Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 (27513 Views)

Chelsea Vs Arsenal: Europa Cup Final (4 - 1) On 29th May 2019 / Liverpool vs Barcelona: UCL Semi-Finals (4 - 0) On 7th May 2019 / Barcelona Vs Liverpool: UCL Semi Finals (3 - 0) On 1st May 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by jelel6: 9:15pm On May 18, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

Good points ... I’ll follow your posts, you have a good footy acumen.

Wow shocked pretty special to hear someone say they'll follow (listen) to any thing someone else has to say.

It takes a good footy person to appreciate another, I think wink
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by osazsky(m): 9:18pm On May 18, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

Ha ha .... so now you are claiming referees helped SAD ... how desperate/distorted can you get??
Pep won UCL in La Liga but could not win in Bundesliga or EPL so what does that say about your underwhelming argument?
fergie was a pet,how can u remain in ur fathers house at 27,,if I have a son of DAT age and am still feeding him na me go use my hand pursue am,,fergie was what d British media wanted him to b,hence he stayed in nan u for more than 27years,u can't rate such coach cuz he didn't try himself with others,,,fergie was a carward,,,,,for UE info pep is still in his 40s,,he has not gone to Italy,France,Netherland,,let him get to 73, first then we can now draw d line,,but for now interms of UCL pep already achieved wat fergie achieved in 27 years
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by shosky1794: 9:20pm On May 18, 2019
Jokerman:

Bottlelona clown.... grin.. Mou spent 8 years in EPL before winning the league?? O ti ya werey.... angry grin

Mourinho won the league in his first season with Chelsea Oga ade, and also won the league with 95 points, the highest then.. Please don't embarrass yourself...

You should have seen that I meant to say the UCL. Kids everywhere
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 9:22pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
fergie was a pet,how can u remain in ur fathers house at 27,,if I have a son of DAT age and am still feeding him na me go use my hand pursue am,,fergie was what d British media wanted him to b,hence he stayed in nan u for more than 27years,u can't rate such coach cuz he didn't try himself with others,,,fergie was a carward,,,,,for UE info pep is still in his 40s,,he has not gone to Italy,France,Netherland,,let him get to 73, first then we can now draw d line,,but for now interms of UCL pep already achieved wat fergie achieved in 27 years
Pep always goes to big money teams. Let him go to a team like Porto or even Inter and win UCL ... forget that ... Bayern and Man City broke the bank for him to deliver UCL and he cannot even take them to the dam final!
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by osazsky(m): 9:24pm On May 18, 2019
Jokerman:

Lol... Yet... Until you meet this record.. Respect and bow to your elders

13 EPL
3 UCL
6 ballondor winners
1 FIFA best player award

As a Barca fan you should understand this, you are also becoming history in the UCL too grin
oga are u comparing baca to ur man u,,,baca nor b rugby we dey play o na football o,,do u watch football at all
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by shosky1794: 9:27pm On May 18, 2019
blizzers:

MOU came to Chelsea cos he was one of the brightest as then. and Chelsea project was cool for him...He came from PORTO where there was no money which he had won the league with...Came to Chelsea, made them winners..Sacked left for INTER where he spent less then 120M to make them Champions Leagues winners....One fact am sure about PEP is....HE WILL ONLY THRIVE WHEN THERE IS MONEY TO SPEND AND THATS WHY HE CHOOSES HIS TARGET...Do you think PEP will ever take a liverpool job as at under Bredan Rogers? A big NO... I rest my Case

If you factor in inflation, you know what 120M then will be now. Without the same money you spoke of MOU wouldn't have achieved anything at Chelsea or Inter. Also without huge funds, Fergie wouldn't have won his first league title at Man Utd after 5 years.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by blizzers(m): 9:31pm On May 18, 2019
shosky1794:

If you factor in inflation, you know what 120M then will be now. Without the same money you spoke of MOU wouldn't have achieved anything at Chelsea or Inter. Also without huge funds, Fergie wouldn't have won his first league title at Man Utd after 5 years.

Even with inflation 120M will not equal 500M right now considering the kind of players he bought. And as for fergie... I got no argument(s) against him....
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 9:43pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
oga are u comparing baca to ur man u,,,baca nor b rugby we dey play o na football o,,do u watch football at all

Lol... Na him Liverpool scatter you 4 with origi... grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 9:44pm On May 18, 2019
shosky1794:

Oga who did Mourinho buy at Inter??
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Gr8amechi: 9:51pm On May 18, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
ha ha ... my broda, since SAF has left Man U has been in shambles. Man C won EPL before Pep, so winning it is great but Pep needs to win UCL.
Did city ever defend the epl?
Did they ever win a domestic treble?
Stop saying what you have no ideal about with all boldness.
Pep was brought in to make city dominate in England and Europe not to win the UCL just once and become inconsistent like Chelsea.
Building what will last takes time and pep is in the right direction, first establish a domestic dominance then push through the UCL.
Watch how far they will go next season

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 9:55pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
So Mourinho is greater than Fergie too, by your logic??
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 9:58pm On May 18, 2019
Gr8amechi:

Did city ever defend the epl?
Did they ever win a domestic treble?
Stop saying what you have no ideal about with all boldness.
Pep was brought in to make city dominate in England and Europe not to win the UCL just once and become inconsistent like Chelsea.
Building what will last takes time and pep is in the right direction, first establish a domestic dominance then push through the UCL.
Watch how far they will go next season
Do you think the owners of City brought Pep to win EPL?? Prior to Pep, City has already won the EPL twice. Stop deceiving your self my friend. The rich Qataris only brought Pep to City to deliver the forking UCL title and he has failed to do so ... (come up with some more excuses).
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by PopeFlatino(m): 10:18pm On May 18, 2019
After how many season for la Liga,na one league title ur favorite coach win.. where was he when Barca wire am 5-0 for his first Clasico?..na d same mourinho Guardiola beat 3-1 last November
Jokerman:

You mean Mourinho that won lAliga with over 100 points whilst pep greatest team ever??
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 10:20pm On May 18, 2019
PopeFlatino:
After how many season for la Liga,na one league title ur favorite coach win.. where was he when Barca wire am 5-0 for his first Clasico?..na d same mourinho Guardiola beat 3-1 last November

Mourinho never beat Guardiola before

Buh it doesn't mean Madrid Mourinho didn't win laliga with 100 points over Guardiola barca
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by PopeFlatino(m): 10:26pm On May 18, 2019
U made no point..If pep was still at barca till now or as long as Ferguson stayed at ManUtd am sure by now He would have added 2,3 or more UCL titles to his portfolio,u know.
at Barca he perfected the already well known style of play originated by Cruyff(TikiTaka)..at Bayern and Mancity that Philosophy was a new Total style to what they are used to so he needed time to perfect it but unfortunately he couldn't get much years at Bayern but his impact made Bayern seize Bak power totally from Dortmund....Now at Mancity,he couldn't win d EPL on his first season,He won it in his second season wit d Carling cup,Now he won all three,U can sense the improvement in d team and on personal level of Sterling,Sane and co...now by next season he will be All out for d UCL..watch out
ReeLoaDead:
Pep won those two UCLs with Barca. After Pep left Barca, they still won UCL with him.
Pep failed to deliver UCL with Bayern and so far with City
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Omonigeriarere: 10:29pm On May 18, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
Did he win the UCL with Bayern or Man C??

No. Ferguson won it in United and Madrid!
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by PopeFlatino(m): 10:32pm On May 18, 2019
He eliminated Barca with inter not defeated(Away goal rule)... Wasn't he d same Mourinho that swallowed 5-0 at camp nou? And lost heavily to Barca in UCL with madrid,after how many season for real Madrid,he just won 1 league..he was even d one beaten by Pep Last November 3-1 in England...my guy why are u irritated with anything relating to Barcelona?
LesbianBoy:

Where were you when mourinho won the league with Real Madrid with 100 points over pep guardiola? And that Barcelona team is greatest team in the last 10 years! But mourinho beat them in Champions League with inter milan and won the league with Real Madrid!
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by PopeFlatino(m): 10:33pm On May 18, 2019
grin grin grin..tell them haters..they all hate anything Barca related
Omonigeriarere:

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by gibzzhd: 10:34pm On May 18, 2019
Jokerman:

Oga Mourinho and Pep played only two seasons in Spain... Know your records

Mourinho has 4 European trophies, Pep 2.

If you don't agree that Mourinho Madrid isn't the best laliga side ever, why then do you Barca fans says pep's man city is the best EPL side ever??
I hope u know peps boy Tito Made same 100 points the next season?

So Madrid didn't do anything Barca hasn't done.
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Omonigeriarere: 10:40pm On May 18, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

You make excellent points. Winning the domestic league is as prestigious as winning UCL. However, Pep has had access to massive funds in all his teams (Bayern/Man C) but failed to even take them to UCL finals. I agree with you that Pep is arguably the best coach right now but raise an eye brow when claims are made that he’s better than SAF.

But Man U spend and has Pogba and Lukaku as the costliest players in PL. Van Dik and Liverpool keeper are costliest in their own positions too; what is your point exactly?

If Man U did sign Sanchez and Ibrahimovic on free transfer, the could have become the costliest team at present. However, why is Man U still struggling to win a trophy in England despite being the highest wages in football club.

City's spending is justifiable and necessary considering the release of players like - Hart, Calabaro, Clichy, Kolarov, Sagna, Yaya, Mangala, Ihenacho, Zabaletha, Nasri, Navas, Nolito etc within a season.

In fact, City is paying lower wages now as compared to then, but Man U is still paying the highest wages till date.

The ability of Pep to instill his philosophy and integrate the team to achieve result could not be under estimated.

Now we can say Tiki-taka can work in EPL.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Omonigeriarere: 10:41pm On May 18, 2019
Jokerman:

Lol... Fergie still the greatest coach for now

If the domestic #Treble is so easy, how come no one else has done it?
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by PopeFlatino(m): 10:43pm On May 18, 2019
grin but Pep did the same last season over mourinho,this time with superior records..so who's better?
Jokerman:

Mourinho never beat Guardiola before

Buh it doesn't mean Madrid Mourinho didn't win laliga with 100 points over Guardiola barca

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by BANJEX38: 10:47pm On May 18, 2019
Sir God would bless you for your analysis many people just take information results and start drawing some useless conclusions. Many don't know that there are many underlying factors that determine the success of a team.
They just draw conclusions like he can't do this, he can't do that. I admire Pep for leaving his comfort zone and players like they say and showing that he is truly worth his salt.
PopeFlatino:
U made no point..If pep was still at barca till now or as long as Ferguson stayed at ManUtd am sure by now He would have added 2,3 or more UCL titles to his portfolio,u know.
at Barca he perfected the already well known style of play originated by Cruyff(TikiTaka)..at Bayern and Mancity that Philosophy was a new Total style to what they are used to so he needed time to perfect it but unfortunately he couldn't get much years at Bayern but his impact made Bayern seize Bak power totally from Dortmund....Now at Mancity,he couldn't win d EPL on his first season,He won it in his second season wit d Carling cup,Now he won all three,U can sense the improvement in d team and on personal level of Sterling,Sane and co...now by next season he will be All out for d UCL..watch out
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 10:47pm On May 18, 2019
PopeFlatino:
grin but Pep did the same last season over mourinho,this time with superior records..so who's better?

Compare Barca of 2011 and Man utd of 2018
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 10:53pm On May 18, 2019
gibzzhd:

I hope u know peps boy Tito Made same 100 points the next season?

So Madrid didn't do anything Barca hasn't done.

Try doing 100 points and 121 goals
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by PopeFlatino(m): 10:54pm On May 18, 2019
You are now talking Rubbish....Barca of then has no player as costly as Pogba,Lukaku,Sanchez,Zlatan and co...more than half of the squad were product of the youth system still moulded by the same Pep....better go and sleep grin
Jokerman:

Compare Barca of 2011 and Man utd of 2018
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by AYFikayomi: 10:56pm On May 18, 2019
Jokerman:

Oga Mourinho and Pep played only two seasons in Spain... Know your records

Yea, my apologies

Mourinho has 4 European trophies, Pep 2.

My argument is that Pep dominated Mourinho in Spain! Mou was actually ahead of hım in my books until he started getting sacked every where.

Besides Pep dosent have 2 'European trophies, he has 5. 'Know your records'.

İf you don't agree that Mourinho Madrid isn't the best laliga side ever,

Ofcourse I agree grin

Why then do you Barca fans says pep's man city is the best EPL side ever??

Barca fans are free to believe that city is the best EPL side ever, You're also free to think so of Real12, I just dont agree. İts a worthy belief but I dont agree.... I also dont think City are the best side of all time in the PL.
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 10:56pm On May 18, 2019
Omonigeriarere:

SAF won it with Madrid?? grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 10:58pm On May 18, 2019
PopeFlatino:
Wrong... Barca won the treble without Pep so Pep is not quite the magician you folks are crowning him to be !
He had more than enough time at Bayern and Man C ... he simply failed to deliver UCL success to those two clubs - period!
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 11:00pm On May 18, 2019
PopeFlatino:
You are now talking Rubbish....Barca of then has no player as costly as Pogba,Lukaku,Sanchez,Zlatan and co...more than half of the squad were product of the youth system still moulded by the same Pep....better go and sleep grin

Lol... Barca fan oniro... ; Iniesta, Xavi, Nessi, Villa etc with lukaku , Pogba ... Hahaha
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 11:02pm On May 18, 2019
Omonigeriarere:

But Man U spend and has Pogba and Lukaku as the costliest players in PL. Van Dik and Liverpool keeper are costliest in their own positions too; what is your point exactly?

If Man U did sign Sanchez and Ibrahimovic on free transfer, the could have become the costliest team at present. However, why is Man U still struggling to win a trophy in England despite being the highest wages in football club.

City's spending is justifiable and necessary considering the release of players like - Hart, Calabaro, Clichy, Kolarov, Sagna, Yaya, Mangala, Ihenacho, Zabaletha, Nasri, Navas, Nolito etc within a season.

In fact, City is paying lower wages now as compared to then, but Man U is still paying the highest wages till date.

The ability of Pep to instill his philosophy and integrate the team to achieve result could not be under estimated.

Exactly, Man U after SAF sucks.
Man City before Pep won EPL buy could not win UVL.
Pep came to Man C with the expectation to deliver UCL but so far has failed ... now y’all are just scrambling to come up with all sorts of excuses grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by PopeFlatino(m): 11:03pm On May 18, 2019
Thank U my guy...it might still interest them to know that Bayern's costliest player at Pep's era then was Constantine Toliso wit a value of just £35.35 mil...compared to the value of Players at Real with Mourinho(Cr7,Ozil,Di Maria,James and co)........Pep was after cheap signings but intelligent ones mostly of Spanish origin like Thiago,Bernat,J.Martinez and co,still he dominated Germany and managed to feature in UCL semis almost every year..I guess u have said all I wanted to say about his manCity signings.. It's all about necessity that he must sign young, intelligent players..what will he have to achieved with Jesus Navas,Clichy,Zabaleta,Micah Richards and co?
Omonigeriarere:

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Bournemouth (2 - 1) - Live / Brighton Vs Manchester United : FA Cup (6 - 7)pens On 23rd April 2023 / Juve Bought Me To Win Champions League, Says Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.