Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured (12044 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu At Chukwuemeka Ezeife’s Burial / Buni Was Not Properly Nominated As APC National Chairman – PDP / Jonathan's Book: Error Of Jugdement Or Book Not Properly Proof-read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by mozona(m): 11:06am On Apr 08, 2019
becos oy ya husband abi
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by Lanretoye(m): 11:07am On Apr 08, 2019
even their fallen heroes are marginalized.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by Firstorderwizard(m): 11:09am On Apr 08, 2019
ikombe:
There manhood is meant to live on grin

Olodo grin
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by theenchanter: 11:09am On Apr 08, 2019
Ayotemide:
I don't know if we should see them as Heroes to begin with, are civil wars fought and seen as Heroic stances?

The both sides lost men to that completely avoidable war, a civil war memorial should be more like it.

No need to tribalise deaths in this already heated country.
u sound very logical.

Very rare among ladies. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by dokyOloye: 11:12am On Apr 08, 2019
DCTrendy:
How will this contribute to national development? awon people yi sha.
Thread is about fallen IGBO heroes.
Why can't you just skip?
Are you a witch?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by wildikeman(m): 11:12am On Apr 08, 2019
Heros Was Ojukwu a Hero?? He ran away when the fight was so intense and left his people to suffer the brunt of the war... Ironsi started the coup and was the first millitary leader of Nigeria and thereby distroying the on going developing democracy... Abeg go nyash down. You went and married your fathers best friend and eloped. There's no igbo hero abeg. Even Azikiwe

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by lakesider(m): 11:13am On Apr 08, 2019
goodnessme1:
To show you how evil nigeria and it people from waste and not are,
every year they will commemorate the rwandan genocide but talk about remembering the people killed in biafra war,these set of people will kick against it all just to run away from history,

But Bianca Was once advice to the president of Nigeria...
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by sacajawea: 11:15am On Apr 08, 2019
BruncleZuma:
Why must you do this...at this bigotry driven period in our existence?
You don Forget Bianca, guy You Don Forget?
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 08, 2019
Pure truth
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by BruncleZuma: 11:18am On Apr 08, 2019
sacajawea:

You don Forget Bianca, guy You Don Forget?

grin grin grin grin

Now is not the time, not this president and not this level of division.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by blackpanda: 11:19am On Apr 08, 2019
goodnessme1:
every year they will commemorate the rwandan genocide but talk about remembering the people killed in biafra war,these set of people will kick against it all just to run away from history,

what stops your eastern leaders from remembering your so called fallen heroes
must u wait for fg
June 12 is a public holiday in the west. But easterners love being cry babies with silly victim mentality

4 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by Slurity(m): 11:21am On Apr 08, 2019
I told Okorocha to build Ojukwu statue like 40 different type but he won't listen , now see what he has caused now
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by Timoleon(m): 11:22am On Apr 08, 2019
blackpanda:

what stops your eastern leaders from remembering your so called fallen heroes
must u wait for fg
June 12 is a public holiday in the west. But easterners love being cry babies with silly victim mentality

Rightly said.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by MicroBox: 11:25am On Apr 08, 2019
goodnessme1:
President Paul Kigame is a Tutsi. So no doubt Rwanda genocide with be giving that big attention.
Only in Nigeria will traitor be celebrated because when don't have priorities as a country and corrupt.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by sacajawea: 11:32am On Apr 08, 2019
BruncleZuma:

grin grin grin grin

Now is not the time, not this president and not this level of division.
I've missed your Memes Bros and those your Funny Gifs
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by LZAA: 11:32am On Apr 08, 2019
checkolatunji:
Ok we have heard

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by BruncleZuma: 11:33am On Apr 08, 2019
sacajawea:

I've missed your Memes Bros and those your Funny Gifs
I dey try finish my thesis ooo...NL nah just to come laugh people I dey do now...
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by LZAA: 11:35am On Apr 08, 2019
Timoleon:
True immortalizing anyone from the Civil War won't bring anyone of them back neither does it automatically solve any of the problems bedeviling Nigeria or any other country that has faced something similar for that matter. However, for purpose of healing and reconciliation, countries do these remembrance. Nigeria should not be any different.

If we say the Civil war was a test of Nigeria's resolve to remain one indivisible country, those who fought and paid the ultimate price must not be forgotten.

Madam Bianca, lives and properties were lost on both sides. Don't be bigoted in your demands. Anything can be termed hate speech in these times. A lot of Nigerians are actually frustrated, do not incite them with careless speeches.

The casualties of war are often times not those who start the wars.
Think about it!

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by gidgiddy: 11:35am On Apr 08, 2019
wildikeman:
Heros Was Ojukwu a Hero??

Yes he was, at least to his people. He stood up and fought for the freedom of his people at a time when all others chose to bow to the caliphate

He ran away when the fight was so intense and left his people to suffer the brunt of the war...

I would rather be an Ojukwu who fought and ran away than be a coward that cannot fight at all, to even talk about getting to the stage of running away

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by gidgiddy: 11:38am On Apr 08, 2019
superlanny:
Immortalise what exactly, hero's of what, keep day dreaming there, igbos are the architects of whatever their problems are now, always making the same errors that keeps them as the minority. Wonder why an igbo man will never rule Nigeria, I can only blame the lack of intellectual prowess for their backwardness.

The people that have ruled Nigeria for donkey years, what did they get out of it? Are they any better than Igbos? Igbos don't wait government or high office to survive

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by sacajawea: 11:44am On Apr 08, 2019
BruncleZuma:
I dey try finish my thesis ooo...NL nah just to come laugh people I dey do now...
Ok MSc Or Phd?
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by BruncleZuma: 11:47am On Apr 08, 2019
sacajawea:

Ok MSc Or Phd?
Masters oh, the first one no dey pay.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:47am On Apr 08, 2019
Hu immortalize epp? Make we face real and importanter issues @ hand... Like security,, education,,30k minimum wage,, unemployment,, constant power supply.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by IvarTheTerrible: 11:47am On Apr 08, 2019
dokyOloye:
Thread is about fallen IGBO heroes.
Why can't you just skip?
Are you a witch?

But ....but.... there's no IGBO hero.

Or Hero = Coward in Ndigbo dictionary?

Zik + Ojukwu + Kanu all ran at the 1st sign of trouble
grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by sacajawea: 11:48am On Apr 08, 2019
BruncleZuma:

Masters oh, the first one no dey pay.
Ok Goodluck
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by Sanchez01: 11:51am On Apr 08, 2019
goodnessme1:
To be fair, Ojukwu's act was seen as one of treason. Secession move everywhere in the world is seen in such light. That the Nigerian government would 'honour fallen treasonous heroes' is unimaginable.

I expected Bianca to lash out at Eastern governors and the Ohaneze over this and not at the Federal government. Before June 12 issue became a national concern last year, states like Osun, Ogun, Oyo and Lagos made it big deals annually to celebrate the 'robbed democracy' that got Abiola killed. The Yoruba never asked that other parts of the country celebrate their 'fallen hero'. They did it themselves.

Ojukwu was a hero to his people and they should set aside a day to celebrate him as one like the Yorubas set aside June 12 every year.

What am I even saying? 'Jack, the dog' was the only fallen hero Kanu remembered, out of the 'scores' of people killed in his father's compound. IPOB never published their names till date.

Bottom line: don't expect others to wipe your arse for you. If you can't do it, be ready to walk around with flies hovering around your bum.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by LazyGold(m): 12:01pm On Apr 08, 2019
South West didn't wait for Federal Government before they made June 12 a Public Holiday and a Remembrance of MKO Abiola, but these one are still waiting for Federal Government
Re: Bianca Ojukwu: Igbo Fallen Heroes Not Properly Honoured by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2019
superlanny:
Immortalise what exactly, hero's of what, keep day dreaming there, igbos are the architects of whatever their problems are now, always making the same errors that keeps them as the minority. Wonder why an igbo man will never rule Nigeria, I can only blame the lack of intellectual prowess for their backwardness.

IGBO men have ruled Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Retirement Hell: Why Many Nigerian Pensioners Are Denied Access To Their Pension / Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination / Ugwuanyi Visits Freed Former SSG, Dr. Shere, Inspects Lejja-aku Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.