Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,466 members, 7,954,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:21 AM

Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria (19648 Views)

All Female Air Traffic Control Personnel Take Charge At Airports (Photo) / Aniekan Inuk Effiong: Air Traffic Controller Slumps, Dies At Lagos Airport / Lagos, Abuja, Rivers, Imo, Kano, Enugu Dominate Air Traffic Data 2Q (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by Odingo1: 7:04pm On Apr 08, 2019
That is why Yorubas hold Lagos tight to their breast, thanks to FG that developed Lagos when it was capital of Nigeria for donkey years. From 1914 to 1990's all manner of Nigerian resources was used to make lagos what is it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by Topmaike007(m): 7:12pm On Apr 08, 2019
zlantanfan:
Edo nor dey make noise.

My surprise is Ogun i doubt with so much companies, institutions, and mega church headquarters
you mean say Edo no Dey number one and you're proud to say this with all the Craft wey all those old Mama get...shior
Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by logan2(m): 7:15pm On Apr 08, 2019
9icest:

I am an Omo onile in Ikorodu area.
Your entire fathers pay me good money for a square meter feet. The slogan no mans land is just a sad and pathetic self-denial rant. If them born your papa well, enter my family land and dey shout no mans land. We go bury all. Awon Iran oshi
is that something to be proud of , or am i mistaking the meaning

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by cosse(m): 7:17pm On Apr 08, 2019
What i dont understand is ow mods approved such an unprofessional post like dis....so childish....the op couldnt even hide his disdain for the west ......u must be a teemager i swear......
Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by Bbbwings: 7:21pm On Apr 08, 2019
9icest:

I am an Omo onile in Ikorodu area. Your entire fathers pay me good money for a square meter feet. The slogan no mans land is just a sad and pathetic self-denial rant. If them born your papa well, enter my family land and dey shout no mans land. We go bury all. Awon Iran oshi
Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by Bbbwings: 7:22pm On Apr 08, 2019
logan2:
is that something to be proud of , or am i mistaking the meaning
Go there na
And shout no man's land
Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by Unlimitk(m): 7:26pm On Apr 08, 2019
Anambralstson:

Can you post current air traffic report, same thing you guys did when I posted numbers of commercial banks branches in all 36 states plus FCT, Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Anambra were top four leading states, you guys protested against the list posted by CBN because Anambra was number four with highest numbers of commercial banks, claimed it's old list, when I requested for updated list till today no response

wetin u dey smoke?
na illiterate u think u dey talk to?
any statistics favoring u guys, u post it
while for other ppl u reject it
y shouldn't I reject
na only ppl with inferiority complex can b bobo by u guys

wait I want to ask u a question
I see u hate Yorubas deeply,don't u have other life hobby than this
I want to ask what do u gain by all ur posts directed to Yorubas here
Yorubas don't give a fukk about u guys
average Yorubas not d ones here
if u ask Yorubas to pin point d map u guys live in ,they wouldn't b able to
y do u feel like Yorubas are in competition with u guys, when in reality we don't give a crap

(sighs)
this is just fukking stupid and sad

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by nextstep(m): 7:44pm On Apr 08, 2019
ChristianNorth:
Air traffic is an indicator of socio-economic activities in a place and also standard of living (disposal income).

It is not a surprise that SW didn't make the top 10 chart because outside Lagos, it will be rare to find a sophisticated level of economic activity going on there.

When you remove the top 4 international airports (Lagos, Abuja, PH, Kano) Imo Airport, a domestic airport sees the highest traffic, maybe because of its vantage position between two commercial heavyweights (Onitsha and Aba).

From the chart below, it is safe to conclude that SE/SS drive air traffic in Nigeria. Of course, we know foreigners and non-indigenes contribute more to the Lagos and Abuja airports traffic.

I am sure a lot of people will be surprised to see Edo on the chart. They are silent achievers.

First of all I'm from SS, so people don't jump on me (of course Igbo people will still find flaws in what I'm saying, but here goes). Second, why do we have to pull each other apart? Increased air traffic in Nigeria is a wonderful thing, and I'm happy to see so many parts of Nigeria getting their own airports - as far away as Kebbi and Dutse in 2013/2014. Third, frankly I'm pleasantly surprised to see Asaba on this list, especially as Asaba airport just really started not too long ago and is not a big city.

1. You can't remove all the international airports, because people use them for domestic flights too. What you could do is find out how much of the traffic from those airports is domestic only.

2. Lagos airport alone 7.3M, all SE and SS airports: 2.4M. (Yes, I'm including all traffic). But even this is quite impressive, considering how many people from SE use LOS inspire of the long drive to their hometown.

3. The vast majority of traffic in/out of Lagos are served by a relatively good road network (e.g. to Island,Ibadan,Ilorin,Akure) though there are some eyesores like Lagos-Abeokuta), and they are relatively close, compared to the long drive from SE to LOS or ABV. So it makes sense there'd be more domestic traffic in SE when you consider the length and dangers of road trips over bad roads.

4. A good proportion of the domestic traffic in SS and SE is to get to the international airports in Lagos or Abuja. How many direct international flights out of PHC (Arik, Air France, Lufthansa, who again)? Even those branch at Abuja or Lagos, so technically PHC is domestic (as in no direct flight from PHC to an international destination without touching down in LOS or ABV).

But it's all good... we're better as a country than we were just 20 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by Hillary4christ(m): 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2019
Enugu should come b4 IMO state bcus Enugu Anambra Ebonyi & most Abia goes through Airport
Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by Anambralstson: 7:51pm On Apr 08, 2019
ChristianNorth:

Are Yorubas responsible for the traffic?

You have Ibadan and Akure airports, traffic in the two airports for two years can't compare with that of Imo airports.
Are you still wondering why Tinubu's First nation airline collapsed while Air Peace that started few years ago now boast of 67 aircraft once their new order arrive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by nextstep(m): 7:54pm On Apr 08, 2019
dplordx:

MM2 is just an hour to Abeokuta and 30 minutes to Otta. Ogun doesn't need another white elephant project. Nigeria needs rail more than airports

This was what I was trying to say, but you've said it so much more eloquently.
Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by RTSC: 8:29pm On Apr 08, 2019
[quote][/quote]
yoruba hardly excel on self effort.

All their local airports are nothing to write home about.

Lagos is the only decent airport in that region and we all know why.

If Nigeria divide, many people yansh go open o.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by winterfell007(m): 8:35pm On Apr 08, 2019
ChristianNorth:

Ogun needs an airport because of traffic along that road. Who will even use the airport? That is the question.

Ogun needs no airport. It's got a nice proximity to Lagos. Learn to raising sentiments in your writeups, you appear bias
Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by smeag0l(m): 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2019
Exactly. Article makes no sense.
dplordx:

MM2 is just an hour to Abeokuta and 30 minutes to Otta. Ogun doesn't need another white elephant project. Nigeria needs rail more than airports

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by winterfell007(m): 8:38pm On Apr 08, 2019
Anambralstson:

You wonder why Air peace is leading airline grin same with land transport, that's why Igbos and southsouth control land transport

Take it from statements like this is what has set the Igbos back politically. Learn to be tactful and stop promoting unnecessary pride. It won't take us far

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 08, 2019
Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by winterfell007(m): 8:41pm On Apr 08, 2019
Unlimitk:
the mod that put this crap to front page is definitely Ibo
with this being 5 years report
the Igbo mod quickly push it to front page
well I blame seun for this crap

Just ignore that dude. I keep telling my Igbo brothers to learn how to be diplomatic. This unwarranted proud statement is causing the Igbos alot politically

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by chiefobdk(m): 9:01pm On Apr 08, 2019
9icest:

I am an Omo onile in Ikorodu area. Your entire fathers pay me good money for a square meter feet. The slogan no mans land is just a sad and pathetic self-denial rant. If them born your papa well, enter my family land and dey shout no mans land. We go bury all. Awon Iran oshi

Your mates are buying up people's father's family land but at ur age u dey osun dey defend imaginary family land for ikorodu

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by nwanyionitsha: 9:05pm On Apr 08, 2019
helinues:
Travellers in MMA alone supersedes all the remaining airport in Nigeria not to talk of a particular region
Use youe brains. Abuja and lagos are the main international airport.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by mamaafrik(m): 9:11pm On Apr 08, 2019
op,you sure say you well so,abi no be sam ibekwe wey i dey visit you talk??,They are doing road construction in your head...., tribalist.
Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by forgiveness: 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2019
ChristianNorth:

Ogun needs an airport because of traffic along that road. Who will even use the airport? That is the question.

Yes, Ogun state people are the poorest in Nigeria and that is why the likes of Mike Adenuga - Globacom, Subomi Balogun - FCMB, Oba Otudeko - Honeywell, Segun Agbaje - GTB, Adebola Adegunwa - Rite foods, Chief Adebutu - Premier Loto alias Baba Ijebu, Segun Adebutu - Petrolex oil and gas, Hassan Oye Odukale - Leadway assurance, Dapo Abiodun - Hayden, Funke Osibodu - Vigeo holding limited, Oba Tejuosho, Dr. Bolu Akin-Olugbade, WizKid, Olamide, Obasanjo, Gbanga Daniel, Osibanjo, Amosun, all the general overseas of churches in Ogun state, students in private universities, etcetera are too poor to use the airport. grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by chiefobdk(m): 9:17pm On Apr 08, 2019
winterfell007:

Take it from statements like this is what has set the Igbos back politically. Learn to be tactful and stop promoting unnecessary pride. It won't take us far

I'm still wondering why statements like this is yet to set Igbos back economically

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by winterfell007(m): 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2019
chiefobdk:

I'm still wondering why statements like this is yet to set Igbos back economically

Political power will always define economic power. If you think I'm not making sense, go and ask Dangote why he flirts with any party in power is because he makes sure their party policies favours him always.
Igbos might have carved a niche for themselves in Trading and medium scale enterprises, but let Buhari just make a new economic policy, immediately all the gains we've achieved will be wiped off, that is why I urge our people to learn to humble even in our success l it'll take us far in life
This unnecessary bragging is hurting us politically it's only a matter of time time before it begins to hurt us economically

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by ChristianNorth: 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2019
forgiveness:

Yes, Ogun state people are the poorest in Nigeria and that is why the likes of Mike Adenuga - Globacom, Subomi Balogun - FCMB, Oba Otudeko - Honeywell, Segun Agbaje - GTB, Adebola Adegunwa - Rite foods, Chief Adebutu - Premier Loto alias Baba Ijebu, Segun Adebutu - Petrolex oil and gas, Hassan Oye Odukale - Leadway assurance, Dapo Abiodun - Hayden, Funke Osibodu - Vigeo holding limited, Oba Tejuosho, Dr. Bolu Akin-Olugbade, WizKid, Olamide, Obasanjo, Gbanga Daniel, Osibanjo, Amosun, all the general overseas of churches in Ogun state, students in private universities, etcetera are too poor to use the airport. grin
It is the middle class that drives air traffic. Ogun doesn't have one.

Have you wondered why even Delta airport has traffic than Ibadan and Akure combined? Because it serves Onitsha.

Owerri airport serves Aba and also Onitsha. It is the middle class that is driving the traffic not few rich people.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by ChristianNorth: 9:48pm On Apr 08, 2019
winterfell007:

Ogun needs no airport. It's got a nice proximity to Lagos. Learn to raising sentiments in your writeups, you appear bias
Lol. Anambra is building an airport despite having three airports serving them (Owerri, Enugu, Asaba). Do you think they are stupid?

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by ChristianNorth: 9:51pm On Apr 08, 2019
Anambralstson:

Are you still wondering why Tinubu's First nation airline collapsed while Air Peace that started few years ago now boast of 67 aircraft once their new order arrive
So Tinubu is the owner of First Nation? Did a research now, they own only two crafts in their air fleet. No wonder they are hating on Air Peace

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by ChristianNorth: 9:59pm On Apr 08, 2019
nextstep:

Third, frankly I'm pleasantly surprised to see Asaba on this list, especially as Asaba airport just really started not too long ago and is not a big city.

Of course, Onitsha borders Asaba.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by forgiveness: 10:03pm On Apr 08, 2019
Anambralstson:

What date is that? 2012? grin

Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by Gazzy88(m): 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2019
helinues:

At where?
wasimi, Abeokuta
Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by nextstep(m): 10:29pm On Apr 08, 2019
ChristianNorth:

Of course, Onitsha borders Asaba.

Of course... of course... you're right that's the big draw.
Re: Top 10 Air Traffic Destination In Nigeria by forgiveness: 10:42pm On Apr 08, 2019
ChristianNorth:
Air traffic is an indicator of socio-economic activities in a place and also standard of living (disposal income).

It is not a surprise that SW didn't make the top 10 chart because outside Lagos, it will be rare to find a sophisticated level of economic activity going on there.

When you remove the top 4 international airports (Lagos, Abuja, PH, Kano) Imo Airport, a domestic airport sees the highest traffic, maybe because of its vantage position between two commercial heavyweights (Onitsha and Aba).

From the chart below, it is safe to conclude that SE/SS drive air traffic in Nigeria. Of course, we know foreigners and non-indigenes contribute more to the Lagos and Abuja airports traffic.

I am sure a lot of people will be surprised to see Edo on the chart. They are silent achievers.

You are just an illiterate who can't read simple chart. grin

How can Imo airport with around 260,000 passengers see more traffic than Lagos and Abuja with over 3 million passengers, and P/H with over 1 million passengers when you remove the international passengers? Bhuhahahaha! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Russia A Good Place To Live? / Spanish Government Deports 23 Nigerians / A Section Of The Eko Bridge Blocked For Rehabilitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.