Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 (27504 Views)

Chelsea Vs Arsenal: Europa Cup Final (4 - 1) On 29th May 2019 / Liverpool vs Barcelona: UCL Semi-Finals (4 - 0) On 7th May 2019 / Barcelona Vs Liverpool: UCL Semi Finals (3 - 0) On 1st May 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Angelfrost(m): 7:22pm On May 18, 2019
beautyhound:

Who can tell? Arsenal? Liverpool? Even R. Madrid nd Juventus and Barce sef went tru dry spells in their history... urs maybe now. lmao...

All these gist sef... In their worst season under Van Gaal they won F.A cup; In an average season under Mourinho they ran away with Community shield, EFL cup, and the 2nd best trophy in Europe...

I understand people hate Man United (even their plastic African fans), but give credit where it is due... The teams people are lauding to have massively improved can't boast of half of what United has in this dry spell.
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by osazsky(m): 7:22pm On May 18, 2019
LesbianBoy:

Where were you when mourinho won the league with Real Madrid with 100 points over pep guardiola? And that Barcelona team is greatest team in the last 10 years! But mourinho beat them in Champions League with inter milan and won the league with Real Madrid!
and were is mou today! ? no serious club with ambition will employ that clown,mou is in d past just like united,football has evolved

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 7:24pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
d same way mou has failed to win it for years and has become irrelevant in football, pep has won it twice,fergie won it twice too,if fergie was that good why didn't he leave his comfort zone,he couldn't have achieved much if he were in Spain or Italy,how can u coach a single team for 26 years without changing club,fergie had an easier task cuz he had less challenges,,,,pep is england,kudos sir,u deserve an accolade respect
ha ha ... my broda, since SAF has left Man U has been in shambles. Man C won EPL before Pep, so winning it is great but Pep needs to win UCL.
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by martineverest(m): 7:25pm On May 18, 2019
blizzers:
Wish Pep can come to CHELSEA to come face what pressure looks like...Pep can’t win as much trophies in Chelsea cos those players go make life tire am. Moreso Chelsea won’t give him much money as he is spending ryt now.. We’ll goodluck to him buh I don’t see him winning the Champions League with City or anytime soon. If He’s already pressured by Tottenham and Liverpool, how much more with Munich, PSG and the likes
don't forget pep sells any disobedient player..And he resigns when he is not in control

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 7:26pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
same way mou couldn't win it for years and has become irrelevant in football,pep has won two,fergie won two,wat is there to understand .if fergie was that good y didn't he exploit other countries,,,,, u think fergie would have won anything if he came to Spain,how can u coach a single club for 27years and u say u are a good coach,nonsense
Mou was won UCL with two teams that have half the payroll of Pep’s teams.
So yes, Pep does not yet have the success of Mou. Though, I agree, right now Pep is the better coach
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by holuphisayor(m): 7:27pm On May 18, 2019
What an exhibition. grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 7:27pm On May 18, 2019
andrew444:

But he has won the UCL twice and its in his cv so no worries .
Even after Pep left Barca, they won UCL so .....
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 7:28pm On May 18, 2019
Uyi168:
Mumu talk..
Has he not win the ucl?
Did he win the UCL with Bayern or Man C??
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by blizzers(m): 7:28pm On May 18, 2019
martineverest:
don't forget pep sells any disobedient player..And he resigns when he is not in control

Chelsea will be too hot for him to work....Moreso Chelsea fans like their players so in the end, the coach leaves
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 7:30pm On May 18, 2019
PopeFlatino:
But he has same 2 champions league title with Ferguson
Pep won those two UCLs with Barca. After Pep left Barca, they still won UCL with him.
Pep failed to deliver UCL with Bayern and so far with City
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by jelel6: 7:32pm On May 18, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

Pep is great but he has failed to win UCL with Bayern and Man City (so far).

I know many people will think otherwise, but the Champions League is not the best indicator of a team's strength. Madrid won three straight CL but only won the league once. Are you going to actually tell me that team was better than Barca's? The margin for error is too small in the CL and better teams could end up losing or going out.

Pep Bayern were good and capable of Winning it but there were other teams stronger then. But this City, they are the best team in the world in my opinion. They are better than Pep Bayern. Their individual quality is staggering.

The CL is hard. I expected them to win it this year but Spurs were ready and the rest is history. But what you can't deny this City team is that every year, they are going to be among the top 2-3 rated teams to win it. Once a coach gets his team to that level, LUCK WILL EVENTUALLY be on their side.

10 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by NiggasInParis: 7:33pm On May 18, 2019
I believe Pep is currently enjoying and doing what Mourinho did in his Prime. Think about it

But anyways, he is still not close, UCL means a lot!
So MOU stands out!
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 7:41pm On May 18, 2019
mvem:
..when you see good thing say it ...with the rate Pep carries trophies before he reaches 60 years he would have out passed your great Ferguson...has Pep stayed as long as Ferguson, he is just 49 abi 50 with many more years in coaching ..pep already has 24 trophies...He is on course to become the greatest manager...facts speaks

Wait till he get there na... For now Ferguson is still tops
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 7:41pm On May 18, 2019
karpentar:

You’re so obsessed with Barca and her fans.
All your replies point towards that. What’s your
Problem with Barca? Is it because they consistently demolished WomanU in championship league matches, even under your “great” Ferguson? Please remove the envy cloth you’re wearing, it’s weighing your brain down. Free advise. Take it and live!

Lol... Still 2nd to Madrid
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by pryme(m): 7:42pm On May 18, 2019
Jokerman:

So in your heart

EPL
FA cup
Caring cup

Is better than

EPL
FA cup
UCL

The argument here is a DOMESTIC TREBLE, no manager in the EPL has ever attained it. UCL is not among the DOMESTIC trophies.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Cityfirstborn(m): 7:42pm On May 18, 2019
All this haters, now is about winning the champions league..next it will be about winning the world cup.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by jelel6: 7:43pm On May 18, 2019
Mourinho is struggling to remain relevant to the top clubs. He's so unattractive now that I'm sure no EPL top 6 will appoint him. Barça? Never! Madrid? The players refused him! Bayern? I'd be surprised those almighty Bayern Munich Bosses will entertain a character like Mourinho. PSG? They say they want Tuchel to stay.

Allegri is leaving Juventus. But I'd be surprise they go for Mourinho, especially since Ronaldo is there and have not a great relationship with Mourinho.

Mourinho is left with few top club options to be frank. He's exactly what Pep is right now. Pep can go to any club today and they'll appoint him NOW. Including Real Madrid.

Man Utd and Ed Woodward will happily sack and Pursue Solksjear if Pep wanted to coach Man Utd this instant.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 7:45pm On May 18, 2019
jelel6:

I know many people will think otherwise, but the Champions League is not the best indicator of a team's strength. Madrid won three straight CL but only won the league once. Are you going to actually tell me that team was better than Barca's? The margin for error is too small in the CL and better teams could end up losing or going out.

Pep Bayern were good and capable of Winning it but there were other teams stronger then. But this City, they are the best team in the world in my opinion. They are better than Pep Bayern. Their individual quality is staggering.

The CL is hard. I expected them to win it this year but Spurs were ready and the rest is history. But what you can't deny this City team is that every year, they are going to be among the top 2-3 rated teams to win it. Once a coach gets his team to that level, LUCK WILL EVENTUALLY be on their side.
You make excellent points. Winning the domestic league is as prestigious as winning UCL. However, Pep has had access to massive funds in all his teams (Bayern/Man C) but failed to even take them to UCL finals. I agree with you that Pep is arguably the best coach right now but raise an eye brow when claims are made that he’s better than SAF.
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by LesbianBoy(m): 7:45pm On May 18, 2019
AYFikayomi:

He still dominated Mourinho.

Mourinho still got one over him even though pep had a better team grin
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by osazsky(m): 7:47pm On May 18, 2019
blizzers:
Wish Pep can come to CHELSEA to come face what pressure looks like...Pep can’t win as much trophies in Chelsea cos those players go make life tire am. Moreso Chelsea won’t give him much money as he is spending ryt now.. We’ll goodluck to him buh I don’t see him winning the Champions League with City or anytime soon. If He’s already pressured by Tottenham and Liverpool, how much more with Munich, PSG and the likes
for ur info pep spent only 60 m this season,ur sarri bought a keeper for 60m,bought johnihor for close to 40m,bought higuin and so on,,,I don't understand u,moreover Liverpool spent more this season close to 200m,,,,,d board didn't give him money as well,before mou left man u he was given close to 300m twice
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by erons22(m): 7:49pm On May 18, 2019
Just give this man the respect he deserves smiley

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by osazsky(m): 7:50pm On May 18, 2019
ReeLoaDead:

You make excellent points. Winning the domestic league is as prestigious as winning UCL. However, Pep has had access to massive funds in all his teams (Bayern/Man C) but failed to even take them to UCL finals. I agree with you that Pep is arguably the best coach right now but raise an eye brow when claims are made that he’s better than SAF.
I guess u are one of those shouting DAT if messi was that good like Rinaldo he should change club,,,but sees nothing wrong in fergie coaching a single club for 27years,fergie was a carward,,,,y didn't he leave Eng to Spain if he was that good,,,u can't also change d fact that pep is in his late 40s let pep get to 70 first then we can compare their trophy cabinet

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Legendguru: 7:51pm On May 18, 2019
hmmm
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 7:52pm On May 18, 2019
Beedude:

Which means Sir Alex Ferguson is a domestic league coach. Winning ucl just twice in 26yrs is a failure

Lol... Fergie still the greatest coach for now
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 7:53pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
pls remove arsenal and man u from DAT list,, one runs a biz,,d other na charity organisation,, don't ask me y

Oga... Until you win any European trophy, you still below those teams
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 7:57pm On May 18, 2019
PopeFlatino:
Guy he dominated most good coaches like Caparros,Emery, Mourinho,anceloti and co in La Liga,,,He denied Ferguson twice in UCL final,finished up Wenger severally,He dominated every coach in Germany and still dispatcing many in England.....abeg Coach dey loose form tongue

You mean Mourinho that won lAliga with over 100 points whilst pep greatest team ever??
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by HULSH(m): 7:59pm On May 18, 2019
This one is most likely a United fan
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:00pm On May 18, 2019
AYFikayomi:

He still dominated Mourinho.

Lol... Because of 5-0?? Thank God you know Mourinho knocked out in UCL, COPA and dominated Barca 2011, thereby becoming the best laliga side in history becoming the first team to amass 100 points in a single laliga season
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by osazsky(m): 8:01pm On May 18, 2019
ReeLoaDead:
Mou was won UCL with two teams that have half the payroll of Pep’s teams.
So yes, Pep does not yet have the success of Mou. Though, I agree, right now Pep is the better coach
but liechester that didn't spend one kobo won d EPL in front of a mou team that spent billions to assemble he was looking like mumu

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by ReeLoaDead(m): 8:02pm On May 18, 2019
osazsky:
but liechester that didn't spend one kobo won d EPL in front of a mou team that spent billions to assemble he was looking like mumu
You will not win EPL every year. In Pep’s fist season with Man C he also did not win anything!
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:02pm On May 18, 2019
Kulas:
The best club in the world and the best coach in the world,Up City

Best Club in England... Not even the best in Europe more so the world
Re: Manchester City Vs Watford: FA Cup (6 - 0) On 18th May 2019 by Jokerman(m): 8:04pm On May 18, 2019
karpentar:

You’re so obsessed with Barca and her fans.
All your replies point towards that. What’s your
Problem with Barca? Is it because they consistently demolished WomanU in championship league matches, even under your “great” Ferguson? Please remove the envy cloth you’re wearing, it’s weighing your brain down. Free advise. Take it and live!

Lol...1999 and 2008

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Bournemouth (2 - 1) - Live / Brighton Vs Manchester United : FA Cup (6 - 7)pens On 23rd April 2023 / Juve Bought Me To Win Champions League, Says Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.