Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 (27510 Views)

Chelsea Vs Arsenal: Europa Cup Final (4 - 1) On 29th May 2019 / Liverpool vs Barcelona: UCL Semi-Finals (4 - 0) On 7th May 2019 / Barcelona Vs Liverpool: UCL Semi Finals (3 - 0) On 1st May 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by SNAIL4U: 8:06pm On May 18, 2019
Buy 35 pics of Snail for 5k only, to be delivered to your doorstep. delivery fee is 500 Within ABUJA only. payment to be done before delivery. Pls contact us at 08076201817.

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by osazsky(m): 8:06pm On May 18, 2019
Jokerman:

Oga... Until you win any European trophy, you still below those teams
all I know is that man u is sick and will continue to remain irrelevant until d glazzers sell man u bit unfortunately they are not willing to sell,,,,u can't force him to sell,I pray d board remains till eternity,,,I agree that Aston villa,northinham forest are greater than city,,,,its our time now football has evolved pls I want to encourage u to continue in Dis ur path,,d same path Aston villa and northinham took,ac Milan too,its a narrow path but this one leads to destruction and elimation from d footballing map same with countries like soviet union who are no longer in d world map,,,hahaha
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by osazsky(m): 8:09pm On May 18, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
ha ha ... my broda, since SAF has left Man U has been in shambles. Man C won EPL before Pep, so winning it is great but Pep needs to win UCL.
but pep kicked fergies ass twice from d UCL final how abt that,I still remember d tears and pains he caused him,,all try fergies career he never won pep,google is ur friend

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:10pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
but pep kicked fergies ass twice from d UCL final how abt that,I still remember d tears and pains he caused him,,all try fergies career he never won pep,google is ur friend

According to you logic, Mourinho is also greater than Fergie??
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:11pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
all I know is that man u is sick and will continue to remain irrelevant until d glazzers sell man u bit unfortunately they are not willing to sell,,,,u can't force him to sell,I pray d board remains till eternity,,,I agree that Aston villa,northinham forest are greater than city,,,,its our time now football has evolved pls I want to encourage u to continue in Dis ur path,,d same path Aston villa and northinham took,ac Milan too,its a narrow path but this one leads to destruction and elimation from d footballing map same with countries like soviet union who are no longer in d world map,,,hahaha

Lol... Enjoy it's your time... Buh respect your elders
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by blizzers(m): 8:13pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
for ur info pep spent only 60 m this season,ur sarri bought a keeper for 60m,bought johnihor for close to 40m,bought higuin and so on,,,I don't understand u,moreover Liverpool spent more this season close to 200m,,,,,d board didn't give him money as well,before mou left man u he was given close to 300m twice

Sum up what Chelsea has sold in the last 5 years subtract players sales den compare the rest to what PEP had spent in 3 seasons.....#nomuchtalk
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by jelel6: 8:14pm On May 18, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

You make excellent points. Winning the domestic league is as prestigious as winning UCL. However, Pep has had access to massive funds in all his teams (Bayern/Man C) but failed to even take them to UCL finals. I agree with you that Pep is arguably the best coach right now but raise an eye brow when claims are made that he’s better than SAF.

In respect to SAF, I think they are in vastly different situations, especially earlier on in SAF's career. Man United where not always this big. They had prestige but their relationship to Liverpool then was like Arsenal and Spurs currently with Spurs having more EPL titles and CL though.

SAF made the "knock them of their perch" promise when Man Utd were no where near the level of Liverpool with about half of pool's EPL titles. He came to surpass them at 18. Remarkable!

Pep's winning rate is actually higher than most. He will likely surpass SAF in a few more seasons. But the titles are just one (lesser) part of Pep. It is how he actually wins that make him so respected as the best coach in football.

Zidane won Alot with Madrid actually too, 3 CL. But I don't see football clubs scrambling to appoint him when he was free. Chelsea didn't make any effort to get him before they appointed Sarri. But Pep will have red carpets offering everytime he wants to change clubs.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by andrew444(m): 8:15pm On May 18, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
Even after Pep left Barca, they won UCL so .....

I did not tell you that Barca did not win the cl after pep left

He has won the champions league,you can only hate but you can't take the champions league away from his cv

Stop feeling insecured
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by AYFikayomi: 8:17pm On May 18, 2019
Jokerman:

Lol... Because of 5-0?? Thank God you know Mourinho knocked out in UCL, COPA and dominated Barca 2011, thereby becoming the best laliga side in history becoming the first team to amass 100 points in a single laliga season

RM 12 are not the best side in LaLiga history, you could argue, but I dont believe so.

Mourinho didnt knock Pep out of the UCL with Real, Pep did knock hım out though.

İn the 3 seasons they spent together in Spain Pep won the LaLiga twice, Mourinho once....

He finished above Mou all the times they were together in the PL and lets now forget how Pep continues to trash Mou on h2h.
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by blizzers(m): 8:19pm On May 18, 2019
jelel6:

I know many people will think otherwise, but the Champions League is not the best indicator of a team's strength. Madrid won three straight CL but only won the league once. Are you going to actually tell me that team was better than Barca's? The margin for error is too small in the CL and better teams could end up losing or going out.

[s]Pep Bayern were good and capable of Winning it but there were other teams stronger then. But this City, they are the best team in the world in my opinion. They are better than Pep Bayern. Their individual quality is staggering[/s].

The CL is hard. I expected them to win it this year but Spurs were ready and the rest is history. But what you can't deny this City team is that every year, they are going to be among the top 2-3 rated teams to win it. Once a coach gets his team to that level, LUCK WILL EVENTUALLY be on their side.

Pep City better than Pep Bayern?.....you are wrong... Don’t just argue, gather facts..., why not start by comparing player for player in all positions...Also the Bayern side were already serial winners of the league and had just won the Champions League a year after losing the finals
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:27pm On May 18, 2019
AYFikayomi:

RM 12 are not the best side in LaLiga history, you could argue, but I dont believe so.

Mourinho didnt knock Pep out of the UCL with Real, Pep did knock hım out though.

İn the 3 seasons they spent together in Spain Pep won the LaLiga twice, Mourinho once....

He finished above Mou all the times they were together in the PL and lets now forget how Pep continues to trash Mou on h2h.

Oga Mourinho and Pep played only two seasons in Spain... Know your records

Mourinho has 4 European trophies, Pep 2.

If you don't agree that Mourinho Madrid isn't the best laliga side ever, why then do you Barca fans says pep's man city is the best EPL side ever??
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Beedude(m): 8:30pm On May 18, 2019
Jokerman:

Lol... Fergie still the greatest coach for now
Greatest in ucl or just a local champion? If u EPL fans wont admit pep is good cos he hasn't won the ucl more than twice, I think Alex Ferguson shouldn't be consider great or good cos he won just twice all tru his coaching years and pep also won it twice In just 10years as a manager
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Reussite: 8:31pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
I guess u are one of those shouting DAT if messi was that good like Rinaldo he should change club,,,but sees nothing wrong in fergie coaching a single club for 27years,fergie was a carward,,,y didn't he leave Eng to Spain if he was that good,,,u can't also change d fact that pep is in his late 40s let pep get to 70 first then we can compare their trophy cabinet
This is the same way we say Ronaldo is better than Messi cos he's proven himself in 3 clubs now amassing 5 CLs, 4 league titles(across europe) compared to Messi's 3 CLs & 8 league titles.
Though as a non-fan of Pep truth is he is the best coach at the moment even with losing the CL. With this squad he has they're definitely coming for the CL next season.
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by shosky1794: 8:36pm On May 18, 2019
NiggasInParis:
I believe Pep is currently enjoying and doing what Mourinho did in his Prime. Think about it

But anyways, he is still not close, UCL means a lot!
So MOU stands out!

How does MOU stand out. Mou has 2 UCL same as Pep. MOU coached in EPL for 8 years without winning the UCL. He took even Ferguson 13 years at Man Utd before he could win the UCL. Also, you can't accuse Pep of buying his trophies if you don't know the history of Ferguson at Man Utd and MOU at Chelsea. They all spent so heavily to win trophies at their respective clubs. Roy Keane, Andy Cole, Jap Stam, Rio Ferdinand all came to Man Utd for British transfer records at different times.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by osazsky(m): 8:40pm On May 18, 2019
blizzers:

Sum up what Chelsea has sold in the last 5 years subtract players sales den compare the rest to what PEP had spent in 3 seasons.....#nomuchtalk
was pep city's coach last 5 years ago ,how much did pep really spend to build this team,,,he bought,,walker,bernando,,useless Mendy,sane and gudogan, non of this players cost up to 60m,u guys will just b shouting pep spent hell,,,,, he had to build his team,,y is nobody talking of Liverpool that spent 200m ,,this season,imaging if pep had bought a keeper and defender for close to 160m internet would have exploded by now, for ur info mou was given 300m twice and nobody is talking

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by osazsky(m): 8:46pm On May 18, 2019
shosky1794:

How does MOU stand out. Mou has 2 UCL same as Pep. MOU coached in EPL for 8 years without winning the EPL. He took even Ferguson 13 years at Man Utd before he could win the UCL. Also, you can't accuse Pep of buying his trophies if you don't know the history of Ferguson at Man Utd and MOU at Chelsea. They all spent so heavily to win trophies at their respective clubs. Roy Keane, Andy Cole, Jap Stam, Rio Ferdinand all came to Man Utd for British transfer records at different times.
gbam u nailed it,,this one na knock out imagine buying a Ferdinand for 42m 17 years ago while other teams used loaned players as defenders cuz they priorities attackers to defenders,,,kids on Nl would just b shouting pep spent,,,they didn't watch mou while he was in Chelsea ,that guy then can buy anything

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:47pm On May 18, 2019
Beedude:

Greatest in ucl or just a local champion? If u EPL fans wont admit pep is good cos he hasn't won the ucl more than twice, I think Alex Ferguson shouldn't be consider great or good cos he won just twice all tru his coaching years and pep also won it twice In just 10years as a manager

Lol... That means Zidane is greater than all.. Coz just 3 years, 3 UCL grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:50pm On May 18, 2019
shosky1794:

How does MOU stand out. Mou has 2 UCL same as Pep. MOU coached in EPL for 8 years without winning the EPL. He took even Ferguson 13 years at Man Utd before he could win the UCL. Also, you can't accuse Pep of buying his trophies if you don't know the history of Ferguson at Man Utd and MOU at Chelsea. They all spent so heavily to win trophies at their respective clubs. Roy Keane, Andy Cole, Jap Stam, Rio Ferdinand all came to Man Utd for British transfer records at different times.

Bottlelona clown.... grin.. Mou spent 8 years in EPL before winning the league?? O ti ya werey.... angry grin

Mourinho won the league in his first season with Chelsea Oga ade, and also won the league with 95 points, the highest then.. Please don't embarrass yourself...
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by osazsky(m): 8:51pm On May 18, 2019
Jokerman:

Lol... Enjoy it's your time... Buh respect your elders
when elders grow old they die man u is dead
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by blizzers(m): 8:51pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
was pep city's coach last 5 years,,,,how much did pep really spend to build this team,,,he bought,,walker,bernando,,useless Mendy,sane and gudogan, non of this platers cost up to 60m,u guys will just b shouting pep spent hell,,,,, he had to build his team,,y is nobody talking of Liverpool that spent 200m ,,this season,imaging if pep had bought a keeper and defender for close to 160m internet would have exploded by now, for ur info mou was given 300m twice and nobody is talking

You drifted from the point...What Chelsea had spent in last 5years is not up to what Pep has spent in 3years...And don't forget Chelsea still won trophies during the period.....PEP is good but the funds has helped in more at City....As for MOU, yes he flopped buh maybe at the latter stages of his career....When MOU was top gear too, he had more admirers and followers than PEP cos he is vocal...
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:51pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
gbam u nailed it,,this one na knock out imagine buying a Ferdinand for 42m 17 years ago while other teams used loaned players as defenders cuz they priorities attackers to defenders,,,kids on Nl would just b shouting pep spent,,,they didn't watch mou while he was in Chelsea ,that guy then can but anything

Do you know Man utd and Arsenal had a better team than Mourinho's Chelsea then?
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 8:52pm On May 18, 2019
andrew444:

I did not tell you that Barca did not win the cl after pep left

He has won the champions league,you can only hate but you can't take the champions league away from his cv

Stop feeling insecured
This is the problem with folks like you that do not read my original post. Someone has said that “Pep was better than SAF” and to that I said bullshït !
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by jelel6: 8:52pm On May 18, 2019
blizzers:

Pep City better than Pep Bayern......you are wrong... Don’t just argue, gather facts..., why not start by comparing player for player in all positions...Also the Bayern side were already serial winners of the league and had just won the Champions League a year after losing the finals

Serial winners winning the Bundesliga is no miracle. Yes they were in the final, two seasons in a row. That's great I agree. But the thing is, the best teams are not necessarily those who won the CL. You'll forgive me if I don't think there's enough competition for Pep's Bayern in the Bundesliga when they could literally buy Dortmund.

For a team to Post 100 points. And then 98 points in two consecutive seasons is no mean feat. Most of all the EPL. Don't forget, the second placed team is a Liverpool team which finished with an unprecedented 97 points. The Third team is Chelsea and had Hazard only needing to start 3 Europa league games to get them to the finals. Fifth placed Arsenal made light work of Valencia home and away to reach the finals too. Fourth placed Spurs, who have been on a losing streak for two years against City could be good enough to knock them out over two legs and also eliminate an Ajax team who tolled with Madrid and Juventus boosting C.Ronaldo. All this achieved without Harry Kane and they are in the CL finals.

I laid all that so you won't claim the competition in the EPL is crap for them to post 198 points in two seasons. The best Barca team didn't do it. Juve didn't do it. PSG didn't do it. Pep's Bayern definitely didn't do it despite all these teams Winning their league every single year for YEARS now.

Perhaps, I'll have slightly more Bayern Munich players in there, but that's down to HEAVY PERSONAL bais I think.

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:53pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
when elders grow old they die man u is dead

Lol... Yet... Until you meet this record.. Respect and bow to your elders

13 EPL
3 UCL
6 ballondor winners
1 FIFA best player award

As a Barca fan you should understand this, you are also becoming history in the UCL too grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 8:53pm On May 18, 2019
jelel6:

In respect to SAF, I think they are in vastly different situations, especially earlier on in SAF's career. Man United where not always this big. They had prestige but their relationship to Liverpool then was like Arsenal and Spurs currently with Spurs having more EPL titles and CL though.

SAF made the "knock them of their perch" promise when Man Utd were no where near the level of Liverpool with about half of pool's EPL titles. He came to surpass them at 18. Remarkable!

Pep's winning rate is actually higher than most. He will likely surpass SAF in a few more seasons. But the titles are just one (lesser) part of Pep. It is how he actually wins that make him so respected as the best coach in football.

Zidane won Alot with Madrid actually too, 3 CL. But I don't see football clubs scrambling to appoint him when he was free. Chelsea didn't make any effort to get him before they appointed Sarri. But Pep will have red carpets offering everytime he wants to change clubs.
Good points ... I’ll follow your posts, you have a good footy acumen.
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 8:55pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
Yes but the same Fergie won UCL with an EPL team twice while Pep cannot even take an EPL team to the UCL final once forget winning it ... google or bing is also your friend tongue
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by osazsky(m): 8:58pm On May 18, 2019
blizzers:

You drifted from the point...What Chelsea had spent in last 5years is not up to what Pep has spent in 3years...And don't forget Chelsea still won trophies during the period.....PEP is good but the funds has helped in more at City....As for MOU, yes he flopped buh maybe at the latter stages of his career....When MOU was top gear too, he had more admirers and followers than PEP cos he is vocal...
when mou was in Chelsea during that time he was d one that spent more,,,,,every coach needs cash,,y didn't pep go to Blackburn, y did he go to Chelsea immediately he had DAT the Russian billionaire has taken over Chelsea,what are u saying
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by osazsky(m): 9:00pm On May 18, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

Yes but the same Fergie won UCL with an EPL team twice while Pep cannot even take an EPL team to the UCL final once forget winning it ... google or bing is also your friend tongue
fergie was a pet,d English fa,referees d media always wanted him to win,,my aguement is that fergie was a carward ,while remain in a club for 27years,,,he wouldn't have won anything if he were in Spain,fergie was a carward just like messi argue with urself
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by blizzers(m): 9:03pm On May 18, 2019
jelel6:

Serial winners winning the Bundesliga is no miracle. Yes they were in the final, two seasons in a row. That's great I agree. But the thing is, the best teams are not necessarily those who won the CL. You'll forgive me if I don't think there's enough competition for Pep's Bayern in the Bundesliga when they could literally buy Dortmund.

For a team to Post 100 points. And then 98 points in two consecutive seasons is no mean feat. Most of all the EPL. Don't forget, the second placed team is a Liverpool team which finished with an unprecedented 97 points. The Third team is Chelsea and had Hazard only needing to start 3 Europa league games to get them to the finals. Fifth placed Arsenal made light work of Valencia home and away to reach the finals too. Fourth placed Spurs, who have been on a losing streak for two years against City could be good enough to knock them out over two legs and also eliminate an Ajax team who tolled with Madrid and Juventus boosting C.Ronaldo. All this achieved without Harry Kane and they are in the CL finals.

I laid all that so you won't claim the competition in the EPL is crap for them to post 198 points in two seasons. The best Barca team didn't do it. Juve didn't do it. PSG didn't do it. Pep's Bayern definitely didn't do it despite all these teams Winning their league every single year for YEARS now.

Perhaps, I'll have slightly more Bayern Munich players in there, but that's down to HEAVY PERSONAL bais I think.

Yes City are good no doubt and the standard of the EPL has affected all other top Six teams to raise their games which has played out in several competitions they are in...But have you thought of these top SIX aside LIVERPOOL are not at their best.....How many times have you seen ARSENAL, CHELSEA, MAN UNITED loosing 6-10 matches a season consecutively... Its City's time...they should enjoy, cos it will surely pass
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 9:12pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
fergie was a pet,d English fa,referees d media always wanted him to win,,my aguement is that fergie was a carward ,while remain in a club for 27years,,,he wouldn't have won anything if he were in Spain,fergie was a carward just like messi argue with urself
Ha ha .... so now you are claiming referees helped SAD ... how desperate/distorted can you get??
Pep won UCL in La Liga but could not win in Bundesliga or EPL so what does that say about your underwhelming argument?
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by blizzers(m): 9:13pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
when mou was in Chelsea during that time he was d one that spent more,,,,,every coach needs cash,,y didn't pep go to Blackburn, y did he go to Chelsea immediately he had DAT the Russian billionaire has taken over Chelsea,what are u saying

MOU came to Chelsea cos he was one of the brightest as then. and Chelsea project was cool for him...He came from PORTO where there was no money which he had won the league with...Came to Chelsea, made them winners..Sacked left for INTER where he spent less then 120M to make them Champions Leagues winners....One fact am sure about PEP is....HE WILL ONLY THRIVE WHEN THERE IS MONEY TO SPEND AND THATS WHY HE CHOOSES HIS TARGET...Do you think PEP will ever take a liverpool job as at under Bredan Rogers? A big NO... I rest my Case

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Bournemouth (2 - 1) - Live / Brighton Vs Manchester United : FA Cup (6 - 7)pens On 23rd April 2023 / Juve Bought Me To Win Champions League, Says Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.