persons to get the station running let the needful be done. NTA is supposed to be a national brand and pride, but what we currently have today is nothing to write home about.

I couldn't spare 3 minutes to watch the station today because it was a torture to the eyes and sense of good taste.
Let the appropriate persons sit up and save the only national tv we have as at today.
. I share your opinion. Apart from poor audio and visual quality, there programming is horrible.Apart from the news no entertainment at all.Something must be done to make NTA appealing again

1 Like

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by boyjo: 9:40am On Apr 08, 2019
pannyman:

You're right. He even changed the logo of NTA. After Obasanjo left power, Iredia was appointed and he proceeded to reverse with malice every reform carried out by Ben Murray-Bruce, including bringing back the changed logo. Ben did a lot to modernise NTA but most of the staff did not want change. They were more comfortable with mediocrity.
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by boyjo: 9:44am On Apr 08, 2019
tonyimadu:

But then the solution cannot be found in the past leadership. It can only be found in the present and future.
So it would not be too wise to spend more energy in criticism of the past.
More of our time should be spent in watching this current government.
The changes we need cannot be found in the past.

Wise man smiley
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by Lustig(m): 9:44am On Apr 08, 2019
tenderlaw:

Ben Bruce changed the logo. It was reverted back to the old dull one immediately Bruce left that office. Go and confirm.
You are 100% correct boss

1 Like

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by boyjo: 9:46am On Apr 08, 2019
nazicartel:
but no be lie nah... let me even check what they're showing now

Abeg etin dem dey show hahaha grin
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:46am On Apr 08, 2019
hamingra:

And why is it that all those "nice stations" only come on when you have subscription? yeye person!
We love NTA, leave am for us! Make sure you watch your "sophisticated channels" when you get subscription!
undecidedundecided
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by GEEBITE: 9:46am On Apr 08, 2019
Look up the name of the DG,you will know why they are at that sorry state.When Murray Bruce ran the place forget his any other shortcomings,the transformation was phenomenal but they havent build on it since he left over about 15 years ago.
HisSexcellency:
Came back this morning from church only to discover that my cable subscription has expired, so i tuned to the only available channel NTA.

I haven't watched NTA for God knows how long now, i was totally disappointed with what was showing on my tv screen, the picture quality and lighting was very poor, audio quality was awful. It was as if i was teleported by to the 1970s or something.

We are in the 21st century for God sake, what will it cost the management of NTA to overhaul the stations. I believe they get budgets annually running into billions. Privately owned and managed tv stations like Channels, Tvc, Arise, Silverbird, AIT, etc are miles ahead of a supposedly more financed NTA. And what's with the archaic dirty brown colour combination, can't the colours of the station be changed to something more appealing and brighter? Or do we need a two- third majority of the national assembly to rebrand NTA.

For over 20 years ministers come and go and no one thought it wise to rebrand the station, if it involves sacking some persons to get the station running let the needful be done. NTA is supposed to be a national brand and pride, but what we currently have today is nothing to write home about.

I couldn't spare 3 minutes to watch the station today because it was a torture to the eyes and sense of good taste.
Let the appropriate persons sit up and save the only national tv we have as at today.

1 Like

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by madmohamed(m): 9:47am On Apr 08, 2019
seunprodigy13:
mumu ur favorite commonsense sinator was once d head.....what did he achieve
mad man fork off
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by boyjo: 9:48am On Apr 08, 2019
samonak:

It was even Ben Bruce that rebranded it from the parlous state it originally was. Its on record that it was during his tenure that live broadcast started, the station started broad casting 247, state of the art equipment were procured and welfare of staff were improved, but ever since he left, the station has experienced a downward spiral in hands of the Aboki management. Almost all their entire staff are from the north, and I won't be out of place to rename the station, Northern Television Authority
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by nazicartel(m): 9:50am On Apr 08, 2019
boyjo:

Abeg etin dem dey show hahaha grin
breakfast sports...

1 Like

Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by boyjo: 9:50am On Apr 08, 2019
Koralords:

Ben Bruce time was the best for nta .the where showing champions league and priemiership matches then
Re: NTA: An Embarrassment To Nigeria by madmohamed(m): 9:50am On Apr 08, 2019
Sholaco:
Stop your hate on a particular tribe, allow God to reign in your life,love all,trust few and do wrong to none. angry
I don't hate anyone but they should stop this born to rule madness

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija Saturday Night Party Thread / Caroline Ekanem: Light-skinned Nollywood Actress / #bbnaija2018: Miracle And Nina Knew Themselves Before Coming To The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.